Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,877 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti (10842 Views)

Physically Challenged Persons Fight Over N15m NDDC Largesse / Ahmed Musa Ibeto, Niger Deputy Governor Ejected Out Of Government House / Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by aloyemeka1: 11:49pm On Oct 25, 2011
[size=14pt]Ekiti ejects 30 physically challenged Deltans[/size]
From PAUL OSUYI, Asaba
Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ekiti State Government has ejected over 30 physically challenged Deltans in their various special educational institutions, it was learnt yesterday in Asaba, Delta State capital. The government, it was said, took the decision due to the huge fund being spent on their welfare which it claimed was eating deep into the state lean resources.

Besides, the governments of Edo, Lagos and Kwara states were said to be warming up to emulate the action of Ekiti State as physically challenged were said to have taken special education institutions in these states.
National President of the Nigeria Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET), Dr. Joseph Okuoyibo stated this in Asaba at a press briefing ahead of the 23rd Annual Conference and Workshop of the association which starts today.
Dr. Okuoyibo also decried the attitude of some state governments for not implementing the 30% special allowance approved by the Federal Government for the special teachers, adding that the teachers were also being deprived of other incentives for motivation.

Delta State chairman of NASET, Dr. (Mrs.) Catherine Onwubolu, attributed the migration of physically challenged Deltans to other states for education due to the dilapidated nature of infrastructures at special education institutions across the state and called on the government to pay adequate attention to the sector.

She emphasized that the environments of such institutions were not friendly to those who expected to make use of the decrepit infrastructures, adding that the state only recently implemented the payment of 15% special allowance for the secondary school special teachers only.

“I wept for Delta State when I moved round all the schools for the physically challenged. Like in the state capital, Asaba, Agbor, Ughelli and other areas, the state could not boast of good infrastructures for the learning of these children what a shame,” she lamented.
Ekiti State chairman of NASET, Alhaji Lawal Ganiyu, bemoaned the inability of Delta State Government to take responsibilities of its physically challenged persons whom he said were scattered all over the country and were being catered for by other states government.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/oct/25/508.html
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 25, 2011
All these beggars sef. . .why can't they just siddon and beg in their place of origin to beg instead of looking for greener pastures in another state.Inter-state begging from delta,emma bin oduagan state to ekiti ? Kudos to fayemi for the ''deportation''.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by aloyemeka1: 12:09am On Oct 26, 2011
Ilemoba Fayemi tongue tongue tongue
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by aloyemeka1: 1:59am On Oct 26, 2011
Where is Beaf hiding because he needs to allocate funds that can accommodate his homeless relatives. If Beaf had been respectful to the people of Ekiti, his kinsmen would have been comfortably enjoying Ekiti tax payers largess, tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by ektbear: 8:15am On Oct 26, 2011
I no fit laff grin
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 26, 2011
Another very divisive development. First the Abia indigenes thingy, now this. *smh*
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by FACE(m): 9:05am On Oct 26, 2011
How much money will Ekiti state save by ejecting 30 disabled people from schools in Ekiti ? If they think that they need to save their resources by ejecting 30 helpless people who share facilities with others, then the state is in trouble and should be merged with another state.

If the story is true, then there is no difference between the governor and Abia state governor and both should be tied to a stake and flogged real hard.

I see that many states are doing things that discriminate other people in their states and I can only see one result. The sooner everyone heads to a table to discuss the future of Nigeria, the better for everyone.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by ektbear: 9:12am On Oct 26, 2011
Err, you can run your own personal affairs in as profligate a manner as you like.

But surely you cannot object to others who are trying to save cash. Isn't as if taking care of disabled people is something cheaply done.

Delta is quite a bit wealthier than Ekiti, so is probably able to better shoulder the burden of these disabled Deltans than other states.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Rhino5dm: 9:27am On Oct 26, 2011
This is what you get when a state chooses to be paying OBJ 2 billion naira monthly bribe.

All hail Mullah Muammar Emmanuel Eweta Ibn Uduaghan al-Gaddafi grin grin grin

The most useless governor to ever set his foot on this earth.

The other day was a protest by Delta State[b] Association Of Unemployed Graduates[/b]. shocked shocked Chei! I no fit shout.

If a poor state like Ekiti could eject destitutes from Delta, then Delta is soooo unlucky to be governed by a crook. The norm is, to hear ejection of northern Almajiri.

Kai! Odikwa too serious oooo!
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by FACE(m): 10:51am On Oct 26, 2011
Sacking disabled residents from schools because their states of origin are elsewhere and in a desperate bid to save money is the height of discrimination/wickedness caused by penury. Any state that needs to sack 30 disabled students from school in a bid to save money deserves to be made a local government of another state. The students do not have their own individual teachers and facilities, they share with other students and it is very malicious to discriminate them as if nature has not done that already.

The fed allocations that states receive are meant for the welfare of every resident in the states regardless of their states of origin. Part of that allocation is meant for education and no state has the rights to deny any resident the opportunity to have some education sponsored from the fed account.

