Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,122 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? (49576 Views)

Man Caught For Raping 5-Year-Old Girl In Abia, Blames Devil, Rain / I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter / Man Packs Refuse Into His Car, After Been Caught For Illegal Dumping In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by justified007: 10:55am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:
I will be straight and sharp, I don’t need any bad every response, I’ve done it already, and I want to handle it maturely. Just need advice from any one who had handled such issues peacefully that all.

Yesterday I was caught for bypassing, I wasn’t at home, so before I got back they’ve cut down my wire, my neighbor won’t let them take away the meter and wire. Immediately they called and told me, first thing I did was recharge online on the meter right away, hoping I would have a chance, but I got home now I saw they’ve opened the meter, and I’m sure our people they would have taken enough pictures of the tampered meter, some of them can even pix mix I’m for evidence.

Well they dropped a letter for me, on the letter my last recharge was written at the back stating about 8months ago, and a phone at the back.

I don’t know what to do first, any I’ve not make any move yet, but I’ve corrected the bypass meter. suggestions how best to handle it.

Baba , go there office first . Since it's your first time of getting caught you will be made to pay penalty for your action and also charged for the loss revenue. My neighbor paid 83k when he was caught and after that they reconnected his light back.

But also try to desist from actions that's capable of bringing your credibility into dust

2 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by SandyLOVE08(f): 10:56am On May 25, 2022
This have happen to me in the last compound I stayed. We didn't have light for like a month. Before we contributed money and paid the NEPA officials.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Enumerator(m): 10:56am On May 25, 2022
cheesy
OBALOLA55:
AHH! GBESE RE O shocked

OP KINDLY SURRENDER YOURSELF TO THE NEAREST POLICE STATION sad
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by CaptainFM1: 10:57am On May 25, 2022
Be prepared to do the time.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by domido(m): 10:57am On May 25, 2022
Las las Na settlement.
Op, pls let us know how you resolve it. I'm following this topic.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by emmy9500: 10:58am On May 25, 2022
gulfer:
Nigeria no good, Nigeria no good; we all contributed to get it to this state..... What you did is economic sabotage and the penalty is quite stiff if the legal system is to take it's course........ angry angry angry angry angry angry
I hope you get a soft landing because penalty for energy theft is 3-years in jail plus an hefty fine........ Just pray you get favor btw, which disco is this

Boss electricity theft is different sir, he should call and if he opt to do things legally he will pay the pre established fines
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Topmaike007(m): 10:58am On May 25, 2022
I dey bypass nothing wey Dem go use me do,my pumping machine,Ac and a wall socket I use for ironing is direct..my tv,home theater,fridge and lightning with many wall sockets for others things are on meter.. excessive Bill cannot come and kill me las las all of us na thief for this country

2 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by sholikay(m): 10:58am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:
I will be straight and sharp, I don’t need any bad every response, I’ve done it already, and I want to handle it maturely. Just need advice from any one who had handled such issues peacefully that all.

Yesterday I was caught for bypassing, I wasn’t at home, so before I got back they’ve cut down my wire, my neighbor won’t let them take away the meter and wire. Immediately they called and told me, first thing I did was recharge online on the meter right away, hoping I would have a chance, but I got home now I saw they’ve opened the meter, and I’m sure our people they would have taken enough pictures of the tampered meter, some of them can even pix mix I’m for evidence.

Well they dropped a letter for me, on the letter my last recharge was written at the back stating about 8months ago, and a phone at the back.

I don’t know what to do first, any I’ve not make any move yet, but I’ve corrected the bypass meter. suggestions how best to handle it.
this is a big issue..had it been you were around,you would have sorted out those guys that came with like 20 or 30k..but now the matter don reach office and it would have been recorded.... notwithstanding,you have to report at their office,and try find out their head/leader for that zone,where your house is situated...

I have been in this issue at the house where I once lived,and sincerely it wasn't a funny experience...I was caught like twice,and I paid dearly for it with huge money.. because I masterminded the bypass...never will I try such fraud again.....

