Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians (23117 Views)

CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 / Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN / 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by nony43(m): 4:59pm On Jun 12, 2022
tesppidd:
Do you know how many Southern Christians voted for Tunibu?

Do you know how many Southern Christians stepped down for Tinubu?

So i ask? Who wants to Islamize Nigeria?

The Muslims or the Christians?

Buhari and his Cabals
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Icon16(m): 4:59pm On Jun 12, 2022
I think there's one thing we need to know. The way our politicians think is different from how we are.
Atiku is in the north ready to gathered all the votes in the north as PDP pridicted to give him their ticket, now you are expecting APC to choose unpopular christian from the north as against Atiku in the same north so that APC will loose.
My friends this is not a matter of competency o na who can win election for the party o

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by shedy03(m): 5:00pm On Jun 12, 2022
ItsTutsi:
On Muslim-Muslim ticket we stand!!
Fly if you like.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by nony43(m): 5:00pm On Jun 12, 2022
kingyakos:

Comrade no too shout am, all u need to do is join me in prayer make dem do the mistake so dem go use dia hand sweep dem sef commot for Aso rock. As for dat statistics from de op na too much watching of NTA news na it cause am.

Oil de your head.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Jollof15: 5:00pm On Jun 12, 2022
Gwan2:

Don’t even sell that rubbish agenda of Muslim outnumbering Christians…it is a very dicey topic that is always evaded even with census.

All estimates balderdash you see are based on birth rate, because it is believed typical northern Muslim gives birth to children left in the hands of fate, but I always ask….are the estimates also considering the mortality rate in the north knowing that the region has one of the worst standard of living..

Do a proper count…and I can tell you Kaduna, Adamawa, Gombe, Borno etc Christian popular will almost be at par with the Muslim population

The estimate was done by the US' CIA, and its probably an undercount, now Muslims are closer to 55, and Christians, 45%

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://mercatornet.com/nigerian-christians-are-losing-the-demographic-war/65340/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjboraZpKj4AhUB-6QKHUFwDyAQFnoECAMQAg&usg=AOvVaw0XmCMZpHV9F5W4qnUJ-Cg5

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13644-021-00450-5

If you get a chance, look at these
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Obansy112(m): 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2022
noleflendum:
It is very simple vote your Muslim Christian ticket make i vote for my own Muslim Muslim ticket
As simple as ABC..
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Oyecool: 5:05pm On Jun 12, 2022
Why the people suddenly begin advocating for fairness your Religion do preach but Nigeria Christians don't ever practice where you are dominant but always request for that from Muslims. He who come to equity must come with clean hands.
Though for now Muslim Muslim ticket is the answer without controversy.
teewety:
The one and only question is that is it only in Muslim-Muslim ticket that competency and capability can be realized?
If the answer is NO, Northern Governors should stop advocating for a Muslim-Muslim ticket. It is unfair to other faiths.

TINUBU should be advised not to fall into this pit.

Religion in Nigeria (est. 2018)[1]

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)
If TINUBU choose a Muslim as running mate then either Atiku or Peter Obi will be our next president. Don't take other faiths for granted.

My one Kobo advise.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by kingyakos: 5:06pm On Jun 12, 2022
nony43:

Oil de your head.

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Neoteny7: 5:06pm On Jun 12, 2022
Toneypen247:
You guys are giving this thing more relevance than necessary undecided undecided angry Just get your PVC and vote these political urchins out

But....all the candidates ARE politicians. They're the same cast of characters in the perpetual tragicomedy that has been Nigeria's political history.

Atiku (kleptomaniacal old man)

Tinubu (ailing, ancient, stole Lagos blind)

Peter Obi (secret offshore accounts stashed with billions, pretending to be the Everyman)

PVC won't help us if they're the same people being recycled into power
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 12, 2022
teewety:
The one and only question is that is it only in Muslim-Muslim ticket that competency and capability can be realized?
If the answer is NO, Northern Governors should stop advocating for a Muslim-Muslim ticket. It is unfair to other faiths.

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)
If TINUBU choose a Muslim as running mate then either Atiku or Peter Obi will be our next president. Don't take other faiths for granted.

My one Kobo advise.
Where did u get nonsense statistics from
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by favinvest: 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2022
There is no red flag there..

let people that can develop this country irrespective of region and religion enter into power..

After all Daniel prospers in the days of nebuchadnezzar.. and Joseph/Israelis under pharaoh..

Let's focus on the country's future
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by mamaafrik(m): 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2022
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by auwal83(m): 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2022
What is the source of your statistics of Muslims v Christians in Nigeria?
By the way Christian-Christian ticket is not even a thing for Muslims. It is constitutional and absolutely valid and anyone can go for that ticket. We wish them good luck.
The growing hatred for Muslim-Muslim ticket is probably a manifestation of Islamophobia in this country.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by TOMMYS: 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Dan baba Sutai was Governor of Taraba state and Taraba truly has more Christian population than Muslims. Nasarawa has more Muslims population. I guess you mistake the two states.

