Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,784 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa (10842 Views)

Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 / Tinubu Praises Awo And Other African Statesmen / Matthew Mbu On Tribalism, Awo And The North- A Must Read Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by jason123: 5:01am On Jul 20, 2011
Chyz*:

They new this before.[b] Its even on recording(audio) and paper. Biafra was set up in the same vain as the Easterners lived in their land traditionally, no king. All is for his own. Parliamentary system. [/b]Saro-wiwa was just an average joe who didn't know much. As you can see from his write up, he not only feared "Igbo domination" but "Ijaw(the biggest of the minority in his area) domination". That was where his ignorance messed him up.

Chyz, I can you please post a link to support the highlighted. As in a proper link or article. It will be very helpful. Thanks

@ the rest
I already explained that no group wants to be "swallowed" without any CONCRETE agreement.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by aljharem3: 5:10am On Jul 20, 2011
bashr4:

ode you didnt see where sarowiwa even mention that his local govt tai and eleme are hybrid of igbo ijaw and ogoni which me myself didnt even know. i thought tai and eleme where only ogoni , i dey laugh ooo, anyways old rivers state was bayelsa and rivers and ijaws where majority then but since bayelsa was created the igbos are now the majority in rivers with over 12 local govt out of the 23 lga. 4 others are hybrids and minorities in bayelsa state .
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-700671.96.html

i have links to prove otherwise but i would not derail the thread
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by EzeUche(m): 5:13am On Jul 20, 2011
My Igbo brothers are right. Any topic that deals with Igbos the Yorubas continue to worry about other people's business.

They should worry about their own land and how they have people who rather be Northerners than Yorubas which is PATHETIC.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by bashr4: 5:14am On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

i have links to prove otherwise but i would not derail the thread

i dont deal with links i deal with real life , but we can also start posting links both from their sons,govt,missionaries,church,neighbouring ethinicities like ijaw and ogoni,NDDC,politicians like omehia , elders past adminstrators and even your very own abokis and obasanjo(not faceless internet warriors that could be you) , you cant change who they are.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by aljharem3: 5:17am On Jul 20, 2011
bashr4:

i dont deal with links i deal with real life , but we can also start posting links both from their sons,govt,missionaries,church,neighbouring ethinicities like ijaw and ogoni,NDDC,politicians like omehia , elders past adminstrators and even your very own abokis and obasanjo(not faceless internet warriors that could be you) , you cant change who they are.

about 4 months ago i was in port harcourt and i am telling u the reality but u are choosing to deny

well good, don't want to derail this thread
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by bashr4: 5:17am On Jul 20, 2011
EzeUche:

My Igbo brothers are right. Any topic that deals with Igbos the Yorubas continue to worry about other people's business.

They should worry about their own land and how they have people who rather be Northerners than Yorubas which is PATHETIC.

one will think they should be bothered about the 70percent poverty rate in their region but it seems they dont even care about themselves , they spend so much time laughing at us on how we are killed in the north when they even have more casualties and loss of properties , i really dont understand these people.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by Chyz2: 5:18am On Jul 20, 2011
jason123:

Chyz, I can you please post a link to support the highlighted. As in a proper link or article. It will be very helpful. Thanks

@ the rest
I already explained that no group wants to be "swallowed" without any CONCRETE agreement.

It's all on the link I posted. Read the Mandate link on the left side and also read the other for a better understanding. (http://www.kwenu.com/biafra/biafra.htm)

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-__6EwtRLeM[/flash]

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrfUrJO-E0A&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by EzeUche(m): 5:19am On Jul 20, 2011
You would think all the minorities would have supported Biafra, because they were being massacred alongside Igbos.  undecided

I already mentioned how my mother's family was forced to flee Lagos for England, even though they were not Igbo.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by alex101(m): 5:19am On Jul 20, 2011
EzeUche:

They should worry about their own land and[b] how they have people who rather be Northerners than Yorubas which is PATHETIC.[/b]
The yorubas don't really like the northerners, heck they never like annybody, but because they fear the northerners, that is why they chicken out anytime they see the hausa/fulani. Their people are killed in the north, but they act like it's only Igbo that are affected, and they never ask why because of the fear they have for their hausa/fulani masters. SICKNESS!
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by aljharem3: 5:22am On Jul 20, 2011
alex101:

The yorubas don't really like the northerners, heck they never like annybody, but because they fear the northerners, that is why they chicken out anytime they see the hausa/fulani. Their people are killed in the north, but they act like it's only Igbo that are affected, and they never ask why because of the fear they have for their hausa/fulani masters. SICKNESS!

wrong thus it shows u do not live up north, that aside

EzeUche:

You would think all the minorities would have supported Biafra, because they were being massacred alongside Igbos.  undecided

I already mentioned how my mother's family was forced to flee Lagos for England, even though they were not Igbo.

but they were asked not to leave undecided samething they did in 1993, same 1999
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by bashr4: 5:23am On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

about 4 months ago i was in port harcourt and i am telling u the reality but u are choosing to deny

well good, don't want to derail this thread

your blabbing we have dealt with this over and over again funny enough its only NL yorubas like you that want to claim they are not igbos , no single ikwerre or rivers man on nairaland have denied even ijaws on nairaland dont deny it yet your jelousy and hatred for anything east wont let you mind your buisness. saro wiwa ,adaka boro and even present day rivers groups keep mentioning it yet shame no gree you mind your buisness. you need mental check up really.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by EzeUche(m): 5:26am On Jul 20, 2011
alj harem and jason - STAY OUT OF EASTERN AFFAIRS.

Is it that hard for you people to listen?
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by alex101(m): 5:26am On Jul 20, 2011
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by aljharem3: 5:27am On Jul 20, 2011
bashr4:

your blabbing we have dealt with this over and over again funny enough its only NL yorubas like you that want to claim they are not igbos , no single ikwerre or rivers man on nairaland have denied even ijaws on nairaland dont deny it yet your jelousy and hatred for anything east wont let you mind your buisness. saro wiwa ,adaka boro and even present day rivers groups keep mentioning it yet shame no gree you mind your buisness. you need mental check up really.

i am not talking about igbos really, i do not care about igbos that much but yes i do care about other NIGERIANS and IGBO NIGERIANS

so telling me to mind my business about igbo matters., yes i would do but other nigerians no
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by aljharem3: 5:28am On Jul 20, 2011
EzeUche:

alj harem and jason - STAY OUT OF EASTERN AFFAIRS.

Is it that hard for you people to listen?

east is abia, enugu, imo, ebonyi, anambra

yes i would do
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by EzeUche(m): 5:29am On Jul 20, 2011
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN3Odkz60NI[/flash]

Enjoy a non-Igbo sing about Biafra.

All hail Rex Lawson and all the groups that supported Biafra.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by aljharem3: 5:30am On Jul 20, 2011
EzeUche:

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN3Odkz60NI[/flash]

Enjoy a non-Igbo sing about Biafra.

good song, who sang it
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by EzeUche(m): 5:31am On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

good song, who sang it

You do not know Rex Lawson? shocked shocked shocked

He was a Kalabari (Ijaw) who supported Biafra.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by aljharem3: 5:33am On Jul 20, 2011
EzeUche:

You do not know Rex Lawson? shocked shocked shocked

He was a Kalabari (Ijaw) who supported Biafra.

good biafra had supporters from minority ethnic groups even yorubas such as banjo, wole but certainly not the majorities
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by EzeUche(m): 5:35am On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

good biafra had supporters from minority ethnic groups even yorubas such as banjo, wole but certainly not the majorities

Stop commenting on things you know nothing about.  angry

Soon I will start insulting you in Ibibio.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by Obiagu1(m): 5:35am On Jul 20, 2011
Ken Saro Wiwa was a m.oron called a leader. I think his people should be ashamed of him.
He fought against Biafra and finally his people lost Oil company headquarters from PH to Lagos. Who won? The deceitful Awo.

At the end of the day, the m.oron realised his mistakes, tried secession or was accused of it, killed by Nigeria he sold Biafra to.

