Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? (32246 Views)

I've Never Seen A Girl As Dirty As My Cousin Sister / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by phemmyfour: 8:54pm On May 27, 2022
MrOjay1:
My younger cousin is what you will regard as a typical big boy.He drives a good car and is living large.

We haven't been in contact for a long while so I decided to get his number and call him to catch up on old times. I really wanted him to put me through his line of work so I could solve my personal issues. He invited me over to his place and I stayed there for 3 days.

Omo after the first day there,he gave me his clothes to help him wash and instructed me to clean his flat.Hmmm I did it o

He came back with his woman and didn't even mutter as much as a thank you.

He even told her I was one of those his family members 'wey no get levels'.He said it in a very spiteful and disregarding manner.This na person I senior o and he do visit us then when he was little.

I was a little pissed at that descrption and he noticed it.there are other humiliating stuff that happened that day but I don't really have strength for typing.He was just using me to shine in front of the girl.

Before I left,he told me I will need to humble myself before him unless nothing for me.

I'm thinking of going back there to apologise to him for being pissed at him.

How do you guys see it?

I really need his percuniary support to solve my personal issues.
Don't go back, he's arrogant. Why will you apologize for nothing cos you want to beg for bread.

He's not sent to you, don't be desperate....your helper will soon locate you and he won't attach irrational conditions for wanting to help you.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Archworld(m): 8:54pm On May 27, 2022
MrOjay1:

I expected him to treat me with some decency bro.I'm his cousin bro and we were kinda close when we were kids.He occasionally visited us with his mom.

Men do not make men . It took me years to realize this that God is truly the maker of men.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Karleb(m): 8:57pm On May 27, 2022
Ten06:
It seems you have a servitude spirit. How dare you wash clothes for your junior?
Someone that you may be richer than tomorrow.

Leave him and go and hustle. Why reason like one who has no potentials?
Did you go to school?

I swear down. If not washing my younger ones clothes is pride, then I am proud.

I'd rather die of hunger than go so low in my life, I'd rather commit suicide.

The guy just needs to find out what he does, there are strangers out there in the street that will teach him without humiliating him.

Tomorrow get Belle, even winch no fit abort am.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by TheGift: 8:58pm On May 27, 2022
This sounds more like, should you enslave yourself to your egotistic Uncle?

Should you expose yourself worth to verbal and mental degradation?

Should you expose your significant other to the embarrassment of your humiliation?

Should you expose yourself to the toxicity of an egotistic and small minded big man that will only succeed in making you a toxic person human being too.

You better run away from that Man, preserve your dignity so you can make something of yourself that does not degrade you and your personhood.

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by cayorday89(m): 8:59pm On May 27, 2022
MrOjay1:

I expected him to treat me with some decency bro.I'm his cousin bro and we were kinda close when we were kids.He occasionally visited us with his mom.
Nothing like humility to get what you want ooo, he will continue using you and disrespect you, imagine him doing that already in the presence of a girl and the words used.. Now imagine what he will tell the girl behind you and when you finally go back to him. Most will help you and insult you while at it but in his case he first want to insult you, embarrass and useless you before helping, how long you don't know, Abeg abort mission before you spend a lifetime doing house boy for the girl and your cousin.

What was the relationship between your parents and his later on, were your parents supposedly richer or much more comfortable than his and they perceived yours were not helping them enough, he might use that to use you in counting scores and it could be anything related to other family issues... In all, it's not worth it for your own good and self esteem...
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 27, 2022
MrOjay1:
My younger cousin is what you will regard as a typical big boy.He drives a good car and is living large.

We haven't been in contact for a long while so I decided to get his number and call him to catch up on old times. I really wanted him to put me through his line of work so I could solve my personal issues. He invited me over to his place and I stayed there for 3 days.

Omo after the first day there,he gave me his clothes to help him wash and instructed me to clean his flat.Hmmm I did it o

He even told her I was one of those his family members 'wey no get levels'.He said it in a very spiteful and disregarding manner.This na person I senior o and he do visit us then when he was little.

I was a little pissed at that descrption and he noticed it.there are other humiliating stuff that happened that day but I don't really have strength for typing.He was just using me to shine in front of the girl.

Before I left,he told me I will need to humble myself before him unless nothing for me.

How do you guys see it?

No matter how person dey hungry reach , he no fit use the wound wey dey him body take do food.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Anonymoususher: 9:02pm On May 27, 2022
You insulted yourself by washing those clothes. He is your junior and no matter how rich he is, he should never give you his clothes to wash.

Get yourself out of that house and go and hustle. People who behave like that are mostly fraudsters that got illegal money.

He will never help you except to take you out and buy u drinks... You will only find yourself with him in his car jumping from one club to another

2 Likes

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 27, 2022
You no get self respect. I will never allow anyone to teat me like that no matter what I stand to gain.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Basiljoe: 9:04pm On May 27, 2022
Have some self respect and look for a legit hustle.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by KaborLee: 9:05pm On May 27, 2022
U read my mind jnig.....OP do you think u cant make it all alone..That your cousin can harm u if he show u the way...No level be that...Hustle and Pray....
quote author=jnig post=113228037]OP, humility alone no go solve this your problem. Just hustle and make money.... [/quote]
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by naturefellow(m): 9:07pm On May 27, 2022
hopeforcharles:

Yes go and humble yourself learn the secrets and move, u should play a fool to get what u want,
when no be secret cult

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Blaksheep01: 9:08pm On May 27, 2022
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

Don’t even waste time to call him and apologize to him and let him know how serious u are to make ur life better.

U are coming to ask us here as if anyone here has taken u under his or her wing talk less of even giving you the only condition needed to make ur life better.

Please don’t be a fool. Go to ur younger cousin and serve him. It doesn’t mean a shit. I too served my immediate younger bro. He wasn’t even living large. He was a DJ. And I served him well.

