Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Are Introverts Born Or Made? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Introverts Born Or Made? (23003 Views)

If You Are To Choose: To Be Born Or Not To Be Born, Which Would You Choose? / Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People / Are Introverts Shy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Enny2013(f): 5:31pm On Jun 12, 2022
NewSoul:

Hmmn if you had married an introvert like me. We would have much in common and understand each other so well. I'll let you have your personal room alone and I have my personal room too. I give you space, you give me space and then you come to my abode when you start to miss me and I come to your room when I want to be with you and we'll have only one child so the house is not always rowdy and noisy grin. I think it will be fun that way, there will be mutual respect and understanding and no "see finish" scenario...
Ha! No abeg. I Neva prayed for such marriage. Separate rooms and just a kid kwa?
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Bentizil: 5:33pm On Jun 12, 2022
InfinityFabric:
Who cares, no one likes them anyways - until they're needed.
Hmmm.
Pls expantiate on this
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Mariangeles(f): 5:34pm On Jun 12, 2022
Enny2013:

Ha! No abeg. I Neva prayed for such marriage. Separate rooms and just a kid kwa?

grin grin grin
I nukwa separate rooms? grin
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Enny2013(f): 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2022
Mariangeles:

grin grin grin
Separate rooms for couples! God forbid...

1 Like

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by cayorday89(m): 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2022
For me, I wasn't born an introvert, I am a made introvert, looking back to my younger days, I am always lively and made my class mates laugh throwing jokes here and there but once I am back home, it's straight to my introverted habit not talking that much and always quiet... My class teacher in SSS2 made me realize this as he was living opposite my house and he told my classmates that as playful as I was in school, I am the direct opposite at home, after secondary school life took a not so palatable turn and I became a full time introvert most especially as I lost communication with my classmates and could not gain admission to the Uni on time. Now I can stay my whole life indoor without talking to anyone. But I hope to change this though even if it is hard.

Some are also born introvert, met a couple of persons who are like that from a very young age, but most of us are made so by harsh parenting decisions, while some its just lack of adequate finance and too many burden to deal with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Munzy14(m): 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
Bahamas95:
Born.

I have been an introvert from childhood and ain't got plans of taking off that coat. I hate noise and I disassociate myself from noisy people. Because I don't talk much people that ain't used to me think am proud or wicked. Most especially one of my aunties, she don't always feel comfortable around me. Back then when she visits and am the only one at home fear won't make her come in, she would prefer to wait at the gate till my mum or siblings return. grin

You hardly see me in social gatherings, if I manage to go I will look for a quiet spot to sit with people am familiar with......The only time you hear my voice is when am angry.
You be terror.. grin

I like that kind impression sha..it pushes out unserious people trying to distract you...My ex babe told me, before we start dating she used to fear me...She and her siblings used to say In my university days, I must be frat guy, And I am a capone not just a floor member from my ways.. grin grin

She told me this when we are already An item..She said she was scared when I woo her..She was like heyyy capone don fall for me o.. grin grin

She helped improve my Ambivert nature..But deep into the relationship she was like do you know you are different from your scary impression..I told her it is my defence mechanism to push off distractions..Except if I am interested.

In that setting I met her, she is like a Queen bee as we started dating..So I imagined what impression people think of us..

Genuinely I feel introverts guys should go for extroverted lady..I doubt if I av ever dated an introverted lady...Life go bore me as An Ambivert.

2 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Eagba(m): 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
Eileene:
Hmmm

I am of the opinion that introverts are made not born I don't believe introversion is a basic gene thing which can be passed i see it as more of a behavioral pattern of a child in response to its environment.I like to think of a new born as a clean slate with all personalities dormant , now the environment he or she grows up in will determine the personality that will foster.If a child grows up in a family home where there are always visitors and friends around he or she will grow up as an extrovert and vice versa.

I and my elder brother grew up in same environment, food, friends but his extremely outgoing while an introvert.

still he was good big bros to me.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by naturefellow(m): 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
InfinityFabric:
every personality is important for balance in the world.

They'll become important to you probably when you get one for a child. Duh!
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Rexymania(m): 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2022
Not really, I just don't like them

Mariangeles:

So, while extroverts likely see you as the "quiet one" who "doesn't like trouble", you're busy "hating" them. undecided
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Munzy14(m): 5:48pm On Jun 12, 2022
Mariangeles:

grin grin grin
So you aren't aware some couples have seperate rooms? Smh

But in all, the wife will always find herself in the man's room most times.. grin grin

Nature must fill the vacuum..

