Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud (10151 Views)

How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful / "Nigerian God Is A Fraud, It Uses Pastors To Rob Nigerians" - Bisi Alimi / Jesus Is The Only Way: My Personal Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by sonmvayina(m): 7:21am On Jun 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus is the Messiah all evidences are here!

You can't force your opinion on people all you need is to convince them not through stories from Babylonian Talmud but vivid proof that they can see! wink

I think I have clearly shown that.

If he is Messiah , how come his name is NEVER mentioned in any historical record. Not even one...sound odd, doesn't it?

1 Like

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:39am On Jun 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

I think I have clearly shown that.

If he is Messiah , how come his name is NEVER mentioned in any historical record. Not even one...sound odd, doesn't it?

The Bible is enough as a book of RECORDED ancient events, so it's either you believe or disbelieve nobody can force anybody! smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by Maynmann: 8:23am On Jun 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The Bible is enough as a book of RECORDED ancient events, so it's either you believe or disbelieve nobody can force anybody! smiley

In the earliest Bible, “Latin Jesus” is still missing.

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by OkCornel(m): 8:33am On Jun 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

God is real

Jesus is not. He was created by the Roman empire under emperor Constantine

There is no where in the old testament where God said he had a son he was sending to die for the sins of man.

Gods solution to the problem of sin was sincere and genuine repentance..

God said he even hates human sacrifice...

God only gave us laws to follow. So we will live in peace and enjoy life..

Nothing more..

Note: if there is any where God said he was going to impregnate another man's wife to site a son that will be murdered to save the world in the old testament show me. I might have missed it..if not, then Jesus has got nothing to do with our creator.

Did Yeshua Ben Yosef (Jesus son of Joseph) exist in Rabbinical literatures...or were these forged by the Romans into Jewish history too...hmmmm?
Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by LordReed(m): 10:00am On Jun 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

When those so called events lack the evidence that would otherwise be abundant if they really did happen, we are then justified in viewing any narrative based on such events as suspect. No Adam and Eve, no garden of Eden, no global flood, no ark, no Tower of Babel, no Abraham, no 10 plagues, no exodus from Egypt and on and on, till we get to, no evidence of a miracle working preacher in a Roman occupied Levant. Sure we can't force you but we can certainly continue to query why so much of your stories lack the requisite evidence.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by LordReed(m): 10:01am On Jun 21, 2022
OkCornel:

Did Yeshua Ben Yosef (Jesus son of Joseph) exist in Rabbinical literatures...or were these forged by the Romans into Jewish history too...hmmmm?

Which Rabbinical literature does Yeshua Ben Yosef (Jesus son of Joseph) appear in?

1 Like

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:32am On Jun 21, 2022
Maynmann:

In the earliest Bible, “Latin Jesus” is still missing.

Keep searching for the King whose subjects are throughout the earth doing wonderfully well in the assignment he gave them! Act 1:8 wink

1 Like

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by OkCornel(m): 10:33am On Jun 21, 2022
LordReed:

Which Rabbinical literature does Yeshua Ben Yosef (Jesus son of Joseph) appear in?

1. The Soncino Talmud
2. The Todelot Yeshu

You'll see all sorts of insults about Yeshua Ben Yosef there. How his paternity was questioned. Accused of learning sorcery from Egypt etc
Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by LordReed(m): 10:37am On Jun 21, 2022
OkCornel:

1. The Soncino Talmud

Is this the Soncino Babylonian Talmud?

Sefer Toledot Yeshu (ספר תולדות ישו, The Book of the Generations/History/Life of Jesus), often abbreviated as Toledot Yeshu, is an early Jewish text taken to be an alternative biography of Jesus of Nazareth. It exists in a number of different versions, none of which is considered either canonical or normative within Rabbinic literature. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledot_Yeshu

In academic circles, the book has been dismissed as a reliable source for historical events and was at best considered as “a polemical satire against Christianity based on inversions of New Testament narratives” (David Biale), or, at worst, as “an instructive evidence of a regrettable popular psychosis” (Bernát Heller).
https://judaic.princeton.edu/about-us/resources/toledot-yeshu

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by OkCornel(m): 10:49am On Jun 21, 2022
LordReed:

Is this the Soncino Babylonian Talmud?

