Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,147 members, 7,953,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:19 PM

"Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video (68468 Views)

Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner / Lady Cleans Makeup Off The Faces Of Ladies Who Offered Her N1.5k After Service / An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by juman(m): 5:08pm On May 25, 2022
Plenty money dey abroad.
Plenty money, if you can work and smart.

But most of our people are terribly lazy.
They blame their village witches for their unsuccessful life.
They can't work well o. They think money suppose to appear in their pockets just because they are in abroad.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by MyAmericandream(f): 5:19pm On May 25, 2022
seanwilliam:

There’s no way on earth I’ll dump my sure America visa for a 500k job in Nigeria .

That’s just 800$ . If I can make 500k monthly here in Nigeria , trust me I’ll make 5m in yankee .. how will I do it? You no worry . Make I reach first

Some folks just want to travel at all cost. But they have no plans and goals. When he had 500 , it sounds heavy for him to take. He let go of his future that looks promising because 500k, way person dey make here per week.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by MyAmericandream(f): 5:27pm On May 25, 2022
Jamersirwin1971:

500k per month is like 300-400 euro . And you feel that’s money ?
They’ll tell you now that life in abroad is more expensive than Nigeria. So 500k will go along way LOL

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by MyAmericandream(f): 5:32pm On May 25, 2022
juman:
Plenty money dey abroad.
Plenty money, if you can work and smart.

But most of our people are terribly lazy.
They blame their village witches for their unsuccessful life.
They can't work well o. They think money suppose to appear in their pockets just because they are in abroad.

Some of them are just clueless, they don’t even know what to do with their green card. You see them applying as Uber driver , Amazon flex etc
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by juman(m): 5:41pm On May 25, 2022
MyAmericandream:

Some of them are just clueless, they don’t even know what to do with their green card. You see them applying as Uber driver , Amazon flex etc

All those are good jobs.
All jobs are good, be smart.
You would see cleaner just five years in abroad and has one hundred thousand pounds savings in his account.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by MyAmericandream(f): 5:44pm On May 25, 2022
juman:

All those are good jobs.
All jobs are good, be smart.
You would see cleaner just five years in abroad and has one hundred thousand pounds savings in his account.

These jobs are good for retirees, not for some smart and young guys in their 30’s or 40’’s. To drive regularly ain’t that easy bro.

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Remnita(f): 5:46pm On May 25, 2022
PapaNnamdi:

Leave all this mumu Children wey no get sense making noise.. the only cheap thing abroad is food , gadgets, electronics and cars made in that country, u see rent and bills, water ,light , parking, insurance Omo, body go teL u

Nah for Nigeria here you no Dey pay bills?
Oponu
How many Nigerian youths can even boast of having 200k in their account
Allow people that wnat to go abroad to go
Nigeria is doomed nothing works here

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by SIRTee15: 5:52pm On May 25, 2022
MyAmericandream:

They’ll tell you now that life in abroad is more expensive than Nigeria. So 500k will go along way LOL

As a family man, 500k will barely push you into normal middle class. u cant even be upper middle class.
that country is now fvcking expensive.
In places like Lagos, u just a normal family man, nothing special. A good private school fee starts from 80k per term. In places like surulere, ordinary daycare is 300k.
Na single guy with no responsibility 500k go they shack.

2 Likes

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by cococandy(f): 5:56pm On May 25, 2022
One bedroom for $500?
These nairalanders won’t kill me
Alusiizizi:

You definitely don't know what you're talking about. An average one bedroom flat in the U.S. is going for around $500 a month not to talk of electricity($80), then we have to eat 3 square meals a day($100 a week or $$400 a month give or take), then transportation(whether by bus or private car, there's no way to beat $100 a month). Of course man does not live by work alone so let's throw in a very stingy $200 a month for a bit of fun. Add all that up and you're looking at about $1,280 rounded up to $1,300 or thereabout. Now let's say the guy is getting paid about $2000 a month which is about the best that such a window cleaner can expect(low skill profession) then we remove tax(about 30% in the U.S.A) the man is then taking home only about $1,400 ~ $1,500 which leaves him with only about $200 in the bank. Assuming perfect conditions(i.e. no parking fines, traffic ticket, theft e.t.c) that would mean that he will have to be doing this for about 10 years or more to hope of saving up to $20,000. You might respond by saying that he could have the opportunity to change "levels" in the future but changing levels often come with a variety of more expenses which will very likely not see his monthly savings grow more than that $200 a month. Trust me, the grass is not greener on the other side.

