Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo (115250 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die / The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) / Bishop Abioye In Winners Chapel's Jet Enroute A Mission Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by jojothaiv(m): 6:50am On Jun 06, 2022
Prosperous111:

Everyone is getting my word wrong and putting it in a wrong view.
I don’t care or value your thoughts so far I’ve said the truth as it should

In this hope, I strive always to maintain a clear conscience before God and man.
Act 24:16

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by happney65: 6:50am On Jun 06, 2022
See them. See religious people fighting over religion and claiming their own is the best. Kilo kan iru awa yi. grin

Btw,so rightouness or what do he call himself is a member of the lord chosen, No wonder. The lord chosen are the christian version of Boko Haram without bombs or guns. That is what they are. grin
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by Konjiboii: 6:52am On Jun 06, 2022
truthsayer009:

Sorry about your experience, the church is ravaged with this type of attitude, they only respect who brings in money. They would have at least helped her in some way or for. Another reality is that Cancer has no cure especially for stage 4, and most hospitals in Nigeria implement Chemo but don't even do it well enough. I have never heard of anyone who survived cancer in Nigeria.

Perhaps she would have still died,perhaps not.
Their inaction was an eye opener, my mother would sow 95% of her earnings and house feeding money to the church but when it was time to return the gesture it was OYO. I pity people still blinded by all this religious bodies.

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 06, 2022
Surprised
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by Tayorshd2(m): 6:59am On Jun 06, 2022
jimmychang:
For those saying he wasn't a Christian, this is not the first time I have heard something like this.....your idols will call you back to your house....

Everybody is different...Everyone has his own mission.

YES EXACTLY WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT CALLINGS AND DEVINATION FROM HEAVEN ..SOME WILL SUCEED TRUE BABALAWO SOME WILL TRUE PASTOR WHILE SOME IS TRUE IMAM OF A MOSQUE
... IN CONCLUSION DIFFERENT HEAD AND DIFFERET DESTINIES

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by Segxydube: 7:02am On Jun 06, 2022
Small temptation u don run go turn babalawo... Chai

What is even ur motive in becoming a pastor? U made d wrong choice, u forgot d fact dat God will judge us all individually and not based on wot others did to u. Why didnt u change church wen u didn't like wot they did 2 u instead u went back to d devil. That is a great mistake, u beta turn back to God.
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 06, 2022
Jesus the same yesterday, today and forever more..
whether you are in or out,the work of God will not suffer loss and the gate of hell shall not prevail..
But I beg you to save your life from damnation, people are begging God to save them from the darkness you just went to
When things go sore,you will know that "devil only give cap to take away the head"

Sorry for what you've passed through but that's not enough reason to go back.

"No one put hand on the plough and look back"--think about this
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by oluade11: 7:13am On Jun 06, 2022
Men will always be men. Let your focus be Jesus and not men.
Please, don't give up on Jesus.
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by Immorttal: 7:22am On Jun 06, 2022
Beosten:
In my formative years, we were three fiery brothers practising Christianity in Iwo town -- two of us very poor, but with strange will to survive. After secondary education and with nothing to live for, first among us was a talented beggar. As the second guy, my mother is late, and my father's whereabout was unknown. So, the first guy and I were living in one of the three houses I knew belonged to the father of the 3rd guy, but the father didn't care about the 3rd guy, though. The first guy is a genius in gathering monies through request for "urgent 2k" -- we lived on this for years.

Miraculously, I and the 3rd guy obtained degrees in science and administration respectively; the first guy obtained a degree in theology and became the chaplain of a university Chapel.

But those days as a fiery Christian, I lost 40% of my hearing. The last time I visited the first guy of a chaplain, he needed me to source urgent 5k for him. Just this morning, the 3rd guy called me that he has bone fractures and is receiving treatment at the Ogbomosho general hospital. He needs money at least for feeding, but none is forthcoming. Let me add that the first guy is in Baptist, I was in Winners Chapel while the 3rd guy is a Mountain of Fire adherent.