Nigeria constitution recognises the rights of all Nigerians to live, school and work in any part of Nigeria that they choose. If any state does not like the constitution as it is, they should take it up with NASS through their representatives and not act like poor gangstars.

Denial of equal opportunity is not limited to Ekiti state; it is a national problem and is encouraged by the constitution to a large degree, which makes it very necessary to revisit the constitution and agree to live together or go our separate ways.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Ohaneze1: 10:54am On Oct 26, 2011
I think Ekiti state is merely seeking for recognition and attention. This is the only thing Eketi can do to be known or appears to be existing. Imagine Rwanda deporting a Briton. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nchara: 10:55am On Oct 26, 2011
What is the difference between Ekiti, Abia and Lagos? All have sacked or deported fellow Nigerians for one reason or another.
I dey laugh ohh

These three Govs have sealed their political fates. They can never contest and win elections that require people from other states/zones to vote for them.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by playmode(m): 11:02am On Oct 26, 2011
I don't support this at all.This is inhumane,we are citizens of the same country.This is more or less Apartheid.

If the governor wants to save money,he should cut down the salary of all top Government officials and do away with expensive Government cars.

If Ekiti state can not take care of the children ,they should appeal to the FGN for help or create a website where concerned citizens can donate to help fund the care of this people.

If the Governor wants to contest in an election now ,it won't be hard for him to find sponsors.

That is why i maintain that Africans are the most selfish people on this planet.I think our Governors are now starting to get arrogant and selfish.We Yorubas are not monsters and we don't support actions like this.These are not beggars ,they are physically challenged people.

On the other hand ,the delta state Government should be ashamed of itself.With all the money being generated from oil ,how come they can't cater for their needy
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by ektbear: 11:07am On Oct 26, 2011
*shrug*

The alternative is a situation in which irresponsible governors and states who aren't willing to provide for the basic needs of their citizens get to push the burden onto those governors/states which do provide what is needed.

If you care so much about them, take money from your own pocket to help them. Or pressure your own governor to step up and take care of his citizens.

Much better than passing the blame for your state's failures onto others.

Imagine ruining healthcare in your own state so badly that your disabled have to abandon your state and run away to Ekiti of all places. We don't have the money to spend taking care of somebody else's problem.

Rather than for people to use their brains and call for Delta to fix it's healthcare and education system, they are crying. Pathetic.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by aloyemeka1: 11:17am On Oct 26, 2011
Ohaneze1:

Imagine Rwanda deporting a Briton.  grin grin grin grin grin
Roflmao grin grin grin grin
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by ektbear: 11:20am On Oct 26, 2011
playmode:

That is why i maintain that Africans are the most selfish people on this planet.I think our Governors are now starting to get arrogant and selfish.We Yorubas are not monsters and we don't support actions like this.These are not beggars ,they are physically challenged people.

Wtf? Which kind of "monster" be this?

Where in the world is it that State X is expected to take care of the very expensive citizens of State Y?

Doesn't work that way anywhere in the world.

Or if I fall ill and Nigeria cannot take care of me, you think the UK will be willing to pick up the tab?

If I fall ill and have no health insurance where I live, will Iowa be interested in spending their limited funds taking care of me, a resident of another state?

If it turns out that these Deltans are long-time Ekiti residents, then that is a different matter. But somehow I doubt that this is the case. . .
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Francis5: 11:24am On Oct 26, 2011
I like the tone this is taking. First it was Lagos deporting beggars, then Abia sacking non-Abia workers, now Ekiti deporting the handicapped. It is getting to an all-man-for-himself situation. Has the time finally  come to give the oil money to those on whose soil the oil is obtained? Let everyone fend for themselves.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Kx: 12:52pm On Oct 26, 2011
They repatriated physically challenged non indigenes to their state, yet when US, Britain, etc repatriate illegal immigrant nigerians they complain.

One Nigeria Indeed!
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2011
so much for one nigeria
when are the hausas going to chase out the 'infidels' in their midst
i love the direction this country is headin
to your tents o israel!
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Otunbakay(m): 1:45pm On Oct 26, 2011
playmode:

I don't support this at all.This is inhumane,we are citizens of the same country.This is more or less Apartheid.

If the governor wants to save money,he should cut down the salary of all top Government officials and do away with expensive Government cars.

If Ekiti state can not take care of the children ,they should appeal to the FGN for help or create a website where concerned citizens can donate to help fund the care of this people.

If the Governor wants to contest in an election now ,it won't be hard for him to find sponsors.

On the other hand ,the delta state Government should be ashamed of itself.With all the money being generated from oil ,how come they can't cater for their needy
Objectiveness should be the watch word of every contribution, worth the time spent on any post. . . . Thanks and God bless you sir.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 26, 2011
Ohaneze1:

I think Ekiti state is merely seeking for recognition and attention. This is the only thing Eketi can do to be known or appears to be existing. Imagine Rwanda deporting a Briton. grin grin grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

@Topic

O ga oooo, what a terrible thing to do. Heartless creatures.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 26, 2011
Better that, imo.