Do you know that Nasarawa state indegenes are majorly christians?.

Do you know that 60% of the Muslim population in Nasarawa can't locate their fathers paternal home in Nasarawa state
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:19pm On Jun 12, 2022
TOMMYS:

Do you know that Nasarawa state indegenes are majorly christians?.

Do you know that 60% of the Muslim population on Nasarawa can't locate their fathers paternal home on Nasarawa state

Ok I don’t know that. Why are they producing Muslims governors and senators?
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by emmykk(m): 5:21pm On Jun 12, 2022
Odingo1:

You are not sincere to yourself.
Keep on deceiving yourself and insulting people. Can Muslims accept Christian-Christian ticket to rule Nigeria.

I m a christian from delta state and does religion prevent Jonathan or buhari not to misuse the presidential power bestow on them.
After scamming the electorate about muslim-muslim or christian Muslim or Muslim Muslim they win and start looting.

So for me that is not important.

If that is important why did we allow Tinubu to defeat Osinbajo.
South is predominantly christian then we allow Tinubu a Moslem to clinch the party ticket them we want to force north that are predominantly Muslim to present a christian it doesn't work like that .

If you so much want a Muslim Christain vote Atiku and if you want Muslim Muslim vote Tinubu.

But if you like Tinubu and saying Muslim Muslim is not proper you better check yourself.

Atiku 2023
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Akpan107(m): 5:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
teewety:

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)

My one Kobo advise.
Your statistics is completely wrong!

States like:

*Plateau has about 95% Christian population.

*Benue has about 99%

*Nasarawa has about 70%

*Kogi has about 50%

*Adamawa 50%

*Kaduna 60%

*Taraba 90% are Christians

*Kwara 50% are Christians

The Northern Christian population alone is about 40%

In Southwest, the only state that has good number of Muslims is Osun. The rest are Christian majority.

The total percentage of muslims in the 11 states of South South and South East are less than 1%

Without bias, the population of Christians in Nigeria should be about 60 - 65%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by yusufu16: 5:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
OGcartel:
When you talked about how religion and ethnicity plays a major role in politics, you are right thinking we are serving equity justice but we are wrong to let that be a necessary and first class criteria..
Let me give you an expert instance..from an elementary school class of students with varying tribes, religion, ethnicity etc.., when it's time for exams,it's always a level playing field for every students,the best are graded accordingly,the teacher won't say if a Muslim is first,the second must be given to a Christian or if an igbo comes first,a Yoruba has to be second or hausa has to be third..they would be graded irrespective of how the tribe or religion follows,I think the case of politics anywhere has to be the same,let the best hands do the job instead of thinking I have to vote for a Christian because a Muslim was the last president, what if that Christian is not the best candidate??.. what if Muslims or christains rule for 4 or terms consecutively??so far they can deliver the job they have been given,I have no problem voting the same religion or tribe over and over because I don't settle for lesser candidate bias because of of sharing power all over the country..if a particular religion or tribe keep dominating fairly,it's only a challenge for others to compete fairly not thinking we should settle for lesser cos of tribe or religion.. please just vote for your best candidate and always put their religion and tribe aside when considering their competency..

You are right but at the moment we are deeply divided along religious and ethnic line.

The political parties are not thinking like us. There main objective is to win the election. So they will take everything into consideration.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Iwin2: 5:32pm On Jun 12, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
Tinubu picking a Muslim running mate will be an easy win for Peter Obi.
The Muslim votes will be shared between Tinubu and Atiku. Don't forget that Christians dominate the North Central Nigeria. If Christian choose to vote based on religious differences, then, Peter Obi should come out victorious.
That said, I just hope we stop bringing religion, tribe and ethnicity into issue of national discourse. Most advanced countries vote based on competence and not because of tribe or religion
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by lagosrd: 5:33pm On Jun 12, 2022
jamislaw:
then why complaining let it be like that Muslim Muslim ticket. Peter Obi can choose christain from north.
I swear if Tinubu choose Muslim from north all these Kwankwaso and Atiku followers in the north will go back and vote for Tinubu.

Big joke of the century.
Kwakwasiyya no dey think like that . They will never align with that ingrate babariga exchanger.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by TOMMYS: 5:34pm On Jun 12, 2022
If not for the genocide in Eastern Nigeria during the civil war, the south east population should be around 40- 42million.

Moreso, the British doctored population censors which has always proclaimed that the north has more population than the south is a lie from the pit of hell.

There are more southerner in Nigerian than northerners.