Not try to insult u. But I guess u are in ur early or mid 20s. Don’t worry in the next few years u will that all this age stuff doesn’t mean a thing. Cheers.

On a serious not. Ur cousin bro loves u.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Nekky5(f): 9:08pm On May 27, 2022
If he wants to help you and if truly he values family relationship since you guys are cousins, he wouldn't treat you the way he did. I feel there is a deep seated anger he is indirectly throwing at you and his type would announce to the whole world he picked you from the gutters and made you who you are. Be wise with him simple!

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Parisian: 9:08pm On May 27, 2022
If na woman shey you people will call women gold diggers that can take everything for money.

Now see as your junior dey use you shine.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Karleb(m): 9:08pm On May 27, 2022
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by RichProminent(m): 9:10pm On May 27, 2022
The guy nor legit.na yahoo but if its not yahoo plz be humble check wat sort of work ur cousin is doing
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Karleb(m): 9:11pm On May 27, 2022
Focusmind:
Oga, if serving him would enable you get what you want to progress, please serve him with all humility and respect. Dont mind what people are saying. I had one guy then with Trans ocean oil and gas then, 26 years of age and had one of his distance relatives of his that was about 31 years, living with him and learning Oracle at IIT, Ikeja. His senior cousin literally worshiped him and respected him, washed his car and went on errands for him. The Trans-ocean guy paid for that his cousin's one year masters in Computer science at the University of Birmingham, UK because of his dedication and seriousness with his IT study. The cousin later moved to Canada and completed his PhD in Immersive technology. He is doing very well now, more than the Trans ocean guy that helped him, whose company later left Nigeria and he started struggling somehow.

Seriously, this kind of testimony puts me off.

What will a 26 yr old gain by sending his elder on errand? What joy does he derives from asking his elder to wash his car?

Some people are so messed up. Honestly!

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Tradegood: 9:11pm On May 27, 2022
Astoria:
Go back where? ? ?
Lol, na so me sef shock.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Fooddyy: 9:12pm On May 27, 2022
What if he's testing u
hopeforcharles:

Yes go and humble yourself learn the secrets and move, u should play a fool to get what u want,

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 27, 2022
Go back guy, humble yourself for 1 week. If he no change towards you, na to thief him money discharge. That na if he no first use you take do rituals
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by SKINDOGGY: 9:14pm On May 27, 2022
U be mumu
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Trojan8(m): 9:15pm On May 27, 2022
Focusmind:
Oga, if serving him would enable you get what you want to progress, please serve him with all humility and respect. Dont mind what people are saying. I had one guy then with Trans ocean oil and gas then, 26 years of age and had one of his distance relatives of his that was about 31 years, living with him and learning Oracle at IIT, Ikeja. His senior cousin literally worshiped him and respected him, washed his car and went on errands for him. The Trans-ocean guy paid for that his cousin's one year masters in Computer science at the University of Birmingham, UK because of his dedication and seriousness with his IT study. The cousin later moved to Canada and completed his PhD in Immersive technology. He is doing very well now, more than the Trans ocean guy that helped him, whose company later left Nigeria and he started struggling somehow.

Read what you typed, and the story the op gave. How does it relate?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Streetmovement(m): 9:15pm On May 27, 2022
Tradegood:

That wan no be humility o. Na humiliation.
Dem no mean the same thing at all shocked

Wotoporiously cool speaking

I believe we on the same page, too much humility or the wrong kinda humility dey bring humiliation.

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Fooddyy: 9:16pm On May 27, 2022
What if he's testing him, because the way he did it seem too tempting and provoking, so he should give him a little more time and watch out
phemmyfour:
Don't go back, he's arrogant. Why will you apologize for nothing cos you want to beg for bread.

He's not sent to you, don't be desperate....your helper will soon locate you and he won't attach irrational conditions for wanting to help you.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by sisisioge: 9:20pm On May 27, 2022
My brother, this isnt about being humble,people like him will not still show you road for fear of leveling up to them . He clearly enjoys enslaving you and surely wont want to get you empowered to the point where he nolonger would be able to enslave you. Please forge ahead, God will bless your hustle. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Prettychild(f): 9:20pm On May 27, 2022
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

Leave this humble yourself matter. It’s good to be humble but when it comes to Junior, Senior issues, everyone should know his/ her place. Look for a legit hustler but not this your cousin humble yourself towards that person and learn whatever business he is into by
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Trojan8(m): 9:23pm On May 27, 2022
Fooddyy:
What if he's testing him, because the way he did it seem too tempting and provoking, so he should give him a little more time and watch out

Testing him for what reason?
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Rexymania(m): 9:25pm On May 27, 2022
Hmmm Money stop nonsense.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by franchasofficia: 9:28pm On May 27, 2022
Nonexisting:
He is not into legit deals so I suggest you free him. No legit hustler will humiliate you in that manner. He is suffering in the inside and envies you that know nothing about what he passes through. Look for a legit hustle bro and be your own man.
op read this over and over again.

Your cousin's attitude is a typical attitude of Yahoo boys, flee from him, Yahoo no de pay like that again unless u go jazzup, are u ready for that nonsense? Most Yahoo guys still hitting it big are all jazzmen, don't envy them, they are the reason for increased ritual cases today

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 27, 2022
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

Better stay in your Lane And never go back to him if you don’t want problems in your life. Person wey go help you go help you , you won’t need to be insulted sef.

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by autodevice(m): 9:29pm On May 27, 2022
Ok
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by mrfizy(m): 9:30pm On May 27, 2022
All men are born for themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. / Different Types Of Adults That Should Be Wished Happy Children’s Day (meme Colle / Nnamdi Ogbogu, Missing Person In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.