Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 (84708 Views)

How I Sent My Troublesome First Wife Packing Peacefully / Uncle In-law Is Becoming Unbearable / Zimbabwean Man Catches His Wife & Her 'Uncle' In Bed, Attempts Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by generalwo(m): 8:54pm On May 24, 2022
Are you complaining that the money is too small?? If yes, then you're very ungrateful.... Do u think he plucks money in USA?? If making money was so easy, you should be dependent on your parents and not your uncle.... Appreciate the little you're given so God can bless you...... At this rate in which you are showing ingratitude, even if he gives you 100k,you still won't think he's done anything for you....
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Ikpongiton: 9:13pm On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
So when you are in the position like him, don't do like him.
you are what buhari will call a lazy youth.if not, that amount can be invested, and be multiplied.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Stevosty: 9:21pm On May 24, 2022
Who are these people blaming the Op? I can feel for him, rich families in Nigeria today are those that help each other out, after he must have spent the 30,000 what next? Will he still call for another, in a country where unemployment is on rampage, the uncle shouldn't forget the same boy will be an Uncle someday and the "don't you have parent" continues.

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Stevosty: 9:23pm On May 24, 2022
Ikpongiton:
you are what buhari will call a lazy youth.if not, that amount can be invested, and be multiplied.
Can you expatiate Mr Investor.

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by KushLyon(m): 9:42pm On May 24, 2022
You are still young and haven't yet realised what life is all about. I hope you have carefully read all the advices that has been given to you here and learnt from them, coz if you don't learn now, then it may be too late by the time you figured it out
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Octobertwentysix(f): 9:49pm On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
This was the message I sent to my uncle who lives in America and he sent me just N30,000.

"Good morning uncle...I first of all appreciate your previous assistance.But I want to tell you that it's not enough.I'm 19 and jobless, but I really need money.I would appreciate anything that comes from you."

Just 30k, see entitlement of the highest order, did you give him money to process his Visa, just because he lives in America you feel he picks money on the streets, na wa for some people.

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Mattwillz: 10:05pm On May 24, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Shoor!

E be like say someone don vex you. See eh...na one backhand go reset your brain. You this mannerless idiota. Dundie United. grin

You better go hustle so you wont just be attacking people anyhow in NL. cheesy
What your mom said...
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Adek15(m): 10:07pm On May 24, 2022
Ojady:
You see no one touches a man's heart who will eventually not move his hands. One cannot assess the op's narrative correctly, owing to the fact that one does not know the relationship between them. Who knows maybe Uncle used to live in their house before he travelled or maybe op's parents sent him to school, I mean the possibilities could be more than the op let on. Nonetheless, gratitude alongside patience and the truth that no one upon this earth owes you a dime are virtues. Rather than say the money was not enough for you, you could say "Thank you Uncle for remembering me, I know if you had more, you would, nonetheless, I thank you, with this 30k , I plan to do x,y,z - I will send you pictures of them. Btw, Uncle, I am also into running errands for people abroad. I can help you with transcripts, purchasing stuff out here when you need folks to bring them out there for you, clearing your imports, cutting the grass on your land, supervise your projects etc. We are family, so you get discount".
These are the ways one can show gratitude and position to get more from "Uncle". A sense of entitlement especially towards folks who live abroad is cery unfair. Nowhere under the sun is free of problems, a major difference is the value of the Western currency compared to Naira and perhaps visionless and spineless leadership and citizenry.
you're a wise person.

My own weakness is I don't know how to ask another human for anything. Growing up, even to ask my parents for things was very difficult, not to talk of a family member.
The op entitlement mentality is outta this world
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Ilekokonit: 11:15pm On May 24, 2022
Skyview01:
My nephew sent me similar message and I blocked him.

Some people don't realise that people do lose their jobs abroad too and so that relative who sent you 30k may actally be unemployed but still scraped the 30k just to help a relative.

This is the reason some people don't pick calls from relatives they are certail will ask fthem for money and some of these relatives are relentless and it doesn't matter that you guys have not been in contact for over 10 nyears or more 'cos once they manage to get your number, they feel that all their financial problems are solved.

