Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,168 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari (58037 Views)

Subsidy: Your Policies Inflicting Hardship On Nigerians, CAN Tackles Tinubu / Atiku Tackles Tinubu For Not Helping APC Avert Economic Crisis / Oriental Hotel: You Lied - Olanrewaju Tackles Tinubu’s Campaign Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Yves4real(f): 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2022
By Nwafor Sunday
June 3, 2022

Former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir David Lawal has described as ‘bulshit’, the statement credited to a presidential aspirant and national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

Tinubu while addressing the Ogun State APC delegates at the Presidential Lodge, Abeokuta, Thursday stated that he brought President Muhammdu Buhari out of political retirement and assisted him to emerge Nigeria’s President in 2015.

His words: “If not me that led the war front, Buhari would not have emerged. He contested first, second and third times, but lost. He even said on television that he would not contest again.

“But I went to his home in Katsina, I told him you would contest and win, but ‘you would not joke with Yoruba matters.

“Since he has emerged, I have not been appointed minister. I didn’t get a contract.

“This time, it’s the Yoruba’s turn and in Yorubaland, it’s my tenure.”

Reacting to his statement, Lawan argued that Tinubu was not the only person that made the difference, saying there were many others who supported Buhari and never bragged about it.

Disclosing this in a statement made known to Vanguard, Lawan said: “Sometimes it is very difficult to support a Yoruba person in national politics if you are not one.

“They have a way of making you regret your support because they eventually make you seem like a traitor to your own people. Now all these comments about Bola’s Yoruba presidency and his support of Buhari without which Buhari would not have been president is bullshit.

“He wasn’t the only one whose support made a difference. There were many others from all around the country and they are not bragging about it.

“You may wish to know that all of us Buhari supporters are shocked and pissed off by Bola’s speech on this occasion. It is unlike him.

“And this speech is massively trending in the North and being given a negative connotation as you can well imagine. I first read it this morning on an Adamawa group platform and the anger is palpable and all round.

Will Tinubu win Monday’s APC primaries without Northern support?

“You would think Yorubas will resist the temptation of joining in the northerners-bashing game at this very critical time – the primary election is only three days away. It is unfortunate that Bola himself chose to join in this bashing game – choosing to speak in the Yoruba language and in Yoruba land in a manner that seems to denigrate Buhari. I could vividly imagine the discomfort of all the northerners sitting beside him on that podium.

“This appears to be the Abiola saga being replayed. Abiola won the election with majority Northern votes but they took the brunt of the post-election protests that followed.

“Just survey all the people that are doing more meaningful practical things to enthroned Bola as president and you will find that almost all are northerners while his kinsmen engage themselves social media activism and Northern bashing.

“When Yorubas vilify the North like this, our sense of fear and insecurity under a Yoruba presidency gets heightened and in the end, pushes us to rethink our support for not only Bola but any Yoruba as president for that matter.

“Please, do not join our opponents to destroy our chances of clinching Monday’s primary elections.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/its-unlike-him-babachir-lawan-tackles-tinubu-over-comment-on-buhari/

78 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by fergie001: 2:59pm On Jun 03, 2022
Indispensable85 kyase garfield1 kahal29

I am surprised too

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Nwodosis(m): 3:00pm On Jun 03, 2022
No Northern is known with his tribe, they are all known to be Huasa-Fulani. It is only in the Southern part that they identify you with your tribe, creating more divisions!

313 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Joezinho: 3:00pm On Jun 03, 2022
Hhmmmm
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 3:00pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lol ... Ambode will just smiling in his bedroom with a glass of wine, watching and listening to Tinubu latest vibes

569 Likes 56 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Lazyreporta(m): 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2022
Although tinubu no suppose talk like that Sha, but he said the truth.. Obviously, North doesn't like the truth.

And it's clear that they don't want the South to ever feel like they are part of Nigeria. The north can't win elections without South, neither will south without them.

You don't tell me you won't support me if I said the truth, I won't support you either. It's Nigeria, not North. The southern leaders are the problem, unt they start putting north in their place, this will remain.

It's always more like who the north want on both parties, never heard of who the South want. Does it mean the South don't have the final say? The south believes the north will win always, and the north believes that too. It's north and south my people. It should be equal right, not one dominating the other.. Until south come together, this will remain.

