Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,444 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

"Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video (67936 Views)

Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner / Lady Cleans Makeup Off The Faces Of Ladies Who Offered Her N1.5k After Service / An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:16pm On May 25, 2022
Oya come back na grin
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by tonididdy(m): 9:20pm On May 25, 2022
Karleb:

I know a retiree that makes close to that monthly.

He can't say it boldly that he's comfortable, he's just there. This is someone that doesn't pay rent o.

Mr. Stop hyping this money, by the time you have responsibility, the money will be like N300.

The only time you can enjoy such money is when you are single and prudent too.
You have said it all bro
The other day one was showing us a huge pile of cash he made saving with his indoor kolo box and I told him, you can only achieve this because you have no gf, kids or responsibilities other than yourself. Even a salary earner cannot be successful at such savings method.

Its a diff ball game when you have a family to look after.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by edosignature(m): 9:23pm On May 25, 2022
tunapawizzy:

Do you think those your friends will be in a position to want to set up businesses if they did not travel. Financially will they have the means are they regretting? Just asking

Though most st of them are fresher than me but as I type this words, I'm a proud Owner of three (3) houses & still hustling.

Some of them were doing well here in Nigeria before they left just that they went to get hard urgencies & they've all tested Home & Abroad & they all are testifying that there is no place like Nigeria.

If I must travel to any European country is for sight seeing & others but not to Japa.

Even my wife went to give birth to our child their & still come back to her business in Nigeria.

No place like home brother... You can make millions & live happily in Nigeria without stress.

Foreign lands ate not what they pint them to be.

Peace
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by lagosrd: 9:32pm On May 25, 2022
Not his fault now, shebi they gave him safety ropes to hang on to. Come back and clean a storey building window here if they wl rent you a decent ladder.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 25, 2022
justicechichex:

He should earn enough to cater for himself and his family. That's all that matters...

Sure but he can't have enough to invest. That keep him in the system for live.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by donaldking10: 9:40pm On May 25, 2022
Givemehope:

You said "if you are rich". So what as I am not rich?

if there's no better opportunity for you here, then you are free to go.
your own case is an exception tho.
I'm talking about those who are already earning high & living fine in Nigeria.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by deltateam: 9:42pm On May 25, 2022
justicechichex:
The guy no want make people cm put sand sand for ehn garri over there! Well that one na em cup of tea..

I can't do that work for any amount. There are safer works he could have chosen. Why this?
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by PapaNnamdi: 9:45pm On May 25, 2022
Remnita:

Nah for Nigeria here you no Dey pay bills?
Oponu
How many Nigerian youths can even boast of having 200k in their account
Allow people that wnat to go abroad to go
Nigeria is doomed nothing works here
Oga who hold you,
Travel make u leave the doomed nation
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by justicechichex: 9:46pm On May 25, 2022
Thanksful:

Sure but he can't have enough to invest. That keep him in the system for live.

True. Though he might still have more than one hustle that might help him invest....
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by PapaNnamdi: 9:46pm On May 25, 2022
frankie2K:

Which one is cheap in Nigeria. Despite having crude oil, is petrol and diesel cheap in Nigeria

Sorry sir, travel
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by justicechichex: 10:30pm On May 25, 2022
deltateam:

I can't do that work for any amount. There are safer works he could have chosen. Why this?

It could be just for a short-term basis so that he could stand on his feet.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by ModelLook(m): 11:31pm On May 25, 2022
I don tire.

Some say abroad hard like say Nigeria easy.

Some say abroad get too much Bills. Bills here and Bills there like say for Nigeria people dey use their Saliva pay House Rent, NEPA Bill, Waste Bill, Security Bill, Buy Gas or Kerosene (wey no dey last), Transport, Petrol for their Cars, Food (in which prices have doubled in the market) and many others on top N30K Monthly salary.

Some say Shootings dey for America. I laugh grin

Come to Nigeria and take a stroll at 1AM on your street especially now that Nigeria is Crazy with what is happening daily grin

Please nobody should poison anyone's mind biko.

Our struggles are different.

If you have way to travel, abeg RUN. You will adjust with time okay.

On a lighter note, which Course of Study is lucrative in America in terms of Renumeration? I want to start planning.

Let us not make the mistake our seniors made of travelling to America unprepared.

Thank you.

