Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos (79012 Views)

Photos Of The New Uyo-Ikot Ekpene Road: Akwa Ibom & Good Roads Na 5&6 / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana / Woman Crashes Her Toyota Land Cruiser On Lagos Bridge, Blocks Half Of Road. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by BenklinsJones(m): 9:05am On Jun 01, 2022
Throwback:

When you say built, you need to remember that Lagos is both a state and a city. It is a megalopolis and cannot be compared to states that need to connect their different villages together.

Tell me the part of Lagos that needs such a long stretch of newly built road without any sign of human existence along the stretch?

What a megalopolis Lagos needs is maintenance and expansion for the existing roads as was done for Lekki-Epe expressway, and new bridges and flyovers to ease bottlenecks and cut down travel time, and such were done in Tinubu's regime also.

Inner access roads including those that were never previously tarred continue to get attention from all the previous governors of Lagos, including Tinubu.

Lagos is a Dirty over hyped state..

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by redcliff: 9:06am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

You cant name just one.

Who told you that there are not long stretches of road in Lagos. That is why we laugh when you guys hype the unhypeable.

I live in USA. The roads are tarred to your doorstep. I mean to your very doorstep. You can drive interstate for 20 hours without seeing one pot hole not to talk of bad road.

Every street in Lagos ought to be tarred. Apart from that there are thousands of untarred major roads in Lagos. Go around your state bro. Lagos is not just mainland LGA and Island.

When Ameachi called Lagos a glorified slum you think he did not know what he was saying?

I was once on the Tinubu/ Lagos is the greatest hype train until i went to other states and travelled out. I became depressed for a while just knowing our lives were substandard. Its not about having money.

The last time i was in Lagos during Ambodes era everywhere was smelling because of refuse dumping on every street corner.

Me i will ust advise you leave all these old thieves and stop defending them and focus on your life and that of your children to give them a better future.

They themselves know that is why they dont let thier children live in Nigeria but bring them abroad for a better quality of life while they come in and out every weekend or month.

I swear Lagos is overhyped. Even Jos has more tarred roads on local level than "almighty lagos". Most of the north, even poor north, has more tarred roads than lagos. you will be shocked.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by FireUpNow(m): 9:08am On Jun 01, 2022
Enjoy your sexy roads in the village.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by gonkin(m): 9:08am On Jun 01, 2022
The kind of road that makes you want to floor the pedal.
I'm definitely gonna break record on this. Cuz Naija Road u can't reach 180 any more cuz of ditches and bumps on the highway

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Bbbwings: 9:08am On Jun 01, 2022
Throwback:

[s] You are obviously speaking out of ignorance.

I remember seeing roads like this during Tinubu's tenure.

He started the cobble stone roads allover Victoria Island in a road resurfacing drive, to help cater to the beach soil condition in that area. I remember Akin Adesola Str, Adeola Odeku Str, Ajose Adeogun Str as some of those touched. I remember how marveled I was at the quality of the job done while internship hunting in 2007.

On the mainland, he also revamped Oba Akran Road in Ikeja which was my daily route to school in the early 2000's, Oregun Road (Kudirat Abiola), Ijeshatedo Road in Surulere where I sat for my JAMB UME in the early 2000's also, are some of the many roads that featured in his achievements leading to re-election in 2003.

Funny you should mention Power as a priority.

Guess who tried to overdo himself to ensure there was private power generation in Lagos when others still waited on the federal government?

It was Tinubu who had that foresight and engaged Enron to come into Nigeria to develop Power generation for Lagos State, but the Obasanjo/PDP led federal government would not allow an opposition party Governor ridicule the federal government by succeeding where they had every intention to fail. So they frustrated the initiative.

Tinubu had many firsts that went beyond roads and power, but also simple governance initiatives like returning all missionary schools siezed by the 1979 to 1983 class of democratic state governments and better manage the true public schools, to initiatives and ideas about State vs Federal Government power separation.