There are more christians in Nigeria that Muslims.

30% of the northerners in Nigeria today. Cannot tell you where they were born not to talk of taking you there.

Know this and know peace
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Iwin2: 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2022
ClimaxHerbalixt:
Is it possible for APC to pick Christian as a V.P and if Yes, who will it be?
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Iwin2: 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2022
yusufu16:

If APC decides to go with Muslim-Muslim ticket, I can assure you, they will loose the election to PDP.

If they go with Muslim-Christian ticket, they will still loose because there is no Northern Christian politician who is very influential that can get them votes.

APC made the greatest mistake by choosing Tinubu.

Don't forget ElRufai tried the muslim-muslim ticket in Kaduna 2019 but he lost the entire Southern Kaduna to PDP which is dominated by Christian. He was able to win because Kaduna is a muslim state.

Religion and ethnicity plays a major role in our politics. If any party wants to win, they have to balance everything for equity, justice and fairness.

There are many Christians in the SW who will vote along religious line if APC decides to go with muslim Muslim ticket.

At the moment Atiku has a better chance of winning the 2023 elections.

“Kaduna state is smaller than Nigeria, if El-Rufai succeeded in Kaduna with a Muslim-Muslim ticket because he made sure the Christian communities in Southern Kaduna did not come out to vote in 2019 general elections to show their anger, such experiment cannot work in the presidential election in 2023.

The entire Christian communities in Southern Kaduna came under attack few weeks to the 2019 general elections just because they don’t want the people to come out and vote and speak through the ballot box. It was an evil plot against the people and the whole world knew it

------

A stalwart of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Niger State, Jonathan Vatsa,
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by ednut1(m): 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2022
Sermwell:

I'm sure this will not be your opinion if it was Christain-Christain ticket.
i am not a Christian mr
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by whyman(m): 5:41pm On Jun 12, 2022
teewety:

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Other (0.6%)

My one Kobo advise.

NIGERIANS AND RELIGION!

When you hear MUSLIM-MUSLIM TICKET noise from some of Nigerians, you would think those people are religious in the real sense of it. But, it is just a distracting factor put before us not to be able to develop as a country!

I have lived successfully in the two commercial hubs of two different CONTINENTS (Asia and Europe) since I left Nigeria few years ago.

1. When I was living in UAE, Dubai to be precise, I met many Nigerians who are many christians and few Muslims. Infact, over 75% of Nigerian christians living in UAE are from South-East and Southwest and they DON'T have opportunity to go to church on Sundays because that day is the first day of the week according to UAE system until little changes recently.

2. Here in the UK, it is just 1% of over 150,000 Nigerian christians who fled Nigeria in search of better life that are going to church ONE Sunday in a MONTH because employers pay between £15 to £22 per hour on Sundays to encourage people to work and many citizens themselves don't believe in wasting hours in church but rather pray on their BEDS in the morning.

3. Each time Saudi government comes to recruit medical practitioners from Nigeria, CHRISTIANS usually dominate the list of successful employees and they know that there is no church to be attending there on Sundays!

If I may ask, are those christians willingly relocating to those countries because they have MUSLIM - CHRISTIAN leaders?

Obviously No, they are going there because those countries provide better living condition and economic prosperity!!

Until we know what we want and stop embracing the PROBLEM thrown at us by the ENEMIES of progress, we have nowhere to go!!

Adebayo shereefdeen Kunle (11th June, 2022)

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by TOMMYS: 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Ok I don’t know that. Why are they producing Muslims governors and senators?

This is as a result of the following

1. The socio political landscape of Nasarawa state is being controlled by the Muslims.
2. Voters aparty.
3. Influx of more Muslim population into the state
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:53pm On Jun 12, 2022
TOMMYS:

This is as a result of the following

1. The socio political landscape of Nasarawa state is being controlled by the Muslims.
2. Voters aparty.
3. Influx of more Muslim population into the state

Oooh thanks for the Info.

Your last statement. If there is influx of more Muslims into Nasarawa that means the Muslims population will be higher by now.

1 Like

Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Gwan2(m): 5:55pm On Jun 12, 2022
Jollof15:

The estimate was done by the US' CIA, and its probably an undercount, now Muslims are closer to 55, and Christians, 45%

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://mercatornet.com/nigerian-christians-are-losing-the-demographic-war/65340/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjboraZpKj4AhUB-6QKHUFwDyAQFnoECAMQAg&usg=AOvVaw0XmCMZpHV9F5W4qnUJ-Cg5

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13644-021-00450-5

If you get a chance, look at these

For once, western media is right in your eyes right, because it advanced your cause…but you got it twisted, it was trying to paint how persecuted the Christian population is, and so it used every tools within its Arsenal to show that to the world and also painted the looming danger that portends to the Christian society…

But to you, it was swallowed hook, line and sinker because you saw your popularity. If I ask you how true the persecution of Christians is as painted by same link you sent me…your answer will be IT IS WESTERN MEDIA NOT FACTUAL
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Lukuluku69(m): 5:56pm On Jun 12, 2022
Akpan107:
Your statistics is completely wrong!