Me wey dey type self never chop

Stop mentioning me if you can't read well or at least say something meaningful.. Over 20 mentions with nothing but rubbish talk shocked

170 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Yves4real(f): 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2022
Baba Tinubu should calm down so that he doesn't stir up the hornets' nest.
Let the best candidate emerge through the delegates' votes.

12 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Creamypie(m): 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2022
All the people he made were made to promote his selfish, personal ambitions, and not for me, or the masses. If u chop alone, die alone. U will remain a Regional lagos politician. G.e.j tasted the seat, same as Bubu, obj, yar Adua, but u? No way. U can't be in their league.(GCFR). He will never enter our history books

246 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Hannahlillien(f): 3:02pm On Jun 03, 2022
wabsite for sell dm me private
Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Kyase(m): 3:03pm On Jun 03, 2022
fergie001:
Indispensable85 kyase garfield1 kahal29

I am surprised too
I talk am
Ganduje, shetimma will soon leave him

Disclosing this in a statement made known to Vanguard, Lawan said: “Sometimes it is very difficult to support a Yoruba person in national politics if you are not one.

“They have a way of making you regret your support because they eventually make you seem like a traitor to your own people.

I no go talk again
Tinubu just messed himself up yesterday

“You may wish to know that all of us Buhari supporters are shocked and pissed off by Bola’s speech on this occasion. It is unlike him.

Helinues

I could vividly imagine the discomfort of all the northerners sitting beside him on that podium.

I no go talk pass this one

“Just survey all the people that are doing more meaningful practical things to enthroned Bola as president and you will find that almost all are northerners while his kinsmen engage themselves social media activism and Northern bashing.
Tinubu no know wetin e miss, seriously
Northerners where his largest support base but now see
One guy just burn e tinubu cap now like this grin

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Duru009(m): 3:03pm On Jun 03, 2022
Peter Obi: I want to be President because I want to move Nigeria from a consuming nation to a productive nation

Osinbajo: I want to be President to consolidate on the good things this administration has started.

Tinubu: I want to be President because it’s my turn.

2023 is around the corner. The choice is yours to make

406 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by PrinceOfLagos: 3:05pm On Jun 03, 2022
One by one, Dem don dey go

We've frustrated Tinubu into shooting himself on the foot and I'm loving it grin cheesy grin

245 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 03, 2022
Tinubu forgot that State, Regional and National politics are three very different "animals" . You approach and treat each very differently.

Being a virtual overlord in Lagos, the condescending and derogatory manner of addressing his vassals in his state/fiefdom has to be curbed when in "states or fiefdoms" governed or under the influence of other leaders.

And being antagonistic to a sitting president or putting a sitting governor (Abiodun) to ridicule, will jeopardise your chances rather than endear you to anyone.

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Yves4real(f): 3:06pm On Jun 03, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Lol ... Ambode will just smiling in his bedroom with a glass of wine, watching and listening to Tinubu's latest vibes

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by MadamVanessa(f): 3:06pm On Jun 03, 2022
shocked

It's game over for Tinubu.

Someone Northerners respect so much and worshipped ,you came and say you single handedly made him a president. What an insult, infact to northeners, that's blasphemy.

177 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 03, 2022
Emotions consumed him... i noticed Ganduje's composure from behind, he felt sad really.. this would cast as aspersion on Tinubu and any of his alleged uplifted minions.. Lawan might just be the highest beneficiary of this saga...

Vote right, vote Labour, vote Peter Obi...

188 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2022
Did Lawal really said this ??

it’s the end game for Tinubu then. grin grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by fergie001: 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kyase:
I talk am
Ganduje, shetimma will soon leave him
I was saying that he was just too emotional and that Ogun speech was badly delivered, anyways it's now nunc Dimittis for that Office for him.

I no go talk again
Tinubu just messed himself up yesterday
I no even read that part ooooo....

He wasn’t the only one whose support made a difference. There were many others from all around the country and they are not bragging about it.