Sefer Toledot Yeshu (ספר תולדות ישו, The Book of the Generations/History/Life of Jesus), often abbreviated as Toledot Yeshu, is an early Jewish text taken to be an alternative biography of Jesus of Nazareth. It exists in a number of different versions, none of which is considered either canonical or normative within Rabbinic literature. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledot_Yeshu

In academic circles, the book has been dismissed as a reliable source for historical events and was at best considered as “a polemical satire against Christianity based on inversions of New Testament narratives” (David Biale), or, at worst, as “an instructive evidence of a regrettable popular psychosis” (Bernát Heller).
https://judaic.princeton.edu/about-us/resources/toledot-yeshu

In its Hebrew and Yiddish versions, the Toledot Yeshu has had a wide circulation and influence, particularly in Eastern European Jewish communities. It has served as a popular handbook and is almost the only source left to the Jewish people from which to draw knowledge concerning Jesus Christ. Jacob Jocz, writing from his own personal experience prior to his coming to faith in Jesus, stated, “It used to be read with great relish, especially on Christmas Eve, and even now [the 1940s] Jewish schoolboys in countries like Poland are given the evening free to enjoy the story on the night of Natal [Nativity]” (pp. 63–64).
https://israelmyglory.org/article/jesus-in-the-rabbinical-literature/

1 Like

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by Maynmann: 10:51am On Jun 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Keep searching for the King whose subjects are throughout the earth doing wonderfully well in the assignment he gave them! Act 1:8 wink

It’s evident, keep worshipping yaldaboath, master of satans

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:55am On Jun 21, 2022
LordReed:

When those so called events lack the evidence that would otherwise be abundant if they really did happen, we are then justified in viewing any narrative based on such events as suspect. No Adam and Eve, no garden of Eden, no global flood, no ark, no Tower of Babel, no Abraham, no 10 plagues, no exodus from Egypt and on and on, till we get to, no evidence of a miracle working preacher in a Roman occupied Levant. Sure we can't force you but we can certainly continue to query why so much of your stories lack the requisite evidence.

Keep searching for EVIDENCE when the only evidence you need is here already!

What's the evidence that Isaac Newton, Benjamin Franklin, Wright Brothers and many more once walked this planet?

Do you think any intelligent person will stick to story books that's of no relevance in the society? My friend we don't need story books to confirm whether someone once existed or not that's why Jesus of Nazareth never told you to depend on recorded event rather he said about his disciples

"you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Ju·deʹa and Sa·marʹi·a, and to the most distant part of the earth" Act 1:8

So if unbelievers like you are depending on the letters found in books that you can't even grasp it's contents {2Corin 3:6} we depends on what God's spirit is working out in the gathering of imperfect humans throughout the world! 2Corin 5:7

Please keep searching for evidences against Jesus of Nazareth whose followers have used God's word {Hebrews 4:12} to settle all their racial disparities, diverted their resources into the production of food and information materials, erased politics, military services and use of weapons from their hearts and vowed never to raise weapons against their fellowman again! Isaiah 2:2-4

So continue in your search! smiley

2 Likes

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:59am On Jun 21, 2022
Maynmann:

It’s evident, keep worshipping yaldaboath, master of satans

It's better to call us Satan while we are doing the best Job ever on this planet than calling us angels that's doing nothing tangible! Matthew 10:25 wink

1 Like

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by Maynmann: 11:02am On Jun 21, 2022
Yes we are getting there discreet slave, go on.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithful_and_discreet_slave

MaxInDHouse:

It's better to call us Satan while we are doing the best Job ever on this planet than calling us angels that's doing nothing tangible! Matthew 10:25 wink

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by LordReed(m): 11:09am On Jun 21, 2022
OkCornel:

In its Hebrew and Yiddish versions, the Toledot Yeshu has had a wide circulation and influence, particularly in Eastern European Jewish communities. It has served as a popular handbook and is almost the only source left to the Jewish people from which to draw knowledge concerning Jesus Christ. Jacob Jocz, writing from his own personal experience prior to his coming to faith in Jesus, stated, “It used to be read with great relish, especially on Christmas Eve, and even now [the 1940s] Jewish schoolboys in countries like Poland are given the evening free to enjoy the story on the night of Natal [Nativity]” (pp. 63–64).
https://israelmyglory.org/article/jesus-in-the-rabbinical-literature/

LoLz. Why would I accept the word of a Christian about this over the word of JEWISH scholars?
Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:11am On Jun 21, 2022
Maynmann:
Yes we are getting there discreet slave, go on.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithful_and_discreet_slave

Chai see reality!
Jehovah's Witnesses, my God will forever bless you guys for locating me!

