Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari (58034 Views)

Subsidy: Your Policies Inflicting Hardship On Nigerians, CAN Tackles Tinubu / Atiku Tackles Tinubu For Not Helping APC Avert Economic Crisis / Oriental Hotel: You Lied - Olanrewaju Tackles Tinubu’s Campaign Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Igbojew: 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2022
OfoIgbo:

All these Tinubu urchins. When the better part of the south was backing GEJ to go for a second term, who led his southern people into an alliance to undermine the greater south?

Anyway the SE is definitely not involved in this your shadowy SOUTH. Tinubu is going nowhere. We made this clear many months ago, but you all mocked the Igbos. We made it clear that if the presidency is not going the SE way, the SE will support the NE claim as they haven't tasted that position for a few decades now.
You boasted that Jagaban is the Jagaban of Nigeria, and rode roughshod over Igbo wishes. Now you all and now moaning and stylishly calling on an illusory SOUTH to come to your aid. The SE and SS will not be coming to your aid.

This is the time for Yorubas to show us the power they keep boasting about. Let Yorubas win the 2023 presidency let us see
Exactly what I told that nitwit that think Igbos are dumb like other Southern tribes that always believe in Yoruba divide and rule lies.Imagine the way he cunningly and systematically introduced South into his statement so that he can get sympathy from the whole South and support them after they betrayed Goodluck Jonathan and Igbo turn to produce Presidency.The most annoying part is how they mock,insulted and abused Igbos because of this 2023 Presidency despite it is the turn of Igbos but am glad that karma doesn't waste time to pay bad people back this days..........I am that Igbojew
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Igbojew: 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lazyreporta:

Who be the greater South? If you already said Yoruba voted against the greater south and buhari who they voted for won twice, who is now the greater South? The losers or the winners? You dare add SE and better/greater in same sentence when we dey talk about Southern region

Even though my initial comment was about each region representing well, But tribalism Wan kill you, you no see the msg
You Yorubas have not seen anything,by the time Igbos you people hate with passion are through with you betrayal and treacherous tribe you people will learn not to mess with Igbos again.............I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by jnig: 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2022
Duru009:
Peter Obi: I want to be President because I want to move Nigeria from a consuming nation to a productive nation

Osinbajo: I want to be President to consolidate on the good things this administration has started.

Tinubu: I want to be President because it’s my turn.

2023 is around the corner. The choice is yours to make

Sure! The choice and to the consequences
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by jnig: 6:59pm On Jun 03, 2022
Duru009:
Peter Obi: I want to be President because I want to move Nigeria from a consuming nation to a productive nation

Osinbajo: I want to be President to consolidate on the good things this administration has started.

Tinubu: I want to be President because it’s my turn.

2023 is around the corner. The choice is yours to make

Sure! The choice and to the resulting effect
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Lazyreporta(m): 6:59pm On Jun 03, 2022
Igbojew:
You Yorubas have not seen anything,by the time Igbos you people hate with passion are through with you betrayal and treacherous tribe you people will learn not to mess with Igbos again.............I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Explain how Yoruba betrayed Igbos, how sir?
Cos I don't get it, in democracy, you voted A, I voted B, you loss but call it betrayal cos I voted my own choice.. Are you aware you betrayed Yorubas by voting another candidate based on your analogy? Lastly, Jonathan was an SS candidate not Igbos, how Igbos come in?

4 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Igbojew: 7:02pm On Jun 03, 2022
Now North can now see what Igbos have been saying about these betrayal and treacherous Yoruba people that you can't trust them in anything.Sophisticated people in the mud hahahaha..........I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by CSTRR: 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lazyreporta:

Who be the greater South? If you already said Yoruba voted against the greater south and buhari who they voted for won twice, who is now the greater South? The losers or the winners? You dare add SE and better/greater in same sentence when we dey talk about Southern region

Even though my initial comment was about each region representing well, But tribalism Wan kill you, you no see the msg
Any of the south could have done what the South West did and Buhari would have won.

Nothing special about the south West.

The reason why Buhari was unelectable for years was because no part of the south voted for him.

