Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Are Introverts Born Or Made? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Introverts Born Or Made? (22969 Views)

If You Are To Choose: To Be Born Or Not To Be Born, Which Would You Choose? / Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People / Are Introverts Shy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Tonnierichy(m): 6:23am On Jun 13, 2022
arthurwillia:
I’m an introvert by situation

I want to go out but then It’s well oo
Do you even know the full meaning of introvert?
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by arthurwillia(m): 6:27am On Jun 13, 2022
Tonnierichy:

Do you even know the full meaning of introvert?

No, I don’t.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Mariangeles(f): 6:38am On Jun 13, 2022
Albertone:

If you want to speak English, speak it.If you want to speak Igbo, speak it.
No dey confuse person.

Nukwa kor nupe ni.

An angry introvert spotted!

Na for online una dey sabi form kitikiti, dey form katakata!
Open mouth talk for real life na problem.

Can you even make eye contact?

Angry bird! cheesy
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Emma1Oj(m): 6:52am On Jun 13, 2022
InfinityFabric:
Who cares, no one likes them anyways - until they're needed.
but y don't pple like introverts? Because I can't be who I'm not.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by MNDY(m): 6:52am On Jun 13, 2022
ashewoboy:
Let's discuss. I want to find out something.

My current environment has made me an introvert. I stroll around very well, love to be among people and watch flow of people. But tribal bigotry in my new environment does not let me mix with people anymore.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Emma1Oj(m): 6:56am On Jun 13, 2022
Abakelawal:
Mine is made oooo... And am tired of being an introvert
hey show for your face.. u be confirm intro.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 7:06am On Jun 13, 2022
MNDY:

My current environment has made me an introvert. I stroll around very well, love to be among people and watch flow of people. But tribal bigotry in my new environment does not let me mix with people anymore.

Introverts are born. You are not a true introvert. The thread speaks of the veracity of introverts being born.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 7:10am On Jun 13, 2022
Quitam:
I've been introverted since I was born. I only got to really know what it's all about 10 years ago. It's sometimes difficult living with extroverts. I don't enjoy loudness. I always find time to withdraw and have a lonely time just to recharge myself.
It's possible that some introverts are made. For me, I've noticed the trait in my family. I have a cousin who will past me without any greetings and you can find him the next minute posting my picture on his status "Big bro".
I'm still struggling seriously with introversion. At work, they say you should make yourself 'visible'. For me, it takes a long time to know many people. For extroverts, they can know everyone in the organization in 1 week. Again, i tend to suffer from imposter syndrome which is a phenomenon where you feel it wasn't your efforts, but luck, which made get some achievements.
I will recommend a good book about introversion : Quiet by Susan Cain. As an introvert, it is a must-read for you

Nice. The society does not understand that some people were born introverts. Them dey bully introverts.

1 Like

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 7:14am On Jun 13, 2022
ObaKlaz:
When you see comments such as the one you quoted, you know it can only come from an extrovert. Of course, their thought process can be very flippant and shallow a lot of times.
An introvert would process his/her thoughts better!

You know my biggest problem with extroverts?
They think it's wrong for everyone else to not be extroverted as they are!

Them don read about temperament traits, yet they expect everybody to be the same.

1 Like

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 7:34am On Jun 13, 2022
BabaCommander:

You are getting things mixed up.
No where did I mention that introverts are all good folks, or that extroverts are bad folks.
Being a manipulator, backstabber, or monster in NOT a personality issue, but a choice. All personality types has there fair share of idiats as well as gifted people.

I will post a thread on this when I have the time and I will tagge you if it's okay by you.

You have to be an extrovert to be a manipulator.

1 Like

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 7:41am On Jun 13, 2022
apple30:
I was born an introvert and also made grin grin
My papa worn use get inside take kill me ..

cheesy. How about now? You don dey outside?

2 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 7:45am On Jun 13, 2022
naija1stnigar:
The issues regarding personality has to be genetically inherent, the difference between introversion and extroversion has to do with the movement of certain chemicals in our body, these chemicals depends largely on the nature of our environment to receive energy which makes certain individuals to either be charged up or expend certain amount of energy to cope in such an environment.
Extroverts are always charged up while they are in the midst of people, and this makes them to always be at the forefront in any gathering they find themselves, while an introvert expends energy in staying out a long time or meeting new people, an Introvert is charged while being alone or with few friends who are well known to him while the extroverts are charged by staying out with friends and meeting new people, extroverts are attention seekers while the introverts are naturally reserved. An introvert is also capable of relating with others too but will have to spend more time being alone in order to gain back the energy he expended had while he was with others, and conversely, an extrovert will feel the urge to get busy in order to gain the energy he has expended while being alone. Notice that in all these,it is thier inherent body chemicals that dictates thier actions and define thier personality, it is just like when a pig is dressed up in a brand new suit and mistakenly gets to come across a mud will believe he has found his own paradise, that's how our body chemicals directs us and defines our personalities. I hope I have contributed meaningfully.

