Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? (32649 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love / What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by MammanGB: 9:56am On Jul 22, 2011
With keen interest i've both listen to all your nerrations and advices but i am here to tell you that YES it's POSSIBLE because there is nothing God cannot do if actually you are mean to be with each other there is thing that can come in between you or there is nothing anybody can do about it even her parent that you think they may be an obstacles in your relationship they will be the once supporting you. Note to us it's IMPOSSIBLE but with GOD ALL is POSSIBLE including your relationship. So my dear brother, please don't be discourage or be dismay God is ALL in ALL He can do ALL, He Has been doing it before so He will not stop doing it just because of you. The only thing i will like to advice you on or to tell here is, please report this matter to God by saying "Let your will be done" remember Christ at Gethsemane at the hour of transfiguration that He learned to admit the will of the Father by saying Father not my will but yours be done before Elias and Moses appear and the power of God came from above to empower Him instantly the scripture said His garment change to white. So that's what i want you to acknowledge and admit the will of God in your relationship, i tell when you done that you will testify the wonders of God.
Thank you and bless You.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by MammanGB: 9:57am On Jul 22, 2011
With keen interest i've both listen to all your nerrations and advices but i am here to tell you that YES it's POSSIBLE because there is nothing God cannot do if actually you are mean to be with each other there is thing that can come in between you or there is nothing anybody can do about it even her parent that you think they may be an obstacles in your relationship they will be the once supporting you. Note to us it's IMPOSSIBLE but with GOD ALL is POSSIBLE including your relationship. So my dear brother, please don't be discourage or be dismay God is ALL in ALL He can do ALL, He Has been doing it before so He will not stop doing it just because of you. The only thing i will like to advice you on or to tell here is, please report this matter to God by saying "Let your will be done" remember Christ at Gethsemane at the hour of transfiguration that He learned to admit the will of the Father by saying Father not my will but yours be done before Elias and Moses appear and the power of God came from above to empower Him instantly the scripture said His garment change to white. So that's what i want you to acknowledge and admit the will of God in your relationship, i tell when you done that you will testify the wonders of God. Thank you and bless You
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 22, 2011
rabzy:

In the Bible he quoted it mentioned marry only in the lord, there was nothing like work in the lord there, so if the bible mandated them to work only in the lord, then they would probably do that. So that analogy does not fly. Then remember in his explanation, the israelites don't marry outside their religion but they trade with others.
The Major reasons the Jews were hated all thru the centuries was because they believed their religion was the true religion handed by God and so they do not want any interference or corruption of it, therefore any community they are, they stand out as different, they dress differently eat differently, marry only themselves. The early church was also like that, they stood out for miles from others they became easy target.
Now everything is blended, no one knows one from the other, the only people that are quite different are the Jehovah's withnesses and they have become easy targets.

Answer this question, Is it only what is in the Bible they do?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by gloriuss(f): 10:11am On Jul 22, 2011
JAkpayen:

GOOD POINT. SOMETIMES PEOPLE ALWAYS MISQUOTE THE BIBLE TO THEIR FAVOUR. IN ALL OF MY LIFE HERE ON EARTH, ONLY JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES I CAN VOUCH THAT READ AND PRACTICE BIBLE PRINCIPLES

Then my dear, you havent lived life AT ALL

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Succy4luv: 10:12am On Jul 22, 2011
[left][/left][color=#006600][/color] my dear, i dont think there is anything wrong with marrying a witness. Though you both are from different denomination but its the same God. You can still marry her and allow her worship in her church and u in yours too. As i'm speaking with you, my fiancee his mum is a witness whereas his dad attends Royal House of Grace and there both leaving wella without probs. LOVE conquers all
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by duno: 10:20am On Jul 22, 2011
Mamman G.B:

