Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,423 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa (10839 Views)

Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 / Tinubu Praises Awo And Other African Statesmen / Matthew Mbu On Tribalism, Awo And The North- A Must Read Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by aljharem3: 5:49am On Jul 20, 2011
alex101:

Ok, since he didn't obey orders, awolowo obeyed gowon's orders and delivered his people (yorubas) to the hausa/fulani  for enslavement smiley.

awolowo obeyed gowon because he was the president but when did he deliever his people to hausa/fulani

gowon is not even hausa/fulani
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by alex101(m): 5:51am On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

awolowo obeyed gowon because he was the president but when did he deliever his people to hausa/fulani

gowon is not even hausa/fulani
awolowo sacrificed his people at the slave altar to the hausa/fulani in 1967 cool
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by aljharem3: 5:54am On Jul 20, 2011
alex101:

awolowo sacrificed his people at the slave altar to the hausa/fulani in 1967 cool

how?
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by ChinenyeN(m): 6:38am On Jul 20, 2011
These 'minorities' and their Igbophobia. Anyway, I prefer the Ogoni case to the Ijo.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by Onlytruth(m): 8:59am On Jul 20, 2011
What really baffles me is why Yorubas always feel that their lives depend on stoking enmities in the East.
Oh I get it now.
If Eastern minorities listen and follow Igbo, the exploitation of their oil resources by Yoruba (and Hausa) would end abruptly.
That is simple enough. That explains why Yorubas flock to Igbo and Eastern threads trying to create confusion.

I don't believe in a "Niger delta" because it has been the vehicle of stupidity which has undermined the survival of Eastern minorities more than any other thing. That is why I don't read stuff from the so called "Niger delta congress" website. I am yet to read one article that makes sense from it.
Perhaps when Igbos join the Yorubas and Hausas to start mapping out and sharing oilfields in these lands, folks from these areas would never learn.

They should continue in their stupidity. One day we will join Yorubas! cool
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by Onlytruth(m): 9:13am On Jul 20, 2011
Somehow I really think that only when Igbos become as heartless as Yorubas would we earn deserved respect from our minority neighbors.
Our conscience remains our biggest cross which weighs us down at every turn.
They should pray that nothing happens soon in Nigeria because if it does, Ndigbo may be forced to align with Hausa/Fulani, while these minorities would have to make do with a Yoruba alliance.
Now, that is a fight I would like to have, only that the Yoruba would run away and hand over the minorities even before a shot is fired.

If I were an eastern minorities person, the LAST person I would have anything to do with is a Yoruba.
Not being tribalistic. It is just a fact.
You can count on the Igbo to stand and fight on your side.
The Hausa may do that if you allow him to continue ruling over you for ever and stealing your resources, and if the danger is not big enough.

The way I see it, Igbo man is the minorities only true savior and best friend in Nigeria. cool and it is all because we have a soul.

I don't know for how long we would be that way though because a lot of us are beginning to ask hard questions about our conscience.
Has it paid us, or has it allowed our neighbors to stab us in the back and try to collect our fair dues, and still call us names?
Still scratching my head. . .

1 Like

Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by Seanet1000: 10:07am On Jul 20, 2011
Must you post the same thrash twice before we undertame your pathetic plight? Talk is cheap
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by vicenzo(m): 11:07am On Jul 20, 2011
What made the eastern minorities to think that the the north and the west would be of any help to them, still beats me,what these people fail to understand is that ndiigbo is their big brother,nobody takes them serious without their big brother,all the yoruba and the north needed to do,in order to exploit them,was to remove the influence of this big brother,then they became vulnerable to the vultures,saro wiwa realized this late,hence his plea for igbo's help, but he failed to realize that he and his kind,had since rendered ndiigbo incapable of protecting the eastern minorities.

Saro wiwa was paranoid,he feared ndiigbo's domination in biafra,he feared ijaw's domination in rivers state(nigeria),he feared death.How can such a man full of fears be a leader?
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by bashr4: 11:30am On Jul 20, 2011
Seanet1000:

Thank you Awolowo for Using your intellectual Supremacy over ojukwu, zik and france to Defend the People of Oduduwa from the ill wishes of weeds. Thank you for saving our lives from the tribe of human eaters. We are so grateful. Mind you weeds, we have gotten millions of Black Scorpion to deal Ruthless with you cannibals if you decide to go on your delusional mission again. We gotta a range of Ore's where we will skinned you intruders alive. This time around we will give you the Somali treatment. Smash their head on the rock. Hahahahahahahahaha

only someone that does not know the yorubas will take what your wrote seriously. i think your talking about yoruba poverty stricken cockroaches and cannibalism even up till today. bunch of cowards only God know when you will stop eating human beings and despoling pregnant women. meanwhile your slave masters hausa fulanis kill you more than anyother southern group when they decide to go on rampage but of course history has shown that yorubas dont care about the life and welcare of the common yoruba man.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-349159.0.html
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by Seanet1000: 11:40am On Jul 20, 2011
bashr4:

only someone that does not know the yorubas will take what your wrote seriously. i think your talking about yoruba poverty stricken cockroaches and cannibalism even up till today. bunch of cowards only God know when you will stop eating human beings and despoling pregnant women. meanwhile your slave masters hausa fulanis kill you more than anyother southern group when they decide to go on rampage but of course history has shown that yorubas dont care about the life and welcare of the common yoruba man.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-349159.0.html
Very ibutic reasoning
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by NegroNtns(m): 12:03pm On Jul 20, 2011
<Quote>Onlytruth:
Somehow I really think that only when Igbos become as heartless as Yorubas would we earn deserved respect from our minority neighbors.
Our conscience remains our biggest cross which weighs us down at every turn.
They should pray that nothing happens soon in Nigeria because if it does, Ndigbo may be forced to align with Hausa/Fulani, while these minorities would have to make do with a Yoruba alliance.
Now, that is a fight I would like to have, only that the Yoruba would run away and hand over the minorities even before a shot is fired.

If I were an eastern minorities person, the LAST person I would have anything to do with is a Yoruba.
Not being tribalistic. It is just a fact.
You can count on the Igbo to stand and fight on your side.
The Hausa may do that if you allow him to continue ruling over you for ever and stealing your resources, and if the danger is not big enough.

The way I see it, Igbo man is the minorities only true savior and best friend in Nigeria.  and it is all because we have a soul.

I don't know for how long we would be that way though because a lot of us are beginning to ask hard questions about our conscience.
Has it paid us, or has it allowed our neighbors to stab us in the back and try to collect our fair dues, and still call us names?
Still scratching my head. . <Quote>

Eastern big brother, You are a savior now?
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by NegroNtns(m): 12:07pm On Jul 20, 2011
To Igbos on the forum,

We are having verbal discussions, not savagery hunt, so keep your venom under your tongue. Also watch your exhibited rage and take care so your veins don't bust or you get nervous break down.

Breath in -- hold it -- now out! In -- hold -- out!!
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by bashr4: 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

To Igbos on the forum,

We are having verbal discussions, not savagery hunt, so keep your venom under your tongue. Also watch your exhibited rage and take care so your veins don't bust or you get nervous break down.

Breath in -- hold it -- now out! In -- hold -- out!!

tell that to that savage called senate or you dont see anything wrong in what he wrote
Seanet1000:

Thank you Awolowo for Using your intellectual Supremacy over ojukwu, zik and france to Defend the People of Oduduwa from the ill wishes of weeds. Thank you for saving our lives from the tribe of human eaters. We are so grateful. Mind you weeds, we have gotten millions of Black Scorpion to deal Ruthless with you cannibals if you decide to go on your delusional mission again. We gotta a range of Ore's where we will skinned you intruders alive. This time around we will give you the Somali treatment. Smash their head on the rock. Hahahahahahahahaha
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by NegroNtns(m): 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2011
Bashr,

I don't have a clue what you are talking 'bout.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by naijaking1: 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2011
vicenzo:

What made the eastern minorities to think that the the north and the west would be of any help to them, still beats me,what these people fail to understand is that ndiigbo is their big brother,nobody takes them serious without their big brother,all the yoruba and the north needed to do,in order to exploit them,was to remove the influence of this big brother,then they became vulnerable to the vultures,saro wiwa realized this late,hence his plea for igbo's help, but he failed to realize that he and his kind,had since rendered ndiigbo incapable of protecting the eastern minorities.

Saro wiwa was paranoid,he feared ndiigbo's domination in biafra,he feared ijaw's domination in rivers state(nigeria),he feared death.How can such a man full of fears be a leader?

