Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,696 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand (33433 Views)

My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! / My Son's Behavior Is Getting Out Of Hand / My Ex Said Her Son Is Mine - Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by lamanda(m): 2:02pm On Jun 09, 2022
Sorry Ma'am, this reminds me of my cousin brother during his teen days. Kindly trick them to a police station (Divisional) to be precise & detain them for 48 Hours with the police cooperation & when you're ready to bail them; let the DPO force them to write an undertaking of '2 copies' with all your conditions stated. 1 copy for you & the other to be filed in the station. I bet you, they will regain their senses back after this experience & you'll realize why police is 'truly' your friend. cool

It has been my aunty's practice as a widow of 3 years then & it really worked for her till they all grew up and became responsible men in the society.

1 Like

Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by chukwuibuipob: 2:03pm On Jun 09, 2022
U want it?
Octopusssy:

What are you doing with the mother's naked picture?
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by Mode99: 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2022
They need a stronger hands
And prayers....

But for you to get things right,
You really have to keep them closer,
Try to be more friendly,
Make them your best friend's
Always make time to sit and talk to them...

Always apply wisdom,not Force!!!
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by chukwuibuipob: 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2022
cool Small MkpuruMiri pls
Gamesmart:

More useless prayers!
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by Kaymansion(m): 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
Only God can take control of their lives...

They are at the stage (teenage boys like them are everywhere) continue praying for them
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by Klass99(f): 2:13pm On Jun 09, 2022
smiley
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by Octopusssy(f): 2:29pm On Jun 09, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
U want it?
No, the question is what are you doing with the nude photo of somebody's mother which was taken by her useless and unfortunate son?
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by Mimiranky: 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2022
Send them to the barrack for one week.... After that they will be gentle as a dove.....
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2022
LivingTribunal:
Telling them to leave the house would be the biggest mistake, because it will be their wish to leave the house and stay far from thier mother's interference, they will move into a friend's place and the rest are stories.

if she cant control them AND if they dont want to respect her motherly advice, then she has to let them go....keeping them in her house letting them do this disrespectful rubbish will only worsen it all, til one day they will do the unthinkable of raising their hands on her....haba!

she did the best she could do, let her find peace and they should do the same on their own.

descartes400:
Agreed! but she should wait until they turn 18yrs of age and then kick them out!

true....she should throw the 19yr old out the house asap, and let the younger one see that she aint playing. bu if he doesnt change his ays, or worsen before he turns 18, she has to protect herself and her home, by any means necessary.

malvisguy212:
@ Anobody please don't take the above advice. The best solutions is to find for them a Godfather who is a military personnel and if they misbehave , he has the right to wipe them.

not everyone has the right brotha/uncle/street n1gga to straighten these kids..... and even if you have, its maybe already too late. if their attitude is due to igbo smoking and/or cultism etc, you are better off to let them go.

Ara21:
Everything you said is okay, but those children will not listen to any brother/uncle as it is now, the best thing for her is to take them to their father's village just like she said. My elder sister has a daughter who is even worst, the girl almost killed the mother from one problem to the other. I totally understand what you are passing through ma, send them away so you don't die before your time you still have your life to live, if you had remarried since you could have had two children or more now to consul yourself.

i think the village route is not good, unless the father of these kids lives there....simply because i dont think it is right to go give these misbehaving kids to someone and have THEM now in charge with their trouble. imagine someone brought these kids to your house in the village and say:" here, do what you want these little bastards, cause i cant!" would you think its fair?!
she did her best thats all.
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by Obiebanks007(m): 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2022
2 important things I believe you should do madam

Constant prayers & constant talking.
I know it's not easy but when ever u prayer, ask of the wisdom of God on how to talk to them...please don't send them away because NO ONE CAN EVER take better of our stuffs than the owner can

If they become important to the society tomorrow, na you go enjoy.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by chukwuibuipob: 2:57pm On Jun 09, 2022
I have no time to view somebody’s nud*pic.it is in my locked iPhone.Forgotten password
Octopusssy:

No, the question is what are you doing with the nude photo of somebody's mother which was taken by her useless and unfortunate son?
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by OvertheTop(m): 2:59pm On Jun 09, 2022
frozen70:

I feel sorry for the heartache they are giving you

Taking them to their fathers village may worsen their situation because they will contact their friends to send transport money to them and once they get that, you will never know their movements again till you see them on screen, either for good news or bad news

Have you tried involving uoir husband families or you families to talk sense to them

