Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians (23114 Views)

CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 / Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN / 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by boxypane(m): 6:06pm On Jun 12, 2022
This thread is uncalled for please. Is this how low we've become in considering religion and tribe in determining who the next president will be? Where is experience, competence, been humane, etc as consideration?
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Lukuluku69(m): 6:07pm On Jun 12, 2022
Adexxi:
As much I'm yoruba man and we supporting yoruba I won't look away while you insult a christian body sad je ki ori pe .... When will your barking MURIC register as political party ... Alahu akbomb idiot

Iwo ti ori e pe, I just gave you a way out of your eternal wailing and you had to come at me?
This is not about MURIC. Read the post again.
If you don't want to see or vote Muslims, let can morph into a Political Party. You guys will win. You got the numbers.

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by seunayantokun(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
If it is allowed now, more terrible days lie ahead.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by seunayantokun(m): 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2022
boxypane:
This thread is uncalled for please. Is this how low we've become in considering religion and tribe in determining who the next president will be? Where is experience, competence, been humane, etc as consideration?
That's where Nigeria is today, terrible reality, but we must face it as it is because that kind of ticket is a recipe for future disasters.

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Adexxi(m): 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2022
Aye ma ba je , egbe eni la gun isu ewura de . Must you insult CAN .... useless muslim terrorist , Bleep u Bleep ur terrorist prophet. Oloriburuku somebody
Lukuluku69:

Iwo ti ori e pe, I just gave you a way out of your eternal wailing and you had to come at me?
This is not about MURIC. Read the post again.
If you don't want to see or vote Muslims, let can morph into a Political Party. You guys will win. You got the numbers.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Jollof15: 6:16pm On Jun 12, 2022
Gwan2:

For once, western media is right in your eyes right, because it advanced your cause…but you got it twisted, it was trying to paint how persecuted the Christian population is, and so it used every tools within its Arsenal to show that to the world and also painted the looming danger that portends to the Christian society…

But to you, it was swallowed hook, line and sinker because you saw your popularity. If I ask you how true the persecution of Christians is as painted by same link you sent me…your answer will be IT IS WESTERN MEDIA NOT FACTUAL

You don't know who I am or what my agenda is. And I speak English far better than you and your generation, so I clearly understood that the first article had a bit of an agenda. However, thats besides the point. I didn't link the article with you in order to discuss whether christians are persecuted in Nigeria or not, thats a different discussion. We're discussing whether they are in the majority or not, and all the available demographic data indiates that they aren't, and in fact that the muslim majority is increasing fast.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Oyiboman69: 6:20pm On Jun 12, 2022
biggie73:
I am a Christian. It's the economy and security of lives and properties that matters. Religious background should not exist.
buhari's political apointments and the sucurity chalanges encourages the importance of religious and regional attentiveness.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Demolakay: 6:20pm On Jun 12, 2022
nony43:
Op. I disagree with you on your statistics. There are more Christians than Muslims in Nigeria. States like Sokoto, Kastina, Bornu, Adamawa, Kaduna, Nasarawa Benue, Platuea, Taraba, Niger, Gombe, Bauchi and Kogi states has very good number of Christian communities. Let’s not even talk about SE, SW and SS.

Back to your topic, can Muslims accept a Christian Christian candidates? When MNK was shouting that they want to Islamise Nigeria you guys were making fun of him. Now it is before us. From the top Politically and from the grass root foot soldiers in form of herdsmen, bandits backed my Nigerian military.

Did Buhari not Fulanise all the ministries? And Nigerians want to vote another Muslim. Anyway they should try it then they will know that what God can not do doesn’t exist. It will be a smooth ride for Atiku or Obi.
I told pple DAT Dere are more Christians in d north Dan u tink.D reason dey re unheard of is because of d persecution,intimidation, ND systematic killings by d Islamic north in Oda to reduce Deir population.look at wat is happening in southern Kaduna,do we need a soothsayer to tell us the game plan ND d end results? look at plateau, Taraba,Benue, Adamawa, Nasarawa, christians are more in population in dis states.not to talk of southern Kaduna,parts of Bauchi,Borno etc Dis pple jst need a voice! it's time christians rise up,relegate denominationalism, embrace unity,ND forge a common front.At least starting from dis 2023 election,we must make a unified statement wit our votes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Lukuluku69(m): 6:23pm On Jun 12, 2022
Adexxi:
Aye ma ba je , egbe eni la gun isu ewura de . Must you insult CAN .... useless muslim terrorist , Bleep u Bleep ur terrorist prophet. Oloriburuku somebody

Eternal Wailer, show me the insult.
Werey go vote Atiku he will pick a Christian or better still vote Obi na Christian him be. If Tinubu/Apc pick a Muslim as VP, don't vote him. Very simple.
You can save your abuses for those that sired you but allowed the streets to raise you.

