Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,264 members, 7,815,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

"Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video (67926 Views)

Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner / Lady Cleans Makeup Off The Faces Of Ladies Who Offered Her N1.5k After Service / An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Originalsly: 2:55pm On May 25, 2022
GoodFaith:

The Banking industry in the US regarding pay is very tricky
So when you start looking at position and pay be very careful
An IT supervisor or Accounting supervisor likely over $130K
There are bank job you look at the title will say VP, supervisor, Branch Manager the pay might be less than $60K
Other staffs like in IT, Audit, Accounting the lowest pay in that department will be $60k

No doubt. But at the same time a mechanic or ehmmm.... panel beater can be making same or even more. This was more about the White Collar mentality soooo many of us have.... the only way to "succeses".
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by madjune(m): 2:56pm On May 25, 2022
Every Nigerian youth wants to live abroad and earn good.

I don't see half of them talking good about the best candidate to vote into power who will turn the country around for them and their future.

Nigeria is a good fertile ground for any growth once its institutions are working.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by baretalk: 2:57pm On May 25, 2022
eddybeat12:
. Bros a country with comfort and everything put in place is far better than the shit hole he’ll fire call 9ja. Wait u still compare foreign life and here. We don’t value life’s here
Dangote is living in a shit hole, so is Davido, otedola etc. It is better to live in a shit hole than pack white grandma shit in America grin

That shit is trauma.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by AsawanaDgreat: 2:57pm On May 25, 2022
If you dey naija now, you go know say abroad beta pass

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by GoodFaith: 2:59pm On May 25, 2022
abbey621:

No

If you are not a contractor, $165K US dollar is a great pay
If you live in the South better than making than money in New York Maryland (beltway ) or California
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Spandau: 2:59pm On May 25, 2022
Anitaarthur:
A US-based Nigerian man who works as a window cleaner has shared a hustling video of himself while advising his colleagues in Nigeria not to be deceived by what social media presents to them all day about foreign countries.

The video the man shared on social media shows the moment he was in the sky cleaning the windows of a skyscraper with his colleague African brothers.

They are seen hanging on a lever on the building moving up and down horizontally.

https://allgistroom.com/abroad-life-man-skyscraper-windows/

This mofo is probably getting paid at least $25 dollars per hour. It's not an easy job but he gets paid well for it. Why he no come home náà?
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 25, 2022
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by ZooOga: 3:01pm On May 25, 2022
Hopefully he stays safe until he can find his calling.

https://www.comparably.com/salaries/salaries-for-high-rise-window-washer

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by t2luv1: 3:01pm On May 25, 2022
Originalsly:

Union job? Good pay... job security. Non union... not much rights... no standard pay......they fire you if and when they want .

Exactly That is why you have a lot of right to work states are in the South. Southern states' population are on average 30% black so those politicians enacted right-to-work rules making most of their jobs non-union. It was a based on racial ca-notation .

2 Likes

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by GoodFaith: 3:02pm On May 25, 2022
Originalsly:

No doubt. But at the same time a mechanic or ehmmm.... panel beater can be making same or even more. This was more about the White Collar mentality soooo many of us have.... the only way to "succeses".

If you have a trade skill you can make lot of money if you willing to work
I just drop $2,400.00 for a plumber to deep and change a main pipe to the sewerage
IF you have the tool or rent the tool for less than $560.00 for the day
You do two of that job a day $4,600.00
I am really thinking in 8 years time
I might want to do painting and plumbing job for fun

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by tunapawizzy: 3:02pm On May 25, 2022
Realist12:
If them tell you day he easy na set up , it saddens me to see educated Nigerians gathering their resources to travel out of the country only to do menial jobs they can't do in Nigeria.
Would you rather he stays in Nigeria and do "white collar" and earn say 400k per month and be finding it difficult to save 100k a month. For some people they wana earn well save up real quick and start up something of their own real quick, menial jobs abroad will help them actualize that faster than white collar in Nigeria and its not a bad decision.

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Volcano12(f): 3:05pm On May 25, 2022
ttobizz:
Shut the Bleep up!
If it's that hard, then come home
Come home and do what?you want him to go back home and chaff to death,only insecurity and hunger go kill am.Yes it is hard to make money in the US,but when paycheck comes,taxes, bills,rent,social security,Medicare na there e dey come from,but the only good thing be say, employers no dey owe salaries.Maybe this is where the guy is coming from,mehnn, who no go no know.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Chicastle: 3:06pm On May 25, 2022
donaldking10:

If you are rich, the best place to spend your money & have rest of mind without thinking of too much taxation to me is still Nigeria.
Apart from the fact you are a into Medicine, Nursing or I.T which pay well abroad, 90% of the time it's actually frustration, unemployment & lack of opportunities in Nigeria that make people try to travel out of the country.
I have a friend who spent more than 2 million Naira trying to aquire a U.S Visa. Few weeks to the day he was supposed to fly to the U.S, he got a job of 500K per month in Umuahia.
Immediately my guy abandoned all the plans he had of traveling out, plus the 2 million he had already spent & Immediately accepted the job.
Now he's doing well, just bought a Car & is already planning on building a house & settling down.
He no longer even thinks of leaving the country again.
The devil you know, is better than the angel you don't know.
A lot of people still went to the U.S & flopped big time.