Word!
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by Sike(m): 1:22pm On Jul 20, 2011
Seanet1000:

Oh oh! That's Harsh!!! Hahahaha
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by mathskill: 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2011
If ogoni land,oloibiri,and other oil spill devasted part's of the niger-delta could be turned into another abuja
If only no other religion,tribe or region would not want to subjugate another
If only no pastor or imam will venture into politics
If only we don't view each other from the prism of religion or ethnicity
If only we harbour good will to each other
If only our leader's were selfless
If only we were 'thy brother's keeper'
If only majority tribes hausa/fulani,yoruba and igbo live in peace and harmony with all minority tribes
If only there was justice and fairness in our land .
The europeans fought the 100year war's,world war 1 and 2 but they saw it futile and ended up with the european union
Whether we like it or not we need each other.
Majority of the 9/11 attacker's were saudi arabian's yet america buy's saudi oil,america sold weapons to iran in the contra affair,the british navy once saved a distressed russian rescue mini-sub.
I hope and pray we prosper.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by dayokanu(m): 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2011
Ok,
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by ChinenyeN(m): 4:07pm On Jul 20, 2011
This is how I see it. The Igbo do not owe any of the 'minorities' anything. Plain and simple. This is what they chose for themselves. So they should solve it by themselves. The Igbo are not a 'big brother' to any of these 'minorities'. Plain and simple. There is no such thing as 'big brother' in the east. It has always been 'to each his own'.

Most importantly, the Igbo should close their eyes and ears and even more so, their minds, to these 'minorities'. Its as simple as that.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by EzeUche(m): 4:09pm On Jul 20, 2011
ChinenyeN:

This is how I see it. The Igbo do not owe any of the 'minorities' anything. Plain and simple. This is what they chose for themselves. So they should solve it by themselves. The Igbo are not a 'big brother' to any of these 'minorities'. Plain and simple. There is no such thing as 'big brother' in the east. It has always been 'to each his own'.

Most importantly, the Igbo should close their eyes and ears and even more so, their minds, to these 'minorities'. Its as simple as that.

These words are words of wisdom!  cheesy

To each his own!
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by vicenzo(m): 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Chineye,you and i know that nobody takes them serious without ndiigbo,all GEJ needed for other nigerians to take him serious was ndiigbo's endorsement,he ran his campaign as an igbo,not as an ijaw,the igbo names Azikiwe and ebele was to that effect.You are right though,it's high time we stop deceiving ourselves,we have to start looking out for our interest in this dungeon,the minorities should look out for themselves.
ChinenyeN:

Chineye,you and i know that nobody takes them serious without ndiigbo,all GEJ needed for other nigerians to take him serious was ndiigbo's endorsement,he ran his campaign as an igbo,not as an ijaw,the igbo names Azikiwe and ebele was to that effect.You are right though,it's high time we stop deceiving ourselves,we have to start looking out for our interest in this dungeon,the minorities should look out for themselves.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by EzeUche(m): 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2011
Vicenzo and ChineneyN it is time we put Igbo first. I am tired of hearing this "big brother" nonsense that some of Igbo brothers continue to talk about. We are not playing "big brother" to anyone. No matter what we do, it will never be good enough. Put the Igbo man first.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by Onlytruth(m): 5:16pm On Jul 20, 2011
Posted by: ChinenyeN

I think the bolded is just how the minorities see it. However, what they fail to understand is that we are in Nigeria, and if they did not have oil, then that philosophy would be ok, afterall there would then be nothing to protect. In such a scenario, all they would need to do is sit back and wait for the usual sharing of national cake by the Federal government. I believe that is what the northern minorities do. They really have nothing to protect, and are happy with whatever allocation they get. Northern minorities have nothing to lose. The opposite is the case with Eastern minorities whose resources and lands are being pillaged by mindless folks.

But for Jonathan who has demonstrated uncommon wisdom and understanding in engaging Ndigbo at the national politics, I would have tossed these folks under the bus.  undecided  cool
Let's be a little patient though.
GEJ might just do the magic.  cool
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by EzeUche(m): 5:27pm On Jul 20, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: ChinenyeN
I think the bolded is just how the minorities see it. However, what they fail to understand is that we are in Nigeria, and if they did not have oil, then that philosophy would be ok, afterall there would then be nothing to protect. In such a scenario, all they would need to do is sit back and wait for the usual sharing of national cake by the Federal government. I believe that is what the northern minorities do. They really have nothing to protect, and are happy with whatever allocation they get. Northern minorities have nothing to lose. The opposite is the case with Eastern minorities whose resources and lands are being pillaged by mindless folks.