Have you tried seating them down have heart to heart discussion with them on how to move the family forward

If they made their papers in WAEC, they should be seating for Jamb to get admission then if they get there, they will be busy, though we have the good and bad in the school but they will be in the school environment that will remind them to be reading

At this stage inform and invite both families so that they will say their mind

Boys of these days are more problematic than even the girls

Very soon they will go into yahoo yahoo, I even prefer that to being naughty and giving you aches

Then put them into prayers because am very sure their peer group is giving them the pressure that comes with peer pressure

The one that already have a girl friend

Try and invite his girlfriend and have a heart to heart talk with her and she could be of help to reorganize the senior one

You Prefer they Do Yahoo Yahoo.
I Fear for your Kids!
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by Kaniff: 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2022
Daddy issues or the lack of a male figure is the problem.
How where you able to train them from their early stage ?
What kind of upbringing where they given? What kind of people where they surrounded by ?
I lived a life similar to that causes by lack of a male figure, which lead to vulnerability, my mum was quite lenient but could be strict sometimes. I overgrew her strictness. I was herring out of hand. But this woman prayed for me everyday. I mean everyday even when I am not with her. I know she does until one day my heart got arrested and I felt remorseful for my actions.
My advice is that you pray and offer sacrifices for them in faith if you truly love them. How much are you willing to sacrifice ?
Tell them how you feel, call a mature wise elder that is trusted to talk and mentor them. Do the best you can. but always let them know you love them
Trust me they will come back and they will be glad you didn't give up on them in the end. Pray for them in love and bless them always it will all be well. They are like prodigal sons,they are lost and are trying to find there way home. Please ma pray for your boys always
The peace above all understanding be with you and your children.
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by frozen70(f): 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
OvertheTop:

You Prefer they Do Yahoo Yahoo.
I Fear for your Kids!

You may not understand

I still prefer it to arm Robbery

All these starts from little bad life styles
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nwaajasa: 3:10pm On Jun 09, 2022
Eroms4life17:

If only you spoke with that woman. She knows all these scriptures you're quoting here. Pray you don't find yourself in her shoes. Prayers and fear of God is easier sown in the heart of younger kids. The Bible says train up a CHILD in the way he show grow. I blame their mother for all this. She didn't do enough. Now if God doesn't touch their hearts, hmmmm. From the nature of her issue, they need military discipline at least for a month. Coupled with counseling from total strangers on different topics. Then top it with prayers and the word of God. They will change. They still need a male figure else nothing will change
Bros now you are coming to understand what I said earlier about Christian home counselor and prayers because they have passed the age of beating seen they have grown already, Don't you think that with military discipline without word of God in them with repentance they may come out and even kill their mother
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nsonaso(m): 3:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
willbayo:

You mean their friends already

No she said she's not in the village
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nnamaka1: 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2022
Anobody:
I'm a single mother of two teenage sons, lost my husband 10 years ago and have been struggling to cater for them singlehandedly. My first son is 19 and the last 17 years but I'm getting fed up with the disrespect and regret not taking them to the village so I could remarry.

They both left secondary school and working to save up for school and I don't ask them for a dime. My last son suddenly started behaving like a tout, pierced both ears and turning his hair to dread, takes my stuff without my permission and even to extent of holding my hands when I get furious to beat him.

My first son is dating a girl and spends all his money on her to the extend of asking me for transport fare sometimes. Sometimes they come home by 10 or 11pm and are ready to fight me if I get furious to discipline them.

What broke the camel's back was that my last son went to a friend's bday party overnight without telling me, my first son said he called to tell him he won't return and NONE OF THEM TOLD ME under my roof.

I've tried talking calmly, denying certain privilege and discipline but it keeps getting worse, my last option is to take them back to their father's village before I die of hbp.

I'm depressed nairalanders�, please I seek matured advice, thanks.

Please help me push to front page

Please do the needful before it's too late.
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by Hed0nist: 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2022
UpInTheSky:
Are there any decent, responsible males in your family who can
talk some sense into them/put them in check + serve as a mentor for them?

Or better yet, call the Police on them and maybe even have them spend 2-3 days in jail.
You'd want to show them that that's where they will end up if they don't start behaving.

