Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos (78975 Views)

Photos Of The New Uyo-Ikot Ekpene Road: Akwa Ibom & Good Roads Na 5&6 / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana / Woman Crashes Her Toyota Land Cruiser On Lagos Bridge, Blocks Half Of Road. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by anonimi: 8:54am On Jun 01, 2022
ogwumgbe:
The man is truly a leadership guru but Nigeria is more complex than Lagos

Are you not confusing leadership with lootership
What has ThiefNuibu done with the mega increase in IGR since 1999, apart from stealing?

eluquenson:
REVISITING SOME OF THE LATEEF JAKANDE'S GOVERNMENT ACHIEVEMENTS FROM OCTOBER 1979 TO DECEMBER 1983 (FOUR YEARS AND 3 MONTHS) IN LAGOS STATE

* His government built the current Lagos State Secretariat which houses all the state ministries as well as the popular round house hitherto occupied by all subsequent governors of the state.

* His government built the Lagos State House of Assembly complex.

* His government built the Lagos State Television

* His government built the Lagos Radio

* His government built Lagos State University

* His government established General Hospital in zones all over the state with assurance of free health care.

* His government established Teacher Training College and the College of Education.

* His government built low cost houses in Ijaiye, Dolphin, Oke-Afa, Ije, Abesan, Iponri, Ipaja, Abule Nla, Epe, Amuwo-Odofin, Anikantamo, Surulere, Iba, Ikorodu, Badagry, Isheri/Olowu, Orisigun etc.

* His government established the Water Management Board and Waste Disposal Board on the 18th of August, 1980.

* His government constructed the Adiyan Water Works to increase water supply in the state to 18.16 million litres per day.

* His government modernized and expanded the Iju Water Works which was first commissioned in 1915. This increased daily capacity from 159 million to 204 million litres per day.

* His government purchased and commissioned the giant car crusher equipment. The equipment was designed specifically to crush derelict vehicles in Lagos State. It had the capacity to crush 45 vehicles per day.

* His government constructed, rehabilitated and resurfaced Epe/Ijebu-Ode Road, Oba Akran Avenue, Toyin Street, Town Planning Way, Alimosho-Idimu-Egbe Road, Idimu-Iba-LASU Road, the new secretariat road and several others.

* His government constructed Victoria Island/Epe Road and thereby creating an ‘oil rig’ for Lagos State.

* His government established Asphalt Plant for the Department of Public Works.

* His government established Electricity Board for Rural Electrification with provision of street lights.

* His government modernized, expanded and commissioned Onikan Stadium in 1982.

* His government established a singular school system and ensured genuine free education in Lagos State and the beneficiaries of this policy are in different positions of eminence in the country and around the world.

* His government raised the primary schools in Lagos State to 812 with 533,001 pupils (against 605 primary schools with 434,545 pupils he met in 1979) and secondary schools to 223 with 167,629 students (against 105 schools with 107,835 students in 1979).

* His government constructed 11, 729 classrooms with the maximum of 40 children per class between March and August 1980, by 1983, he had constructed over 22,000 classrooms.

* In July 1983, two commercial passenger boats christened "Baba Kekere and Itafaji" to run the Mile 2 - Marina (CMS) route via the lagoons were inaugurated by his government to mark the official launch of the Lagos State ferry services.

* His government took over the ownership and financing of Lagos State Printing Corporation in July 1980

* His government established the first State Traffic Management Authority (Road Marshals).

* His government established small scale Industries Credit Scheme which preceded the EKO bank.

*His government established LASACO Insurance.

*His government expanded existing market and built new ones.

*His government established Traditional Medicine Board.

WHO SAYS 4 YEARS IN OFFICE IS NOT ENOUGH FOR MEANINGFUL ACHIEVEMENTS?

IT'S A FACT THAT 90% OF GOVERNORS IN NIGERIA SINCE 1999 WITH REVENUES AT THEIR DISPOSAL CANNOT BOAST OF A QUARTER OF THESE ACHIEVEMENTS EVEN WITHIN THEIR EIGHT YEARS IN OFFICE.