That was what the South West did for him against a southern president.
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Igbojew: 7:09pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lazyreporta:

Explain how Yoruba betrayed Igbos, how sir?
Cos I don't get it, in democracy, you voted A, I voted B, you loss but call it betrayal cos I voted my own choice.. Are you aware you betrayed Yorubas by voting another candidate based on your analogy? Lastly, Jonathan was an SS candidate not Igbos, how Igbos come in?
Oga Igbos massively voted Yoruba in 1999 Presidential election that produced Olusegun Obansanjo and now that it is the turn of Igbos to rule you Yorubas trooped out to drag the Presidency with Igbow which North saw and took advantage of it and the rest is history and you are pretending like you don't know what you Yorubas did to Igbos...........I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Lazyreporta(m): 7:09pm On Jun 03, 2022
CSTRR:

Any of the south could have done what the South West did and Buhari would have won.

Nothing special about the south West.

The reason why Buhari was unelectable for years was because no part of the south voted for him.

That was what the South West did for him against a southern president.

I don't understand, didn't the ss and se voted too? They voted for PDP, why didn't PDP win then based on your analysis? Don't just come to say anything.. Or you don't think if the west voted for Atiku he go win? Imagine west voted for Atiku the way east did, atiku will win even if se voted for apc

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Igbojew: 7:17pm On Jun 03, 2022
DamianX:
Maybe his wife told him If he doesn't become president he shouldn't come home because she will beat him.

Just imagining that remi Tinubu as our first lady. That uncouth thing
God forbid
God forbid,the uncouth woman that called the entire Igbos derogative name like Okoro will be our First Lady,God forbid bad thing..........I am that Igbojew
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Lazyreporta(m): 7:17pm On Jun 03, 2022
Igbojew:
Oga Igbos massively voted Yoruba in 1999 Presidential election that produced Olusegun Obansanjo and now that it is the turn of Igbos to rule you Yorubas trooped out to drag the Presidency with Igbow which North saw and took advantage of it and the rest is history and you are pretending like you don't know what you Yorubas did to Igbos...........I am that Igbojew the table shaker

You're talking nonsense.
Was any eastern person on ballot first of all for Yorubas to vote for? Was Yoruba dragging in PDP with east? Atiku and wike were dragging it with east but you come here say Yoruba betrayed you. Did Igbos not betrayed Igbos in PDP? Did they vote for igbo man or support igbo? So explain how Yoruba betrayed Igbos sir?

APC, Yorubas are there visiting delegates but orji withdraw and start rooting for aboki, how na Yoruba fault? Do you just wake up to blame Yoruba all your life? Aboki in apc and PDP are taking you for ride by not finding you worthy but you choose to blame Yoruba.. I no understand this kind mentality o.

Lastly, no be who dey ballot them dey vote for? You no even win primary yet you say Yorubas betrayed you by not voting you. Oga, even your obi, west will give him more votes than your tiny states next year

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by chigator2: 7:19pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lazyreporta:

Illiterate fellow, Greater South does not mean a the " greater " or more powerful southern region.

It means the majority or collective South.
If I say I am doing something for our greater good that means I am acting for our collective good.

I thought Yoruba was well educated. LoL, make I begin teach this one idioms and expressions.
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by omohayek: 7:20pm On Jun 03, 2022
Indispensable85:

Tinubu has been outspoken abinitio,he only just touched on another area he has not before. What he said is true,it doesn't matter who's crying.
A thing can be true and yet unwise to say. If you had a neighbor with an ugly child, would you just go up to him one day and say "your boy really sure does look like an ugly little monkey!" in the name of speaking the truth? Upon saying so, would you then be surprised if from that moment on your neighbor considered you a mortal enemy?

As the saying goes, "monkey no fine but im mama like am". It's not just that Tinubu's statements will have alienated many northern delegates who vote he needs, nor even how his dismissive reference to Abiodun as "this one" cast Tinubu as high-handed and arrogant even towards the Yorubas he claims to be championing, it is first and foremost the entitled attitude he revealed by talking about being owed and claiming "it's my turn" that will do him in. Those statements have made it clear he sees his run at the Presidency as being all about him and what he thinks he "deserves", rather than about the needs and wants of the millions of ordinary people Tinubu still needs to convince to vote for him over Atiku.

Whatever temporary emotional satisfaction Tinubu might have gotten from yesterday's outburst, it will be far outweighed by the damage he has done to his campaign and long-term relevance if he fails to quickly rectify the mistake. Even if Tinubu somehow manages to force his way through to primaries and pressures enough wavering northerners to stick with him after rubbishing Buhari, his campaign is likely doomed to failure under the current course. All Atiku will have to do is play this tape over and over to win over the entire north as well as large parts of the SW that have had enough of Tinubu's cavalier arrogance. If Tinubu has any serious advisers, I'm sure they'll already have told him everything I've said above.