Lagos State under Tinubu became the template to be copied by other states who needed to setup State agencies to better deliver and manage public service to the citizenry.

All the mentioned and more are the reasons why I wholly believe that Nigeria should give the city boy a chance to lead Nigeria. [/s]

Rubbish
Lagos is a dirty slum

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Donnybill(m): 9:08am On Jun 01, 2022
Enugu is in Botswana?Ilaumoh post=113356639]More from African facts https://twitter.com/africafactszone/status/1531733793207463936?s=21&t=TVnNUuCFCsu5-qP_dspbsA

A village called Etinan in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.

Akwa Ibom State is the cleanest state in Nigeria.

Mynd44, Lalasticlala front page [/quote]
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by tonyashburton: 9:09am On Jun 01, 2022
I'm going there next weekend.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by MSesan: 9:09am On Jun 01, 2022
Nonybb:
And Lagos is still a slum

People from other states made it a slum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by AminuRano87(m): 9:09am On Jun 01, 2022
Udom is VP material if PDP are serious.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:10am On Jun 01, 2022
GreyLaw:

Bro, Lagos is a huge slum. And I say this with a lot of respect for thr state. I love Lagos, but it's true to tell the truth. The state cannot co pare with any (not even one) of the developed cities in the world. Even in Africa, Lagos cannot compare with Algiers, Jo'burg, Cairo, Tunis, Dakar, and maybe even Abidjan.

I hope Nigerians get it right. Each time people praise the leaders of Lagos, even when the same city was capital of the Imperial government plus capital city till 1991. Most of the roads in Lagos were built before some of these people were born, but children of today turn around and give the credit to thieves.
Yet, you people continue to be obsessed with lagos. You can't make Ur money anywhere else unless you come to Lagos. Hundreds of thousands of ur brothers and sisters troop into lagos daily, leeching on the poor state and overstretching it's meagre resources and infrastructure. Give to Lagos the population of those cities you mentioned up there and see how lagos automatically transform into a modern sane city.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by DimIsaac10(m): 9:10am On Jun 01, 2022
Let me not say anything but let's just stop deceiving ourselves.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Okunga: 9:11am On Jun 01, 2022
Enumerator:
So because one girl with yam leg take pics on the road na why you dey call am sexy road undecided

I know say poverty don make your brain dey malfunction but keep typing… Dunce

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by RPG2020(m): 9:11am On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:

Very well yes

even Aso Rock security nor dey

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Samakus(m): 9:11am On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:
More from African facts https://twitter.com/africafactszone/status/1531733793207463936?s=21&t=TVnNUuCFCsu5-qP_dspbsA

Mynd44, Lalasticlala front page

Which part of Etinan is this?

I served in Etinan some time back

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by OBALOLA55(m): 9:11am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

Na you and your papa wey dey piss for body for public na him him brain don damage.
AH AH! OTIPOJU NOW grin
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Okarakwu: 9:12am On Jun 01, 2022
Very beautiful but what I don't like is that na so so keke and okada go full the beautiful road ....you can count no of cars on the road .
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by GreyLaw(m): 9:13am On Jun 01, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Yet, you people continue to be obsessed with lagos. You can't make Ur money anywhere else unless you come to Lagos. Hundreds of thousands of ur brothers and sisters troop into lagos daily, leeching on the poor state and overstretching it's meagre resources and infrastructure. Give to Lagos the population of those cities you mentioned up there and see how lagos automatically transform into a modern sane city.

I was talking to a sane person. Millions of Nigerians are making money in other states. You speak like an unschooled and poorly traveled person. People visit or stay I Lagos by virtue of necessity. Maybe one day some idiots would also blame people for living in Abuja.

Please don't quite me with nonsense. Some of us are above that "your brothers, your brothers" rubbish. Please stay away!

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 9:14am On Jun 01, 2022
Throwback:

You are obviously speaking out of ignorance.

I remember seeing roads like this during Tinubu's tenure.