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by shoboy9: 6:24pm On Jun 12, 2022
Take note of those supporting muslim-muslim ticket because one day they may join to cut your throat.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Adexxi(m): 6:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
You father , Omo osàn ni kó pónpón ba ìyá re . Omo iran kiran . Even if I don't want to vote Tinubu , does that translate I'm ibo. You are suffering from malady ..... Ogun lo ma pa ìyá ee
Lukuluku69:

Eternal Wailer, show me the insult.
Werey go vote Atiku he will pick a Christian or better still vote Obi na Christian him be. If Tinubu/Apc pick a Muslim as VP, don't vote him. Very simple.
You can save your abuses for those that sired you but allowed the streets to raise you.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Gwan2(m): 6:35pm On Jun 12, 2022
Jollof15:

You don't know who I am or what my agenda is. And I speak English far better than you and your generation, so I clearly understood that the first article had a bit of an agenda. However, thats besides the point. I didn't link the article with you in order to discuss whether christians are persecuted in Nigeria or not, thats a different discussion. We're discussing whether they are in the majority or not, and all the available demographic data indiates that they aren't, and in fact that the muslim majority is increasing fast.

Delusion of grandeur…The Queen’s husband. Mr English.

An open minded person will research different articles or surveys and make an informed judgment, but no…you swallowed an article hook, line and sinker to throw more light to your point ignoring the premise of the article was counter to your cause, and was used to further demonise Islam.

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Ola260: 6:44pm On Jun 12, 2022
noleflendum:
It is very simple vote your Muslim Christian ticket make i vote for my own Muslim Muslim ticket
Thanks boss
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by biggie73(m): 6:45pm On Jun 12, 2022
Oyiboman69:
buhari's political apointments and the sucurity chalanges encourages the importance of religious and regional attentiveness.
...before he became president, Nigerians have emphasized religion as if it would put food on the table. Again, Tinubu and Atiku are not religious fanatics.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by ttbaba(m): 6:46pm On Jun 12, 2022
Christian are majority in the south while Muslim are majority in the north.... If south can present tinubu(Muslim) as candidate north must present Christian likewise.....if not Tinubu will not have bloc vote from southwest meanwhile creating a better chance for Atiku...and hear this, northeast were atiku came from are very sectional people, they will only vote for their own. And in northwest the vote is going be split within the contestant. Kwakwaso is there...peter obi may pick his vice from there. Now northcentral were in my opinion i advice Tinubu to pick running mate(Christian) is open, no contestant is coming from there and they have never produce VC.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by drakeli: 6:51pm On Jun 12, 2022
ItsTutsi:
On Muslim-Muslim ticket we stand!!

Who is we? Count us out. Only you and your household are the “we”.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by nony43(m): 6:59pm On Jun 12, 2022
Demolakay:

I told pple DAT Dere are more Christians in d north Dan u tink.D reason dey re unheard of is because of d persecution,intimidation, ND systematic killings by d Islamic north in Oda to reduce Deir population.look at wat is happening in southern Kaduna,do we need a soothsayer to tell us the game plan ND d end results? look at plateau, Taraba,Benue, Adamawa, Nasarawa, christians are more in population in dis states.not to talk of southern Kaduna,parts of Bauchi,Borno etc Dis pple jst need a voice! it's time christians rise up,relegate denominationalism, embrace unity,ND forge a common front.At least starting from dis 2023 election,we must make a unified statement wit our votes.

You are wise.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Ola260: 6:59pm On Jun 12, 2022
Beverlyjean:

If it were muslim Muslim...it wud have been worse... Christian Christian is even better than Muslim Muslim cos Christians don't attack mosques
And u think u are speaking sense
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by TheRealestGuy(m): 7:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
Tinubu picking a Muslim running mate will be an easy win for Peter Obi.
The Muslim votes will be shared between Tinubu and Atiku. Don't forget that Christians dominate the North Central Nigeria. If Christian choose to vote based on religious differences, then, Peter Obi should come out victorious.
That said, I just hope we stop bringing religion, tribe and ethnicity into issue of national discourse. Most advanced countries vote based on competence and not because of tribe or religion

Your last paragraph is something I disagree with.

Unfortunately we arent America, and the reality of tribal and religious considerations cannot be wished away.

In a multicultural and multi religous society like ours, there is a need to be deliberate about inclusive and equitable governance.

One of Buhari's many failures was his inability to properly manage those cultural and religious differences.