And some of them like my cousin will just tell you in a phone call that her rent is due and her landlord and caretaker are chasing her or her phone is spoilt and then she will keep quiet for a long time expecting you to jump in and say how much is her rent or phone etc and this is the reason I don't pick her phone calls for months on end.

Another uncle I had not seen for decades managed to get my phone number from my brother on facebook and because I made the "mistake" of sending him 30k in December, he than started stalking me by "flashing" me relentlessly during March saying his son is getting married that I should send him something but I ignored his calls / texts and the wedding came and went in April and the heavens did not fall.

They have started hounding me again with phone calls in the past 2 weeks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 24, 2022
Ilekokonit:

Some people don't realise that people do lose their jobs abroad too and so that relative who sent you 30k may actally be unemployed but still scraped the 30k just to help a relative.

This is the reason some people don't pick calls from relatives they are certail will ask fthem for money and some of these relatives are relentless and it doesn't matter that you guys have not been in contact for over 10 nyears or more 'cos once they manage to get your number, they feel that all their financial problems are solved.

And some of them like my cousin will just tell you in a phone call that her rent is due and her landlord and caretaker are chasing her or her phone is spoilt and then she will keep quiet for a long time expecting you to jump in and say how much is her rent or phone etc and this is the reason I don't pick her phone calls for months on end.

Another uncle I had not seen for decades managed to get my phone number from my brother on facebook and because I made the "mistake" of sending him 30k in December, he than started stalking me by "flashing" me relentlessly during March saying his son is getting married that I should send him something but I ignored his calls / texts and the wedding came and went in April and the heavens did not fall.

They have started hounding me again with phone calls in the past 2 weeks.

A lot of the folks back home wants to simply turn you to ATM machine.
They are not interested in you and your kids, only what the can get from you.
I stopped picking calls and changed my numbers asap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Efekeson(m): 11:24pm On May 24, 2022
How much did your father send to his nephews when alive? How much did he leave for you to inherit. Manage the 30k cis you won't see another. Your uncle owe you nothing. It's out of pity he is trying to help you. Most likely you spent the last money on your girlfriend. Grow up and take care of ur mum. Stop this nonsense.
VictorUSA:
So when you are in the position like him, don't do like him.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by YangaBabe: 11:25pm On May 24, 2022
Simple and direct, you're lucky you have sech a nice uncle. smiley
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Bekeey: 11:59pm On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
You are wicked!

And heartless
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Ilekokonit: 12:25am On May 25, 2022
Skyview01:

A lot of the folks back home wants to simply turn you to ATM machine.
They are not interested in you and your kids, only what the can get from you .
I stopped picking calls and changed my numbers asap.

Imagine someone you had only seen once in decades when you went for your Dad's funeral flashing you relentlessly from naija once he managed to get your number from your brother and the next thing is for him to text you saying "please find me something" which was not accompanied or preceded by him asking how are you and how is your family doing ?
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by sharone21(f): 2:37am On May 25, 2022
VictorUSA:
Sir you wont understand.This same person bought houses and cars for many people.Before my father died he promised to build house for my dad, pay my elder bro's tuition fee, take me to the U.S in 2018, then I was still in jss 3.Today we still live in a rented house that has 300 000 annual pay and we've not paid a part of it coz we had no means.What can the vegetable my mum sells do? He didnt fullfil any of his promises.Imagine I sent msg that our rent of 300 000 expired this month and he sent me 50k, what can that do? My uncle just dont like me.He sent my cousin 200k just to buy whatever he wants.And that guy's parent are relatively wealthy.I feel like crying.This is what Ishlove Skyview01 GRACETOLIVF Pocohantas doggedfighter Peteredo SyrusdeHansome Sisisioge fail to understand and are raining insults like we are fighting.

Sorry my dear, though u didn't explain it in your initial post.

Nairaland is a place where people are easily accused of being entitled, especially my gender.

I fully understand what it feels like losing one's dad.

But know that God works in a mysterious way especially for fatherless and motherless children.

Don't despise that your neighbor, friend, former classmate etc, as God may use them FIRST to help u before your so called uncle in USA.