He started the cobble stone roads allover Victoria Island in a road resurfacing drive, to help cater to the beach soil condition in that area. I remember Akin Adesola Str, Adeola Odeku Str, Ajose Adeogun Str as some of those touched. I remember how marveled I was at the quality of the job done while internship hunting in 2007.

On the mainland, he also revamped Oba Akran Road in Ikeja which was my daily route to school in the early 2000's, Oregun Road (Kudirat Abiola), Ijeshatedo Road in Surulere where I sat for my JAMB UME in the early 2000's also, are some of the many roads that featured in his achievements leading to re-election in 2003.

Funny you should mention Power as a priority.

Guess who tried to overdo himself to ensure there was private power generation in Lagos when others still waited on the federal government?

It was Tinubu who had that foresight and engaged Enron to come into Nigeria to develop Power generation for Lagos State, but the Obasanjo/PDP led federal government would not allow an opposition party Governor ridicule the federal government by succeeding where they had every intention to fail. So they frustrated the initiative.

Tinubu had many firsts that went beyond roads and power, but also simple governance initiatives like returning all missionary schools siezed by the 1979 to 1983 class of democratic state governments and better manage the true public schools, to initiatives and ideas about State vs Federal Government power separation.

Lagos State under Tinubu became the template to be copied by other states who needed to setup State agencies to better deliver and manage public service to the citizenry.

All the mentioned and more are the reasons why I wholly believe that Nigeria should give the city boy a chance to lead Nigeria.

God bless you

God bless out incoming President of Nigeria comes 2023, we await the APC Presidential candidate
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Bbbwings: 9:15am On Jun 01, 2022
MSesan:

People from other states made it a slum
People from other states made the igr humongous
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by bonnyhope: 9:15am On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:
Akwa Ibom and Europe standard of Road na 5&6 .. photos .. Udom Emmanuel may your days be long ..

Akwa Ibom and building sexy road inside the village and J. Berger finishing work na 5&6
Etinan LGA pictures.

https://twitter.com/victoremah/status/1531537607380938752?s=21&t=TVnNUuCFCsu5-qP_dspbsA

Lagos should learn how to build roads

Over 70% of Lagos Roads flooded when it rains and pot holes everywhere causing traffic jam

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Bbbwings: 9:16am On Jun 01, 2022
Okarakwu:
Very beautiful but what I don't like is that na so so keke and okada go full the beautiful road ....you can count no of cars on the road .
YoI u way una get car una get good road.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by cosmos1440: 9:16am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:
I dont remember seeing anything like this during Tinubu's tenure.

Good paved Roads are the bare minimum that government should provide for its citizens.

Power is next on the priority list.

Yet a lot of young men and young women from Akwa-Ibom state came in large mumbers to Lagos to work as houseboys and housegirls when Tinubu was governor .

Shey Tinubu's nightmare no go kill you like this ?
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Belleful: 9:16am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

You cant name just one.

Who told you that there are not long stretches of road in Lagos. That is why we laugh when you guys hype the unhypeable.

I live in USA. The roads are tarred to your doorstep. I mean to your very doorstep. You can drive interstate for 20 hours without seeing one pot hole not to talk of bad road.

Every street in Lagos ought to be tarred. Apart from that there are thousands of untarred major roads in Lagos. Go around your state bro. Lagos is not just mainland LGA and Island.

When Ameachi called Lagos a glorified slum you think he did not know what he was saying?

I was once on the Tinubu/ Lagos is the greatest hype train until i went to other states and travelled out. I became depressed for a while just knowing our lives were substandard. Its not about having money.

The last time i was in Lagos during Ambodes era everywhere was smelling because of refuse dumping on every street corner.

Me i will ust advise you leave all these old thieves and stop defending them and focus on your life and that of your children to give them a better future.

They themselves know that is why they dont let thier children live in Nigeria but bring them abroad for a better quality of life while they come in and out every weekend or month.