Yes, you have contributed meaningfully.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 7:45am On Jun 13, 2022
MISSCONGENIALITY:
They and born and made.
While some people are introverts by birth, some become introverts as a result of some environmental factors.

True. Which are you?
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 7:46am On Jun 13, 2022
Aguilar:
They are both born and made.

Absolutely true.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 7:50am On Jun 13, 2022
Farfalla:

I laugh when I read such comments here. Low self-esteem indeed. Clueless indeed. grin

I am an introvert because I have a dire need to protect my space, my boundaries and my privacy. I am picky about my associations because I am protective of my peace of mind. Introverts don't avoid people. We only avoid people who have no boundaries because we hate drama.

We like to be in control of ourselves, so you won't find us walking around in groups like sheep being led to graze in the pasture.

We do have friends. Very few, but very meaningful relationships. Some of our friends are extroverts, while some are just as introverted as we are.

I don't know whether I was born an introvert, but I did know from an early age that I hated drama and would deliberately avoid toxic people, including relatives. I was the kid who would share her packed food with the pleasant kid and not the mean kid.

My 2 sisters are extremely talkative and outgoing, yet we had the same upbringing. I have 3 brothers, the youngest tends to keep to himself but the other 2 can't shut the hell up and enjoy being around people. I tend to gel with each one of them regardless.

True.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 7:51am On Jun 13, 2022
FahBuLous:
I'm an introvert and I was born with it...

Started exhibiting it since I was around 3 according to my parents...

I would just be isolated from other kids that are playing just to play with my toys alone and I also hated being in crowdy places...

How I got through school still remains a mistery...

Married now?
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 7:52am On Jun 13, 2022
Enny2013:

Ha! No abeg. I Neva prayed for such marriage. Separate rooms and just a kid kwa?

cheesy. Unlike poles attract. You go like toxic mencheesy.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by kumulus(m): 8:05am On Jun 13, 2022
Elvis778:

Some babies are born cry babies, some are more quiet and barely cries, some love to scatter things as toddlers, some love to be carried and moved around, others just want to be active, while some love to be quiet or even spend most of their time sleeping....those are baby personalities, so nope, man ain't born empty.

These things of which you speak, don't they all start after the child is born? Are there any records of these happening in the womb environment??

Maybe on the premise of baby's womb activities I agree they weren't born empty since they've already started learning to respond to stimulus while still in the sac, emphasis on "response to stimuli" but then again, stimuli from where??

I'm very introverted, some folks put it as self-absorption and I wouldn't think they're wrong.

As a child I was very genuinely outspoken, simply put, I always spoke my mind as it was. I don't even try to be unbiased because that's me expressing my truth but guess what, it always got me in trouble with the very people that as a child I was convinced mattered most and ought to feel secure around. Can you imagine what impact that had on my person each time? Now if as a person you don't feel comforted being yourself around trusted individuals, would you be comfortable around strangers/outsiders?

Intro-vert = To turn inwards.

Man by divine will is meant to express and not impress (in-press), life of the introverted one is made increasingly difficult by constant lack of outward expressions.

A man thinks, so he is!

Good morning!!
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by BabaCommander: 8:15am On Jun 13, 2022
ashewoboy:

You have to be an extrovert to be a manipulator.
That's not true. Anyone can be a manipulator regardless of the personality type.

2 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by sparko1(m): 8:15am On Jun 13, 2022
Uniquetani1:
Born ke
Environment made one into an introvert and extrovert

Not true, Introverts are born.

First, you need to know what is in the core of every introvert, talking is not the problem, some people assume they are shy, or can't talk, but that is not true, introvert talk with those he's familiar with. They just don't do it like all the time.

I for example have 2 friends, sometimes we can call and talk for hours and then no calls for months, that is how introvert view talking, a tiring endeavour that should be done once in a while.

Those saying money or circumstance, are just guessing, I live alone, I haven't spoken to my neighbours since Friday, I almost kind of avoid them because I don't have anything to say to them, I look around, when everyone is busy in their rooms, take my car keys, in a matter of minutes I am out.