***It's 11.31pm here in Nigeria and there is no light. NEPA has taken the light since 4pm. I'm just tired. Welcome to Nigeria. The land of sleeping and having chronic nightmares due to heat cry**

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Theophinio(m): 12:13am On May 26, 2022
donaldking10:

If you are rich, the best place to spend your money & have rest of mind without thinking of too much taxation to me is still Nigeria.
Apart from the fact you are a into Medicine, Nursing or I.T which pay well abroad, 90% of the time it's actually frustration, unemployment & lack of opportunities in Nigeria that make people try to travel out of the country.
I have a friend who spent more than 2 million Naira trying to aquire a U.S Visa. Few weeks to the day he was supposed to fly to the U.S, he got a job of 500K per month in Umuahia.
Immediately my guy abandoned all the plans he had of traveling out, plus the 2 million he had already spent & Immediately accepted the job.
Now he's doing well, just bought a Car & is already planning on building a house & settling down.
He no longer even thinks of leaving the country again.
The devil you know, is better than the angel you don't know.
A lot of people still went to the U.S & flopped big time.

For those having doubts, he works in C.B.N Umuahia branch, and mind you his salary of 500k is just for starters.
If his promotion comes as expected, he would be earning more than 5 million Naira in a month before retirement.
Then try to imagine how many million Naira his gratuity would be together with his pensions after retirement.
That is what is called job security & earning money without stress.
For how many years would you keep working as a laborer abroad before you get tired??
Any reasonable person would prefer a good paying job with security & retirement benefits to being a laborer for life.

But if you still prefer to be a laborer abroad who would be cleaning windows for a living for life, then so be it.

And for those talking about security, nowhere on earth is absolutely safe.
Just yesterday an 18-year old gunned down 13 school children at their school in US.
Nigerians who also relocated to Ukraine, where are they now?

Word Of Wisdom

Those that have ear let them hear �

You can never be rich as a laborer in the "West"

Infact with slightly huge capital for business in your disposal you can be financially free here in Nigeria than in the West where taxation and social security tax leaves you with nothing at the end of every month

Let's wake ⏰ up and think rightly

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by zomby(m): 1:06am On May 26, 2022
Anitaarthur:
A US-based Nigerian man who works as a window cleaner has shared a hustling video of himself while advising his colleagues in Nigeria not to be deceived by what social media presents to them all day about foreign countries.

The video the man shared on social media shows the moment he was in the sky cleaning the windows of a skyscraper with his colleague African brothers.

They are seen hanging on a lever on the building moving up and down horizontally.

https://allgistroom.com/abroad-life-man-skyscraper-windows/

I admire this brother and also respect his hustle, but he must speak for himself.

Yes, life in certain foreign countries may not be 100% perfect, but anything is better than a country (Nigeria) where leaders only work towards stealing, where 90% of the youths are jobless, where human beings’ lives are constantly taken without any sensible justification, where certain areas in the country haven’t seen power supply or water supply for more that 10 yrs…Where an average citizen can’t afford to eat a decent meal twice a day.

So, give me a fuckkking break, anywhere is better than this miserable hopeless country. Many folks here wouldn’t mind to sweep market floor in America as long as they can provide for their families.

It doesn’t feel good when a son tells his father that he is hungry and the father doesn’t have an answer….
Abeg hang me too on the side of the building and make me move up and down as I clean the sides of the building . At the end of the day, I will eat, my folks will eat and I will even have extra money to send to Nigeria

Anything is better than the current situation of things in this country.

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Mcslize: 1:40am On May 26, 2022
heendrix:

do you even know what a war torned country is?? you dont sound like one who's got a lil amount of intelligence

See who is mentioning intelligence. Improve your already very low IQ first before you mention intelligence.

If you're intelligent, you're supposed to know Nigeria is a deadly shithole where your life for tomorrow is not guaranteed. Whereas you claimed to be intelligent but still lack the foresight of the true reality of things.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Mcslize: 2:01am On May 26, 2022
Evolutionlove:

Lol probably you are not yet aware "Stack Nigerians have their own different type of REST OF MIND" Nigerians are the most careless people on earth, [b]They feign Ignorance and do not care about their fellow citizens plights or owes until It happens to them personally... [/b]

Exactly. They will always turn a blind eyes to all the horrible things that are happenings ravaging left and right in this country not until they experience it themselves.

As far as nothing bad has ever happened to any of their family members due to all the present insecurities, they will not see anything wrong with all the insecurities in the country. And somebody was ignorantly mentioning peace of mind and Nigeria in the same sentence!

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Wwwq: 2:05am On May 26, 2022
Come back home and let someone replace you then you will know where is not easy either nigeria or abroad
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Mcslize: 2:07am On May 26, 2022
JooEeL:

This is why I give up on black people. Can you see the statement coming from that complete mugu in the 3rd-most terrorised country?

Black people can adapt to nonsense. That's why they're always close to dustbin, wherever they may be across the world.

I tire for some people o. You can imagine na.

