Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? (32261 Views)

I've Never Seen A Girl As Dirty As My Cousin Sister / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Elsueno: 6:33am On May 28, 2022
MrOjay1, personally, I rather starved to death than grovel before dis kind of people, Assuming he is older than u & asked respectively, then no qualms, u can help am...But despite being younger, he treats u like shyt & still wants u to leak his arrogant as# grin . There is even something seriously wrong with u if u are even thinking about crawling back to ur master Mr slave.... Yes, slave, they are d only ones who take such abuse & still apologize

2 Likes

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by horlarsaac(m): 7:05am On May 28, 2022
cavreek:
If this is the note u guys started off, pls think well ooo because some tins are really not worth it even though they maybe of benefit to u but take ur integrity serious
Life no be competition. U bcom millionaire at 19, I bcom millionaire at 39 still on still we two na millionaire
Do ur best leave the rest for baba God, everywhere go soft

Boss Forget these one wey you dey yan here life hard pass Hollywood
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Oyiboman69: 7:06am On May 28, 2022
Edyice:
Although 3 days won't be enough to know some people's businesses but correct cousin will not stress you . The dude is not legit ...

why cant he state his his cousin's line of busines?...it is obvious hes a yahoo boy,dats how dey treat subjects,

2 Likes

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by MtDave55: 7:08am On May 28, 2022
MrOjay1:
My younger cousin is what you will regard as a typical big boy.He drives a good car and is living large.

We haven't been in contact for a long while so I decided to get his number and call him to catch up on old times. I really wanted him to put me through his line of work so I could solve my personal issues. He invited me over to his place and I stayed there for 3 days.

Omo after the first day there,he gave me his clothes to help him wash and instructed me to clean his flat.Hmmm I did it o

He came back with his woman and didn't even mutter as much as a thank you.

He even told her I was one of those his family members 'wey no get levels'.He said it in a very spiteful and disregarding manner.This na person I senior o and he do visit us then when he was little.

I was a little pissed at that descrption and he noticed it.there are other humiliating stuff that happened that day but I don't really have strength for typing.He was just using me to shine in front of the girl.

Before I left,he told me I will need to humble myself before him unless nothing for me.

I'm thinking of going back there to apologise to him for being pissed at him.

How do you guys see it?

I really need his percuniary support to solve my personal issues.

What are you thinking, someone younger than you deriving joy by humiliating you for no reason and you think he would keep to his word of helping you?
He won't because he knows if he does you won't be there again to for him to keep doing what he derive joy in doing to you.

Your destiny is not tied to a man, you must not be humiliated and object of mockery before you can make it.

Anyway the decision is solely yours to make if you know he will eventually help you and you're willing to tolerate his attitude towards you go back apologize as that won't be too big a prize to actualize your dream. But I doubt though

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by MoneyTrees(m): 7:15am On May 28, 2022
MrOjay1:
My younger cousin is what you will regard as a typical big boy.He drives a good car and is living large.

We haven't been in contact for a long while so I decided to get his number and call him to catch up on old times. I really wanted him to put me through his line of work so I could solve my personal issues. He invited me over to his place and I stayed there for 3 days.

Omo after the first day there,he gave me his clothes to help him wash and instructed me to clean his flat.Hmmm I did it o

He even told her I was one of those his family members 'wey no get levels'.He said it in a very spiteful and disregarding manner.This na person I senior o and he do visit us then when he was little.

I was a little pissed at that descrption and he noticed it.there are other humiliating stuff that happened that day but I don't really have strength for typing.He was just using me to shine in front of the girl.

Before I left,he told me I will need to humble myself before him unless nothing for me.

How do you guys see it?

My broda if na work u wan learn
No wam, omo humble yaslf, there's no joy in da trenches; just ignore whatever effect that has on you but be respectful & give a lil gap in your relationship while learning hard&fast.
But if na another thing, I no too get any opinion grin
However whatever maybe the case, I recommend regular quiet intake of Loud to clear the brain cells wink
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Lepon02: 7:38am On May 28, 2022
pegix:
u wan advise person go still abuse am.on top
Why advise then?
Abeg joor

Ok. undecided
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by SarkinYarki: 7:40am On May 28, 2022
Blupen:
hmmmmmm I have a lot to tell you but I don't know if you will believe me....

I will ..drop it

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Blue86(m): 7:42am On May 28, 2022
Don't go back. Cry to God. Jesus uplifts downtrodden people. He is a proud a man, your cousin is .
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Clinghton: 7:47am On May 28, 2022
Before you humble yourself know his source of income, if it's legit humble yourself if not distance yourself.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by excell0001: 7:56am On May 28, 2022
my dear them go stain your white if you can endure stay. if there is another way better get out of there
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Hussein035: 8:12am On May 28, 2022
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

I pray he did not use you do yahoo rituals, people in legit business don't behave like that, his behaviors is an attribute of yahoo plus plus guys. I will advise you respect your spiritual life and move on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by MyExpression(m): 8:18am On May 28, 2022
Blupen:
I want this guy to deeply ask himself what he wants to be in life, like really talk to himself and after that he should believe that he has already received what he asked by faith and start acting as if he has received it
Without listening to anyone but himself and he should also be happy and feel happy, by the law of attraction he must have them at hand,
We are magnets we attract things
You just have to feel good to receive good

Feel good to receive good....I like the sound of that, except that you're referencing the unproven laws of attraction...buh it sounds good tho
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Nobody: 8:20am On May 28, 2022
Blaksheep01:

Don’t even waste time to call him and apologize to him and let him know how serious u are to make ur life better.

U are coming to ask us here as if anyone here has taken u under his or her wing talk less of even giving you the only condition needed to make ur life better.

