Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos (78992 Views)

Photos Of The New Uyo-Ikot Ekpene Road: Akwa Ibom & Good Roads Na 5&6 / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana / Woman Crashes Her Toyota Land Cruiser On Lagos Bridge, Blocks Half Of Road. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Kdon2: 9:35am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:
I dont remember seeing anything like this during Tinubu's tenure.

Good paved Roads are the bare minimum that government should provide for its citizens.

Power is next on the priority list.

Mumurity
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:35am On Jun 01, 2022
jurjes:

Etinan is not a village, it's a full local government area. Thanks
there is a village called Etinan inside etinan
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:37am On Jun 01, 2022
Jamesbiodun:
I only see picture quality, when you get there now, those trees will be like rough coil
my dear , Akwa ibom is not backward like your state ok
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:38am On Jun 01, 2022
Sijo01:
I make bold to say that no where in the whole of Benin City can boast of this type of road.
you sure?
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by baretalk: 9:38am On Jun 01, 2022
uote author=Ilaumoh post=113363331]oga are you asking questions or you’re concluding?
Meanwhile Udom alone built 22 industries in Akwa ibom plus Ibomair etc so relax and unlearn to learn ok[/quote]
I have nothing against any one, but Nigerians praising governors for doing their jobs is not smart. Bring those other stuff here, not roads, this is 2022.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Belleful: 9:39am On Jun 01, 2022
lolu2019:
oga,can't u read.I live in Lagos.dis guy said every roads need to be tarred to ur doorstep. how much is tinubu paying u for defending him gan.go to Ogun state, and look at Awolowo projects. all roads are being tarred to ur doorstep. I mean every corner.I am from Ikenne.I am telling u fact.
Why re u not calling out the present governor of Ogun state? Have he tarred all the roads in Ogun to everyone's doorstep?
And how much re u being paid for hating tinubu?
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by nairaman66(m): 9:39am On Jun 01, 2022
I love this topic! Pretty engaging on how overhyped Lagos is. Really expository in the sense of the reeks and rots it’s public amenities are as well as other states especially Delta State.

However, Delta state wasn’t the capital of Nigeria at any point, nor compare to the state with the highest IGR. Lagos needs to do more in other to join the leagues of modern day cities!!

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:40am On Jun 01, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Udom is the only PDP gov I like. Dude doesn't make much noise
what about wike?
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Jaymoney5000(m): 9:40am On Jun 01, 2022
kingyakos:

Go and sit down!
You are very stupid, imagine this tinubu rabbis attacking somebody who air out his view.
You just jump into abuse without reading through the lines of this thread just because his view doesn't favour your god tinubu.
Just getout of this thread.
No mind am,well let me say this I simply hate Tinubu cos he has stole alot from Nigeria and he's one of the Brains behind Nigeria's problems today & still wants to be president...Greed is Bad.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by cedeki(m): 9:42am On Jun 01, 2022
Is it a crime for Delta state to have such a solid beautiful road, road master without a road. all the huge allocations and internal revenue in one mans pocket.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by membranus: 9:42am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

You cant name just one.

Who told you that there are not long stretches of road in Lagos. That is why we laugh when you guys hype the unhypeable.

I live in USA. The roads are tarred to your doorstep. I mean to your very doorstep. You can drive interstate for 20 hours without seeing one pot hole not to talk of bad road.

Every street in Lagos ought to be tarred. Apart from that there are thousands of untarred major roads in Lagos. Go around your state bro. Lagos is not just mainland LGA and Island.

When Ameachi called Lagos a glorified slum you think he did not know what he was saying?

I was once on the Tinubu/ Lagos is the greatest hype train until i went to other states and travelled out. I became depressed for a while just knowing our lives were substandard. Its not about having money.

The last time i was in Lagos during Ambodes era everywhere was smelling because of refuse dumping on every street corner.

Me i will ust advise you leave all these old thieves and stop defending them and focus on your life and that of your children to give them a better future.

They themselves know that is why they dont let thier children live in Nigeria but bring them abroad for a better quality of life while they come in and out every weekend or month.

Stop comparing Nigeria with highly and long time rich countries like US and UK.

Even if our resources are being used honestly, it will take us decades to ever get near 10% of their development indices.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by saintruky(m): 9:42am On Jun 01, 2022
Nonybb:
And Lagos is still a slum

If u call lagos slum... Wetin u go call my Delta state when dey collect highest federal allocation?

Yet some idiots go come here dey praise d delta governor... Road master indeed... Rubbish...

