Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians (23123 Views)

CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 / Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN / 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by IPIGMODS: 4:21pm On Jun 12, 2022
nony43:
Op. I disagree with you on your statistics. There are more Christians than Muslims in Nigeria. States like Sokoto, Kastina, Bornu, Adamawa, Kaduna, Nasarawa Benue, Platuea, Taraba, Niger, Gombe, Bauchi and Kogi states has very good number of Christian communities. Let’s not even talk about SE, SW and SS.

Back to your topic, can Muslims accept a Christian Christian candidates? When MNK was shouting that they want to Islamise Nigeria you guys were making fun of him. Now it is before us. From the top Politically and from the grass root foot soldiers in form of herdsmen, bandits backed my Nigerian military.

Did Buhari not Fulanise all the ministries? And Nigerians want to vote another Muslim. Anyway they should try it then they will know that what God can not do doesn’t exist. It will be a smooth ride for Atiku or Obi.

Pls stop smoking crack. Drugs are bad for your mental and physical health.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:23pm On Jun 12, 2022
post=113732003:

Gbamsolutely!
END OF THREAD.

Hehehehe grin cheesy wink,
Inoki 247 no go killi person for dis our ogbonge Nairaland.com oooo

Why do you always support injustice?
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Acidosis(m): 4:25pm On Jun 12, 2022
I want TINUBU to pick a radical Muslim from the North grin

I trust my people in CAN and PFN grin Churches are already donating their worship centres to INEC. E get why grin

Na craze dem dey take cure craze.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by OGcartel: 4:26pm On Jun 12, 2022
Most reasonable comment in this section, mind revolutionary above all
ednut1:
Under a Christian president. He allowed sharia to be created. Under a Christian VP Christians were killed enmasse. Why are we so stupid in Nigeria. Muslim Muslim, Christian Christian. Muslim Christian tickets is just gimmicks
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Eriggs: 4:26pm On Jun 12, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Why do you always support injustice?
getat.
Dem MANNA no get time for ipob or dem village people.
Wailer in pains

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by missrosey: 4:26pm On Jun 12, 2022
teewety:
The one and only question is that is it only in Muslim-Muslim ticket that competency and capability can be realized?
If the answer is NO, Northern Governors should stop advocating for a Muslim-Muslim ticket. It is unfair to other faiths.

TINUBU should be advised not to fall into this pit.

Religion in Nigeria (est. 2018)[1]

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)
If TINUBU choose a Muslim as running mate then either Atiku or Peter Obi will be our next president. Don't take other faiths for granted.

My one Kobo advise.

GET YOUR PVC, ENFORCE THE WILL OF GOD.

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by kayjay69(m): 4:27pm On Jun 12, 2022
Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)

I don't know where you got this statistic from but I honestly doubt that there are 18m more Muslims than Christians in Nigeria.

The census of Nigeria since its inception has always been heavily skewed to favour the North, first by the British and subsequently by every government since then.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:28pm On Jun 12, 2022
Eriggs:
getat.
Dem MANNA no get time for ipob or dem village people.
Wailer in pains

These is your other moniker ?? Dead vultures grilling zombie grin grin
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Etimemy: 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
abmnege:
there is nothing bad with Muslim Muslim ticket let the people choice win that's all
Get ready
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by tbarrister(m): 4:30pm On Jun 12, 2022
APC2:
Christian dominated states in the north

Taraba state - Muslims are only 15% and never rule the state

Nassarawa State: about 70% christians. The former governor, Baba Suntai was a Christian. He handed over to his deputy who is a Muslim by begging his people to embrace religious tolerance. That is the first time a Muslim become the governor of nassarawa State. The current PDP gubernatorial candidate is David umoghubu and it is 98% sure he is going to win.

Benue state

Plateau state

Gombe, Borno and Kaduna States have significant Christians population. Those pushing Tinubu will never let him know the truth. They will deceive him that north is 100% Muslims are they will all vote for him.
I leave in the north and most of my Muslims brothers here are campaigning for Atiku.
Some are even angry with Tinubu for having children that are Christians.

You're ignorant and a liar. Baba suntai was governor of nasarawa or taraba?
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2022
APC2:
Christian dominated states in the north

Taraba state - Muslims are only 15% and never rule the state

Nassarawa State: about 70% christians. The former governor, Baba Suntai was a Christian. He handed over to his deputy who is a Muslim by begging his people to embrace religious tolerance. That is the first time a Muslim become the governor of nassarawa State. The current PDP gubernatorial candidate is David umoghubu and it is 98% sure he is going to win.

Benue state

Plateau state

Gombe, Borno and Kaduna States have significant Christians population. Those pushing Tinubu will never let him know the truth. They will deceive him that north is 100% Muslims are they will all vote for him.
I leave in the north and most of my Muslims brothers here are campaigning for Atiku.
Some are even angry with Tinubu for having children that are Christians.