Then I joined the ministry in Winners Chapel. Oratory is still my best physical gift -- those in Winners Chapel Adeeke, Iwo in 2005 will remember me by the name Yinka. I had studied the scriptures from "paali to paali"; prayer sessions I handled those days looked like wartime events. While in the university, I was sent to pastor a new church in another town and did so successfully. But when I started full-time ministry, what you would usually call hosts of hell came banging at my door. They would tell me what would happen the following day and they would come to pass. They would tell me Mr A was at my door while I was still sleeping by 6:30am and that would be so.

Later, those spirits told me why I am on earth, and if I neglect my path, I would regret being born. They said I'm a Babalawo by design. I quickly went on overdrive binding "thoughts that may setup their selves against God's knowledge and every disobedience..." Then I would hear strange laughter of a group of persons suggesting the spirits were many. Then I traveled to see a primary school mate who is making waves as a general overseer of a church. All his prayers or deliverance made no difference.

Then voices started threatening me and commanded me to go to a village whose name I never heard hitherto saying that someone is waiting for me there. I googled the name of the town and I found it. I went there because previous messages didn't fail. I met the person and the priestess gave a stern warning that refusing to work for the gods would be a deadly decision. I accepted the calling right away.

But divination is not that easy to learn. I know someone who spent eight years on it. I became a pro within five months by some rare twists of events and within nine months, I became a full-blown Babalawo.

I'm tempted to say that Christians practice something different from what the Bible taught me. In 2020, my daughter was on life support at Bowen University Teaching Hospital, Ogbomosho. The bills were clearly beyond what my 50k salary could handle. I requested for help from the church hierarchy by calling the district pastor, and he said I should follow a correct route in channelling my request. I replied that I first of all called the area pastor who directed me and gave me his number to call. The district pastor started sounding offensive. That was why I came to nairaland and made a thread for help.

https://www.nairaland.com/5637056/meconium-aspiration-syndrome-baby

A nairalander sent a huge amount of money to me in the following thread to clear hospital bills.

https://www.nairaland.com/5641659/leave-patient-hospital-because-lack#86385594

I tendered a resignation letter in Winners Chapel in 2021 with two weeks notice. Before the notice elapsed and till today, I never heard anything from them about my resignation. But when the district church mistakenly paid a sum of money into my bank account after I had left (that money ought to be sent to the current pastor of the church) I told the accountant and he asked me to refund it immediately. While working there, I never had any history of misconduct. They treated me as though I never existed; that action reduced me to a new low, lower than the basest of animals...

The following advice is indispensable: life is not all about money; you're here on a certain assignment.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5277426729005304&id=100002140864850
I support you with my full chest.

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by Obiorahpcfg: 7:23am On Jun 06, 2022
Thank God, sincerely said why you left Christianity to do Babalawo
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by Immorttal: 7:23am On Jun 06, 2022
Beosten:
In my formative years, we were three fiery brothers practising Christianity in Iwo town -- two of us very poor, but with strange will to survive. After secondary education and with nothing to live for, first among us was a talented beggar. As the second guy, my mother is late, and my father's whereabout was unknown. So, the first guy and I were living in one of the three houses I knew belonged to the father of the 3rd guy, but the father didn't care about the 3rd guy, though. The first guy is a genius in gathering monies through request for "urgent 2k" -- we lived on this for years.

Miraculously, I and the 3rd guy obtained degrees in science and administration respectively; the first guy obtained a degree in theology and became the chaplain of a university Chapel.

But those days as a fiery Christian, I lost 40% of my hearing. The last time I visited the first guy of a chaplain, he needed me to source urgent 5k for him. Just this morning, the 3rd guy called me that he has bone fractures and is receiving treatment at the Ogbomosho general hospital. He needs money at least for feeding, but none is forthcoming. Let me add that the first guy is in Baptist, I was in Winners Chapel while the 3rd guy is a Mountain of Fire adherent.