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by frankie2K(m): 5:57pm On May 25, 2022
PapaNnamdi:

Leave all this mumu Children wey no get sense making noise.. the only cheap thing abroad is food , gadgets, electronics and cars made in that country, u see rent and bills, water ,light , parking, insurance Omo, body go teL u

Which one is cheap in Nigeria. Despite having crude oil, is petrol and diesel cheap in Nigeria
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by oshaosha2014(m): 5:58pm On May 25, 2022
As e don dey comfortable there wetin remain na to dey complain. But he'll never come back home.

ttobizz:
Shut the Bleep up!
If it's that hard, then come home
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Alusiizizi(m): 6:02pm On May 25, 2022
cococandy:
One bedroom for $500?
These nairalanders won’t kill me

You think I'm lying? Ask anyone you know that lives in the U.S. or do some research on google.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by sexymonkey(m): 6:03pm On May 25, 2022
donaldking10:

If you are rich, the best place to spend your money & have rest of mind without thinking of too much taxation to me is still Nigeria.
Apart from the fact you are a into Medicine, Nursing or I.T which pay well abroad, 90% of the time it's actually frustration, unemployment & lack of opportunities in Nigeria that make people try to travel out of the country.
I have a friend who spent more than 2 million Naira trying to aquire a U.S Visa. Few weeks to the day he was supposed to fly to the U.S, he got a job of 500K per month in Umuahia.
Immediately my guy abandoned all the plans he had of traveling out, plus the 2 million he had already spent & Immediately accepted the job.
Now he's doing well, just bought a Car & is already planning on building a house & settling down.
He no longer even thinks of leaving the country again.
The devil you know, is better than the angel you don't know.
A lot of people still went to the U.S & flopped big time.

For those having doubts, he works in C.B.N Umuahia branch, and mind you his salary of 500k is just for starters.
If his promotion comes as expected, he would be earning more than 5 million Naira in a month before retirement.
Then try to imagine how many million Naira his gratuity would be together with his pensions after retirement.
That is what is called job security & earning money without stress.
For how many years would you keep working as a laborer abroad before you get tired??
Any reasonable person would prefer a good paying job with security & retirement benefits to being a laborer for life.

But if you still prefer to be a laborer abroad who would be cleaning windows for a living for life, then so be it.

And for those talking about security, nowhere on earth is absolutely safe.
Just yesterday an 18-year old gunned down 13 school children at their school in US.
Nigerians who also relocated to Ukraine, where are they now?
With which level of degree did he get the job? I know somebody that entered with Bsc and is getting 200+
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Kwestionair: 6:06pm On May 25, 2022
endy69:

There, it happens once in a while. Nigeria nko? Come to the North or East killing is daily occurrence. Check out the number both the reported and not reported ones. Ukraine we know it is war and most Nigerians were evacuated. Here nko?

You forgot about skull mining for ritual money in the west!!!
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:10pm On May 25, 2022
Realist12:
If them tell you day he easy na set up , it saddens me to see educated Nigerians gathering their resources to travel out of the country only to do menial jobs they can't do in Nigeria.
To those mentioning me , everything isn't about money .
Convert what u earn in Nigeria to dollar and the rest is story.

My brother, no wia easy but abroad na sure bet
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by heendrix(m): 6:12pm On May 25, 2022
donaldking10:

If you are rich, the best place to spend your money & have rest of mind without thinking of too much taxation to me is still Nigeria.
Apart from the fact you are a into Medicine, Nursing or I.T which pay well abroad, 90% of the time it's actually frustration, unemployment & lack of opportunities in Nigeria that make people try to travel out of the country.
I have a friend who spent more than 2 million Naira trying to aquire a U.S Visa. Few weeks to the day he was supposed to fly to the U.S, he got a job of 500K per month in Umuahia.
Immediately my guy abandoned all the plans he had of traveling out, plus the 2 million he had already spent & Immediately accepted the job.
Now he's doing well, just bought a Car & is already planning on building a house & settling down.
He no longer even thinks of leaving the country again.
The devil you know, is better than the angel you don't know.
A lot of people still went to the U.S & flopped big time.

For those having doubts, he works in C.B.N Umuahia branch, and mind you his salary of 500k is just for starters.
If his promotion comes as expected, he would be earning more than 5 million Naira in a month before retirement.
Then try to imagine how many million Naira his gratuity would be together with his pensions after retirement.
That is what is called job security & earning money without stress.
For how many years would you keep working as a laborer abroad before you get tired??
Any reasonable person would prefer a good paying job with security & retirement benefits to being a laborer for life.

But if you still prefer to be a laborer abroad who would be cleaning windows for a living for life, then so be it.

And for those talking about security, nowhere on earth is absolutely safe.
Just yesterday an 18-year old gunned down 13 school children at their school in US.
Nigerians who also relocated to Ukraine, where are they now?