Same reason we don't like party, I haven't been to any kind of party in 3 years, even if I am invited, I just look for one reason not to attend, mind you, I have siblings that are social Bird, so it is not environment.

2 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:28am On Jun 13, 2022
ashewoboy:

True. Which are you?
The whole world knows I'm almost extremely extroverted.
But at the same time, i love my space.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 9:17am On Jun 13, 2022
BabaCommander:

That's not true. Anyone can be a manipulator regardless of the personality type.

Nor dey argue with me. Extroverts tend to be manipulators.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 9:17am On Jun 13, 2022
MISSCONGENIALITY:
The whole world knows I'm almost extremely extroverted.
But at the same time, i love my space.

Born or made?
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Mariangeles(f): 9:31am On Jun 13, 2022
ashewoboy:

Introverts are born. You are not a true introvert. The thread speaks of the veracity of introverts being born.

The way you go about it is as if it's a trait one should be proud of. cheesy
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 9:38am On Jun 13, 2022
Mariangeles:

The way you go about it is as if it's a trait one should be proud of. cheesy

Hoenijogbon.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Mariangeles(f): 9:41am On Jun 13, 2022
ashewoboy:

Nor dey argue with me. Extroverts tend to be manipulators.

Extroverts are mostly too free spirited to be manipulators.

There are reasons why some people avoid those who do not talk much.
Does You see people wey no dey talk? Fear them! sound familiar? E get why!
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Mariangeles(f): 9:41am On Jun 13, 2022
ashewoboy:

Hoenijogbon.

Ni e! smiley
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Elvis778(m): 1:02pm On Jun 13, 2022
kumulus:

These things of which you speak, don't they all start after the child is born? Are there any records of these happening in the womb environment??

Maybe on the premise of baby's womb activities I agree they weren't born empty since they've already started learning to respond to stimulus while still in the sac, emphasis on "response to stimuli" but then again, stimuli from where??

I'm very introverted, some folks put it as self-absorption and I wouldn't think they're wrong.

As a child I was very genuinely outspoken, simply put, I always spoke my mind as it was. I don't even try to be unbiased because that's me expressing my truth but guess what, it always got me in trouble with the very people that as a child I was convinced mattered most and ought to feel secure around. Can you imagine what impact that had on my person each time? Now if as a person you don't feel comforted being yourself around trusted individuals, would you be comfortable around strangers/outsiders?

Intro-vert = To turn inwards.

Man by divine will is meant to express and not impress (in-press), life of the introverted one is made increasingly difficult by constant lack of outward expressions.

A man thinks, so he is!

Good morning!!

I am not implying that Introverts are born, I am just saying that contrary to what you said, humans are not actually born empty, some babies are noisy right from the time they are born, it's their personality at birth, but that same child could grow to be an introvert. Their personality at birth doesn't determine who they become.

1 Like

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Albertone(m): 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2022
Mariangeles:

An angry introvert spotted!

Na for online una dey sabi form kitikiti, dey form katakata!
Open mouth talk for real life na problem.

Can you even make eye contact?

Angry bird! cheesy

Why will I have to involve in trouble when I have boys who live for trouble?

Challenge me offline and you go know say na weed money e go cost me to deal with you.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Albertone(m): 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2022
Bahamas95:
Technically I would say she did, I wasn't interested in her at first because of her age. I haven't dated someone that young before, I was feeling reluctant to make the move because deep down in my heart I regarded her as my sister.

Her mum visited oneday and she introduced me to her as her bestie, as we were seeing her off the last statement she made was "TAKE CARE OF MY BABY". It was as if they poured cold water on me, that statement made me weak that day but I didn't tell her.......I didn't wanna betray her mum's trust by having any form of sexual affair with her.

Onething led to another and we're dating now, our families are aware of it.

Wow interesting!
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Mariangeles(f): 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2022
Albertone:

Why will I have to involve in trouble when I have boys who live for trouble?

Challenge me offline and you go know say na weed money e go cost me to deal with you.

You can start trouble, but you can't finish 'em? Ole! cheesy
People like you who appear innocent do worse things. I see through people like you.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Albertone(m): 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2022
OneKinGuy:

Funny enough, you can't say this in my face but here you are, forming tough introvert grin grin
Anyways, do what ever you want big man wink

Is there sense in what you just said?Who are you that I can't say it to your face?
Funny this is coming from you to an ex-paramillitary man.

You must think introversion means low self esteem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? / How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 9 Years Of Waiting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.