Toh

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by bjdon: 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2022
Mr Lawal, you may not be aware, but a lof of medications are known to impact peoples ability to think crtically. A man like Tinubu that is already pooing and wetting himself, but be on some strong medicatons. When you add cocaine on top of that.......you can imagine the state of his mind! cool

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Kyase(m): 3:10pm On Jun 03, 2022
fergie001:

I was saying that he was just too emotional and that Ogun speech was badly delivered, anyways that was his nunc Dimittis

I no even read that part ooooo
Tinubu just behave like baby politician yesterday
Now I know he's regretting...
Buhari is back, so let's see what happens tomorrow and next

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Kzinne: 3:11pm On Jun 03, 2022
Nwodosis:
No Northern is known with his tribe, they are all known to be Huasa-Fulani. It is only in the Southern part that they identify you with your tribe, creating more divisions!
you know nothing. Are the five not northerners or the jukuns? Go and read

2 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by fergie001: 3:13pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kyase:

Tinubu just behave like baby politician yesterday
Now I know he's regretting...
Buhari is back, so let's see what happens tomorrow and next
I wish him well in life's future endeavours.

8 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by pacesetting: 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kzinne:
you know nothing. Are the five not northerners or the jukuns? Go and read
He is right. In the north, the general language is Hausa, and that has unified them more than anything.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Kyase(m): 3:15pm On Jun 03, 2022
fergie001:

I wish him well in life's future endeavours.
Amen oooo
But for the present, nothing for him
He messed up

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by luvmijeje(f): 3:15pm On Jun 03, 2022
Well, for him to publicly to go nuclear, he knows that he will lose.

Right now he is fighting to hold the South-west. He is no longer fighting to be President.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Toneypen247(m): 3:17pm On Jun 03, 2022
Every man for himself, God for all undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by islandsscotch8: 3:18pm On Jun 03, 2022
Jagaban . This man carefully masterminded the defeat of a ruling party. That is why Meth addicts hated him like he's the architect of IPOD terrorism. You got our support come rain come sunshine

556 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by slivertongue: 3:19pm On Jun 03, 2022
When Yorubas vilify the North like this, our sense of fear and insecurity under a Yoruba presidency gets heightened and in the end, pushes us to rethink our support for not only Bola but any Yoruba as president for that mattwer.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by Gayigaskia(m): 3:21pm On Jun 03, 2022
; ;
Yves4real:

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

You must be Ambode lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by OfoIgbo: 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lazyreporta:
Although tinubu no suppose talk like that Sha, but he said the truth.. Obviously, North doesn't like the truth.

And it's clear that they don't want the South to ever feel like they are part of Nigeria. The north can't win elections without South, neither will south without them.

You don't tell me you won't support me if I said the truth, I won't support you either. It's Nigeria, not North. The southern leaders are the problem, unt they start putting north in their place, this will remain.

It's always more like who the north want on both parties, never heard of who the South want. Does it mean the South don't have the final say? The south believes the north will win always, and the north believes that too. It's north and south my people. It should be equal right, not one dominating the other.. Until south come together, this will remain.

Me wey dey type self never chop

All these Tinubu urchins. When the better part of the south was backing GEJ to go for a second term, who led his southern people into an alliance to undermine the greater south?

Anyway the SE is definitely not involved in this your shadowy SOUTH. Tinubu is going nowhere. We made this clear many months ago, but you all mocked the Igbos. We made it clear that if the presidency is not going the SE way, the SE will support the NE claim as they haven't tasted that position for a few decades now.
You boasted that Jagaban is the Jagaban of Nigeria, and rode roughshod over Igbo wishes. Now you all and now moaning and stylishly calling on an illusory SOUTH to come to your aid. The SE and SS will not be coming to your aid.

This is the time for Yorubas to show us the power they keep boasting about. Let Yorubas win the 2023 presidency let us see

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal Tackles Tinubu Over Comment On Buhari by fergie001: 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kyase:

Amen oooo
But for the present, nothing for him
He messed up
He simply Ambodelised.

One mistake can end it all but life continues.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha's Maid, Charity Weds Hycenth (Photos) / Atiku Abubakar Convoy Trapped By Supporters In Kano (photos,video) / Photos Of El-Zakzaky And His Wife, Zeenat Ready To Travel To India For Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.