God bless you for this piece bro. but if we tell em are they willing to hear? No

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by heendrix(m): 6:14pm On May 25, 2022
Mcslize:

Which rest of mind are you posting about? Pls edit and delete that statement from that post.

Where are you getting the rest of mind from? In this war torn zone called country?

Even if you are rich, there is no rest of mind in Nigeria for any one. Seems like you are not in this country and ain't aware of all the horrific happenings.

do you even know what a war torned country is?? you dont sound like one who's got a lil amount of intelligence
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by jimmynauty: 6:19pm On May 25, 2022
Me my laptop and His Grace unstoppable
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by missymide: 6:29pm On May 25, 2022
It really is not easy there but you at least get paid well compared to what we have here
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Flappy222: 6:33pm On May 25, 2022
You go like come Nigeria con dey digger suckaway?!

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by cococandy(f): 6:34pm On May 25, 2022
Alusiizizi:

You think I'm lying? Ask anyone you know that lives in the U.S. or do some research on google.

show me the area so I can move there. I’m renting one of my houses for $2,200 a month and it was picked off the market the day I listed it because it’s the fairest and cheapest rental price in that area. You can’t even touch a studio for less than $900/$1000 a month in rural areas much less a one bedroom. What are you on about?

You should be doing the research you’re asking me to do
https://www.rent.com/research/national-apartment-rent-price-analysis/

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by TenQ: 6:36pm On May 25, 2022
Realist12:
If them tell you day he easy na set up , it saddens me to see educated Nigerians gathering their resources to travel out of the country only to do menial jobs they can't do in Nigeria.
To those mentioning me , everything isn't about money .
A Nigerian graduate will do bus conductor work plying Berger-Oshodi if he can be paid just N500,000 per month!

Most Nigerian graduates are earning less than #120,000 per month . The average is about 50-N60k.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by juman(m): 6:37pm On May 25, 2022
MyAmericandream:

These jobs are good for retirees, not for some smart and young guys in their 30’s or 40’’s. To drive regularly ain’t that easy bro.

You are joking.

Don't be one of those lazy "youths".
No job is easy.
Making money is difficult task.

2 Likes

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Wills083: 6:45pm On May 25, 2022
Stallionhorse:
Its not easy in Nigeria too.. Abi you prefer cleaning window in Nigeria? Abeg park well..

No mind these l1ttle mind€d people, he should come home and quit suffering in Yankee
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by HRprof: 6:46pm On May 25, 2022
Those people shouting he should come home should also know that the shame of coming home after boosting you have finally Japa abroad is what is keeping some Nigerians abroad like the skyscraper window cleaner.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Banbanna(m): 6:48pm On May 25, 2022
To5man:
Shut up, no be parachute dey your back so. If the rope cut. Na cruise you go cruise with the parachute

Most pple fit do dat job even me wey dey fear height. My fear go just vanish seeing those safety apparatuses. That's one good thing about oyinbo pple, dey don't always joke with pple's working conditions.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by kabukabu50(m): 6:58pm On May 25, 2022
MyAmericandream:

It mostly Latinos that do this kind of Job. Na long-throat dey do am. Do you know how much they pay per hour?

Rubbish.

Skyscraper window cleaners in the US start out at over $36k a year to up to $70k a year.

Let's say he is at $50k average.

If you live in Florida there is no income tax.

But let's say 10% tax.

He is bringing home about $3500 a month.

No degree,no school experience,nothing from day one.

$1000 rent

Electric,insurance,food,miscellaneous items just about $1500 probably less but let's just say.

He still saves $1000 a month.

In a year he can buy a van and start his own business pressure washing buildings and getting private contracts.

With no degree.

Nigeria has good jobs for only about 5% of the population...the rest are trash.

The US has opportunity for graduates AND non graduates.

Not the same at all...you cant compare
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by onojaford(m): 7:16pm On May 25, 2022
pansophist:
What people don't realize is that there is no such thing as a career, or I will put it this way, the people that have a fulfilling career are very tiny. If the job pays you do let you to live a respectable life, then that is the ideal. The idea that you must be in a suit with a tie in an office is nonsense. Arrant nonsense.

Human civilizations are not built on suits and ties but on hard grinding work. From the peasants building and maintaining railways to long-haul interstate drivers even accross countries, to the sewage workers, the farmers, traffic guys, and so forth. These are the people that powers society, the majority in the background, not the tiny veneer of men in suits that are sprinkled on top. These ordinary men and women are the heros of society but sadly, these are the people we don't want to be like.

In other words, we live in a cappuccino society, where beneath is an untold amount of ordinary men and women keeping the system from crumbling, but with a sprinkle of tiny men on suits on top. Lots of people depressed themselves for nothing because they have filtered their vision not to see the majority that powers society, to see only the tiny ones.