See person just dey quote useless, worthless and hopeless Wikimedia when he no fit point one benefit out of all what he dey quote from yet arguing profusely and blindly against what everyone can see positive results throughout the earth. Matthew 5:14-16; Act 1:8
What a pity!
Ó mà ṣeo! smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by Image123(m): 11:19am On Jun 21, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz. Why would I accept the word of a Christian about this over the word of JEWISH scholars?

lol, like you accept the words of Jewish scholars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by OkCornel(m): 11:20am On Jun 21, 2022
LordReed:

Nope, face the facts...question is, is the Toledot Yeshu popular in the Jewish community? Yes or No
Do the Jews believe Yeshua Ben Yosef existed at some point in their history? Yes or No smiley
Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by Maynmann: 11:47am On Jun 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Chai see reality!
Jehovah's Witnesses, my God will forever bless you guys for locating me!

See person just dey quote useless, worthless and hopeless Wikimedia when he no fit point one benefit out of all what he dey quote from yet arguing profusely and blindly against what everyone can see positive results throughout the earth. Matthew 5:14-16; Act 1:8
What a pity!
Ó mà ṣeo! smiley

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:03pm On Jun 21, 2022
Maynmann:
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus himself said about the Governing Body:

"I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of the heavens, and whatever you may bind on earth will already be bound in the heavens, and whatever you may loosen on earth will already be loosened in the heavens Matthew 16:19

Jesus gave them that authority and whatever they bind or loosen on earth the heavens have granted it for them already, says Jesus of Nazareth!

So na you no sabi them, we know their worth in the eyes of both Jesus and his father! Matthew 25:31-46 smiley
Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by Maynmann: 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2022

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:05pm On Jun 21, 2022
If all the books on this planet talks about Jesus of Nazareth but there's no positive WORKS found to buttress the stories then it's worthless, but when just one book mention him and we can see the positive results of his teachings throughout the earth believers are OK with the little we heard or read in books! smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by LordReed(m): 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2022
OkCornel:

Nope, face the facts...question is, is the Toledot Yeshu popular in the Jewish community? Yes or No
Do the Jews believe Yeshua Ben Yosef existed at some point in their history? Yes or No smiley

LoLz. This is like asking me is Esu popular in the Yoruba community. The scholar consensus is more important to determining what this document actually contains and the scholarly consensus is this not a canonical document or a serious retelling of history.

Is the Soncino Talmud the same as the Soncino Babylonian Talmud?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by OkCornel(m): 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz. This is like asking me is Esu popular in the Yoruba community. The scholar consensus is more important to determining what this document actually contains and the scholarly consensus is this not a canonical document or a serious retelling of history.

Is the Soncino Talmud the same as the Soncino Babylonian Talmud?

Long story short, do the Jews believe Yeshua Ben Yosef existed in their history? Yes or No
Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by Ken4Christ: 2:48pm On Jun 21, 2022
Jesus doesn't exist and yet history is centered on him. Every date is either BC or AD. The Op needs to see a psychiatrist.
Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by bigfrancis21: 3:03pm On Jun 21, 2022
musicwriter:
Good day brothers and sisters.

I research anything that irks my interest; especially African history/black history and I am in contact with scholars of black history home and abroad. Of course, I was led to the scholars through my research.

The whole thrust behind all my research is to find out why Africa is the way it is today. I've already concluded on that research, though. These days what interest me is to find out how our problem began as a race, not just that of Africa.

In 2017, I contacted one such black scholar in the USA, professor, brother Kaba Hiawatha Kamene. I ordered his lectures on DVDs, CDs and it was delivered to me by FedEx courier.