Kudos to Udom jor... Governor when sabi...

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by lilmaydee(m): 9:42am On Jun 01, 2022
I don't know about other states but of a truth, Akwa Ibom is the best when it comes to road. Even villages have tarred roads, clean, and spacious enough. Their governors have really tried for them in that aspect.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:42am On Jun 01, 2022
ashawopikin:
This will pave way for real tourism and development
thats the plan

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by lolu2019: 9:42am On Jun 01, 2022
Belleful:

Why re u not calling out the present governor of Ogun state? Have he tarred all the roads in Ogun to everyone's doorstep?
And how much re u being paid for hating tinubu?
I don't hate tinubu. I am only criticising him.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by aniblue(m): 9:44am On Jun 01, 2022
When it comes to road projects and industries, Udom is doing wonders , even in inner villages, swampy areas, forest, you'll pass through solid constructed roads, it's massive, I root Udom for VP, he's also very efficient in economics, he's an accountant, a director of Zenith bank within and across Nigeria.....
God bless Akwa Ibom State.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:45am On Jun 01, 2022
BlackBaron:
This is one of the best roads I've seen in Nigeria, lush greenery and with road markings.

Watch Tayo Aina's video on that state. Akwa Ibom is lovely and peaceful. I'd easily find myself living there.
you are welcome in advance
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by ZombieSlaughter: 9:45am On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:
kindly come and visit Akwa ibom ..

Where can I get pretty ladies to spend time with in Akwa Ibom?

I usually go to Calabar during Donald duke's time and Imoke's time to cool off during my leave. Stayed at Paladium around Mary Slessor junction Unical, visited Old pre-colonial parks and buildings. Night life was good then but I heard Ayade don scatter everything now and cultists have taken over night life in Calabar.

Tell me about Akwa Ibom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:47am On Jun 01, 2022
gonkin:
The kind of road that makes you want to floor the pedal.
I'm definitely gonna break record on this. Cuz Naija Road u can't reach 180 any more cuz of ditches and bumps on the highway
exactly .. I raddled my ZDX Acura on this road at a regular ..
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:48am On Jun 01, 2022
tonyashburton:
I'm going there next weekend.
you are welcome in advance
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by tollyboy5(m): 9:49am On Jun 01, 2022
Corporate2020:

Let's assume you are not on drugs. But how come most of your state indegenes working as housemaids in Lagos while the rest are sleeping under Lagos bridges after selling Gala and La Casera inside Lagos holdups? Or have you seen any Lagos indegene sleeping under bridges in your state?
You're very stvpid he's Yoruba and I'm a Lagos native. Ani o stvpid se!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:50am On Jun 01, 2022
Samakus:

Which part of Etinan is this?

I served in Etinan some time back
Iman Ibom community
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by kingyakos: 9:50am On Jun 01, 2022
Jaymoney5000:
No mind am,well let me say this I simply hate Tinubu cos he has stole alot from Nigeria and he's one of the Brains behind Nigeria's problems today & still wants to be president...Greed is Bad.

Bros u no hate that theif like me, i feel like wiping away all the people supporting that Lagos octopus.
There's no nation in the world that power can be given to such person who stole such billions from the government and still expect the same government to give him power.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:51am On Jun 01, 2022
Okarakwu:
Very beautiful but what I don't like is that na so so keke and okada go full the beautiful road ....you can count no of cars on the road .
the are cars bro
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

You cant name just one.

Who told you that there are not long stretches of road in Lagos. That is why we laugh when you guys hype the unhypeable.

I live in USA. The roads are tarred to your doorstep. I mean to your very doorstep. You can drive interstate for 20 hours without seeing one pot hole not to talk of bad road.

Every street in Lagos ought to be tarred. Apart from that there are thousands of untarred major roads in Lagos. Go around your state bro. Lagos is not just mainland LGA and Island.

When Ameachi called Lagos a glorified slum you think he did not know what he was saying?

I was once on the Tinubu/ Lagos is the greatest hype train until i went to other states and travelled out. I became depressed for a while just knowing our lives were substandard. Its not about having money.

The last time i was in Lagos during Ambodes era everywhere was smelling because of refuse dumping on every street corner.

Me i will ust advise you leave all these old thieves and stop defending them and focus on your life and that of your children to give them a better future.

They themselves know that is why they dont let thier children live in Nigeria but bring them abroad for a better quality of life while they come in and out every weekend or month.

Spare the foool, they keep campaigning for bad leaders. It's a pity that all the available aspirants do not have positive minds for Nigeria, just selfish interest.

