Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? (25988 Views)

Please My Marriage ! Advice Please / Advise Me Like Your Younger Brother / What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by WhisperedNoise: 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Explain what you mean by twist? undecided

What general well known facts were twisted and how? undecided

That is what Jesus Christ Himself, the Christ in the word Christian told you over 2000 years ago when He said your marriage is of this world(unholy) and not of the Kingdom of God(Christian). undecided Is this fact here unwelcomed? undecided

Kobo�
Zukwanike

I'm not arguing with you this afternoon abeg.
But yeah, you twist facts o. Not this thread. I think your general persona enjoys arguments.

By the way, please show me from Scriptures where Jesus said that marriage is unholy. Let me learn.

Thanks.
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by Emeka71(m): 2:24pm On Jun 07, 2022
Chinny024:
Relax,chill,and love!!!....Be truthful!!!
Good advise.

1 Like

Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Jun 07, 2022
WhisperedNoise:
Kobo�
Zukwanike

I'm not arguing with you this afternoon abeg.
But yeah, you twist facts o. Not this thread. I think your general persona enjoys arguments.

By the way, please show me from Scriptures where Jesus said that marriage is unholy. Let me learn.
Thanks.
Again....Explain what you mean by twist? undecided

That is what Jesus Christ Himself, the Christ in the word Christian told you over 2000 years ago when He said your marriage is of this world(unholy) and not of the Kingdom of God(Christian). undecided Is this fact here unwelcomed? undecided
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by WhisperedNoise: 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again....Explain what you mean by twist? undecided

Give me book and verse na. Let me see for myself.
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Jun 07, 2022
WhisperedNoise:
Give me book and verse na. Let me see for myself.
You accuse me of twisting scripture yet you don't have any Idea what book and verse it is you accuse me of haven twisted? undecided

Recall, my first comment here. Submission is born of God's curse on marriage which rendered marriage of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Genesis 3 vs 16 & Luke 20 vs 34 -36. Therefore, there is nothing "Christian" about marriage, or your formula. undecided

Did God not impose submission as a curse(unholy) on marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16? undecided

Did Jesus Christ not proclaim that marriage is of this world (unholy) and not of the Kingdom of God(Holy) in Luke 20 vs 34 - 36? undecided
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by Acidosis(m): 4:21pm On Jun 07, 2022
Munzy14:

grin grin grin your curiousity...sha..
grin grin
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by Ishilove: 5:08am On Jun 08, 2022
NuclearReactor:
What is this lol cheesycheesygringrin
It's the truth. Kobojunkie is a very deluded individual. She needs to start asking the Holy Spirit for rhema, not all these nonsense she comes to post online. She argues for argument's sake because, may God forbid she ever joins the vast majority in having a similar opinion. I am beginning to suspect it is likely her forefathers, twice removed wrote the book of Lamentations.
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by God2man2again(m): 6:16am On Jun 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
There is no such a thing as a Christian home either - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 38 undecided

God instituted marriage in Genesis 2:18 so the above verses you quoted do not mean God nullified what he created.
Matthew 10:34-38 do not mean that there should not be a christian home, these verses refer to when someone in the family, daughter or mother accepted Christ and the father or the mother persecuted the daughter for accepting Christ, this kind of situation exists mostly in the muslim family. That's the sword, Jesus said.
Thank you.
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by Nezzjnr: 7:26am On Jun 08, 2022
Any thread wey I just see Kobojunkie posts... I dey always avoid am.

Are you a bot or something

1 Like

Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by okewumi: 9:00am On Jun 08, 2022
Respect and "force your mind" to love her parent. They might hate, just ignore and keep loving them. Your DNA is not the same with your husband, blood is thicker than water.

Even in animal kingdom, a group of animal doesn't want any foreigner to join them. The same applicable to the family of your husband. They have spent more than 30years with him before he marries you. That is my addition to above mentioned point.
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by NuclearReactor: 9:13am On Jun 08, 2022
Ishilove:

It's the truth. Kobojunkie is a very deluded individual. She needs to start asking the Holy Spirit for rhema, not all these nonsense she comes to post online. She argues for argument's sake because, may God forbid she ever joins the vast majority in having a similar opinion. I am beginning to suspect it is likely her forefathers, twice removed wrote the book of Lamentations.
lol, that lady needs help, i confronted her with one question in the "Jesus is trending today" thread "what\how did Jesus ask u to do to\act to those who reject the truth u preach to them Rather than reply with straight up answer, she was busy giving long baseless replies. Jesus told his disciples to dust their feet off any city that rejects their message, yet kobojunkie woukd rather argue to the point of derailing a thread and she says she's doing Jesus' work undecided Na God himself go hep her, her delusion is strong!!
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 08, 2022
Ishilove:

She doesn't need any Holy Spirit to do anything.