In the meanwhile, have some plans for yourself and how u think u can meet them( I know it isn't easy with many financial bills hitting your family) and work hard in your own little way + prayers.

Don't waste the time u spend online for nothing, sometimes friends NEVER known even outside the country can be of help to u....

Meditate on what I have written.

It is well...You will testify.

PS: People should be careful the way they are quick to criticise others, don't be the one to make someone suicidal.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:29am On May 25, 2022
kayperry:

Lets cut the young man some slacks and personally i would, seein that he as made some moves,@least getting a new job.
Nigerians problem is we only tend to "react" nobody cares to understand the problem, ... what brewed OP entitlement is what he as seen his uncle do for others, lets put ourselves in his shoes, same uncle that told you no money gave you 2k then you hear from an outsider he dashed them 50k .. we are all human emotions are bound to run buh thats were personality now comes to play. some of us were sired to believe nobody owe you anything but some aint so luck .. @victorusa my advice is you take ur mind off whatever ur uncles as done or doing, you might as well remove the usa behind ur name, if suffix is a must then just "Y" sounds appropriate, carry on with life, success no get age limit just focus on self discovery and more doors will be open unto you. if i tell you say e go easy naa zobo for ur own good, brace up n you'll succeed

There's no cutting of any slacks here for anybody who doesn't merit it.
No justification exists for people who exhibit such entitlement mentalities
Do you know that even God himself doesn't bless everyone equally
He said, with neither apology nor equivocation, that He shows mercy on whom He wants to show mercy on(Ron 9: 18).
The money belongs to the uncle; he has the freedom to give anyone whatsoever amount he deems fit, and sometimes, it depends on lots of things which only him and those outsiders know.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by caesymore(m): 11:20pm On May 25, 2022
VictorUSA:
You are wicked!

You are jobless and stupid. No use your time well dey there dey wait for manna wey you go still grumbly collect.

OLUKWU
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by BluntCrazeMan: 10:15am On May 26, 2022
VictorUSA:
If your uncle lives in the US and send you 30K, and you are satisfied with that you can quote me with this trash again.
Do they pick money on the road in America.??
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Hassanmaye(m): 10:49am On May 26, 2022
Kimiso:
you've already spoiled his mood with just that is not enough,..silly jobless entitlement mentality motherfvcker,..better use the 30k to go and hawk orange in go slow
Hahahhahahaha but this is true so many stupid men, so he wants him to send 10m to a jobless man
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Hassanmaye(m): 10:49am On May 26, 2022
Skyview01:
My nephew sent a similar message and I simply blocked him. Your parents are the ones responsible for you not me. No time to explain. I also block anyone that sends me a broadcast message no matter who they are.
What if the person have pussy or whole?
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 27, 2022
chatinent:
No vex, the USA wey you attach in your username, is it of/for your uncle?

Btw, I don't know how to be entitled... because I never had sb who sends me anything. I literally worked for every little thing I have. I have been working since when I was 13. It surprises me how you guys feel you are another's responsibility.

In this hard time, N1000 given to you that you didn't work for should come with a big thank you.

I just wish you knew you'd be someone's uncle someday.

As I dey, we wish we had sb to send us even if na N2k and you see N30k you dey bleat.

As you dey, I fit just see you for road nack you engine block for this entitlement feeling...in fact, begin come front.
Felt this deeply. As in eh

If I see 2k today, I fit worship the person wen send am

Another person see 30k, e bring am come Nairaland.

You need serious whipping.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by delex004(m): 11:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
ORIGI:
Please I got this invite. Has anyone heard or have been to this address before?

Dear Applicant,

You are invited for an INTERVIEW with Giko Consult, A Business Management and Outsourcing Firm.
Date: Friday 27th May 2022 by 8am
Venue: Suit 150b, Beside Great Talent School, Oba Ogunji Road ogba, Lagos.

Regards,
Mr Udoh I
Web: Gikosult.com.ng

Bro please what's the update on this, I just got the same message

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? / Man Divorces Wife And Marries The Maid In Zambia (Photos) / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.