1 Like

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Mariangeles(f): 5:56pm On Jun 12, 2022
Munzy14:

So you aren't aware some couples have seperate rooms? Smh

But in all, the wife will always find herself in the man's room most times.. grin grin

Nature must fill the vacuum..

Some do, but it's not right.

One cannot want to be alone when they want to, then go to the other when they feel like it.
That bond of matrimony will not be there.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by cayorday89(m): 5:59pm On Jun 12, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:
Both are possible

I remember when i was younger, i didn’t enjoy visiting people nor being in large gatherings. A birthday party was thrown for my younger sister, I couldn’t stay outside for more than 20mins, I even almost missed the family picture, my dad had to threaten me to come out.

When i finished my secondary education, i made new friends and become extremely loud, went to late night parties, mixed with different people. I became more alive, my mum was very happy about the new me ( except the partying part )

When we left the barracks for our house, it was a new site then, no one to talk to, except my younger siblings and they were still in secondary school, my elder sister was in uni, so I stayed home from morning till 6pm alone.
everything became boring again and I returned to the old me. Up till today, i find it very unnecessary to talk on phone, I’ll rather chat, i don’t enjoy visiting people or being visited, i can be with you for hours and not say anything. Throughout my tertiary life, i had only two friends, apart from this guys, no other person can claim they’ve heard me say more than 5 sentences. Forget all the rain boot kicking and all. In real life I’m too quiet, even for my own liking. Nairalanders who have met me can testify.

So, it is possible for an introvert to be born or made. It can be inherited and situations can force one to be an introvert. Situations like mouth odour, bad diction, low self esteem, pride etc

One of the reason why i kick people with my rain boot

Damn... nasty... I’m out of here

We have somethings in common, I never had the privilege of visiting people, always indoor and most people always know my dad is around when I am not outside playing. For large gatherings, as long as my parents are not there, I must show myself but it's a very rare and uncommon situation. But school present me with it.

For parties, throughout my primary and secondary school life, I only attended three school parties first year primary and last year x-mas and send forth party none at all in secondary, only church present me with parties like harvest. After secondary, I became a fulltime introvert.

In UNI, it was a mixture of both but more of been introverted especially when I am in school environment and only close ones knew I can be playful. Some group of coursemates thought I was drunk(only took few cups of palm wine) at a female coursemate's birthday party because of how I danced and enjoyed myself, simply because I did not always honour their own birthday parties as theirs was always wild and leads to fight most times.

Now it's work and me just on my own, wahala too much, I don't even like calling or chatting. I only dedicate a certain time to call those who check up on me on WhatsApp once I a while.

2 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by yemmit90: 6:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
Munzy14:

I think you are clueless about the subject of discuss.. cheesy

You further confused your confusion with mistaking Inferiority complex as definition of Introverts.

Introverts are extremely intelligent humans..In research, most genuis are Introverts.

Introverts can be talkative when they interact with intelligent people whom they are comfortable with.

As simple as I my post was, you cannot comprehence.

I stated it clearly that there were 3 classification of introverts, people who are intelligent/wisdom,low self esteem, and clueless people.

Besides, stop being a narrow minded person, learn to read well or think twice before you insult people,
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Munzy14(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
Mariangeles:

Some do, but it's not right.

One cannot want to be alone when they want to, then go to the other when they feel like it.
That bond of matrimony will not be there.
I visited a friend who was building his house...He told me, see my room, see my wife's room..I looked at him and asked, So if your wife want collect for night, she will come and knock on your door abii what? He started laughing.. grin

I told him to calm down, I will tell the wify to use that room to pack clothes.. grin grin

Rubbish and separate room..I can't Try that biko...Cold go finish me. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by nattyjojo(m): 6:10pm On Jun 12, 2022
InfinityFabric:

People like you don't like introverts because they are smart and more intelligent than you. There more happy than you could be in your entire life. They're the the best in problem solving in advanced countries.

They prefer action and honestly. They work in silence, they don't need you to survive.

Facebook was built by an introvert, Amazon etc.

Don't hate on people for no reason because introverts are the only people that will offer you help and no other ear will hear about it.