Then I joined the ministry in Winners Chapel. Oratory is still my best physical gift -- those in Winners Chapel Adeeke, Iwo in 2005 will remember me by the name Yinka. I had studied the scriptures from "paali to paali"; prayer sessions I handled those days looked like wartime events. While in the university, I was sent to pastor a new church in another town and did so successfully. But when I started full-time ministry, what you would usually call hosts of hell came banging at my door. They would tell me what would happen the following day and they would come to pass. They would tell me Mr A was at my door while I was still sleeping by 6:30am and that would be so.

Later, those spirits told me why I am on earth, and if I neglect my path, I would regret being born. They said I'm a Babalawo by design. I quickly went on overdrive binding "thoughts that may setup their selves against God's knowledge and every disobedience..." Then I would hear strange laughter of a group of persons suggesting the spirits were many. Then I traveled to see a primary school mate who is making waves as a general overseer of a church. All his prayers or deliverance made no difference.

Then voices started threatening me and commanded me to go to a village whose name I never heard hitherto saying that someone is waiting for me there. I googled the name of the town and I found it. I went there because previous messages didn't fail. I met the person and the priestess gave a stern warning that refusing to work for the gods would be a deadly decision. I accepted the calling right away.

But divination is not that easy to learn. I know someone who spent eight years on it. I became a pro within five months by some rare twists of events and within nine months, I became a full-blown Babalawo.

I'm tempted to say that Christians practice something different from what the Bible taught me. In 2020, my daughter was on life support at Bowen University Teaching Hospital, Ogbomosho. The bills were clearly beyond what my 50k salary could handle. I requested for help from the church hierarchy by calling the district pastor, and he said I should follow a correct route in channelling my request. I replied that I first of all called the area pastor who directed me and gave me his number to call. The district pastor started sounding offensive. That was why I came to nairaland and made a thread for help.

A nairalander sent a huge amount of money to me in the following thread to clear hospital bills.

I tendered a resignation letter in Winners Chapel in 2021 with two weeks notice. Before the notice elapsed and till today, I never heard anything from them about my resignation. But when the district church mistakenly paid a sum of money into my bank account after I had left (that money ought to be sent to the current pastor of the church) I told the accountant and he asked me to refund it immediately. While working there, I never had any history of misconduct. They treated me as though I never existed; that action reduced me to a new low, lower than the basest of animals...

The following advice is indispensable: life is not all about money; you're here on a certain assignment.

I support you with my full chest. Am glad the veil covering your eyes was removed.
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by derecho(m): 7:32am On Jun 06, 2022
How can we trust you're saying the truth?
In the month of August 2020 you said you were few months in ministry and that you felt God was punishing you for refusing to heed the call.Below is the thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/6056882/god-blame-me-not-telling

So who have you been before then...and all the stories of 2005?

Let me start from here: I have what it takes to be a pastor and I had numerous visions that confirmed my calling. But I have a disability, and I refused to go into pastoral ministry since 2005. I came into the full-time ministry a few months ago. I came into the ministry because it seemed God was the one punishing me for refusing to do the needful.

Then a church member came to me for blessing saying that her child already procured visa to travel out. That was before covid19 break. I prayed for the child. But God revealed to me in a vision at night that the child should not leave Nigeria, and that it will end in tears. I didn't tell them anything about the vision and the child left Nigeria.

The child has just been deported and a lot of money down the drain.

How should a pastor handle this kind of thing without offending those looking for counseling? I will pray for forgiveness, but can God hold me accountable for this error?

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by zinaunreal(m): 7:35am On Jun 06, 2022
Unpaid judges gonna judge. grin
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by phemmyfour: 7:36am On Jun 06, 2022
Beosten:

Which God exactly? Different religions with different Gods but they all refer to the same Satan.
This your new path will lead to destruction, wait until those voices started demanding for sacrifice and blood from you.

Let Jesus be your standard not Winners chapel, the Church isn't perfect but your decision to quit the faith is worse.