Should we be talking about roads by this time? Was shocked to see that people still purchase water to take their bath.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by sogodihno: 9:53am On Jun 01, 2022
kingyakos:

Go and sit down!
You are very stupid, imagine this tinubu rabbis attacking somebody who air out his view.
You just jump into abuse without reading through the lines of this thread just because his view doesn't favour your god tinubu.
Just getout of this thread.

That must be your father that fail to train you
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by kingyakos: 9:53am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

Na you and your papa wey dey piss for body for public na him him brain don damage.

No mind that useless idiot with him rotten teeth papa
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by SambankmanFried: 9:53am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

You cant name just one.

the billions hitech collected to build that unstable lekki epe express that you cannot speed even with the toll gate on it

compare that road to abak ikot ekpene rd or ikot ekpene uyo rd in akwa ibom where u can drive a ferrari at top speed,
Uyo remains one of the few places in nigeria you can own a very low car and drive around comfortably
one of the few states you can move around town without seeing a pot hole
the aka rd from plaza to eket all smooth
lagos should start patronising berger more for quality roads

lagosians are living in hell

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:53am On Jun 01, 2022
cosmos1440:

Yet a lot of young men and young women from Akwa-Ibom state came in large mumbers to Lagos to work as houseboys and housegirls when Tinubu was governor .

Shey Tinubu's nightmare no go kill you like this ?
the guy you are quoting is not from Akwa ibom and next time use your senses before typing ok
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:54am On Jun 01, 2022
victorazy:

I hear say witches plenty there.
and you still believe .. you call my hand .. so if the say all yorubas are skull miners you go still believe?
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by poiZon: 9:54am On Jun 01, 2022
Throwback:

You are obviously speaking out of ignorance.

I remember seeing roads like this during Tinubu's tenure.

He started the cobble stone roads allover Victoria Island in a road resurfacing drive, to help cater to the beach soil condition in that area. I remember Akin Adesola Str, Adeola Odeku Str, Ajose Adeogun Str as some of those touched. I remember how marveled I was at the quality of the job done while internship hunting in 2007.

On the mainland, he also revamped Oba Akran Road in Ikeja which was my daily route to school in the early 2000's, Oregun Road (Kudirat Abiola), Ijeshatedo Road in Surulere where I sat for my JAMB UME in the early 2000's also, are some of the many roads that featured in his achievements leading to re-election in 2003.

Funny you should mention Power as a priority.

Guess who tried to overdo himself to ensure there was private power generation in Lagos when others still waited on the federal government?

It was Tinubu who had that foresight and engaged Enron to come into Nigeria to develop Power generation for Lagos State, but the Obasanjo/PDP led federal government would not allow an opposition party Governor ridicule the federal government by succeeding where they had every intention to fail. So they frustrated the initiative.

Tinubu had many firsts that went beyond roads and power, but also simple governance initiatives like returning all missionary schools siezed by the 1979 to 1983 class of democratic state governments and better manage the true public schools, to initiatives and ideas about State vs Federal Government power separation.

Lagos State under Tinubu became the template to be copied by other states who needed to setup State agencies to better deliver and manage public service to the citizenry.

All the mentioned and more are the reasons why I wholly believe that Nigeria should give the city boy a chance to lead Nigeria.
So after obasanjo left and tinubu left, he couldn't tell his sugar boys to build power plants in lagos state?
16yrs after no single power plant..
Meanwhile akwaibom built one and is expanding on the current structure.
Una too dey use primordial sentiments to cover up for people's failure.
Show me documents that FG failed to approve Lagos state govt's request to build power plants?

No be only enron..

Enron duty was to loot.. U can't imagine billions that was embezzled using Enron..
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by saintkeppy(m): 9:55am On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:
More from African facts https://twitter.com/africafactszone/status/1531733793207463936?s=21&t=TVnNUuCFCsu5-qP_dspbsA

A village called Etinan in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.

Akwa Ibom State is the cleanest state in Nigeria.

I appreciate the road, starting from the new flyover straght to Etinan Town &from there to Ndon Eyo a village in Onna LGA, the Governor's LGA.
Etinan is not a village but a Town, a Local Government Headquater itself, its one of the oldest&first 10 sets of Local Government Areas when Akwa Ibom State was created out of Cross River State on 23rd September,1987. So Please edit your post

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

10 States In Nigeria Where Pidgin-English Is Most Spoken (written In Pidgin) / Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). / ₦38,000 Per Night Guest House With 77 Lions In South Africa(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.