Nah God wey catch me then,also catch you... because this thing always happens the day you are not around or even thought they would come for inspection...

2 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by dbrave(m): 10:58am On May 25, 2022
It's not advisable that you hurriedly go to their office but call and establish contact with them then you will know what awaits you and how u possibly can negotiate things out. Simplicita

2 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by slimjohn2k5: 10:59am On May 25, 2022
If u HV corrected it, recharge n move on.
Those guys will not come back, is different guy that will come
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Freezby2020: 10:59am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

If you want my candid advise, just running to your village. Because you a thief and might go to jail if PHCN officials catch you
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Thomthom(m): 11:00am On May 25, 2022
my Neighbor disconnected his prepaid meter and and connect directly to poll, when I ask the dude why he did it in other not to incure PHCN wrath he said Na Money e go chop.. me come dey fear for my neighbor The day when NEPA come check all our prepaid meter for house, I see say Na laugh the boys and the NEPA guy dey laugh they laugh.. Then that falz song this is Nigeria came to mind. call that number you will start from there.. But don't do the fear fear type oo reason with them like man talk to man, man understand.. budget 100k for everything..
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Olumaeme: 11:00am On May 25, 2022
You didnt tell us when you wanted to engage in criminality.

Go to their office and be ready to pay heavily.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by SmartPolician: 11:00am On May 25, 2022
@Xwizard

Na small shit. Nigeria don scatter.

Get a beautiful lady to call the guy who dropped his number. She should tell the guy you two are siblings and beg on your behalf. Whatever he says, she should keep begging. Tell him you moved into the apartment and met the meter the way it is.

If he suggests it, don't you ever visit their office. Tell the guy who dropped his number to meet you at an eatery where the three of you can discuss it over lunch. He will come out; everyone wants to game the system. It's a useless country.

At the eatery, no blow grammar....beg him with that lady. Make sure she's fine. Such guys become extremely useless when they see a pretty lady. He will tell you how much you should pay afterwards and clear you to go and reconnect it yourself. However, make sure you correct it later and do the right thing.

This works and I am telling you from experience.

Good luck.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Gkay1(m): 11:02am On May 25, 2022
Go prison na
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Seredebe: 11:02am On May 25, 2022
ravensckar:
Bros, don't make that mistake of going to their office, e go be for you. There's a reason why they put that number there, so that you can call and reason with them like men. Perhaps they haven't even reported the case to their Oga with the expectation that you'll settle then and they will close their mouth.

A similar thing happened to me last year. I moved into a new apartment with a tampered meter. Since I didn't want to be a good Nigerian, meself join in the jamboree. Six months down the line, the matter cast and Baba Dem show face. The first thing that impressed them was that I didn't argue nor spoke any fanciful English word. Neither did I panicked as well. That level of confidence was heavenly. Las las, I roger them 40K and they looked the other way while I rectified it. Sometimes we just have to man up and face our issues without being unnecessarily afraid.

Sha don't claim right and don't be afraid. Na settlement dem go chop. cheesy cheesy cheesy

You think say you dey wise. You paid 40k as bribe. With 40k, you will enjoy electricity for at least 18 months if you have prepaid meter

2 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by bamosagie(m): 11:03am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

Yes pen

Call the number and talk to them, don't be afraid. They will come and reconnect you themselves with a warning.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by babz11(m): 11:03am On May 25, 2022
You will pay 110 for by passing not negotiable
Then you will pay Extra 60k because they will assume you have been using it for the past 6 months the 60k is negotiable
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Perocom(m): 11:04am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

The number written at the back is for a purpose ... for negotiation. Just call them and hear them out. In my area, its a common thing and you simply pay 10k and they will let you off the hook.

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Seredebe: 11:05am On May 25, 2022
sweetyme001:
No go alone ooo. Go with a lawyer, tell them you just moved into the apartment yesterday.

You think you are talking to primary 2 pupils.

A thief will always say "this is my first time" the day he is caught on duty
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by embee3(m): 11:05am On May 25, 2022
You should definitely be in jail bro.
It is people like you that keep beating the system that is not even working.
We pray for a better country, and yet no one is ready or willing to put in the work.