And here comes the most important one, which is contentment. Contentment doesn't mean settling for less, or not aspiring to be more, but it's about being okay with what you have while working to improve it. Probably Nigeria hasn't reached the peak of educated masses, but in all developed countries where most of the populations are educated up to 99% (eg Canada, US, UK), the majority of the workforce are not happy with their jobs, and even Ph.D. holders do taxi jobs.

This is sad to say, but personally, I see how many of my ex-classmates torture themselves just because they think life after school should be nirvana. Some postpone the pain by taking more courses, embarking on more degrees, and so forth, but shifting the goal post doesn't mean the post isn't there, it's still waiting albeit, a bit farther. Perhaps if they could just see that the world is not powered by men in suits, but by men on rags, it shall be well with them.

In the beginning I thought you were not making sense, but I read on and I found out I had been wrong.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Banbanna(m): 7:24pm On May 25, 2022
magzey:
A food for thought to those who call their country A zoo. Still they live in the zoo I don't know which animal name they give themselves grin

You Know those who r fond of doing this na. Those pple and their imaginary, utopia Biafra contree wink Calling where you live zoo doesn't just make sense. I guess they're labelling Naija that way, because it's a place where things doesn't seem to work & govt care less about the pple, and it's all man for himself. Hence its like a jungle or animal kingdom.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Banbanna(m): 7:38pm On May 25, 2022
nedekid:
Funny man, naija men go do that work for free sef just to de Yankee.
Me weh pay painter to paint 5 floor building. I expect the guy to bring scaffolding to take do the work.
Omo, I shock when I drove pass and saw the fellows using ladder. One person de for ground hold Ladder, the other carry paint and brush climb. No safety gear at all. (meanwhile I pay for scaffolding ohh).

This one funny o cheesy. Fear Naija man when it comes to an opportunity for an extra pay. They wouldn't mind risking it all. Menh, what if it'd gone wrong, fingers would have been pointing your way already.

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Contekbbc: 8:15pm On May 25, 2022
God bless you for this expensive gift.
Bookmarked!

pansophist:
What people don't realize is that there is no such thing as a career, or I will put it this way, the people that have a fulfilling career are very tiny. If the job pays you do let you to live a respectable life, then that is the ideal. The idea that you must be in a suit with a tie in an office is nonsense. Arrant nonsense.

Human civilizations are not built on suits and ties but on hard grinding work. From the peasants building and maintaining railways to long-haul interstate drivers even accross countries, to the sewage workers, the farmers, traffic guys, and so forth. These are the people that powers society, the majority in the background, not the tiny veneer of men in suits that are sprinkled on top. These ordinary men and women are the heros of society but sadly, these are the people we don't want to be like.

In other words, we live in a cappuccino society, where beneath is an untold amount of ordinary men and women keeping the system from crumbling, but with a sprinkle of tiny men on suits on top. Lots of people depressed themselves for nothing because they have filtered their vision not to see the majority that powers society, to see only the tiny ones.

And here comes the most important one, which is contentment. Contentment doesn't mean settling for less, or not aspiring to be more, but it's about being okay with what you have while working to improve it. Probably Nigeria hasn't reached the peak of educated masses, but in all developed countries where most of the populations are educated up to 99% (eg Canada, US, UK), the majority of the workforce are not happy with their jobs, and even Ph.D. holders do taxi jobs.

This is sad to say, but personally, I see how many of my ex-classmates torture themselves just because they think life after school should be nirvana. Some postpone the pain by taking more courses, embarking on more degrees, and so forth, but shifting the goal post doesn't mean the post isn't there, it's still waiting albeit, a bit farther. Perhaps if they could just see that the world is not powered by men in suits, but by men on rags, it shall be well with them.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by toluwalopsy(f): 8:55pm On May 25, 2022
tunapawizzy:

U mean people working off d records, Well they may escape some bills but they won't access to some very cool things...I get your point it may look that way when we look at those with not-too-good paying jobs...but ofcourse a smart n hardworking person will always make much more even with the tax...as a documented person, U can actually use your access to credit to make so much.

I mean those doing artisan jobs like plumbing, cleaning, child care, hair barbing and dressing etc. that gets paid in cash tend to make money than those of us doing suit and tie job. There was a time I enrolled my kids in a daycare here and we pay as much as $1,500 to the care giver. I'm sure she's remitting nothing to the govt. And she has 7 kids she tends to

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Busty And Sexy Ghanaian Police Lady Shares Lovely Pictures / Keke Driver Returned N1.1M To Owner, Rewarded With N200 For Recharge Card / Two Nigerian Sisters Who Are Pilots (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.