Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Are Introverts Born Or Made? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Introverts Born Or Made? (22972 Views)

If You Are To Choose: To Be Born Or Not To Be Born, Which Would You Choose? / Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People / Are Introverts Shy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
Both...

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Microwhy: 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2022
Being an introvert doesn't mean quietness, so ask yourself why you're always quiet.
In the right clique, born introverts are very loud and talks more.
Born introvert extremely love and enjoy being alone in a very quiet environment.
Rather than watching films, they prefer to learn something new, thank to phone and Internet.
They mostly see things differently and prefer not to argue if you don't understand or see what they see.
Their mental and analytical mind is very sound which inturn make them to be more introverted because people only strike a formal discussion/conversation with them because of their sharp analytical mind. Hence, they end-up with serious friends and not extroverts who might influence their behavior atleast alittle.
Large percent and not all though.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by DSC7: 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2022
May God help me as an introvert....

To talk dey hard me most times..... embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Kamsi04: 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2022
Introverts are born, since I was little I've always been quiet and calm. Everyone used to tease me about being the quiet one in the group

Till today I still behave that way,people see being alone as a bad thing or boring thing but to me it's
Life as I've always known it.

It's just that this days,people see introversion as a trend/flex and this is mostly by extroverted people claiming to be introverts

10 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by addexx: 3:08pm On Jun 12, 2022
Made and Forged in the furnace of toxic environment undecided

4 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
It's both.

InfinityFabric:
Who cares, no one likes them anyways - until they're needed.
Nigerians hate what they don't understand.

6 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Quitam: 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
I've been introverted since I was born. I only got to really know what it's all about 10 years ago. It's sometimes difficult living with extroverts. I don't enjoy loudness. I always find time to withdraw and have a lonely time just to recharge myself.
It's possible that some introverts are made. For me, I've noticed the trait in my family. I have a cousin who will past me without any greetings and you can find him the next minute posting my picture on his status "Big bro".
I'm still struggling seriously with introversion. At work, they say you should make yourself 'visible'. For me, it takes a long time to know many people. For extroverts, they can know everyone in the organization in 1 week. Again, i tend to suffer from imposter syndrome which is a phenomenon where you feel it wasn't your efforts, but luck, which made get some achievements.
I will recommend a good book about introversion : Quiet by Susan Cain. As an introvert, it is a must-read for you

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Eileene(f): 3:10pm On Jun 12, 2022
Hmmm

I am of the opinion that introverts are made not born I don't believe introversion is a basic gene thing which can be passed i see it as more of a behavioral pattern of a child in response to its environment.I like to think of a new born as a clean slate with all personalities dormant , now the environment he or she grows up in will determine the personality that will foster.If a child grows up in a family home where there are always visitors and friends around he or she will grow up as an extrovert and vice versa.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by BabaCommander: 3:10pm On Jun 12, 2022
I was born with it

1 Like

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by intruder15(m): 3:10pm On Jun 12, 2022
ashewoboy:
Like for born.

Share for made.

Everything no be like and share o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ObaKlaz: 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2022
InfinityFabric:

Someone who understands.
Other than that it's utter bollocks, there's nothing else to understand about that incredibly preposterous comment of yours.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2022
Realiskit:
. Shame on you. A day will come when the so called hated people would be your only hope of making it in life.
I think you missed the point
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Mariangeles(f): 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2022
Pako no dey be introvert.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by BigDawsNet: 3:15pm On Jun 12, 2022
ashewoboy:
Let's discuss. I want to find out something.

Born

But they can enter Transformation at some point in life
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by yemmit90: 3:16pm On Jun 12, 2022
Being introvert is a result of low self esteem, cluelessness or wisdom.

People with wisdom rarely talk anyhow, they mind their businesses and always think deeply before they speak.

People with low self esteem too are mostly introverts, they avoid public or associate with people.

Most clueless people too are introverts.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by na2016: 3:17pm On Jun 12, 2022
ashewoboy:

Most are made through verbal abuse or other abuses we think are normal but in a real sense are killing the child.

2 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ransomed: 3:17pm On Jun 12, 2022
I love to enjoy my little space without noise makers and everyone is free to say whatever he/she likes, I do not care.

5 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Mariangeles(f): 3:17pm On Jun 12, 2022
BabaCommander:
I was born with it

I doubt.
At what age did you become self aware?
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by OduduaDefender(m): 3:18pm On Jun 12, 2022
Well, there are two ways to it.
There are natural born introverts and there are circumstantial introverts.
When you don't have money in your pocket, you compulsorily become an introvert: that's circumstantial introversion"

3 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Teenwolf(m): 3:18pm On Jun 12, 2022
Both
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Enny2013(f): 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:
Both are possible

I remember when i was younger, i didn’t enjoy visiting people nor being in large gatherings. A birthday party was thrown for my younger sister, I couldn’t stay outside for more than 20mins, I even almost missed the family picture, my dad had to threaten me to come out.

When i finished my secondary education, i made new friends and become extremely loud, went to late night parties, mixed with different people. I became more alive, my mum was very happy about the new me ( except the partying part )

When we left the barracks for our house, it was a new site then, no one to talk to, except my younger siblings and they were still in secondary school, my elder sister was in uni, so I stayed home from morning till 6pm alone.
everything became boring again and I returned to the old me. Up till today, i find it very unnecessary to talk on phone, I’ll rather chat, i don’t enjoy visiting people or being visited, i can be with you for hours and not say anything. Throughout my tertiary life, i had only two friends, apart from this guys, no other person can claim they’ve heard me say more than 5 sentences. Forget all the rain boot kicking and all. In real life I’m too quiet, even for my own liking. Nairalanders who have met me can testify.