Some persons will not always be true to themselves. After all, they see Nigeria as paradise on earth and the most peaceful country in the world. Just have money and you have peace of mind. You can imagine that nonsense.

They will see black and call it white and call white black.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 2:20am On May 26, 2022
ttobizz:

See the high risk good paying job wey d guy dey do for US, he come nairaland dey deceive people.

He for come 9ja come dig suckaway. Mumu!

Omoooooooooooo guy be calming down na

LMAO
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by essentialone(m): 5:17am On May 26, 2022
The only thing you are good for in this life is always to open your mouth waah

GoodFaith:

You have all the sense
Use your sense to get visa now
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by zomby(m): 5:57am On May 26, 2022
I honestly believe that the things that Nigerians in foreign countries miss the most are:
1. Easy access to local cooked food
2. Domestic workers
3. Easy access to different chicks
4. Excess drinking
5. Easy access to various “awanbe” gatherings
6. And finally the LAWLESSNESS on ground.
Other than that, majority of these people would rather stay away from Nigeria.

Even though, Within their (Nigerians that live in foreign countries) 2 weeks vacation in Nigeria, all these things on my list are very easy to see as living life to the fullest…But the truth is, Nigeria is a super charged SHITHOLE, which can’t be fully detected in 2 weeks.
To truly see what Nigeria is all about, I recommend to these Nigerians in foreign countries to come home and stick around for about 8 months… 8 months is enough for shit to really hit the fan, is enough for them to thank God and thank their stars for the opportunity to live far away from the shithole country called Nigeria.

Everything in the country from the top to the bottom makes absolutely no sense.
If you want to die young, you can abandon your foreign country and return back to Nigeria to live.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by zoedew: 5:59am On May 26, 2022
donaldking10:

If you are rich, the best place to spend your money & have rest of mind without thinking of too much taxation to me is still Nigeria.
Apart from the fact you are a into Medicine, Nursing or I.T which pay well abroad, 90% of the time it's actually frustration, unemployment & lack of opportunities in Nigeria that make people try to travel out of the country.
I have a friend who spent more than 2 million Naira trying to aquire a U.S Visa. Few weeks to the day he was supposed to fly to the U.S, he got a job of 500K per month in Umuahia.
Immediately my guy abandoned all the plans he had of traveling out, plus the 2 million he had already spent & Immediately accepted the job.
Now he's doing well, just bought a Car & is already planning on building a house & settling down.

For those having doubts, he works in C.B.N Umuahia branch, and mind you his salary of 500k is just for starters.
If his promotion comes as expected, he would be earning more than 5 million Naira in a month before retirement.
Then try to imagine how many million Naira his gratuity would be together with his pensions after retirement.
For how many years would you keep working as a laborer abroad before you get tired??
Any reasonable person would prefer a good paying job with security & retirement benefits to being a laborer for life.

But if you still prefer to be a laborer abroad who would be cleaning windows for a living for life, then so be it.

Just yesterday an 18-year old gunned down 13 school children at their school in US.
Correct comment.

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by zomby(m): 6:06am On May 26, 2022
zoedew:

Correct comment.

Even if you are rich, Nigeria is still not the country for you.

It is amazing and also very sad that most people don’t even know that the poor and the rich are both suffering in Nigeria…
I guess, it is all about our mindset, but for me Nigeria is not a country for human beings to live.
It is a big box of hell where absolutely NOTHING WORKS OR MAKES SENSE
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by zomby(m): 6:14am On May 26, 2022
Smart Nigerians are finding various ways to move their families far away from Nigeria…as most folks that are still connected to reality know for sure that it will take up to 50 yrs for things to be close to normal in Nigeria.

The big question is: why do anyone want to invest their money in a country as unstable as nigeria…especially if you have options to leave the shithole country?

$1 is now N610
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by saintadeola: 6:15am On May 26, 2022
Idiot,nobody force u go back home,no where is easy but at least they are not owing u ,u are earning and building house and taken care of ur family
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by zoedew: 6:49am On May 26, 2022
zomby:

Even if you are rich, Nigeria is still not the country for you.

It is amazing and also very sad that most people don’t even know that the poor and the rich are both suffering in Nigeria…
I guess, it is all about our mindset, but for me Nigeria is not a country for human beings to live.
It is a big box of hell where absolutely NOTHING WORKS OR MAKES SENSE
You have work to do to make my Nigeria work. Truth is, places we escape to work because folks who are indigenous to those places worked to make things work in their space.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Alusiizizi(m): 7:24am On May 26, 2022
cococandy:

show me the area so I can move there. I’m renting one of my houses for $2,200 a month and it was picked off the market the day I listed it because it’s the fairest and cheapest rental price in that area. You can’t even touch a studio for less than $900/$1000 a month in rural areas much less a one bedroom. What are you on about?