While I was watching the lectures, he casually said something like "I've looked for this person called Jesus in history but couldn't find him"

When he said he couldn't find Jesus in history I didn't feel good because I was a Christian. However, remember professor Kaba Hiawatha Kamene is a core historian majority in history of Europe and he went to seminary/catholic school as a youth. So, if there's anybody who should know whether Jesus was a real person or not, it should be him. That's by the way.

Also remember that all the while I was a Christian I never for once doubted the existence of Jesus. Neither did I research history in search of Jesus because I never questioned his existence.

However, right there and then as I sat watching the lectures, I decided I was going to do a comprehensive research on the existence of Jesus and get back to him (the professor) with the facts of Jesus existence. But what happened instead was that I discovered that the professor was right!! And that's how I quit Christianity.

I hope this will help a black man or woman out there to go research Jesus Christ outside of what you've been told in the bible. By so doing you'll discover the truth and the truth shall set you free, indeed.

Below is the message I sent to the professor recently after I concluded my research.

A personality in the name of Jesus Christ did walk this earth, however, the Christian religion of today has a totally different image of the actual personality. I would often say that if Jesus returns like the Christians believe, they would neither recognize nor accept him and they may likely even stone him to death for blasphemy because he would appear different from what they believe he should look like. History, they say, would repeat itself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
bigfrancis21:

A personality in the name of Jesus Christ did walk this earth, however, the Christian religion of today has a totally different image of the actual personality. I would often say that if Jesus returns like the Christians believe, they would neither recognize nor accept him and they may likely even stone him to death for blasphemy because he would appear different from what they believe he should look like. History, they say, would repeat itself.

There's just a group globally practicing exactly what Jesus taught everything he said about them can be seen just as he said it.

They will have love among themselves and everyone will say "don't mind that group, they love their members" John 13:34-35; 15:12

They are incessantly preaching and teaching everywhere they are from house to house just as Jesus commanded them! Matthew 10:11-13

They have erased politics, military services and use of weapons from their hearts! Matthew 26:52 compare to Psalms 46:9; Isaiah 2:2-4

They have the same line of thought throughout the world! John 17:20-23; 1Corinthians 1:10

They always makes use of Jesus' father's name just as he taught them! John 17:6, 26

All other religions hates them with passion! Matthew 10:22, John 15:19

Most even refer to them as Satanists or cultists! Matthew 10:25

So who can deny that Jesus is not real when his true WITNESSES fulfilling everything he said are here with us today? Act 1:8 smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by Maynmann: 3:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
Run from a cult that doesn’t allow you to think and just be a slave

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:43pm On Jun 21, 2022
Maynmann:
Run from a cult that doesn’t allow you to think and just be a slave

That's exactly what Jesus' father expected from his only begotten Son:

Jesus then said: “After you have lifted up the Son of man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me, I speak these things". John 8:28

And Jesus himself demanded exactly the same from his real followers:

And still another said: “I will follow you, Lord, but first permit me to say good-bye to those in my household.”  Jesus said to him: “No man who has put his hand to a plow and looks at the things behind is well-suited for the Kingdom of God" Luke 9:61-62

And he died for all so that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for him who died for them and was raised up! 2Corinthians 5:15

Do you now believe that only JWs are following Jesus of Nazareth? smiley
Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by Maynmann: 3:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

That's exactly what Jesus' father expected from his only begotten Son:

Jesus then said: “After you have lifted up the Son of man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me, I speak these things". John 8:28

And Jesus himself demanded exactly the same from his real followers:

And still another said: “[color=red[I will follow you, Lord, but first permit me to say good-bye to those in my household[/color].”  Jesus said to him: “No man who has put his hand to a plow and looks at the things behind is well-suited for the Kingdom of God" Luke 9:61-62

And he died for all so that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for him who died for them and was raised up! 2Corinthians 5:15

Do you now believe that only JWs are following Jesus of Nazareth? smiley

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
Maynmann:

Mr Wikipedia!
Hope you're seeing the positive results of all this garbage you're loading from Wikipedia! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

the sonoflucifer is dead... / Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? / Before The Advent Of Sin, Did Adam And Eve Know How To Procreate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.