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 8:56am On Jun 01, 2022
Advocate500:
I have interacted with so many akwaibomit ,their accounts of udom administration is not always pleasant, but his nairaland supporters keep giving us a different angle.
Cos you keep meeting the lazy ones that want Udom to share money like Akpabio did.. kindly ask them who build these infrastructure you are seeing now

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Viridis(m): 8:56am On Jun 01, 2022
I go leave move to akwa ibom b that nah this kind thing I de like

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by jurjes(f): 8:56am On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:
More from African facts https://twitter.com/africafactszone/status/1531733793207463936?s=21&t=TVnNUuCFCsu5-qP_dspbsA

A village called Etinan in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.

Akwa Ibom State is the cleanest state in Nigeria.

Mynd44, Lalasticlala front page

Etinan is not a village, it's a full local government area. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by LastProphet: 8:57am On Jun 01, 2022
Throwback:

You are obviously speaking out of ignorance.

I remember seeing roads like this during Tinubu's tenure.

He started the cobble stone roads allover Victoria Island in a road resurfacing drive, to help cater to the beach soil condition in that area. I remember Akin Adesola Str, Adeola Odeku Str, Ajose Adeogun Str as some of those touched. I remember how marveled I was at the quality of the job done while internship hunting in 2007.

On the mainland, he also revamped Oba Akran Road in Ikeja which was my daily route to school in the early 2000's, Oregun Road (Kudirat Abiola), Ijeshatedo Road in Surulere where I sat for my JAMB UME in the early 2000's also, are some of the many roads that featured in his achievements leading to re-election in 2003.

Funny you should mention Power as a priority.

Guess who tried to overdo himself to ensure there was private power generation in Lagos when others still waited on the federal government?

It was Tinubu who had that foresight and engaged Enron to come into Nigeria to develop Power generation for Lagos State, but the Obasanjo/PDP led federal government would not allow an opposition party Governor ridicule the federal government by succeeding where they had every intention to fail. So they frustrated the initiative.

Tinubu had many firsts that went beyond roads and power, but also simple governance initiatives like returning all missionary schools siezed by the 1979 to 1983 class of democratic state governments and better manage the true public schools, to initiatives and ideas about State vs Federal Government power separation.

Lagos State under Tinubu became the template to be copied by other states who needed to setup State agencies to better deliver and manage public service to the citizenry.

All the mentioned and more are the reasons why I wholly believe that Nigeria should give the city boy a chance to lead Nigeria.

Tinubu was an achiever, to even identify Fashola as a successor to me was his greatest achievement because it showed where he wanted Lagos to get to. Tinubu is farrrrrrr better than Atiku

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by DamianX: 8:57am On Jun 01, 2022
Olasimpson:

No state can be compared with Lagos in terms of road infrastructure as of today. U wan check am ??

Lagos is the product of All Nigeria make una no use other shareholders property Dy talk.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Thinkfree(m): 8:57am On Jun 01, 2022
Here in Benue our governor is chasing fulani for past 7-years.

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by lolu2019: 8:57am On Jun 01, 2022
Throwback:

I have told you many roads that were expanded and revamped during the regime of Tinubu, and those are just roads on which I had personal experiences. I am not a government agent to reel out the roll call of roads that were done in areas you would have preferred.

Good you mentioned Ambode and refuse, as waste management was one of the decisions he took that alienated him from the local politics that eventually saw him losing the support of the grassroots politicians that would have aided his return for a 2nd term.

I have been to other states and cities in Nigeria. I don't currently live in Lagos, but I do not see anything better in the very urban city I currently reside that is better than Lagos.

Everyone knows that every street is not tarred in Lagos or any other state in Nigeria.

I am only saying that you cannot use a yardstick of long expressway that is being recently achieved by a previously arid state in Nigeria to compare to a megalopolis Lagos that has already achieved such road networks decades ago.