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Lazyreporta(m): 7:22pm On Jun 03, 2022
chigator2:

Illiterate fellow, Greater South does not mean a the " greater " or more powerful southern region.

It means the majority or collective South.
If I say I am doing something for our greater good that means I am acting for our collective good.

I thought Yoruba was well educated. LoL, make I begin teach this one idioms and expressions.
you be Mumu..
No matter how you try to say it, the msg is clear.. Your greater, majority votes no win anything, yet they here they talk nonsense... You have to hide under SS always to be noticed. It's always SS/SE vs west.. And still the west still win always within the same south.. Majority ko. Use the majority dey win na
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by ifeoluwapo25977: 7:31pm On Jun 03, 2022
One by one, Dem don dey go We've frustrated Tinubu into shooting himself on the foot and I'm loving it One by one, Dem don dey go We've frustrated Tinubu into shooting himself on the foot and I'm loving it ...
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by QuotaSystem: 7:32pm On Jun 03, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
One by one, Dem don dey go

We've frustrated Tinubu into shooting himself on the foot and I'm loving it grin cheesy grin

For the first time, I’m liking a comment of yours.

Tinubu SERIOUSLY f**ked up. Big time.
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by chigator2: 7:45pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lazyreporta:
you be Mumu..
No matter how you try to say it, the msg is clear.. Your greater, majority votes no win anything, yet they here they talk nonsense... You have to hide under SS always to be noticed. It's always SS/SE vs west.. And still the west still win always within the same south.. Majority ko. Use the majority dey win na

In which decade will a fool ever decide to learn something new, Never.

Drop sentiments and learn before you go and fail IELTS exam. grin grin
Google how to use greater in expression. Mumu fellow. Tribalism has blinded your brain like a BAT
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Lazyreporta(m): 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
chigator2:

In which decade will a fool ever decide to learn something new, Never.

Drop sentiments and learn before you go and fail IELTS exam. grin grin
Google how to use greater in expression. Mumu fellow. Tribalism has blinded your brain like a BAT

Oga, there's nothing great in east, nothing!

Is it voting strength? Is it development? Infrastructure? Economy? Industry? So what's great in east, tell us abeg.. Even population self not great. So when I say great, I know exactly what I meant. Nothing great there. Na why una dey always shout SS/SE

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by NaijaCars4sale: 7:55pm On Jun 03, 2022
This is getting complicated
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Indispensable85(m): 8:00pm On Jun 03, 2022
omohayek:

A thing can be true and yet unwise to say. If you had a neighbor with an ugly child, would you just go up to him one day and say "your boy really sure does look like an ugly little monkey!" in the name of speaking the truth? Upon saying so, would you then be surprised if from that moment on your neighbor considered you a mortal enemy?

As the saying goes, "monkey no fine but im mama like am". It's not just that Tinubu's statements will have alienated many northern delegates who vote he needs, nor even how his dismissive reference to Abiodun as "this one" cast Tinubu as high-handed and arrogant even towards the Yorubas he claims to be championing, it is first and foremost the entitled attitude he revealed by talking about being owed and claiming "it's my turn" that will do him in. Those statements have made it clear he sees his run at the Presidency as being all about him and what he thinks he "deserves", rather than about the needs and wants of the millions of ordinary people Tinubu still needs to convince to vote for him over Atiku.

Whatever temporary emotional satisfaction Tinubu might have gotten from yesterday's outburst, it will be far outweighed by the damage he has done to his campaign and long-term relevance if he fails to quickly rectify the mistake. Even if Tinubu somehow manages to force his way through to primaries and pressures enough wavering northerners to stick with him after rubbishing Buhari, his campaign is likely doomed to failure under the current course. All Atiku will have to do is play this tape over and over to win over the entire north as well as large parts of the SW that have had enough of Tinubu's cavalier arrogance. If Tinubu has any serious advisers, I'm sure they'll already have told him everything I've said above.

This is not been said for the first time. Shettima has been saying this everywhere since. The only difference is that Tinubu is saying it now.
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by omohayek: 8:06pm On Jun 03, 2022
Indispensable85:

This is not been said for the first time. Shettima has been saying this everywhere since. The only difference is that Tinubu is saying it now.
Shettima isn't the one who wants to be the APC's presidential candidate.
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by CORRECTMAN78(m): 8:07pm On Jun 03, 2022
Nwodosis:
No Northern is known with his tribe, they are all known to be Huasa-Fulani. It is only in the Southern part that they identify you with your tribe, creating more divisions!