States like:

*Plateau has about 95% Christian population.

*Benue has about 99%

*Nasarawa has about 70%

*Kogi has about 50%

*Adamawa 50%

*Kaduna 60%

*Taraba 90% are Christians

*Kwara 50% are Christians

The Northern Christian population alone is about 40%

In Southwest, the only state that has good number of Muslims is Osun. The rest are Christian majority.

The total percentage of muslims in the 11 states of South South and South East are less than 1%

Without bias, the population of Christians in Nigeria should be about 60 - 65%

Then let CAN morph into CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE OF NIGERIA as a Politial Party. Rotate the Presidency among the denominations. Present a candidate and vote him/her. With your stats above na Aso Rock straight.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Adexxi(m): 5:56pm On Jun 12, 2022
As good as this your analysis but you used slight emotion to spoil it .
Do you think ss will vote for Tinubu , when Atiku is about to pick a vp from there I doubt he could have 30%.

The best bet for Tinubu is to pick vp from NC, cos' he has Kwankwaso to compete with in NW and I think you know strong he is over there . Atiku is there in NE and I think he will enjoy tremendous support there cos' they've never taste the presidency.
Taliya:
Tinubus best bet is to pick a core northerner from NW or NE in order to s ecure nothern block votes. someone liked by their ppl eh elrufai or Zulum or lobby kwankwaso if he can.Tinubu looks more Christian to the average northerner (Christian children and pastor wife) and will apply this sentiment when voting.

APC should forget about SE discouraging MM tickets as they won't vote for tinubu anyway. Forget along, plateau won't vote APC at the federal level as well. Same thing with Benue and taraba, he may get away with 30% from each state.

Rain dollars in the SS to get reasonable votes, campaign rigourously in NE states like Bauchi Bornu yobe and gombe states to get block votes, same thing with NW states. In NC he should focus on nassarawa, abuja, Niger and kogi to get substantial votes too

Comin to his base SW, he should get nothing less than 80% as 1. Yorubas are woke and don't care about religion secondly, they are more tribal than religious. a Yoruba Muslim will hire or appoint his Yoruba Christian brothers before a nothern Muslim and they trust each other like that.

Add his pastor wife influence and he wins with a landslide.

and for those trying to bring up Islamic agenda, I tell you it will not work. Shouldn't tinubu start the agenda with his first family??

Lastly picking a CM or Muslim Christian hasn't benefited the ordinary Nigerian like..polititians don't care about you, that is having sleepless nights over that. all they care about is winning and looting. The average Muslim elite and their families live like the westerners.

Those saying bandits are having their way in Kaduna, what will you say about zamfara?? Or you think having a Christian as VP will have prevented the killings?? Why don't Osibanjo prevent the everyday killings happening currently?
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by Adexxi(m): 5:59pm On Jun 12, 2022
As much I'm yoruba man and we supporting yoruba I won't look away while you insult a christian body sad je ki ori pe .... When will your barking MURIC register as political party ... Alahu akbomb idiot
Lukuluku69:

CAN can register CAN as CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE OF NIGERIA. They can rotate the Presidency among/between different Denominations. You guys would easily win with your figures. Ignore everything just vote Christian Alliance of Nig if you are a Christian. Problem solved. Case closed.
Re: MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians by yusufu16: 6:00pm On Jun 12, 2022
Iwin2:

“Kaduna state is smaller than Nigeria, if El-Rufai succeeded in Kaduna with a Muslim-Muslim ticket because he made sure the Christian communities in Southern Kaduna did not come out to vote in 2019 general elections to show their anger, such experiment cannot work in the presidential election in 2023.

The entire Christian communities in Southern Kaduna came under attack few weeks to the 2019 general elections just because they don’t want the people to come out and vote and speak through the ballot box. It was an evil plot against the people and the whole world knew it

------

A stalwart of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Niger State, Jonathan Vatsa,

I think we are on the same page on this.

If not for voters suppression in the southern Kaduna, APC would have lost Kaduna State because of El-Rufai muslim-muslim ticket.

I don't know how APC is going to choose its VP. Whether Muslim-muslim or muslim-christian ticket, APC is in a serious mess with Tinubu.

Osinbajo would have been a far better candidate and very easy to market to Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tinubu, Shettima Get GCFR, GCON Titles / Combined Flag Off Ceremony For Exercise Crocodile Lift & Grand African Nemo / #PDPHouseOfHunger Trends On Twitter (See Screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.