Dan baba Sutai was Governor of Taraba state and Taraba truly has more Christian population than Muslims. Nasarawa has more Muslims population. I guess you mistake the two states.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by konkonbilo(m): 4:33pm On Jun 12, 2022
RapistOnBail:

Muslim Muslim Ticket won’t be accepted.

Better Give that position to the most “incompetent” Christian from the north.

After all, Osibanjo was useless before 2015.

The way you guys are talking is as if apc is already a winner in the coming election.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by emecheboy2(m): 4:35pm On Jun 12, 2022
nony43:
Op. I disagree with you on your statistics. There are more Christians than Muslims in Nigeria. States like Sokoto, Kastina, Bornu, Adamawa, Kaduna, Nasarawa Benue, Platuea, Taraba, Niger, Gombe, Bauchi and Kogi states has very good number of Christian communities. Let’s not even talk about SE, SW and SS.

Back to your topic, can Muslims accept a Christian Christian candidates? When MNK was shouting that they want to Islamise Nigeria you guys were making fun of him. Now it is before us. From the top Politically and from the grass root foot soldiers in form of herdsmen, bandits backed my Nigerian military.

Did Buhari not Fulanise all the ministries? And Nigerians want to vote another Muslim. Anyway they should try it then they will know that what God can not do doesn’t exist. It will be a smooth ride for Atiku or Obi.
Don't mind them. we have more christians in Nigeria than muslims, this is lie they have been selling for too long. I wonder why the elites christians are not pushing back on this fake statistics.

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by jamislaw(m): 4:37pm On Jun 12, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
Tinubu picking a Muslim running mate will be an easy win for Peter Obi.
The Muslim votes will be share between Tinubu and Atiku. Don't forget that Christians dominate the North Central Nigeria. If Christian choose to vote based on religious differences, then, Peter Obi should come out victorious.
That said, I just hope we stop bringing religion, tribe and ethnicity into issue of national discourse. Most advanced countries vote based on competence and not because of tribe or religion
which North central are you talking about pls use your google very well only Benue and plateau has more christain than Muslim.
Kogi, Niger, Nassarawa and Kwara has 70% Muslims.
Pls you can use still your Google if you doubt my assertion.
We have choices anybody that want to vote Muslim Muslim or christain christain or Muslim christain or christain Muslim should go ahead and do so.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Pastorsmile: 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2022
Personally I do not see that as a big issue. Is not that Christian vice is going to be visiting churches sharing money.
And there wasn't any thing Buhari wanted to do that Osinbajo was able stop.
Our fear should be National Assembly. That is where we need men who can stand on what they believe in.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by nony43(m): 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2022
IPIGMODS:

Pls stop smoking crack. Drugs are bad for your mental and physical health.

What’s your point?
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by SpecialEdition: 4:41pm On Jun 12, 2022
Delegates. The money will soon finish and you will join us to campaign for a better Nigeria.

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by NoToTerrorists: 4:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
noleflendum:
It is very simple vote your Muslim Christian ticket make i vote for my own Muslim Muslim ticket

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Toskebam85(m): 4:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
I love the admonition of Bishop Wale Oke at the democracy day church service.... The message was crystal clear
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Britishpea: 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2022
You people will be hearing up the polity with your gibberish analysis and write ups. Ther are so many liberal Muslims and there are also so many archaic and irrational Christians. Tinubu isn’t the only presidential candidate. If his choice Of vice isn’t good for you vote for whoever steals your fancy. Religion has done so much worse than good in the country so also it’s sentiments. .

Pastors haven’t been known to help situations in any form so also imams. Why the noise. Tinubus wife is a pastor in the rccg. If he could marry a pastor it means he is not a religion fanatic. Do we need to involve a seer to know that Tinubu in power won’t be affected by any religion?
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by egunna(m): 4:45pm On Jun 12, 2022
teewety:
The one and only question is that is it only in Muslim-Muslim ticket that competency and capability can be realized?
If the answer is NO, Northern Governors should stop advocating for a Muslim-Muslim ticket. It is unfair to other faiths.

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)
If TINUBU choose a Muslim as running mate then either Atiku or Peter Obi will be our next president. Don't take other faiths for granted.

My one Kobo advise.
political parties have one aim,to win elections and keep power.on that basis,the best bet for apc in winning the election is Muslim Muslim ticket which is doable.u want apc to relinquish power to satisfy u?think again.its very simple,if apc fields Muslim Muslim,don't vote for dem.dere are other combinations in pdp and LP.u guys are just unnecessarily heating up d system.u have the voting strength,vote Dem out.isnt that what u guys always wanted?now d opportunity is here,gather urselves and do d needful.life no suppose hard nah.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 12, 2022
you nigerians are dumb for thinking that these politians care about religion all they care about is how to share the country's wealth among them. me i dont care if its muslim muslim or christian christian they r all thieves
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2022
so nigerians are going to vote for the sake of religion? is it religion that will rule the country or the person?
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Jungleluv5: 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2022
What is our problem in this country Nigeria? We are the people killing this country with religion, tribalism and sentiment all this three is our problem honestly and if we are still sitting on this three things we are going to elect wrong people again. I come in peace.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Jollof15: 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2022
Flier:
Tinubu must pick a Muslim to win the election otherwise he will lose woefully
Using religion card in south west won’t really work since the other candidates are not Yoruba and Tinubu only need south west and some big states in the North to win the election
If TINUBU should pick El-rufai from kaduna,it will take a miracle for him not to win
Atiku on the other hand must talk to Obi to come back to PDP to be his vice to give him a better chance because as it’s now,south east and SS May spoil ATIKUS chances

You said it all

Tinubu only needs most of the south west(not all, oyo and ondo went to pdp in 2019), and the muslim nc states(kwara, niger, nasarawa), and then the north east and north west, and its finished.