Mixing an open support for Sharia with a heavy dose of callousness and clannishness was always going to make for a terrible ending.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by donjhyde(m): 7:15pm On Jun 12, 2022
My 1kobo advice is that..... They should look for Christian Northerner that will complement Tinubu...... If Tinubu were to be christian... Northerners will never accept Christian-Christian ticket........... Even in the Southern region, they will not accept it....

teewety:
The one and only question is that is it only in Muslim-Muslim ticket that competency and capability can be realized?
If the answer is NO, Northern Governors should stop advocating for a Muslim-Muslim ticket. It is unfair to other faiths.

TINUBU should be advised not to fall into this pit.

Religion in Nigeria (est. 2018)[1]

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)
If TINUBU choose a Muslim as running mate then either Atiku or Peter Obi will be our next president. Don't take other faiths for granted.

My one Kobo advise.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by deeva2: 7:15pm On Jun 12, 2022
casualobserver:

No problem vote for Atiku or Obi, we know you are here to demarket . The people who are goi g to vote for Tinubu will vote for him. The Christians that care about this nonsense are not Tinubu supporters to begin with. The bottom line is the Christians APC will lose with Muslim Muslim ticket are either not going to vote for him to start and even if he loses some they are not enough to offset the northern Muslims he will gain or retain with a Muslim Muslim ticket.

A ppoliticoan is in politics to win. For APC Muslim Muslim is the winning formula. I am a Christian and I endorse Muslim Muslim, just balance it with Christian senate president and Christian speaker.

A Vice President has no constitutional power, a senate president and speaker are more powerful than a Vice President. A Vice President can’t do anything to stop your imaginary Muslim agenda because he has no powers. A Christian senate president and speaker can protect Christians from this imaginary Muslim agenda because the president cannot do anything without the approval of parliament.

Well said.. Permit me to use this sensible analyse.

Note; I'm RCCG member..BAT on point
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Princewell2012(m): 7:17pm On Jun 12, 2022
yusufu16:

If APC decides to go with Muslim-Muslim ticket, I can assure you, they will loose the election to PDP.

If they go with Muslim-Christian ticket, they will still loose because there is no Northern Christian politician who is very influential that can get them votes.

APC made the greatest mistake by choosing Tinubu.

Don't forget ElRufai tried the muslim-muslim ticket in Kaduna 2019 but he lost the entire Southern Kaduna to PDP which is dominated by Christian. He was able to win because Kaduna is a muslim state.

Religion and ethnicity plays a major role in our politics. If any party wants to win, they have to balance everything for equity, justice and fairness.

There are many Christians in the SW who will vote along religious line if APC decides to go with muslim Muslim ticket.

At the moment Atiku has a better chance of winning the 2023 elections.
Let's look at it this way. If there is Muslim Muslim ticket and he won then there won't be a chapel in asorock or it will be closed down . Then it is a bad omen for Nigerian Christian .

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by tjfulloption(m): 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2022
teewety:
The one and only question is that is it only in Muslim-Muslim ticket that competency and capability can be realized?
If the answer is NO, Northern Governors should stop advocating for a Muslim-Muslim ticket. It is unfair to other faiths.

Muslim-muslim ticket
Christian-christian ticket
Babalawo-Babalawo ticket.
All Nigeria want is good governance abeg...

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)
If TINUBU choose a Muslim as running mate then either Atiku or Peter Obi will be our next president. Don't take other faiths for granted.

My one Kobo advise.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by oneMalik: 7:38pm On Jun 12, 2022
I will always go for good governance !

on this Muslim-Muslim or Christain-Christain thing , I will always see it as bullshit !

Who has religion help ? God Is for humanity and not any fucking religion !

who are those talking and distracting people with this nonsense self ?

My Great Ekiti State was Created in 1996 and since we came back to democracy in 1999 , not a single Muslim person has govern or deputised till date . ....who's even thinking about it and we re still living fine .

make people no dey bring nonsense that could bring more problem to this country cos these religious leaders self ......
teewety:

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)

My one Kobo advise.

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by 9jaRealist: 7:49pm On Jun 12, 2022
teewety:

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)

My one Kobo advise.

These are the sorts of primordial nonsense that detract Nigerians from their real problems… angry

Our REAL problem/issue are INCOMPETENT AND CORRUPT tickets, leaders and candidates, but instead so many Nigerians are more willing to die on the hill of such obfuscatory (and frankly PRIMITIVE) nonsense as “Muslim-Muslim ticket”, “Northern candidate”. “Southern candidate”, “South-West candidate”, “South-East candidate”, South-South candidate”, etc.

Nigerians have increasingly become such a primordially backward people that even if you have a Christian-Muslim ticket, some will still argue that you chose a Catholic instead of Anglican or Pentecostal. We keep dividing ourselves that even down to the LGA or ward level, people will argue that appointees or delegates came from only particular villages or compounds, etc.