500k umuahia? Abi no bi God’s own state be that?

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by edosignature(m): 3:11pm On May 25, 2022
Except there is an exception nothing will make me live Nigeria to go work abroad.

Though my friends, brother & even those who have vowed never to leave have left & they're all planing to come back to established one or two businesses hear in Nigeria.

I'm a Master of Epidemiologist & Disease control (MPH) nothing will make me leave Nigeria to go work in a foreign land except their is an exception.

God help me.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by abbey621(m): 3:12pm On May 25, 2022
UpInTheSky:
I've a friend who does this and he makes about $6700/month. I've just looked up some ads on Indeed rn to get more idea on the pay and saw one that states the salary as "$5,500 - $8,000 a month". The salary may differ across the border but I know they make good money on this side and with all the vacant lands here new buildings are constantly being built.

When we look at salary we must look at averages and job title. Most people don't know the difference between high rise cleaners and rope access technicians. Most people don't know the difference between rope access cleaners and technicians who work on more complex jobs like fiber or oil rig installations. Here's a link to the cleaner salary:

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/Rope-Access-Window-Cleaning-Salary
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by tunapawizzy: 3:15pm On May 25, 2022
donaldking10:

If you are rich, the best place to spend your money & have rest of mind without thinking of too much taxation to me is still Nigeria.
Apart from the fact you are a into Medicine, Nursing or I.T which pay well abroad, 90% of the time it's actually frustration, unemployment & lack of opportunities in Nigeria that make people try to travel out of the country.
I have a friend who spent more than 2 million Naira trying to aquire a U.S Visa. Few weeks to the day he was supposed to fly to the U.S, he got a job of 500K per month in Umuahia.
Immediately my guy abandoned all the plans he had of traveling out, plus the 2 million he had already spent & Immediately accepted the job.
Now he's doing well, just bought a Car & is already planning on building a house & settling down.
Your guy abandoned his US visa for 500k job in naija(approx $800)...its either u r telling lies or you don't have the full details and just trying to sensationalize the story. If your friend's visa is a tourist visa, then his visa is valid for for 2 years, it's actually a wise decision for him to do the 500k job for like a year ,save as much as he can so he can easily settle in when he gets to the US. If that's the case your friend did not abandon the visa. But if truly your friend abandoned US visa for a 500k job, an amount he will save monthly after all of his living expenses has been paid(even if na menial hustle), then I don't know what to say to your friend

2 Likes

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 25, 2022
baretalk:

Stop talking nonsense, Nigerians are healthier than Americans...how many Nigerians do you see falling sick anyhow, Americans fall sick cos of too much junk food. You can make money in both countries, and some people like living in Nigeria for their own reasons, a lot of people have good lives here. People die in America too, gun violence, obesity, robberies. Some Nigerians making big bucks do drugs, street, yes a few work top white collar job...but a cleaner can not earn more than 35k/40k dollars a year, you pay taxes, pay rent minimum of 6000 dollars a year in America, feed, pay insurance, pay mortgage...you still have to manage. A lot of Nigerians went to school in Nigeria, live here, and are rich. Stop generalizing.
..... and you wrote the emboldened?
Do u have to insult someone to make a point?
Just asking bcuz this is one of the reasons I left Nigeria years back.
I was almost hitting #500 monthly, but the daily insults at work were worth #5billion.
And here you are still insulting people for just a mere point!
Most Nigerians that are depressed at workplaces are not necessarily depressed becuz of only salary but because of the INSULTS they are hurled at.
Better wake up and desist.