Guy. You wicked o. If your child didn’t hit or beat you, there is no valid reason to use police to teach them a lesson.
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by Eroms4life17(m): 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2022
Nwaajasa:
Bros now you are coming to understand what I said earlier about Christian home counselor and prayers because they have passed the age of beating seen they have grown already, Don't you think that with military discipline without word of God in them with repentance they may come out and even kill their mother

No far from it. It's not necessarily beating. It's total training that they didn't receive as kids. They will learn Respect, dignity, responsibility, team work, time consciousness and discipline. Have u been to sea school apapa? This kind of training together with the word of God, will straighten any young adult into whom they should be. But if you like pray from now till tomorrow, nothing will happen. The book of James says prayer without works is.......
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by Bouncing2(m): 3:41pm On Jun 09, 2022
Ya second son issa guy after my very own heart ma cool
Funny enough we're both in the same age grade
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by OvertheTop(m): 3:42pm On Jun 09, 2022
hardon1:
Kids these days get mind o. At 17 Dem no born me well to sleep outside without my parents approval.

It's Not that: they get Mind....They were allowed to Go bad by Not Setting Rules and boundaries Early for the kids

1 Like

Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by Youngaboy(m): 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2022
Anobody:
I'm a single mother of two teenage sons, lost my husband 10 years ago and have been struggling to cater for them singlehandedly. My first son is 19 and the last 17 years but I'm getting fed up with the disrespect and regret not taking them to the village so I could remarry.

They both left secondary school and working to save up for school and I don't ask them for a dime. My last son suddenly started behaving like a tout, pierced both ears and turning his hair to dread, takes my stuff without my permission and even to extent of holding my hands when I get furious to beat him.

My first son is dating a girl and spends all his money on her to the extend of asking me for transport fare sometimes. Sometimes they come home by 10 or 11pm and are ready to fight me if I get furious to discipline them.

What broke the camel's back was that my last son went to a friend's bday party overnight without telling me, my first son said he called to tell him he won't return and NONE OF THEM TOLD ME under my roof.

I've tried talking calmly, denying certain privilege and discipline but it keeps getting worse, my last option is to take them back to their father's village before I die of hbp.

Advise them to get their own apartment so they can know what life is all about. Don't use force on them.
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by Octopusssy(f): 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
I have no time to view somebody’s nud*pic.it is in my locked iPhone.Forgotten password
You don't get me. I mean, why did you transfer the pic to your phone in the first place?
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by fluffybaby(f): 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2022
Anobody:

Na prayer o. Also, calm down with the agresion. From now on call them aside from time to time and talk to them like grown ups. Don't tell when they do wrong but show displeasure by saying it calmly how they are doing things wrong and why. Join 7am NSPPD prayer group on fb and put them into Gods hands. It's well. May God fix all that's broken in your lufe

2 Likes

Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by Streetmovement(m): 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2022
LadyTara:
Ok now will everyone stop with the bolded please .It's nauseating.

My cousin who I have not seen for years ,we went for a family reunion early this year ,he pierced his both ears ,has a tattoo all this right under his father's roof. I jokingly told my aunt that God should bring money so her son can buy diamond earrings and remove the one he has on.

Who wan rotten go rotten ,good upbringing or not, presence of a father or not. You can only do much when they are still Young ,it will come to a stage ,you only have to hope the upbringing sticks and doesn't get corroded by influence of environment and internet.

Wotoporiously cool speaking

No be lie you talk, it actually goes both ways but we can't actually discard the presence of a father in a child's life no matter the level of madness, who wan spoil go still spoil no doubts.

Note that; Not every family is the same when it comes to discipline and mode of bringing up their children, that your cousin wey you talk so he get some families wey him go born into him no go fit peirce that ear/tattoo him sef under their roof, they would rather kick him out to go do it under his own roof and some will do the opposite....so like I said it goes both ways.

So when I talk about a fathers presence in a child's life it's not all about stopping them from being rotten or whatever, there's a lot of attachment that comes with it which will have a huge positive or negative effect on the child's life in a long run.

I hope we on the same page cool
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by AmbassadoR100(m): 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2022
Love and Prayers is the only solution right now!

Get rid of every bitterness and hatred in your heart. It's a trap used by the devil to manipulate you into destroying your own family totally.

As much difficult as it seems, with GOD all things are possible. They can still Change for the better.

This is the time to show them all the Love you can give. Be intentional and consistent about it no matter what happens... Please don't give up!

Prayers!!!

Pray always, ask God to grant you the grace to carry this cross. Ask Him to help you. Ask Him to turn the kids and the whole situation around for good. Believe me, He will answer you.

It is well with you and your family my dear.

Don't give up on your kids. Change is constant.