If another arid state in Nigeria begin to implement such infrastructure as this one in Akwa-Ibom decades from now, would you then berate Akwa-Ibom government for not having a comparable newly built road even when such had long been achieved as celebrated now?
oga,can't u read.I live in Lagos.dis guy said every roads need to be tarred to ur doorstep. how much is tinubu paying u for defending him gan.go to Ogun state, and look at Awolowo projects. all roads are being tarred to ur doorstep. I mean every corner.I am from Ikenne.I am telling u fact.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:
I dont remember seeing anything like this during Tinubu's tenure.

Good paved Roads are the bare minimum that government should provide for its citizens.

Power is next on the priority list.
Tinubu is not my choice, but if he gets it, no wahala.

Listen the population of Lagos is presently close to or over 30 million people. Do you know what this is? And if you check...people from even Akwa Ibom are many. How many people are in this your state...maybe only 1000 people will use this road per week. Go to Lagos and find put the number of people using newly constructed roads daily. Show respect.

You people should think na. How do you expect the facilities in Lagos to last long? The pressure is too much. But that Lagos is maintaining everything is still ok. Though, they are also looting seriously. In fact, they want the whole Nigeria to move to Lagos so they can keep making money.

I appreciate the pictures, but don't ever compare this city to Lagos. Never in your life.

Do you know the meaning of 2 international airports and 3 seaports in a city? Are you really kidding me? Do you know what that is? You wan dey compare this place to Lagos. If we check well, its only this place that may be beautiful in that place. How much is this? The whole of this project is a chicken change. Oga, go and try get the cost of turning a part of an ocean to a city? Go get the cost of Eko Atlantic and then you will bury your head in shame. Go and find the value of the whole of the buildings in Banana Island and you will never talk in your life again.

Do you think the US and other western world embassies associating with Tinubu are doing it for fun? Who even know this Buhari sef? After his tenure, he is going into permanent seclusion from the whole society. I want to see who will give him appointment like Jonathan Goodluck and OBJ. This Buhari is going back to his cows cos he has no functioning brain.

Lagos is 1 000 years ahead of this city. Be respectful. Will you shut up?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by lolu2019: 8:58am On Jun 01, 2022
LastProphet:

Tinubu was an achiever, to even identify Fashola as a successor to me was his greatest achievement because it showed where he wanted Lagos to get to. Tinubu is farrrrrrr better than Atiku
who is atiku
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by 07kjb: 8:58am On Jun 01, 2022
This is good

But this things are the basics of government

The European countries have gone past this level since 150years ago

No road should be untarred in Nigeria by now if the country had worked
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:59am On Jun 01, 2022
I only see picture quality, when you get there now, those trees will be like rough coil

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Timmi: 8:59am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

Good paved Roads are the bare minimum that government should provide for its citizens.

You can’t see road in Lagos Mr. Otipoju because the mountain in front of you ( yansh) is bigger and higher than the road ahead of you.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Osanoghodua1: 8:59am On Jun 01, 2022
Obaseki is a wrong choice. He is just full of himself.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by pannyman(m): 9:00am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

You cant name just one.

Who told you that there are not long stretches of road in Lagos. That is why we laugh when you guys hype the unhypeable.

I live in USA. The roads are tarred to your doorstep. I mean to your very doorstep. You can drive interstate for 20 hours without seeing one pot hole not to talk of bad road.

Every street in Lagos ought to be tarred. Apart from that there are thousands of untarred major roads in Lagos. Go around your state bro. Lagos is not just mainland LGA and Island.

When Ameachi called Lagos a glorified slum you think he did not know what he was saying?

I was once on the Tinubu/ Lagos is the greatest hype train until i went to other states and travelled out. I became depressed for a while just knowing our lives were substandard. Its not about having money.

The last time i was in Lagos during Ambodes era everywhere was smelling because of refuse dumping on every street corner.

Me i will ust advise you leave all these old thieves and stop defending them and focus on your life and that of your children to give them a better future.