We will be here waiting for your book of lamentation by 2024
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by ursullalinda(f): 7:37am On Jun 06, 2022
[quote author=Prosperous111 post=113418129]This matter deep oh

Pastor turn to babaalawo? I no even fit read am all but getting back on this baba alawo path is a self destruct.

You’re only a Christian by face and not at heart. You just go to church and take the pastor work in the name of working to earn for a living.

If you know who Jesus is or you have a personal encounter with him you can never go back into that.

I am not a pastor but I’ve seen the A lot of unworthy miracles happening to me. I have a gift of dreams and sometimes I feel like I have seeing a particular scene before it happened and I can predict what would happened next.

I believe in God and his only son Jesus, even if the whole world said he doesn’t exist I won’t join them because he has a way he communicate with me. Find your way back to Christ he’s the only savior I know

May the lord save your souls and guard you back on the right track! AMEN!!!

Modified!!!

Everyone is getting my word wrong and putting it in a wrong view.

I don’t care or value your thoughts so far I’ve said the truth as it should

Words on marble......nobody who has ever encountered Christ remained the same......I have the gift of dream too and good communication with my maker.......so nothing will make me leave Christ even if the Pope tells me otherwise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by FireUpNow(m): 7:37am On Jun 06, 2022
To eat goats and chickens meant for sacrifice don master this guy before be become pastore jare.
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by handzomee(m): 7:37am On Jun 06, 2022
Mr man,go and sit down,i have seen a babalawo became a pastor, while a pastor became a babalawo,live is a vice versa so don't judge anyone

Righteousness2:
Christianity is not a bed of roses.
The way to Heaven is narrow way. And only few people are on it.
To follow JESUS you need to be ready to " Carry your cross" and follow him.
To Follow JESUS, you need to be Ready to deny yourself and anything or anyone and follow him.

To Genuiely follow JESUS, irrespective of whatever inconveniences and evil that men do to you, you look up to Christ and not to them. Men can fail at anytime! Your Dad, mom, twin or whoever can fail and frustrate you. But in all these you look up to GOD and Depend on him.

JESUS said if you look back from following him, you are not fit for the kingdom.

Christ and babalawo have nothing in common. That is an act of going back to the gods of your father's house

If you are following GOD and you get distracted because of Vanities, what to eat, what to drink, etc , you are not fit for Heaven.

Brother You have missed the track. You have left the narrow way to the broadway.

Don't let anyone Deceive you with gratifications. Eternity is a Personal Race. If you want to be with JESUS, then u need to return back quickly to HIM and ask for Mercy and Forgiveness.

And the Enemies Submitted Program of the Lords Chosen coming up June 11 and 12th in Lagos is an opportunity for you to return to Christ and make Peace with Him.
Do all u can to be there.

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by PlanktonX: 7:38am On Jun 06, 2022
Beosten:

Which God exactly? Different religions with different Gods but they all refer to the same Satan.

Lord have mercy..
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by Seth474: 7:40am On Jun 06, 2022
riteousness exalt a person,not wickedness now you will do charm for yahoo boys and wicked people
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by handzomee(m): 7:41am On Jun 06, 2022
That's it o

YES EXACTLY WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT CALLINGS AND DEVINATION FROM HEAVEN ..SOME WILL SUCEED TRUE BABALAWO SOME WILL TRUE PASTOR WHILE SOME IS TRUE IMAM OF A MOSQUE
... IN CONCLUSION DIFFERENT HEAD AND DIFFERET DESTINIES [/quote]
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by phemmyfour: 7:47am On Jun 06, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:

Did you read at all?

Were you blind at where he visited other Christians for deliverance?

Don't you think if he was delivered from those strange voices this story won't be here?

Did you see how he was treated by the Church? Y'all hypocrites.

Don't you think if he was treated well this story won't be here?

Again did you read?

Did the Church made an attempt to restore his faith?