A state that cannot much provide for itself now needs to provide for outsiders?

If I had an option, I'd also eject the Fulani herdsmen and their cows cool

Dont become a liability on us.

I dont think Britons would be going to Rwanda for treatment if Briton was all that. undecided As much as that analogy tickles my funny bone.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by nduchucks: 2:40pm On Oct 26, 2011
This is another reason why we need our residency laws modified with immediate effect. There is a very high probability that the disabled deltans have been living in Ekiti for generations. They deserve the same rights and privileges as other Ekiti residents. With the appropriate changes to the said achaic laws, this kind of insensitivity and outright ungodly wickedness will be reduced.

What a disgrace! These disabled people are Nigerians and most of all human beings - lets treat each other with dignity.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Beaf: 2:52pm On Oct 26, 2011
ndu_chucks:

This is another reason why we need our residency laws modified with immediate effect. There is a very high probability that the disabled deltans have been living in Ekiti for generations. They deserve the same rights and privileges as other Ekiti residents. With the appropriate changes to the said achaic laws, this kind of insensitivity and outright ungodly wickedness will be reduced.

What a disgrace! These disabled people are Nigerians and most of all human beings - lets treat each other with dignity.

I agree to this a hundred percent. It is hard to describe the degree of disgust in words.

@topic
There is a growing love for primitive ethnically bigotted behaviour in Nigeria.
What a they going to do next? Kill people who are not from Ekiti? This is how Hitler started.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Beaf: 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Where is Beaf hiding because he needs to allocate funds that can accommodate his homeless relatives. If Beaf had been respectful to the people of Ekiti, his kinsmen would have been comfortably enjoying Ekiti tax payers largess, tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

You have taken to talking like a fool these days, like your brains are firmly bolted in your arse.
What we are witnessing is racism and the small minds that applaud it. States like Ekiti would be closed down and merged with others in a decent country.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by omega25red(m): 2:59pm On Oct 26, 2011
~Bluetooth:

All these beggars sef. . .why can't they just siddon and beg in their place of origin to beg instead of looking for greener pastures in another state.Inter-state begging from delta,emma bin oduagan state to ekiti ? Kudos to fayemi for the ''deportation''.
shocked shocked im very shocked at this statement and this thread
People are getting deported from different states in the same country shocked shocked
i guess people dont know the history of Germany in the 1930s. it is starting to sound like a new Nazi party is forming in Nigeria. Crazy shyt
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 26, 2011
This is a worrisome development. I don't think the government can save a whole lot of money by ejecting just 30 students.
It is unfair and the fact that they are disabled makes it inhumane.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by ektbear: 3:06pm On Oct 26, 2011
@Aigbofa: Bleh. If it is inhumane, how much more inhumane are the relatives of these people who abandoned them? How much more their own state (Delta) which has abandoned them?

Next someone will tell me it is our responsibility to take care of indigenes of Mali
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 26, 2011
ekt_bear:

@Aigbofa: Bleh. If it is inhumane, how much more inhumane are the relatives of these people who abandoned them? How much more their own state (Delta) which has abandoned them?

Next someone will tell me it is our responsibility to take care of indigenes of Mali

These are not people from a different country, they are Nigerians. If Delta state want's to reject them, that doesn't mean Ekiti should follow suit.
The argument that this is about saving money is not defensible in my opinion.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by ektbear: 3:29pm On Oct 26, 2011
@Aigbofa: So their own state and family has rejected them.

Yet Ekiti must take care of them?

Why? Why does Ekiti owe them anything beyond what their family and state owes them 

This generosity is perhaps admirable for a person to do in their personal affairs, but a state government cannot do the same. Cannot be "generous" to people it is is not responsible for.

Unless these people have been documented as living in Ekiti State for a substantial period of time (doubtful, I'm guessing), then someone else needs to take care of them.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 26, 2011
Aigbofa:

These are not people from a different country, they are Nigerians. If Delta state want's to reject them, that doesn't mean Ekiti should follow suit.
The argument that this is about saving money is not defensible in my opinion.

oh this is was happening in the education sector?

i thought this whole fandetta was going on in the health sectors. undecided

The thing is, nigeria does not provide for the disabled, be it student or business man.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by nduchucks: 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2011
ekt_bear:

Unless these people have been documented as living in Ekiti State for a substantial period of time (doubtful, I'm guessing), then someone else needs to take care of them.

ekun_bear, what period in your opinion constitutes "substantial period of time". IMO, 2 years should be enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ogbonnaya Onu Celebrates His 69th Birthday Today / LP Resorting To Masses’ Court, Says LP Campaign Spokesman, Yunusa Tanko / Tinubu Appoints Barikor, Amgbare As Heads Of NESREA, NDRBDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.