So, it is possible for an introvert to be born or made. It can be inherited and situations can force one to be an introvert. Situations like mouth odour, bad diction, low self esteem, pride etc

One of the reason why i kick people with my rain boot

Damn... nasty... I’m out of here
Hope u ain't my twin. U just described me.
Pple say I am too boring. My parent in- laws feel I am too quiet n reserved for deir likings... N my hubby is so crazy abt my nature.i just like bin alone most tyms.

2 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Issues40(m): 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2022
Recent studies have shown that there's nothing like introversion or extroversion. In fact they are illusions created in an attempt to understand human behavior.

All humans are capable of expressing both introversion and extroversion. But not at the same time. Certain situations and factors at any point in time determine if one should act as an introvert or as an extrovert. Given the right conditions, even the worst "introvert" will act as an extrovert and given the right conditions, the worst "extrovert" will act as an introvert......

4 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ObaKlaz: 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
It's both.

Nigerians hate what they don't understand.
When you see comments such as the one you quoted, you know it can only come from an extrovert. Of course, their thought process can be very flippant and shallow a lot of times.
An introvert would process his/her thoughts better!

You know my biggest problem with extroverts?
They think it's wrong for everyone else to not be extroverted as they are!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by BabaCommander: 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2022
Mariangeles:

I doubt.
At what age did you become self aware?
You simply don't understand.
I have always been calm, cool, and collected all my life.

2 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by spencekat(m): 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2022
Blupen:
sad truth
Pure lie

1 Like

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:24pm On Jun 12, 2022
ObaKlaz:
When you see comments such as the one you quoted, you know it can only come from an extrovert. Of course, their thought process can be very flippant and shallow a lot of times.
An introvert would process his/her thoughts better!

You know my biggest problem with extroverts?
They think it's wrong for everyone else to not be extroverted as they are!

Most actually see it as a form of deformity grin

Btw, try to understand his comment. He's an introvert.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Antyxx: 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2022
Hff
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by SeriouslySense(m): 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2022
Thank you for sharing, increases my understanding, that introversion could be varying and may depend on circumstances, such as health, beliefs, or may arise due to the lack of communicating or expressing certain needs, or maybe the perception that others do not listen, and the inability to participate.

I myself i choose introversion, because i deem it useful as a protective mechanism for observing others, and sometimes may deem it unnecessary to interact because it could be draining on the psych. But its not necessarily so that i am an introvert, but i have found introversion to be the key to unlocking my growth, it helps me to listen more and there is a certain time in our lives, we could decide its useful, its not necessarily so for every person, since some have the tendency of occupying and spontaneity. And it also a matter of trusting oneself, and due to learned experiences.

I dont know the answer either, its clear i need more understanding, to reach a satisfactory conclusion, one has to examine both extroverts and introverts from birth to old age to see how this personalities develop and vary across time, or at least understand the factors that influences this traits, but maybe its both or either or a mix, that introverts or extroverts are born or made. Not excluding the complexity of human thinking, our thought processes may vary with great margins, not similar or very heterogenous. Then our biological makeup, and compositions also influences our capacities and approach.

Therefore Introverts and extroverts are useful according to the makeup of the person and what works for that person. For me introversion works for me, it helps me to observe myself, and others, and then it helps me to see ahead, to ask myself questions and to find answers, resulting in growth and improvements and even more solidification in confidence, if i were to be an extroverts maybe i will become rather impulsive, and not accountable and shallow. Extroversion helps me forget the world and just be spontaneous when i choose it. My compositions resonates with introversion.

Qinglong:
Good question. I have a very early memory of my childhood, when I was in KG 2. Throughout the first day, I didn't talk to anyone or play with anyone. I've also had short-sightedness since I was little and I couldn't see the writings on the board, but I didn't tell anyone — including the teacher. I was just mute throughout the day and slept off at some point. A neighbor of mine later came to pick me up and told the teacher that I was always quiet like that.

All through my school years and now during my service, it's been the same o. So I guess I would say I was born introverted. There's definitely many people that become introverted due to certain situations or circumstances, though.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Mohamizy: 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2022
InfinityFabric:
Who cares, no one likes them anyways - until they're needed.
This is why as an introvert I'm very careful because there are more USERS out there than LOVERS. IF you notice most women cheat and manipulate introverted men more easily than extroverted ones, also extroverted men insult us behind our backs

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
care4you:
They are born

But lack of money has turned some people to introvert in Nigeria?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
Issues40:
Recent studies have shown that there's nothing like introversion or extroversion. In fact they are illusions created in an attempt to understand human behavior.

All humans are capable of expressing both introversion and extroversion. But not at the same time. Certain situations and factors at any point in time determine if one should act as an introvert or as an extrovert. Given the right conditions, even the worst "introvert" will act as an extrovert and given the right conditions, the worst "extrovert" will act as an introvert......
This actually makes sense, take some introverts that express themselves freely when around people they are comfortable with.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by PoliteActivist: 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2022
ashewoboy:

You have to first define "introvert". Is someone who is very comfortable speaking to large groups or same sex but very shy one-on-one or with opposite sex introvert? Then vise versa. I think vast majority of people are "bi-trovert" - it depends on who, where, when, and what they are dealing with

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 9 Years Of Waiting (Photos) / How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? / Oh My God ....men Sha!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.