The same goes to Adaka Boro, the m.oron-in-chief. Ijaw land is one of the least developed in the country, their land devastated and despoiled and his people in perpetual militancy and backward. When will it end? It's time his people demolish his statue and call a spade a spade. He sold his people for NOTHING!

What justifies someone's actions is the final outcome. Both Ken Saro Wiwa and Adaka Boko are failed leaders that sold their people. Visionless, reactionary, clueless, gullible and lacked direction.

I despise "leaders" that put sentiment before reason.

Wiwa's confession, I wish I'd known.

With the war ended, and as a Commissioner in Rivers State, I soon found that the Rivers State for which I had fought did not end my nightmare. In the first place, oil money from Ogoni country (as well as Ijaw country) was being carted away to Lagos, leaving the Ogoni illiterate and backward. This is anti-federalism. Worse still, the Ijaws were taking their frustrations out on the non-Ijaws of the State.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by alex101(m): 5:37am On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

Don't even mention banjo, because if he had obeyed orders, we will not be having this conversation, as we will be in different countries.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by aljharem3: 5:38am On Jul 20, 2011
EzeUche:

Stop commenting on things you know nothing about.  angry

Soon I will start insulting you in Ibibio.

ok ok brother, as i said even biafra even had supports of yooruba extract such as wole, banjo, fela kuti

i don't see SE people remaining this brave men but u al remember saro who insulted ur people

makes me think u all are just licking the eastern minority a55 until u get ur biafra

i might be wrong
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by EzeUche(m): 5:39am On Jul 20, 2011
The only way there will be peace on Nairaland is when clowns like alj harem are banned and forbidden to discuss topics that involve the East.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by aljharem3: 5:40am On Jul 20, 2011
alex101:

Don't even mention banjo, because if he had obeyed orders, we will not be having this conversation, as we will be in different countries.

to invade his people and deliever lagos to ojukwu
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by aljharem3: 5:42am On Jul 20, 2011
EzeUche:

The only way there will be peace on Nairaland is when clowns like alj harem are banned and forbidden to discuss topics that involve the East.

why because i said the truth

is it not obvious to even me not to talk of eastern minorities
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by Obiagu1(m): 5:42am On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

ok ok brother, as i said even biafra even had supports of yooruba extract such as wole, banjo, fela kuti

i don't see SE people remaining this brave men but u al remember saro who insulted your people

makes me think u all are just licking the eastern minority a55 until u get your biafra

i might be wrong

We lick no ones a.s.s.  angry

If we had only SE then, then only the SE would have seceded but the minorities were fully in Biafran territory and their people voted in support of secession in eastern house of assembly and an Ijaw man named the new country Biafra. So what are you talking about? I hate people say things for the sake of talking!
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by bashr4: 5:44am On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

believe what ever you want just learn to start minding your buisness.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by EzeUche(m): 5:45am On Jul 20, 2011
We need to learn to ignore alj harem. No matter how annoying he can be.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by aljharem3: 5:47am On Jul 20, 2011
Obiagu1:

We lick no ones a.s.s.  angry

If we had only SE then, then only the SE would have seceded but the minorities were fully in Biafran territory and their people voted in support of secession in eastern house of assembly and an Ijaw man named the new country Biafra. So what are you talking about? I hate people say things for the sake of talking!

yes you do lick thier a55 and that is why u would keep praising and begging minorities over anything. U always want to show the north and west bad in front of them so they can love you more.

No they were not as u can see in the case of edwin, saro , boro dokubo, ikwerri people after the soider arrived etc

say the truth and shame the devil
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by Obiagu1(m): 5:47am On Jul 20, 2011
EzeUche:

We need to learn to ignore alj harem. No matter how annoying he can be.

The same goes for any non-Easterners who dare comment on our affairs.

I think that will be a very good policy!
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by alex101(m): 5:48am On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

Ok, since he didn't obey orders, awolowo obeyed gowon's orders and delivered his people (yorubas) to the hausa/fulani  for enslavement smiley.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti / Supreme Court Upholds Right of Female Child to Inherit Properties in Igboland / Ogbonnaya Onu Celebrates His 69th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.