Why don't u focused on ur life in the sweet USA and stop having BP over tinubu and Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by victorazy(m): 9:16am On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:
kindly come and visit Akwa ibom ..

I hear say witches plenty there.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Jeffyblaq(m): 9:18am On Jun 01, 2022
Please y'all be informed..

Stupid lies will not do us any good..

Cheers!
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Gfrank07: 9:18am On Jun 01, 2022
Meanwhile, your people still they flung into this so called slum to come hustle to make ends meet...quote author=Nonybb post=113356822]And Lagos is still a slum[/quote]
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Bbbwings: 9:18am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

Before Tinbu there were tarred roads in lagos. Calling him the architect of modern lagos for facilities and roads that existed even before he was born forgetting that Lagos was once the seat if the colonial government and capital of nigeria until 1991.

It is what makes people like us laugh. Because we cannot see the government impact on the environment. Lagos is not modern in any sense.

There is no steady power, no pipe borne water into homes, no new state of the art hospitals built by government, no new University, no mass housing estates like Jakande LSDPC, no new stadium or recreation centers, no 4th Mainland bridge....in spite of the big IGR and Federal allocation.

If dem manage build one road...they will start tolling people for it even after they have paid their tax.

Brother forget all the propaganda ojare. Nothing spectacular about Lagos .

The one thing Tinubu is good at doing is converting public owned properties to his own use. He is an expert on that. A stupid thief.

Tell them brother

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by lolu2019: 9:19am On Jun 01, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Tinubu is not my choice, but if he gets it, no wahala.

Listen the population of Lagos is presently close to or over 30 million people. Do you know what this is? And if you check...people from even Akwa Ibom are many. How many people are in this your state...maybe only 1000 people will use this road per week. Go to Lagos and find put the number of people using newly constructed roads daily. Show respect.

You people should think na. How do you expect the facilities in Lagos to last long? The pressure is too much. But that Lagos is maintaining everything is still ok. Though, they are also looting seriously. In fact, they want the whole Nigeria to move to Lagos so they can keep making money.

I appreciate the pictures, but don't ever compare this city to Lagos. Never in your life.

Do you know the meaning of 2 international airports and 3 seaports in a city? Are you really kidding me? Do you know what that is? You wan dey compare this place to Lagos. If we check well, its only this place that may be beautiful in that place. How much is this? The whole of this project is a chicken change. Oga, go and try get the cost of turning a part of an ocean to a city? Go get the cost of Eko Atlantic and then you will bury your head in shame. Go and find the value of the whole of the buildings in Banana Island and you will never talk in your life again.

Do you think the US and other western world embassies associating with Tinubu are doing it for fun? Who even know this Buhari sef? After his tenure, he is going into permanent seclusion from the whole society. I want to see who will give him appointment like Jonathan Goodluck and OBJ. This Buhari is going back to his cows cos he has no functioning brain.

Lagos is 1 000 years ahead of this city. Be respectful. Will you shut up?
mumu like u.when orna go siddon for one place.the project I was working on at Akwa ibom(ibeno) was actually an ocean turned into land.the building was full of cast iron.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by brightDdon(m): 9:19am On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:
More from African facts https://twitter.com/africafactszone/status/1531733793207463936?s=21&t=TVnNUuCFCsu5-qP_dspbsA

Mynd44, Lalasticlala front page

Etinan is an LGA in Akwa Ibom State

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Bbbwings: 9:20am On Jun 01, 2022
Belleful:

Why don't u focused on ur life in the sweet USA and stop having BP over tinubu and Lagos?
Shame no catch you
See road na
Make we no lie
Akwa ibom is the finest state in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Livadesh: 9:20am On Jun 01, 2022
I live in USA. The roads are tarred to your doorstep. I mean to your very doorstep.
[/quote]
What exactly is your bone of contention?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

10 States In Nigeria Where Pidgin-English Is Most Spoken (written In Pidgin) / Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). / ₦38,000 Per Night Guest House With 77 Lions In South Africa(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.