She needs to be taken to Yaba hospital for re-examination. Only God knows if she is actually typing from there.
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by Kobojunkie: 1:11pm On Jun 08, 2022
God2man2again:
God instituted marriage in Genesis 2:18 so the above verses you quoted do not mean God nullified what he created.

2. Matthew 10:34-38 do not mean that there should not be a christian home, these verses refer to when someone in the family, daughter or mother accepted Christ and the father or the mother persecuted the daughter for accepting Christ,

3. this kind of situation exists mostly in the muslim family. That's the sword, Jesus said.
Thank you.
1. The same God is also written to have cursed marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16. undecided

2. Matthew 10 vs 34 - 38 says your enemies are those who are in your family and you are to hate them in other to become worthy of Jesus Christ. In fact, Jesus Christ says you have to abandon them in order to gain true life(Narrow Gate) and be saved. In Matthew 19 vs 29 , Jesus Christ said ," Everyone who has left houses, brothers, sisters, father, mother, children, or farms to follow me will get much more than they left". undecided

if your enemies are those who are in your family, how can it be of the Kingdom of God aka Christian? undecided

3. As for your claim that this only exists in certain situations, you make God who said that Jesus Christ is sent Jesus Christ to fulfill what is written in Micah 7 vs 4 - 6 a liar? undecided
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by charlsecy(m): 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2022
Munzy14:
... whatsoever pleasure needed is there..
Not sure.
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by Hathor5(f): 6:36am On Jun 11, 2022
I was reading backstage what seemed to be a very promising thread until it turned to be a Bible study class. Frustrating. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by AjiBussu(m): 4:24pm On Jun 14, 2022
Genesis 3 vs 16 just dey fly everywhere. Hanty rest abeg. E don do. Wether na curse or no be curse, it haff do grin

Oya, more advice should keep coming... cool
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by michigang: 7:24pm On Jun 14, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Great advice here.

Thanks for your contribution.
okay let me confess and clear my mine. I have an undying crush on you. It all started last 3 months. Anytime i see your face, i feel butterflies in my stomach rejoicing on my behalf. You make me feel like am on eagle wings Your comments intoxicate me. I long for your medicine.
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2022
michigang:
okay let me confess and clear my mine. I have an undying crush on you. It all started last 3 months. Anytime i see your face, i feel butterflies in my stomach rejoicing on my behalf. You make me feel like am on eagle wings Your comments intoxicate me. I long for your medicine.

Thanks for letting me know. You are allowed to crush. I can't stop the feeling. Best of luck.
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by Prugee: 9:03pm On Jun 14, 2022
Are you married, Happy, smart, intelligent, looking for other married people to talk and share ideas with on a WhatsApp group? This group gives you the freedom to unwind from every stress that comes with Marriage.

Please if you are not married, don't bother getting in touch with us because you won't be added to the group. Kindly chat us on WhatsApp on 08129087783.
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by michigang: 9:38pm On Jun 14, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Thanks for letting me know. You are allowed to crush. I can't stop the feeling. Best of luck.
will you go on a date with me?
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by QuinModah(f): 1:38am On Jun 15, 2022
Are you married?
UyaiIncomparabl:

Great advice here.

Thanks for your contribution.
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:49am On Jun 15, 2022
QuinModah:
Are you married?

Errm. Why are you asking?
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by henrimoto(m): 7:01pm On Jul 10, 2022
ahnie:

I m still trying hard to find out exactly what your problem is!
Lol..... Kai!! Ahnieee, i just dey laught only me for where i sidon dey go through this thread. Haahahaha
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by ahnie: 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2022
henrimoto:
Lol..... Kai!! Ahnieee, i just dey laught only me for where i sidon dey go through this thread. Haahahaha
Ok o..
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by henrimoto(m): 6:02am On Jul 11, 2022
michigang:
will you go on a date with me?
..... You sef, Where you keep your thinking cap? na waa to you. You no see where she say her boyfriend proposed to her in one of her topics ? Even sef, Se na for open thread like this, you suppose dey ask her this kind question ?
Re: What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? by Kipaji: 10:56pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mariangeles:

Your wife go don hear nwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! undecided

I made it easier for others to read. You're welcome. smiley
I appreciate that you took the time to do that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Are Mothers So Loved By Their Children Than Their Fathers? / What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? / What Is That Thing You Don't Pray Your Children Inherits From You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.