That's what the Yollubars want. They can't cough without mentioning Igbos.

Could you believe that this greedy-druggie miner worked tirelessly against his southern brother. He felt that by so doing, the Hausas will hand him 2023 presidency on a platter of gold.

God don punish the traitor.
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Indispensable85(m): 8:13pm On Jun 03, 2022
omohayek:

Shettima isn't the one who wants to be the APC's presidential candidate.

Facts are facts why does it hurt?
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by omohayek: 8:16pm On Jun 03, 2022
Indispensable85:

Facts are facts why does it hurt?
I already told you why, but please feel free to continue pretending otherwise. I have better ways to spend my time than on spoon-feeding you. With blind followers like you who are unable to acknowledge political realities, let alone offer critical advice, it's no wonder Tinubu has wrecked his campaign with a single day's unguarded utterances.
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Indispensable85(m): 8:18pm On Jun 03, 2022
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Maobichek: 8:18pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lazyreporta:
Although tinubu no suppose talk like that Sha, but he said the truth.. Obviously, North doesn't like the truth.

And it's clear that they don't want the South to ever feel like they are part of Nigeria. The north can't win elections without South, neither will south without them.

You don't tell me you won't support me if I said the truth, I won't support you either. It's Nigeria, not North. The southern leaders are the problem, unt they start putting north in their place, this will remain.

It's always more like who the north want on both parties, never heard of who the South want. Does it mean the South don't have the final say? The south believes the north will win always, and the north believes that too. It's north and south my people. It should be equal right, not one dominating the other.. Until south come together, this will remain.

Me wey dey type self never chop

Stop mentioning me if you can't read well or at least say something meaningful.. Over 20 mentions with nothing but rubbish talk shocked

Good evening, i believe you are not in the North nor Abuja. I was at MKO stadium last Saturday during PDP presidential primary and i saw what I'm about to tell you.

North has more delegates than the entire South both in PDP and APC and it's via simple majority not by 25% stuff ok. If North vote North, South will lose both in PDP and APC.

I felt uncomfortable last night the 3rd time BAT mentioned "God and me" in reference to PMB victory during 2015 presidential election. The results, states and regions are still online, google and see what Kano, kaduna, Borno gave to APC in terms of vote. All these shouldn't have come up if not the Ogun state self glorification of BAT.

I stay in FCT but currently in the North East, they are busy talking about what happened in Ogum state and they have a way of doing things more especially during electioneering.

If BAT fail to emerge as the president under APC, the Ogun state speech played a significant role and he won't blame anyone.

Finally, North and South are not equal looking at the number of delegates and polling units across Nigeria, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Okwyjesus(m): 8:22pm On Jun 03, 2022
Yves4real:
By Nwafor Sunday
June 3, 2022

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/its-unlike-him-babachir-lawan-tackles-tinubu-over-comment-on-buhari/

When l first heard Tinubu said that. I doubted it bcs l believe he is wise a politician to do that just 3 days to primary.

All l can say is THAT TINUBU PRESIDENTIAL AMBITION IS DEAD. NORTH AND FULANI DONT FORGET.
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Maobichek: 8:25pm On Jun 03, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

It's game over for Tinubu.

Someone Northerners respect so much and worshipped ,you came and say you single handedly made him a president. What an insult, infact to northeners, that's blasphemy.

Haba!!! Please don't go this far, Northern Muslim don't joke with the word "blasphemy." If this comment you made is copied to some Whatapp groups, it may cause problem to people who know nothing about BAT's speech at Ogun state yesterday.
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by mkoabiola: 8:28pm On Jun 03, 2022
I thought babachair is tinubu close ally..

How come he is bashing tinubu

Tinubu even recommendef Lawal as the SGF

Chai

Baba said it out of anger
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by AntonVince: 8:46pm On Jun 03, 2022
Creamypie:
All the people he made were made to promote his selfish, personal ambitions, and not for me, or the masses. If u chop alone, die alone. U will remain a Regional lagos politician. G.e.j tasted the seat, same as Bubu, obj, yar Adua, but u? No way. U can't be in their league.(GCFR)

Incisive!
That is is.
smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Photo Of Nigerian Soldiers Interrogating The Terrorist Who Disguised As A Woman / Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) / Atiku Abubakar Convoy Trapped By Supporters In Kano (photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.