They themselves know that is why they dont let thier children live in Nigeria but bring them abroad for a better quality of life while they come in and out every weekend or month.

I agree with you totally, and I understand all you said about the untarred roads in Lagos. Lagos is such an eyesore whenever one sees it from the air when coming from abroad. There is still so much work to be done in the state to modernise it.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Sijo01(f): 9:01am On Jun 01, 2022
I make bold to say that no where in the whole of Benin City can boast of this type of road.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by sogodihno: 9:01am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

Na you and your papa wey dey piss for body for public na him him brain don damage.

We are talking about Akwa-ibom, you are bringing Tinubu to it? Tinubu is not the cause of your great poverty and penury, you can just hang yourself, it the pain is unbearable

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 9:02am On Jun 01, 2022
RPG2020:
My question❓ is do they have security there
Very well yes
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by PrinceOfLagos: 9:02am On Jun 01, 2022
And Tinubu will be claiming he developed Lagos

He should come and see what real development means

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by GreyLaw(m): 9:02am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

Before Tinbu there were tarred roads in lagos. Calling him the architect of modern lagos for facilities and roads that existed even before he was born forgetting that Lagos was once the seat if the colonial government and capital of nigeria until 1991.

It is what makes people like us laugh. Because we cannot see the government impact on the environment. Lagos is not modern in any sense.

There is no steady power, no pipe borne water into homes, no new state of the art hospitals built by government, no new University, no mass housing estates like Jakande LSDPC, no new stadium or recreation centers, no 4th Mainland bridge....in spite of the big IGR and Federal allocation.

If dem manage build one road...they will start tolling people for it even after they have paid their tax.

Brother forget all the propaganda ojare. Nothing spectacular about Lagos .

The one thing Tinubu is good at doing is converting public owned properties to his own use. He is an expert on that. A stupid thief.

Bro, Lagos is a huge slum. And I say this with a lot of respect for thr state. I love Lagos, but it's true to tell the truth. The state cannot co pare with any (not even one) of the developed cities in the world. Even in Africa, Lagos cannot compare with Algiers, Jo'burg, Cairo, Tunis, Dakar, and maybe even Abidjan.

I hope Nigerians get it right. Each time people praise the leaders of Lagos, even when the same city was capital of the Imperial government plus capital city till 1991. Most of the roads in Lagos were built before some of these people were born, but children of today turn around and give the credit to thieves.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 01, 2022
DamianX:

Kai Girls from ekiti will do a better work.
Sweet pussy

Gbam.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:03am On Jun 01, 2022
Udom is the only PDP gov I like. Dude doesn't make much noise

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by AmazingELixir: 9:03am On Jun 01, 2022
grin

Nice development....just wondering why Udom Emmanuel got just 38 votes.....the votes that south south and south east governors gave to Atiku...if they had given it to Udom it would have made a modicum of sense.

But then the governor without delegates was busy dancing Buga on the victory podium of Atikulated

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by ashawopikin(m): 9:03am On Jun 01, 2022
This will pave way for real tourism and development

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by naijaguy1234(m): 9:03am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

Tinubu keel you there !
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Aringon(m): 9:04am On Jun 01, 2022
You are sick in the head and stupid from the womb for typing this rubbish about your fellow citizens. If you are called a black monkey you will puff like an over feed monkey. Idiot

Corporate2020:

It has to be. What is the residents population of Akwa Ibom? With 95% of Akwa Ibom indegenes working as house boys and house girls in Lagos, tbe state should be the cleanest on Earth

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by sms4sure(m): 9:04am On Jun 01, 2022
You have problem.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by BlackBaron: 9:04am On Jun 01, 2022
This is one of the best roads I've seen in Nigeria, lush greenery and with road markings.

Watch Tayo Aina's video on that state. Akwa Ibom is lovely and peaceful. I'd easily find myself living there.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). / The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / ₦38,000 Per Night Guest House With 77 Lions In South Africa(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.