But for Jonathan who has demonstrated uncommon wisdom and understanding in engaging Ndigbo at the national politics, I would have tossed these folks under the bus.  undecided  cool
Let's be a little patient though.
GEJ might just do the magic.  cool

My brother, you are too kind to the minorities. They will never learn and they will always fear Igbo domination. Put the Igbo man first before all others.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by jason123: 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2011
@ ALL
Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas are NOT big brother to anyone. It is this same arrogance that has not made Nigeria progress. What makes you think they (your neighbours) are not mature enough to make their decision

@ Onlytruth
Does it explain what I was saying the other day
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by Chyz2: 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2011
EzeUche:

Vicenzo and ChineneyN it is time we put Igbo first. I am tired of hearing this "big brother" nonsense that some of Igbo brothers continue to talk about. We are not playing "big brother" to anyone. No matter what we do, it will never be good enough. Put the Igbo man first.

Point blank. cool
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by Chyz2: 5:36pm On Jul 20, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Okwu cool
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by Onlytruth(m): 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2011
Posted by: jason123

@ ALL
Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas are NOT big brother to anyone. It is this same arrogance that has not made Nigeria progress. What makes you think they (your neighbours) are not mature enough to make their decision

@ Onlytruth
Does it explain what I was saying the other day

What were you trying to explain. Remind me.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by jason123: 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2011
Onlytruth:

What really baffles me is why Yorubas always feel that their lives depend on stoking enmities in the East.
Oh I get it now.
If Eastern minorities listen and follow Igbo, the exploitation of their oil resources by Yoruba (and Hausa) would end abruptly.
That is simple enough. That explains why Yorubas flock to Igbo and Eastern threads trying to create confusion.

I don't believe in a "Niger delta" because it has been the vehicle of stupidity which has undermined the survival of Eastern minorities more than any other thing
. That is why I don't read stuff from the so called "Niger delta congress" website. I am yet to read one article that makes sense from it.
Perhaps when Igbos join the Yorubas and Hausas to start mapping out and sharing oilfields in these lands, folks from these areas would never learn.

They should continue in their stupidity. One day we will join Yorubas!  cool

@HIghlighted

Just seen it.
You are funny!!! grin grin
So Ndigbo will not exploit the "neighbours" but Hausas and Yorubas will Oh, Igbos are SAINTS! grin grin cheesy
Secondly, The Niger -delta is a combination of the smaller groups in the West and East!!! If there is a MID-WEST, there has to be a "Mid east". grin cheesy
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by ChinenyeN(m): 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2011
I'm a person of little to no tolerance. So, I've already tossed them under the bus. I have extended family and friends from SS and we've had this discussion about Igbo and 'minorities' and quite frankly, my tolerance for them and their lot has run out. In the place of that tolerance (or lack thereof) sits dislike, the same kind that I have for my Ikwere kin. I don't even communicate with those extended family and friends anymore, and I'm applying the same mentality to national politics. The Igbo should keep their eye, ears and minds closed to these 'minorities' and their predicaments. Their failure is not the for the Igbo to carry. Other more pressing matters are facing the Igbo.

No brotherhood. No 'big brother' east. They chose to be 'minorities' and so it's high time them as their self-imposed classification implies; as minorities.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by jason123: 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: jason123
What were you trying to explain. Remind me.

Your thread about Azikwe, Awolowo and Bello. When I said Awolowo was the Realist, Bello had the Foresight and Azikwe had the Dream.
Re: Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa by jason123: 5:43pm On Jul 20, 2011
ChinenyeN:

I'm a person of little to no tolerance. So, I've already tossed them under the bus. I have extended family and friends from SS and we've had this discussion about Igbo and 'minorities' and quite frankly, my tolerance for them and their lot has run out. In the place of that tolerance (or lack thereof) sits dislike, the same kind that I have for Ikwere. I don't even communicate with those extended family and friends anymore, and I'm applying the same mentality to national politics. The Igbo should keep their eye, ears and minds closed to these 'minorities' and their predicaments. Their failure is not the for the Igbo to carry. Other more pressing matters are facing the Igbo.

No brotherhood. No 'big brother' east. They chose to be 'minorities' and so it's high time them as their self-imposed classification implies; as minorities.

Wrong.
They do not wanted to be dominated by Yoru-Igbo! That led to the creation of the Mid-west. Now, the baby created by the North and East has now mature to a FULL GROWN MAN (the Niger-delta). cheesy cheesy
On a real, what gives any of these groups (Yoruba and Igbo) to think they are our big brother and reserve the right to make decisions for us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Council On Foreign Relations Honors Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala For Shaping The World / Senate President Ahmed Lawan Hails Super Eagles’ Victory Over Cameroon / Breaking- Former Gov TA Orji Arrested With Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.