5 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Supersymetry: 6:13pm On Jun 12, 2022
90% of Introverts are made, it's a deviation from the typical. because they can't relate completely with the neurotypicals, like an alien trying to understand humans. After many years of been unable to relate completely, they adopted the behavior which,from the reference frame of the typicals it is view as introvert,
10 % are just Autistic.
Every human is an extrovert.
Even loud extrovert can become introverted in the presence of introverted nuclear scientist discussing nuclear supercriticality of plutonium-239 hexafluoride.
Or in an unfamiliar environment with unfamiliar culture,
Introverts needing time to recharge is a fallacy, if introvert-introvert friendship work without recharge time then the problem is with the extrovert.
Maybe a research needs to be conducted, it seems Introverts are slightly more evolved than extrovert.
Especially in the areas of metacognition self-awareness.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Munzy14(m): 6:15pm On Jun 12, 2022
yemmit90:

As simple as I my post was, you cannot comprehence.

I stated it clearly that there were 3 classification of introverts, people who are intelligent/wisdom,low self esteem, and clueless people.

Besides, stop being a narrow minded person, learn to read well or think twice before you insult people,
You are still clueless..That is why you classified your hypothesis into three options, so if you get attacked you use others for shield(Cowardly).

Narrow minded people like you don't swallow their gibberish...But expect others to because it is termed "Their Opinion".
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Mariangeles(f): 6:24pm On Jun 12, 2022
Munzy14:

I visited a friend who was building his house...He to me, see me room, see my wife's room..I looked at him and asked, So if your wife want collect for night, she will come and knock on your door abii what? He started laughing.. grin

I told him to calm down, I will tell the wify to use that room to pack clothes.. grin grin

Rubbish and separate room..I can't Try that biko...Cold go finish me. grin

Unless they are of the same personality, having separate rooms won't be fair on the other person. Especially those who like to talk till they fall asleep. cheesy
And the wives are mostly at the receiving end.

That stupid separate room should be turned to a play room for the children.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by moneyissweet(m): 6:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
And when you get money you go fly piamm

Jmichael1:
I'm an introvert only wen am broke....

even grave yard no quite reach me wen i'm cashless...
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by standout5: 6:43pm On Jun 12, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-rvivEfYlc

Pls subscribe to my channel and find out more revealing truths about introverts. I made the video today.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Munzy14(m): 6:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
Mariangeles:

Unless they are of the same personality, having separate rooms won't be fair on the other person. Especially those who like to talk till they fall asleep. cheesy
And the wives are mostly at the receiving end.

That stupid separate room should be turned to a play room for the children.
Hahahah they aren't...They can be chatter box atimes...That was why I paused when he said his wife's room..

Sounded awkward..If I am him, I will have a room and make it bigger...I even suggested to him, he can add portable Jacuzzi for two..So he can be having warm and romantic moments with the wife grin grin..Ya si m a choro m ka o muta community with 4kids down already.. cheesy

Ihe na agu m anohuzi n'ahia according to him.. grin grin

I just can't do that seperate rubbish...I can discuss to sleep.

I si children's play room hahahaha i choro ka ga nu olu mma ha mgbe ya na di ya na enwe private time.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Jmichael1(m): 6:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
moneyissweet:
And when you get money you go fly piamm

u knw as he dey go nah..,.

i lyk u moniker..

1 Like

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Brownshoe: 6:44pm On Jun 12, 2022
I go with ur last reason, *pride/ego*, this really contributed to my own, you hardly please me, it affect my relationship, single at 35,i just want woman, educated, working class, beautiful but people say you cant get everything.
Orgasmgiver123:
Both are possible

I remember when i was younger, i didn’t enjoy visiting people nor being in large gatherings. A birthday party was thrown for my younger sister, I couldn’t stay outside for more than 20mins, I even almost missed the family picture, my dad had to threaten me to come out.

When i finished my secondary education, i made new friends and become extremely loud, went to late night parties, mixed with different people. I became more alive, my mum was very happy about the new me ( except the partying part )

When we left the barracks for our house, it was a new site then, no one to talk to, except my younger siblings and they were still in secondary school, my elder sister was in uni, so I stayed home from morning till 6pm alone.
everything became boring again and I returned to the old me. Up till today, i find it very unnecessary to talk on phone, I’ll rather chat, i don’t enjoy visiting people or being visited, i can be with you for hours and not say anything. Throughout my tertiary life, i had only two friends, apart from this guys, no other person can claim they’ve heard me say more than 5 sentences. Forget all the rain boot kicking and all. In real life I’m too quiet, even for my own liking. Nairalanders who have met me can testify.

So, it is possible for an introvert to be born or made. It can be inherited and situations can force one to be an introvert. Situations like mouth odour, bad diction, low self esteem, pride etc

One of the reason why i kick people with my rain boot

Damn... nasty... I’m out of here
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Bluezy13(m): 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2022
Heterodox:
Read up about Schizoid Personality.