Call the number on the back of the letter and follow it up from there.

Trust me, you should face whatever is thrown at you because you totally deserve it.

Good luck!!!
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by ZIAZI(m): 11:05am On May 25, 2022
Uniquetani1:
Na money go settle everything las las
Find any hungry NEPA official for advice around you

This statement off me. grin grin grin grin
Really funny but true suggestion.

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Nobody: 11:05am On May 25, 2022
lol
Candidlady:
Men are thieves

ihope they lock your black ugly broke asz up

Tueh god forbid

Y'all are rapist
Y'all are thieves
Y'all are ritualists
Y'all are drug barons
y'all are womanisers

Anything bad na default for this una gender
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by jimade: 11:06am On May 25, 2022
If you admit your theft sincerely you will be handled maturely. You will pay N51,500 for theft and 6months bill will be charged to your account.

Xwizard:

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by kingobozy: 11:06am On May 25, 2022
Have been in this situation before.
I used to Bypassed my meter every night remove it in the morning and forgot one morning that's how PHCN people came and busted me.
The guy took pictures and started racking.

I allowed him rack and vibrate and he left.
After like 2 hours I tracked them down in another street and we talked like gentlemen.
Told them a welder came to fix my gate and he bypassed to use his machine and we forgot to remove it.
They knew it was lamba but no body argued.
The guy reeled out the punishment and consequences for bypassing.
Last last we came to an agreement after and I gave them cash after many beg beg.

Just to there, be cool, accept guilt and plead your case. Na naija we dey, reason with them but be ready to shell out cash. Lots of it.

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Nobody: 11:06am On May 25, 2022
Sweetplum:
Go n get N200K for settlement.
Pray you don't get prosecuted cos this APC govt love sampling scapegoats.
can i help him cos am ikedc staff
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Ernchibyke(m): 11:06am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

I no mind self

You no mind.
Why didn't you pay initially, than bypass...

Well las las na plenty money you go pay.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by stamapro(m): 11:06am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

This is a very serious offense, the RPU Department of AEDC will handle it, you will be back billed, the amount depends on the meter phase, either single or three phase meter, I believe you have being disconnected. You can't settle them now, because you have been booked. Energy theft is a serious offense. You will spend more than you bargained, so it would have been better you did not bypass in the first place. Call the number, it may be the meter engineer's or the head of RPU Dept. All the best, Don't complicate it, by trying to be smart, there are pictures evidence.

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by chukwuibuipob: 11:07am On May 25, 2022
Don’t call the number dey gave u.Dem go ruin u beyond repair.Waka go to their office.U’ll see a co thief/criminals like u,plead with dem(not free sha)
Xwizard:

I should call the number at the back ?
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by obiekunie01: 11:08am On May 25, 2022
sandland:

If it Abuja, total cost is about 300k

mine is kubwa they considered me for 30k. It all depends on approach.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by GloriousGbola: 11:08am On May 25, 2022
It depends

Meter bypass, if I recall is now a criminal offence

At the minimum, you will be expected to pay fine, reconnection fee, estimated stolen energy charges

However there is a possibility that this is not official but a shakedown from a local crew. Those may just want settlement.

If there is a number on the letter call them.
If not go to the office and take your L

Lightorder:
Sir , it is always very serious if the team that bursted it is a special high profile team from Alausa , if you are in Lagos. However, if they left a contact, it means that it is going nowhere. Just settlement. Don’t waste anytime, go to their office and codedly demand to see a least one of those who came. Don’t make noise about it, don’t go to ask from the front desk. Just ask from the corner. It could be settled. Just follow the matter as if you have issues with the police

This here.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by hosemujica: 11:08am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

Untop weytin
Its actually a criminal offence if things are done right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Inside Oyo Islamic Torture House Where Children Are Caged / Armed Robbers Blow Up Bullion Van Loaded With Cash In Johannesburg (Pics, Video / Man Caught Smuggling Rice In A Car Bumper In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.