QUALITY of LIFE to me is supreme.
Any other thing is secondary!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by abbey621(m): 3:16pm On May 25, 2022
GoodFaith:

If you are not a contractor, $165K US dollar is a great pay
If you live in the South better than making than money in New York Maryland (beltway ) or California

It depends on vision, it is a great pay but would never allow me to retire before 50 as a multi-millionaire, trust me I never ever want to suffer again in this life grin grin grin.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by toluwalopsy(f): 3:17pm On May 25, 2022
donaldking10:

That your friend did not do his research well. A salary of 500k p.m is not even up to USD1,000 and here, with good education you can get a job that pays as much as $4,000 p.m. And come to think of it, that salary of 500k has less value because of the high inflation rate. But here you get value for every cent you spend. If you are rich in Nigeria, you are only one sickness away from poverty. So many illnesses that coul've claimed lives in Nigeria are well managed here. See the list is endless
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by tunapawizzy: 3:18pm On May 25, 2022
edosignature:
Except there is an exception nothing will make me live Nigeria to go work abroad.

Though my friends, brother & even those who have vowed never to leave have left & they're all planing to come back to established one or two businesses hear in Nigeria.

I'm a Master of Epidemiologist & Disease control (MPH) nothing will make me leave Nigeria to go work in a foreign land except their is an exception.

God help me.
Do you think those your friends will be in a position to want to set up businesses if they did not travel. Financially will they have the means are they regretting? Just asking
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Spandau: 3:18pm On May 25, 2022
madjune:
Every Nigerian youth wants to live abroad and earn good.

I don't see half of them talking good about the best candidate to vote into power who will turn the country around for them and their future.

Nigeria is a good fertile ground for any growth once its institutions are working.

You can't blame anybody. What choice do they have when it's the same set of wicked and useless people recycling themselves?
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by tunapawizzy: 3:20pm On May 25, 2022
toluwalopsy:

That your friend did not do his research well. A salary of 500k p.m is not even up to USD1,000 and here, with good education you can get a job that pays as much as $4,000 p.m. And come to think of it, that salary of 500k has less value because of the high inflation rate. But here you get value for every cent you spend. If you are rich in Nigeria, you are only one sickness away from poverty. So many illnesses that coul've claimed lives in Nigeria are well managed here. See the list is endless
Without a good education sef,people make more
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by hermesprogidy(m): 3:22pm On May 25, 2022
donaldking10:

500k a month pay? That's nothing na. He should have still travelled out.

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by damzy88: 3:22pm On May 25, 2022
Angelfrost:

How many Nigerians make that amount monthly?!!

How many Nigerians working hard and smart even make half of that a month?!!

How many Nigerians are truly rich according to your definition of rich??! In the same vein, how many Americans, Europeans, etc are RICH according to their nations' economies?!!!

How many of the population of the universe working and hustling are RICH?!! OR will ever be rich no matter how they hustle?!! I'm talking legit wealth!

See ehn... Don't fool yourself or think to fool others!

If you get a good job or vocation paying your basic bills, then you are among the comfortable majority around the world!

It is this misuse of the term RICH or unnecessary pressure on people to look down on their level of success that breeds desperation and criminality.
This!
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by ayandee: 3:23pm On May 25, 2022
I agree with you. What is rest of mind? Rest of mind is when I can drive from Lagos to Bornu state, with several stop overs to see major tourists' attractions, without fear of being intimidated by the police, kidnapped by unknown gunmen or bandits, robbed or killed.
Mcslize:

Which rest of mind are you posting about? Pls edit and delete that statement from that post.

Where are you getting the rest of mind from? In this war torn zone called country?

Even if you are rich, there is no rest of mind in Nigeria for any one. Seems like you are not in this country and ain't aware of all the horrific happenings.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Benrosaria(m): 3:27pm On May 25, 2022
Anitaarthur:
A US-based Nigerian man who works as a window cleaner has shared a hustling video of himself while advising his colleagues in Nigeria not to be deceived by what social media presents to them all day about foreign countries.

The video the man shared on social media shows the moment he was in the sky cleaning the windows of a skyscraper with his colleague African brothers.

They are seen hanging on a lever on the building moving up and down horizontally.

https://allgistroom.com/abroad-life-man-skyscraper-windows/

It will never be easy for him anywhere.

When he was in Nigeria, did he bother sweeping the compound and clearing the gutters without needing money to do

Now you dey another man country dey do the most unprotected job just for $13/hr.