You're the one who isn't up to date.

Introversion is a symptom of a personality type.

Mind you, shyness or aloneness is not introversion.

I have duly and meticulously perused the Schizoid personality that you suggested.
I will do well to neglect your abuse of my opinion for saying that I am not up to date.

Your mention of my remark and subsequent accusation would have been avoided if you were patient enough to read through... thoroughly...my communication with the poster I mentioned.
This is because, after a careful and elaborate argument that took us days in this particular thread, we were able to reach and understanding of which he...the poster I mentioned... judiciously understood my opinion.

Anyways, thanks for referring me to the Schizoid personality (although it was inconsequential to the bone of contention).

Modified
I just figured that the original 2nd and third pages of this thread have been erased by the moderators.
Consequently, I do not have time to start the argument with you too.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by PAWG(m): 6:57pm On Jun 12, 2022
Made. I grew at home - primary and secondary school. The only time I left home was when I got into the university, by that time my introvert status was sealed. I couldn’t survive the hostel and had to withdraw and went back home (the only place I felt safe in).

I wish my parents had let me out of the house earlier. I’m still thankful though.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Eileene(f): 6:59pm On Jun 12, 2022
Eagba:

I and my elder brother grew up in same environment, food, friends but his extremely outgoing while an introvert.

still he was good big bros to me.

The fact that your elder brother is extremely outgoing and you are not does not necessarily make you an introvert.Yyou may be an ambivert.That is if all things are constant e.g you grew up in a free home not necessarily environment.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by lasisi69(f): 7:08pm On Jun 12, 2022
Bluezy13:

How can a type of personality determine whether one is introverted or not, when Introvert is a personality itself

Why would you mention Myer-Briggs personality from nowhere without defining, expressing or introducing it

Like someone said, you ended up saying nothing.
finish him cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Eagba(m): 7:10pm On Jun 12, 2022
Eileene:

The fact that your elder brother is extremely outgoing and you are not does not necessarily make you an introvert.Yyou may be an ambivert.That is if all things are constant e.g you grew up in a free home not necessarily environment.
it's was a free home. being an introvert is bae and I wouldn't have it any other way.

it's natural with me.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Bahamas95(m): 7:14pm On Jun 12, 2022
Munzy14:

You be terror.. grin

I like that kind impression sha..it pushes out unserious people trying to distract you...My ex babe told me, before we start dating she used to fear me...She and her siblings used to say In my university days, I must be frat guy, And I am a capone not just a floor member from my ways.. grin grin

She told me this when we are already An item..She said she was scared when I woo her..She was like heyyy capone don fall for me o.. grin grin

She helped improve my Ambivert nature..But deep into the relationship she was like do you know you are different from your scary impression..I told her it is my defence mechanism to push off distractions..Except if I am interested.

In that setting I met her, she is like a Queen bee as we started dating..So I imagined what impression people think of us..

Genuinely I feel introverts guys should go for extroverted lady..I doubt if I av ever dated an introverted lady...Life go bore me as An Ambivert.
Terror? Lol, no am not.
Only people who ain't used to me would call me that, once you get used to me you would find out am very simple. It's just that I don't tolerate nonsense, before you say or do anything with me you must apply caution. I am like a cutlass with both sides, (Sharp and blunt) I show you any side you want.

As for my love life I can't date or marry an extrovert, I tried it before it didn't work out I had to let her go. My present girlfriend is an ambivert and we're doing well. According to what she told me she fell in love with me because of my calm nature.

When she came to the hostel I was the last guy to talk to her, I didn't know she was itching to have a conversation with me but didn't know how to start it because she was kinda shy/scared.

She has gotten used to me now but some of her friends are still finding it difficult to understand me. One was telling her the other day that she doesn't know when am angry or happy........I can't believe someone said that about me. grin

2 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2022
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by koyyess: 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2022
I am a hardcore introvert. But if you come close to me, you will discover I am one of the craziest people you will ever meet. Only deep thinkers can decode.

2 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Supersymetry: 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2022
All Introverts are made, then few autistic, the rest are neurotypicals with either low self-esteem combined with natural disadvantage or poor rating , envy, pride, etc or combination of both, the later mentioned are usually obsessed with extroverted lifestyle and extroverts,
True Introverts always prefer their kind.
While neurotypicals looking for Introverts, want someone they can cheat, manipulate etc they want to eat and have their cake.
Extrovert are mostly people with low self-esteem combined with over confidence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. / If A Man Doesn't Marry When He Is Broke. Marriage Becomes Difficult When Rich / Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.