He doesn't need plateau, benue, taraba, or anywhere in the se or ss, and they are the ones who are kicking against this ticket the most, which is why, he will ignore them.

Every APC northern governor will ensure that they deliver their state to APC, by any means legitimate or illegitimate.

And peter obi is going to act as a major spoiler for atiku in the SE, and possibly even the SS

2 Likes

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by OGcartel: 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2022
When you talked about how religion and ethnicity plays a major role in politics, you are right thinking we are serving equity justice but we are wrong to let that be a necessary and first class criteria..
Let me give you an expert instance..from an elementary school class of students with varying tribes, religion, ethnicity etc.., when it's time for exams,it's always a level playing field for every students,the best are graded accordingly,the teacher won't say if a Muslim is first,the second must be given to a Christian or if an igbo comes first,a Yoruba has to be second or hausa has to be third..they would be graded irrespective of how the tribe or religion follows,I think the case of politics anywhere has to be the same,let the best hands do the job instead of thinking I have to vote for a Christian because a Muslim was the last president, what if that Christian is not the best candidate??.. what if Muslims or christains rule for 4 or terms consecutively??so far they can deliver the job they have been given,I have no problem voting the same religion or tribe over and over because I don't settle for lesser candidate bias because of of sharing power all over the country..if a particular religion or tribe keep dominating fairly,it's only a challenge for others to compete fairly not thinking we should settle for lesser cos of tribe or religion.. please just vote for your best candidate and always put their religion and tribe aside when considering their competency..
yusufu16:

If APC decides to go with Muslim-Muslim ticket, I can assure you, they will loose the election to PDP.

If they go with Muslim-Christian ticket, they will still loose because there is no Northern Christian politician who is very influential that can get them votes.

APC made the greatest mistake by choosing Tinubu.

Don't forget ElRufai tried the muslim-muslim ticket in Kaduna 2019 but he lost the entire Southern Kaduna to PDP which is dominated by Christian. He was able to win because Kaduna is a muslim state.

Religion and ethnicity plays a major role in our politics. If any party wants to win, they have to balance everything for equity, justice and fairness.

There are many Christians in the SW who will vote along religious line if APC decides to go with muslim Muslim ticket.

At the moment Atiku has a better chance of winning the 2023 elections.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by jamislaw(m): 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2022
lagosrd:

You're correct but that your statistics is very wrong. I mean very wrong . Even Kano that is acclaimed the largest Moslem state has a very significant number of christians and other faiths. But the southern moslems keep deceiving themselves otherwise.

No states in southwest has 20% moslem population.
then why complaining let it be like that Muslim Muslim ticket. Peter Obi can choose christain from north.
I swear if Tinubu choose Muslim from north all these Kwankwaso and Atiku followers in the north will go back and vote for Tinubu.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Gwan2(m): 4:55pm On Jun 12, 2022
teewety:

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)

My one Kobo advise.

Don’t even sell that rubbish agenda of Muslim outnumbering Christians…it is a very dicey topic that is always evaded even with census.

All estimates balderdash you see are based on birth rate, because it is believed typical northern Muslim gives birth to children left in the hands of fate, but I always ask….are the estimates also considering the mortality rate in the north knowing that the region has one of the worst standard of living..

Do a proper count…and I can tell you Kaduna, Adamawa, Gombe, Borno etc Christian popular will almost be at par with the Muslim population
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Jollof15: 4:56pm On Jun 12, 2022
Acidosis:
I want TINUBU to pick a radical Muslim from the North grin

I trust my people in CAN and PFN grin Churches are already donating their worship centres to INEC. E get why grin

Na craze dem dey take cure craze.

Yeah, 5% are donating worship centers to vote for obi, which is in reality a vote for tinubu, because obi doesn't have the slightest chance in hell
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Oplomo: 4:58pm On Jun 12, 2022
Tinumbu should forget the 'pigs' and pick a muslim VP. They won't vote him. Every northern christian will vote him.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by RapistOnBail: 4:58pm On Jun 12, 2022
konkonbilo:
The way you guys are talking is as if apc is already a winner in the coming election.
It’s hard overthrowing the sitting party.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We Now Rely On War-torn Ukraine For Food - Peter Obi / South East To Build Five Mega Industrial Clusters / 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.