>

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by 9jaRealist: 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2022
Princewell2012:
Let's look at it this way. If there is Muslim Muslim ticket and he won then there won't be a chapel in asorock or it will be closed down . Then it is a bad omen for Nigerian Christian .

And how does having a chapel in Aso Rock put food on your table or feed and educate the masses? shocked
>

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Charly68: 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2022
Let anybody try that , he will lose flatly
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by 9jaRealist: 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2022
Newyorkitis:
Nigeria �� has not gotten to the stage where it should not matter.
Muslim- Muslim ticket is a no no.

Why? Because Nigerians are still backward and primitive people? embarassed
>
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by sematec(m): 8:00pm On Jun 12, 2022
Even the pagans and traditionalists except the ones that are Muslims see themselves as Christians
nony43:
Op. I disagree with you on your statistics. There are more Christians than Muslims in Nigeria. States like Sokoto, Kastina, Bornu, Adamawa, Kaduna, Nasarawa Benue, Platuea, Taraba, Niger, Gombe, Bauchi and Kogi states has very good number of Christian communities. Let’s not even talk about SE, SW and SS.

Back to your topic, can Muslims accept a Christian Christian candidates? When MNK was shouting that they want to Islamise Nigeria you guys were making fun of him. Now it is before us. From the top Politically and from the grass root foot soldiers in form of herdsmen, bandits backed my Nigerian military.

Did Buhari not Fulanise all the ministries? And Nigerians want to vote another Muslim. Anyway they should try it then they will know that what God can not do doesn’t exist. It will be a smooth ride for Atiku or Obi.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Sermwell(m): 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2022
ednut1:
i am not a Christian mr
This is exactly what I mean! Will you support a Christian-Christain ticket?
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by abraham01emma01: 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
LET APC TRY AND SEE WHAT WILL HAPPENED
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by 9jaRealist: 8:10pm On Jun 12, 2022
africanpride1:
Exactly! I'm a Muslim and many truthful and sensible Yoruba Muslims and even real Hausa Muslims have been saying the Truth that was not Popularized. Many of us truthful Muslims are tired of seeing Nigeira becoming so stagnated by Visonless people that have nothing good to offer Except to play this religious card. Ghana is now far more Respected and Progressive than Nigeria because this People don't care a hoot about Real Progress for this Country.

Only gullible ones still get manipulated by them. Greater Nigeria that we can all be Proud of is what we demand! That Nigeria is already starting, but a few Population is already trying to manipulate the Country into another unnecessary Hatred! Our eyes don Clear! Tinubu has really worked up to this Level. Every sensible Person knows that Christians would massively Vote Atiku in as President if Tinubu falls for this myopic Trap. Religious Extreemists should not manipulate him to fall for the Muslim-Muslim that guarantees failure for his Life-long Ambition.
Same few population that came into our Land to use Religion to Deceive and Divide Orginial Nigeirans. Not sure if Tinubu can last long on the Seat if he chose any of them as Vice, they have done their Turn! They should allow Tinubu free hand to chose a Christian like he said in a meeting that Christian Vice is Balancing, Uniting and Progressive, just as he wisely Balanced Lagos Politics till date. The Nigeria Invaders Greed for Power and Land-grabbing from Orginial Nigerians is well known. They Kill real Hausa Muslims anyhow and take over their Lands, they killed Abiola and his Wife, any Yoruba or Hausa Muslim that Support their latest religious Manipulation is an incorrigible daft. Those that even mute the idea of Muslim-Muslim ticket in a Secular Country must Apologize to all Nigerias immediately! Just last Week, Same deceptive manipulative People tried to force their Person on Nigerian as Consensus Cand. They have Proven that they wish Tinubu and Original Nigerias no good at all. I will not like all effort that Tinubu as made to become useless beacuse of some myopic People that think with their Anus.
Regardless of your Religion, when shall Original Nigerians have sense and stop being enslaved through their Enemies Deception?! Ilorin is still clear! Are you Destined to live as Slave Forever?! If you are, I am not!

A secular nation means that religion should NOT be a consideration in government…
Even Abiola that you refer to (in obvious admiration) ran on a Muslim-Muslim ticket (with Kingibe).

Unlike you, I am nominally a Christian (not been to church in ages), but I recognize MEANINGLESS OBFUSCATION when I see it…
When the corruption, looting, embezzlement and stealing are going on in government, nobody asks about their co-looters religion.

These are the sorts of dumb PRIMORDIAL issues used to distract GULLIBLE Nigerians…
Like Ghana, Nigeria’s condition is the culmination of the actions of ALL Nigerians, and not just those in government.
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

INEC Publishes "Notice Of Poll" For 2023 General Elections / Breaking!!!! Musiliu Obanikoro Rejects Result Of Pdp Primaries / Bomb Blast In Mamati, Maiduguri Kills And Injures People (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.