No vex how many white woman who Bleep just to get you your green card? Which you still never get ...lololol
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by toluwalopsy(f): 3:34pm On May 25, 2022
tunapawizzy:

Without a good education sef,people make more

Exactly! From my little observation and study of people's standard of living here, I've discovered that it is those that do menial jobs that gets more money because their billing is non taxable if you're paying them cash.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by SKINDOGGY: 3:37pm On May 25, 2022
Go to abroad with handwork u won't regret it

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Alusiizizi(m): 3:37pm On May 25, 2022
Wayne4uall:

Because it pays more money than good jobs here in Nigeria and you also get maximum value for your money over there

You definitely don't know what you're talking about. An average one bedroom flat in the U.S. is going for around $500 a month not to talk of electricity($80), then we have to eat 3 square meals a day($100 a week or $$400 a month give or take), then transportation(whether by bus or private car, there's no way to beat $100 a month). Of course man does not live by work alone so let's throw in a very stingy $200 a month for a bit of fun. Add all that up and you're looking at about $1,280 rounded up to $1,300 or thereabout. Now let's say the guy is getting paid about $2000 a month which is about the best that such a window cleaner can expect(low skill profession) then we remove tax(about 30% in the U.S.A) the man is then taking home only about $1,400 ~ $1,500 which leaves him with only about $200 in the bank. Assuming perfect conditions(i.e. no parking fines, traffic ticket, theft e.t.c) that would mean that he will have to be doing this for about 10 years or more to hope of saving up to $20,000. You might respond by saying that he could have the opportunity to change "levels" in the future but changing levels often come with a variety of more expenses which will very likely not see his monthly savings grow more than that $200 a month. Trust me, the grass is not greener on the other side.

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by GoodFaith: 3:38pm On May 25, 2022
abbey621:

It depends on vision, it is a great pay but would never allow me to retire before 50 as a multi-millionaire, trust me I never ever want to suffer again in this life grin grin grin.
I just called one dude this Morning his question is what are you scared off?
He was asking because I keep doing stuff
Lot of friends say , I am ok
for me now it's not about being a multi-millionaire
It's about good health, happiness and taking one day at a time
as I move to the next phase of my life and in 8 years time will move to the next phase of do what I time at my time
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by zinaunreal(m): 3:41pm On May 25, 2022
Nobody be fool anymore
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by OvertheTop(m): 3:41pm On May 25, 2022
pansophist:
What people don't realize is that there is no such thing as a career, or I will put it this way, the people that have a fulfilling career are very tiny. If the job pays you do let you to live a respectable life, then that is the ideal. The idea that you must be in a suit with a tie in an office is nonsense. Arrant nonsense.

Human civilizations are not built on suits and ties but on hard grinding work. From the peasants building and maintaining railways to long-haul interstate drivers even accross countries, to the sewage workers, the farmers, traffic guys, and so forth. These are the people that powers society, the majority in the background, not the tiny veneer of men in suits that are sprinkled on top. These ordinary men and women are the heros of society but sadly, these are the people we don't want to be like.

In other words, we live in a cappuccino society, where beneath is an untold amount of ordinary men and women keeping the system from crumbling, but with a sprinkle of tiny men on suits on top. Lots of people depressed themselves nothing because they have filtered their vision to see the majority that powers society who are ordinary, to see only the tiny ones.

And here comes the most important one, which is contentment. Contentment doesn't mean settling for less, or not aspiring to be more, but it's about being okay with what you have while working to improve it. [/b]Probably Nigeria hasn't reached the peak of educated masses, but in all developed countries where most of the populations are educated up to 99% (eg Canada, US, UK), the majority of the workforce are not happy with their jobs, and even Ph.D. holders do taxi jobs.

This is sad to say, but personally, [b]I see how many of my ex-classmates torture themselves just because they think life after school should be nirvana. Some postpone the pain by taking more courses, embarking on more degrees, and so forth, but shifting the goal post doesn't mean the post isn't there, it's still waiting albeit, a bit farther. Perhaps if they could just see that the world is not powered by men in suits, but by men on rags, it shall be well with them.

At the Bolded:

Please Be realistic:

What Drives men to Excellence and bettering their standard of Living is Non-contentment.
You cant be Contented with your present situation AND have a Drive to Improve your Living condition - Impossible!

Have you every heard of the word - DESIRE? You have No Desire when you are in your Comfort Zone! (contented)
You only have to be Grateful for your Progress...while You keep the Drive for your End GOAL alive.

How can You say Self Development after living School is worthless Pain?
Let me tell You - it is a well Know Fact that - if You Have a Desire to improve your Life, you have to Do more....a lot of Self development outside the walls to School( it is a welcome pain -price you have pay to Achieve your Desire for the Top- a better Life/Pay)

With Great Desire Any thing is Achievable....

But if You Embrace your comfort Zone ( Contented) your income will continue to shrink until technology will eventually make you Jobless

Be Grateful for current Achievement but Never be Contented in your comfort Zone... be Adaptable!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Meet Bruno Chigozie Opara, The Hottest & Most Handsome Nigerian Police Officer? / Drama As Scared Nigerian Cadet Refuses To Jump During Military Training. Photos / Keke Driver Returned N1.1M To Owner, Rewarded With N200 For Recharge Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.