You were quick to type he was a Christian because of material things? What did the Church do after some money was transferred (by error) to his account? Recall they never tried to restore his faith.

Religion should increase your reasoning and not diminish it undecided

Now sit, relax, read the OP again and think. Don't be like righteousness2 the bigot undecided
Is winners the only Church available? Whenever a man made up his mind to deliberately leave the presence of God, he looks for excuses that doesn't hold water like those one you highlited up there.

He was a shepherd not a baby christian, so the "feed my sheep" doesn't apply here.
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by sharpwriter(m): 7:47am On Jun 06, 2022
eskimoeze:
You made a good choice. People should learn to find and follow a path designed for them. My friend had a booming church but when his babalawo call came, he first refused it but he was tormented until he was struck with madness for more than two years. It took strong intervention of his family to restore him. Now he's babalawo. All his church instruments are in his house now. My advice for you is to shun greed and temptations, always ensure you do what is right. All the best on your choosen path.

Lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by Blackman101: 7:53am On Jun 06, 2022
if you really had Jesus, you will never change or replace him with anything in this world.
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by playfrank(m): 8:16am On Jun 06, 2022
I don't understand shai...when you were a pastor you were broke,you don turn native doctor still you are broke. So what changed?
Beosten:

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by syntekelite(m): 8:24am On Jun 06, 2022
I dont get your message at all..are you advertising babalawo course programs?? or are you saying something about christianity we dont know?? Cos it seems to me this is your own personal journey and i dont think it should be aired online except of course the op just wan cause mischief...
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by oaktown101(m): 8:26am On Jun 06, 2022
Abeg let the guy fulfill his callings jare. Christianity is not the only way to God. I was raised by a priest and I was always on the altar with a priest but today I practice traditional religion. White men brainwashed us into accepting Christianity but they waited for slavery to end before starting their missionary work actively in Africa. It still baffles me why they waited for end of slave trade before starting active evangelism in Africa. Do you know why? because Christianity was to make it seems like they are good people after trading with our forefathers lives.

Righteousness2:
To Follow JESUS, you need to be Ready to deny yourself and anything or anyone and follow him.

To Genuiely follow JESUS, irrespective of whatever inconveniences and evil that men do to you, you look up to Christ and not to them. Men can fail at anytime! Your Dad, mom, twin or whoever can fail and frustrate you. But in all these you look up to GOD and Depend on him.

JESUS said if you look back from following him, you are not fit for the kingdom.

Christ and babalawo have nothing in common. That is an act of going back to the gods of your father's house

If you are following GOD and you get distracted because of Vanities, what to eat, what to drink, etc , you are not fit for Heaven.

Brother You have missed the track. You have left the narrow way to the broadway.

Don't let anyone Deceive you with gratifications. Eternity is a Personal Race. If you want to be with JESUS, then u need to return back quickly to HIM and ask for Mercy and Forgiveness.

And the Enemies Submitted Program of the Lords Chosen coming up June 11 and 12th in Lagos is an opportunity for you to return to Christ and make Peace with Him.

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by Prosperous111(m): 8:28am On Jun 06, 2022
[quote author=ursullalinda post=113516884][/quote]

God bless you brother
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by Prosperous111(m): 8:30am On Jun 06, 2022
Siscooh:

God bless you

Amen and you too
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by babaalagbo11(m): 8:34am On Jun 06, 2022
jimmychang:
For those saying he wasn't a Christian, this is not the first time I have heard something like this.....your idols will call you back to your house....

Everybody is different...Everyone has his own mission.
you've said it all...
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by blackpanda: 8:41am On Jun 06, 2022
Righteousness2:

Only God knows who is truly serving him. Forget all these crusades
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 06, 2022
you can't run from ur destiny
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 06, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
I don't blame him.

After working in a company for some years, it is only appropriate that you start yours.

AFTER ALL, THE DIFFERENT ISN'T THAT MUCH

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Photos From The Attack On Apostle Johnson Suleman's Convoy In Edo (Graphic) / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.