Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,506 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? (66324 Views)

Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? / My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) / Sapa Concoction Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by chukwugoziegi: 8:19pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:

Lol.. that fish was only 400 naira. I just needed the taste.

The Nora shey?
I regret buying it. Immediately I put it and discovered it was coloring, I just stopped. Thought it was some like mixed ginger and dried garlic.
It didn't affect the taste though.

I'm glad it didn't affect the taste.

I don jam these modern day spice before. Curiosity carry me buy and and my precious joll of turned pink. Since then, I no dey near all these modern Joll of spice, fried rice Spice, mixed spices. Even if I will buy, make e be inside transparent container so I can see what I'm buying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Kowolab: 8:20pm On Jun 04, 2022
Bro you are good cook....kudos!
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by chukwugoziegi: 8:22pm On Jun 04, 2022
Mariangeles:

Do you watch chopped junior?
Go see kids (both boys and girls) between 8-13 whipping up meals within 30mins.

Most Nigerian children are not taught to cook even simple meals until way later.

The best programme on Food Network. Chopped Junior and kiddies baking championship.

Kids creating their own recipe. Omo!!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Piptocoin: 8:28pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:
grin grin grin.

Shame all you want. Provided I don eat belleful, I ain't bothered about your negative comments.
I give God the glory for providing for me.
Thank you Jesus.

As far as I'm concerned I think your food looks yummy. I also love concoction rice. Great job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:33pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:
grin grin grin.

Shame all you want. Provided I don eat belleful, I ain't bothered about your negative comments.
Thank you Jesus.
My dog will love this ur cookin o grin That's how i cook my dogs food grin but without fish and some other things u added

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Mariangeles(f): 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2022
chukwugoziegi:

The best programme on Food Network. Chopped Junior and kiddies baking championship.

Kids creating their own recipe. Omo!!!!

I learn so much from those kids.

They're so creative, and are not afraid to explore.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by ubee(m): 8:36pm On Jun 04, 2022
This your point is another aspect of the post that surprised me.
Growing up my understanding of what conco rice is according to every one around me who were even much more experienced is that it's all about the type of rice you cook in a humble reality or situation of just basic and few ingredients like pepper, crayfish, seasoning cubes, onions and palm oil.

If you have some extra funds you can throw in dry fish.
But today people will create a very expensive and loaded meal and call it concoction rice.

Please who else here is in the same boat with me by understanding that it was strictly palm oil used to prepare conco rice, and not veg oil like some people are using nowadays?
inoki247:
All this people and attention concussion wey b say na only grinded pepper maggi with ororo or palm oil b d ingredients if u av money u put egg nd boil it together with it...

Na him u pack different spicy nd Fish put shocked shocked

well na from KG me don dey cook fried rice...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by uridiwan(m): 8:38pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:

Of course I do. There are various ways of cooking concoction rice and this is one of them

. I swear thats not concotion.. You can't have all these ingredient and name it concoction bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by NaijaCars4sale: 8:38pm On Jun 04, 2022
Hmm this brings back memories

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Mariangeles(f): 8:40pm On Jun 04, 2022
ubee:
This your point is another aspect of the post that surprised me.
Growing up my understanding of what conco rice is according to every one around me who were even much more experienced is that it's all about the type of rice you cook in a humble reality or situation of just basic and feel ingredients like pepper, crayfish, seasoning cubes, onions and palm oil.

If you have some extra funds you can throw in dry fish.
But today people will create a very expensive and loaded meal and call it concoction rice.

Please who else here is in the same boat with me by understanding that it was strictly palm oil used to prepare conco rice, and not veg oil like some people are using nowadays?

There's no particular way to cook concoction rice, that's why it's called concoction rice.
As long as you have rice, just throw in anything else you have.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by teabully(m): 8:40pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:
grin grin grin.

Thank you Jesus.
how much is used in preparing this, looks rich though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 04, 2022
Sucre6:
You added titus fish and tomatoes and u call it concoction rice.
You sabi wetin be concoction rice so shocked
Conconction rice equals to crayfish , pepper ,for some scent leaf,red oil,salt ,for some Maggi ,what else,no fish ,even if fish is involved,its small small catfish ,chai ,even there is conconction soup self..
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by pocohantas(f): 8:41pm On Jun 04, 2022
chukwugoziegi:

I'm glad it didn't affect the taste.

I don jam these modern day spice before. Curiosity carry me buy and and my precious joll of turned pink. Since then, I no dey near all these modern Joll of spice, fried rice Spice, mixed spices. Even if I will buy, make e be inside transparent container so I can see what I'm buying.

I don’t believe in mixed spices. I don’t use them, neither do I ever recommend them. They are just MSG with plenty colouring. No good cook uses them.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Dearlord(m): 8:42pm On Jun 04, 2022
Try to use palm wine instead of water, you will enjoy it more
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by fluffybaby(f): 8:44pm On Jun 04, 2022
Poster, this is wickedness. Send my portion abeg
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by MisterKennedy(m): 8:45pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:

Awwwnnn thank you Sir.

Yes I love to cook and I'm a caterer though not practing any more because of my new line of job.

Maybe in future when Im retired, I'll go back to my catering business.

Thanks.

You're welcome sweetie

I really want us to be friends Channah

Please send me a message on WhatsApp so that I can have your number.

I send you my number about 2 weeks ago but I didn't get any message from you.

Please send me a message on whatsapp this time Channah.

I really like your sweet personality

Please message me Channah

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:48pm On Jun 04, 2022
pocohantas:

I don’t believe in mixed spices. I don’t use them, neither do I ever recommend them. They are just MSG with plenty colouring. No good cook uses them.
No good cook uses anything outside of stock cubes and natural herbs and spices. Nigerians self, they don't understand that these useless spices might be dangerous. They just keep on buying.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by ubee(m): 8:48pm On Jun 04, 2022
You are totally in the same boat with me. See my post above.

Growing up my understanding of the dish is that it's management rice for person to manage.
No be dis expensive continental dish wey person dey call concoction rice.
Obinna666:

Conconction rice equals to crayfish , pepper ,for some scent leaf,red oil,salt ,for some Maggi ,what else,no fish ,even if fish is involved,its small small catfish ,chai ,even there is conconction soup self..
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Aliou007(m): 8:51pm On Jun 04, 2022
Mister Kennedy grin
MisterKennedy:

You're welcome sweetie

I really want us to be friends Channah

Please send me a message on WhatsApp so that I can have your number.

I send you my number about 2 weeks ago but I didn't get any message from you.

Please send me a message on whatsapp this time Channah.

I really like your sweet personality

Please message me Channah

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Fraudsters Manufacture Fake Coca-Cola Products: Be Warned / Party Food Packed With N500 Notes Added To Them (Photo) / Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.