You should be doing the research you’re asking me to do
https://www.rent.com/research/national-apartment-rent-price-analysis/

Ok so you're talking about high end prices, probably in down-town areas and in high expense places like the northern U.S(New York, Maryland) or maybe even California. I'm talking about Texas here where things are much cheaper. All those places that you are referring to are over-priced and over-rated in my opinion.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by cococandy(f): 8:15am On May 26, 2022
Alusiizizi:

Ok so you're talking about high end prices, probably in down-town areas and in high expense places like the northern U.S(New York, Maryland) or maybe even California. I'm talking about Texas here where things are much cheaper. All those places that you are referring to are over-priced and over-rated in my opinion.
Where in Texas is a one bedroom $500?
Rural redneck heehaw Texas?

Because regular cities where most Nigerians live like Austin, Houston, Dallas, forth worth etc are way more than that.

We are not even mentioning California and New York in this rent conversation. They are in a separate special class all by themselves.

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by heendrix(m): 9:15am On May 26, 2022
Mcslize:

See who is mentioning intelligence. Improve your already very low IQ first before you mention intelligence.

If you're intelligent, you're supposed to know Nigeria is a deadly shithole where your life for tomorrow is not guaranteed. Whereas you claimed to be intelligent but still lack the foresight of the true reality of things.

shut tf up man. What do you know bout war and a country that is torn apart by war?? same you calling Nigeria a deadly shithole would picture America as the best place on the planet whilst same thing happens over there, where you going out and coming back safely is not at all guaranteed to

Next time you wanna make use of a word put ur cerebrum to work by checking a dictionary to see if you're on point or just literally embarrassing yourself.

Fvck you man, don't join the white to call ur motherland shitty names
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Hassanmaye(m): 11:36am On May 26, 2022
pansophist:
What people don't realize is that there is no such thing as a career, or I will put it this way, the people that have a fulfilling career are very tiny. If the job pays you do let you to live a respectable life, then that is the ideal. The idea that you must be in a suit with a tie in an office is nonsense. Arrant nonsense.

Human civilizations are not built on suits and ties but on hard grinding work. From the peasants building and maintaining railways to long-haul interstate drivers even accross countries, to the sewage workers, the farmers, traffic guys, and so forth. These are the people that powers society, the majority in the background, not the tiny veneer of men in suits that are sprinkled on top. These ordinary men and women are the heros of society but sadly, these are the people we don't want to be like.

In other words, we live in a cappuccino society, where beneath is an untold amount of ordinary men and women keeping the system from crumbling, but with a sprinkle of tiny men on suits on top. Lots of people depressed themselves for nothing because they have filtered their vision not to see the majority that powers society, to see only the tiny ones.

And here comes the most important one, which is contentment. Contentment doesn't mean settling for less, or not aspiring to be more, but it's about being okay with what you have while working to improve it. Probably Nigeria hasn't reached the peak of educated masses, but in all developed countries where most of the populations are educated up to 99% (eg Canada, US, UK), the majority of the workforce are not happy with their jobs, and even Ph.D. holders do taxi jobs.

This is sad to say, but personally, I see how many of my ex-classmates torture themselves just because they think life after school should be nirvana. Some postpone the pain by taking more courses, embarking on more degrees, and so forth, but shifting the goal post doesn't mean the post isn't there, it's still waiting albeit, a bit farther. Perhaps if they could just see that the world is not powered by men in suits, but by men on rags, it shall be well with them.
Just look at the nonsense you Type. You are paid because of your value. The engineer that use his knowledge and skill to design 30 Storey building in 1hour in suit is paid 1bn while the non educated who grind the sand are paid 5k per day. Use your brain, continue decieving the guliibles
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Hassanmaye(m): 11:46am On May 26, 2022
donaldking10:

This figures you just type here im sorry is complete lie and baldadash.. most people working in CbN won't tell you how much they earn, ant it's not up to this abeg.. if that is it, use your brain how many government workers are millionaires? Is because you are not dealing with their staffs most of them rely on corruption.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Hassanmaye(m): 11:49am On May 26, 2022
spencekat:
How many earn even 300k per month in Nigeria?
Lol that's why that guy typing people earn 500k salary in CBN as starters I laughed him. Mumu

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Meet Bruno Chigozie Opara, The Hottest & Most Handsome Nigerian Police Officer? / Drama As Scared Nigerian Cadet Refuses To Jump During Military Training. Photos / Keke Driver Returned N1.1M To Owner, Rewarded With N200 For Recharge Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.