Anobody:

1 Like

Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nyceguy92: 4:19pm On Jun 09, 2022
AllBlack:

You left them to grow wild and free, now you want to bend them when they have grown thorns all over? Ear rings and dreads. What next? Cult codes and drugs? Crime & pregnancy? Regular Gambling? You failed to read the signs early enough. The help you seek now is what you should have done 10 years ago. There is no way both of them could have turned out this way without all your little little silent approvals of their little harmless sins.

Is there no male figure from your side of the family you can talk to? Because for you to bring this matter to NL means you have burnt your bridge with their father's people.
Where is your pastor? Or someone they can respect because from your narration, they have learnt to cover for each other and are now forming their own counrty, soon to overthrow you.

Take them back to the village at this age? After they have blended with the streets this far? Good luck with that.

You nailed it .
There must have been a soured relationship between her and her in-laws that she did not mention them.
Single moms especially should know that stern discipline is needed to bring up boys.

The iron is cold now and difficult to bend. I think the boys need a serious talking-to by a figure they respect a lot.

Or much better, as suggested here, distribute them among uncles or friends that will be willing to reverse the trend.
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by ILuvKIDS: 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2022
Anobody:

19 & 17yrs, single mother! shocked

What miracle are you expecting to pull?
From your write up, I'm sorry to say, you have lost your children, what you now have are men!

Just tell them not to bring disgrace to you, they should live their lives peacefully and legally. Tell them you will not be responsible for anybody's bail.

You let them go astray when you allowed them "start hustling ", they were better off learning a skill.
a child that pays his school fees himself can decide to wake up and not greet his father.
The moment you shunned your responsibility as a " parent" while they are still kids under your roof, na that day see finish start.

You got it all wrong!

modified;
Sorry I may have sounded very blunt.
Coincidentally... I was raised by a single mom too but I grew up in my uncles strict Christian home up until about 16 when I return to my mother's care.
My mom was the opposite of my uncle ( her brother) , she was quiet, forgiving and accommodating

BUT...
If I did anything stupid, she's dialling her brother and report everything word for word to him. That immediately resets my brain and puts me in check.
I lived with this fear until my 20s .
So what you needed ( I don't know if it's too late now but you can still try) is a figure ( preferably a male) you can send them to, to learn a trade or stay with to install fear in them!

1 Like

Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by GloriousGbola: 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2022
Any parent will tell you, all you can do is do your best and leave the rest.

There are simply too many variables involved.

Your kids will have friends. They will have peers. They will have role models

I had a peer group of four in secondary school. We all planned on going to ife. In the end two of us went to Unilorin, one to ui and one to ife. The guy who went to ife became a cult capo. He was involved in that 1990s sug murder. If I had gone to ife, there is a 90% chance I too would have entered the cult setting.

And I had a dad who alternated between conservative and Liberal.

No movies in the house because he saw them as a waste of time. So what? The next door neighbours had zero restrictions.

Your own daughter is a bookworm. Your friends daughter is an it girl. Can you be sure their interactions will not affect them?

It is much harder for us now. When we were growing music stars were in obodo oyibo. None in Nigeria. You did not have to worry about your kids idolozing snoop and ice cube.

But today celeb culture is fully adopted and your kids are on twitter and Instagram following tiwa, cuppy, Davido, wizkid, mompha and Co. What are you going to tell them? Be disciplined. Keep your dick in your pants? Hard work pays?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by OvertheTop(m): 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
There’s even one that snapped his mum unclad pic and save it.The 2 boys beat their mum if she dare talk.If there’s no money to steal,they’ll sell her pots etc to play Bet9jA. May God nor give us misfortune children

Be sincere,

where is their Father?
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by toblosky(m): 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2022
They are at an age they won't listen to you. This age is between 17 and 22years.This age is what define men. This is what you should do
1)Be strict, tough, disciplined and loving.
2)Go inside you and bring out the mother in you, when talking to them. Be vocal and emotional. Cry if it comes to that. Boys don't stand their mother's tears
3)Get a good soldier or navy to help you with threatening them but never allow the punishment to go overboard.
4)After rebuking and disciplines, always give them hug and kiss on the forehead, tell them you are doing all this because you can't bear the thought of losing them.They need that assurance they means the world to you
5)The last but not the least, pray without ceasing
Re: My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand by chukwuibuipob: 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2022
What will I gain from lying? Not sure about his whereabouts
OvertheTop:

Be sincere,

where is their Father?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Triplets In Edo After Her Husband Abandoned Her (Pix) / Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? / Thread For Those Born In Month Of May

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.