Please don’t be a fool. Go to ur younger cousin and serve him. It doesn’t mean a shit. I too served my immediate younger bro. He wasn’t even living large. He was a DJ. And I served him well.

Not try to insult u. But I guess u are in ur early or mid 20s. Don’t worry in the next few years u will that all this age stuff doesn’t mean a thing. Cheers.

On a serious not. Ur cousin bro loves u.
It's not just him being able to accept serving or wtv bs u call it. With all the humiliation and all u say he loves him ad should go back? Omor u must have slavery in ur blood. In today's world where u can teach urself absolutely anything with self determination and focus? He should be a slave for something that probably wouldn't last up to a decade? Life is a journey u learn as u go and not everything is meant to be accepted but let every experience build u. I think he has learned what he needs from his cousin. He should move on ahead and diligently seek what he needs. Not tying himself to someone
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Olisehinnocent: 8:48am On May 28, 2022
MrOjay1:

I expected him to treat me with some decency bro.I'm his cousin bro and we were kinda close when we were kids.He occasionally visited us with his mom.

I have been in similar position bro. I will advise you base on experience. Hustle your way out. Such people cannot help you at the end. They are pure definition of evil people.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Figger(m): 8:57am On May 28, 2022
I know the feeling, I will advice u to free that ur stupid cousin, your destiny is not tied to him, what insolence. He's gonna continue to use u to catch cruise and in the end, he may not carry u along, it has happened to many people and for the fact that he's ur cousin is not a guarantee he will help u. Person like me, I would rather lick the asss of an outsider than sell myself cheaply to a junior relative with such a despicable character. Avoid see finish.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Collysmith: 9:26am On May 28, 2022
LISTEN HE WILL NOT HELP YOU
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Bolsman(m): 9:35am On May 28, 2022
The see finish was too much. Hence, use it as catalyst to ginger urself to go hustle else where. You will rise too.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by SPAMBOX7: 10:14am On May 28, 2022
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

Tell us how you treated this your cousin in the past that caused him to now treat you worse than a slave. Cos this your story is only focused on the present and you seem to wanna appear as the innocent one where as they might be some reasons why he treated you so
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Bouncin(m): 11:14am On May 28, 2022
If you truly love his line of work and you are sure he will actually put you through, then just swallow the pride, humble yourself and get what you want.

Your focused should be the exact thing you want. Focus on this and it will help you ignore his arrogance.

But if there's that doubt he might not put you through, then leave his a$s and forge ahead. One day you will be successful on your own.

What people don't know is that table turns.
No matter your position, do not berate others.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by HRMK: 11:27am On May 28, 2022
A BEGGAR HAS NO CHOICE?BUT DO U REALLY THINK YOU ARE A BEGGAR?YOU CONSIDER BN IN THE SHOES OF A BEGGAR?THEIN LIES YOUR DECISION!GOODLUCK!!
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by haggai247: 11:43am On May 28, 2022
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

If na yahoo e wan teach you better move unless you go grace front page of nairaland. Because the guy fit use you topup

But if it's a GEY-NEW business my brother wash him cloth well no concern yourself with money till you know the in and out of the business.

Stoup to conquer

$0.0000/2
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by NaBanga: 11:52am On May 28, 2022
This is how people are killed. You better stay away from that your cousin. You might accidentally bludgeon him with iron, while preparing his clothes. undecided
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by DrDunamis(m): 12:29pm On May 28, 2022
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

Your spelling of pecuniary no correct sha, but words make or mar depending on how you deal with them.
If you require assistance then there's no need in making mention of age or anything that you might hold superior to him.
The act of asking you to do menial tasks might be termed an insult by some depending on the manner in which the demand was made, but in all I think you should just do with needs to be done rightly to get the necessary help you require without putting yourself in position of ridicule.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by bukatyne(f): 1:34pm On May 28, 2022
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

If you have any iota of self-respect, you will move on to the next way to solve your 'personal issues'.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by bukatyne(f): 1:35pm On May 28, 2022
Nonexisting:
He is not into legit deals so I suggest you free him. No legit hustler will humiliate you in that manner. He is suffering in the inside and envies you that know nothing about what he passes through. Look for a legit hustle bro and be your own man.

Gbam!
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Fantazy(m): 2:21pm On May 28, 2022
It's not easy to humble oneself to a younger family member.
It would have been easy a bit if you guys are not related at all.
But sometimes one needs to play the role of a fool to get what he/she wants.
Call him, tell him you are sorry, but he should please reduce the intensity of embarrassment he causes u to go through.
Go back there, get what you want and moove!
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by VirileNelly2420: 2:41pm On May 28, 2022
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

My brother, provided he will put u through, and also, provided u can endure, just hang on.

I know I know it's difficult! ...but not impossible.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Blupen(m): 3:31pm On May 28, 2022
MyExpression:

Feel good to receive good....I like the sound of that, except that you're referencing the unproven laws of attraction...buh it sounds good tho
unproven laws??
Lolzz bro, then you still don't know who you really are
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Blupen(m): 3:33pm On May 28, 2022
SarkinYarki:

I will ..drop it
already did
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by davades(m): 3:38pm On May 28, 2022
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

Sorry what state are you from ?
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Lordhades21(m): 3:38pm On May 28, 2022
You don't need to treat people bad before u help them, trusts me most people who do this have nothing to offer you. Someone who wants to see you eat and grow would not treat you less when you haven't done anything wrong to him or her.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Davidberk4(m): 3:53pm On May 28, 2022
Just humble yourself and get what you want then bullshit him

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. / 10-year-old Gives Birth To Baby Boy / Wife Drags Husband To Court For Calling Her ”prostitute”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.