With keen interest i've both listen to all your nerrations and advices but i am here to tell you that YES it's POSSIBLE because there is nothing God cannot do if actually you are mean to be with each other there is thing that can come in between you or there is nothing anybody can do about it even her parent that you think they may be an obstacles in your relationship they will be the once supporting you. Note to us it's IMPOSSIBLE but with GOD ALL is POSSIBLE including your relationship. So my dear brother, please don't be discourage or be dismay God is ALL in ALL He can do ALL, He Has been doing it before so He will not stop doing it just because of you. The only thing i will like to advice you on or to tell here is, please report this matter to God by saying "Let your will be done" remember Christ at Gethsemane at the hour of transfiguration that He learned to admit the will of the Father by saying Father not my will but yours be done before Elias and Moses appear and the power of God came from above to empower Him instantly the scripture said His garment change to white. So that's what i want you to acknowledge and admit the will of God in your relationship, i tell when you done that you will testify the wonders of God. Thank you and bless You

Yes, with God all things are possible but wisdom is also profitable to direct. Can two walk together except they AGREE?. The lady is not the only female on the face of the earth, there is no one woman/ man for one person. Why people deliberately put themselves into problem/ undue stress is beyond me.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Mrsguru: 10:27am On Jul 22, 2011
First of all Jehovah's Witnesses are not bothered if you all say that their beliefs are wrong, they try their best to follow the bible principles closely and the examples set by Jesus when he was on earth. so if you say they're wrong for insisting on marrying only people who share their beliefs and way of life then that's just your opinion, and popular opinion isn't always right. Please take note the words of Jesus in Matt. 7:13, 14 ''Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.”

Of a truth, Jehovah's Witnesses are usually happy when most people criticize them in this manner because it makes them experience the fulfilment of Jesus' words during the sermon on the mount. “Happy are you when people reproach you and persecute you and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against you for my sake. Rejoice and leap for joy, since your reward is great in the heavens.” (Matt. 5:11, 12)
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 22, 2011
^^^When u are done, register another ID and support your Jehovah witness, LWKMD grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 22, 2011
duno:

Yes, with God all things are possible but wisdom is also profitable to direct. Can two walk together except they AGREE?. The lady is not the only female on the face of the earth, there is no one woman/ man for one person. Why people deliberately put themselves into problem/ undue stress is beyond me.
My Brother! No be only you o!
If you love someone, LET THEM GO! If they come back to you, then you are meant to be. If they dont. . . . . . . . . . I think you know what i wanted to type next! wink
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by duno: 10:36am On Jul 22, 2011
This thread should not be derailed into a discourse on whether Jehovah's Witness is good or bad! The OP just needs advice on pursuing a relationship with someone with religious doctrine different from his.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by duno: 10:37am On Jul 22, 2011
sexkillz:

My Brother! No be only you o!
If you love someone, LET THEM GO! If they come back to you, then you are meant to be. If they dont. . . . . . . . . . I think you know what i wanted to type next! wink

Abi oh. But na sis sha oh grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by folahann(m): 10:39am On Jul 22, 2011
Sometimes we hold on to what we are supposed to let go off. We don't know the plan God has for us. There are somethings in life you just have to let go even if it's very difficult.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Mrsguru: 10:40am On Jul 22, 2011
To be very honest with you poster, a practising JW girl will never be happy to be with you in a marriage if you both have different beliefs. She may marry you now out of passion or infatuation but fews years down the line after the heat of passion has cooled off, physical attraction has reduced and stress of life in the world begin to set in, you'll start having problems because she'll start having feelings of emptiness and she'll feel guilty for not sticking with the congregation full time. She'll then open up to her family again and begin taking steps to practise her faith fully then confusing sets in for you as she'll also want your kids to follow her to the Kingdom hall.
Honestly it is a bad idea to marry a witness girl if you dont agree with their beliefs and way of life.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Jamesdman(m): 10:52am On Jul 22, 2011
Mikael (Sexkillz) are u a JW?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 22, 2011
duno:

Abi oh. But na sis sha oh grin
Abeg no VEX too much grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2011
James-dman:

Mikael (Sexkillz) are u a JW?
Who's asking? And WHY? I am a free Moral Agent! undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Sike(m): 11:04am On Jul 22, 2011
But Wait! I thought U are both Christain? JW OR RCCG? Why cant U marry eachother sinz u both follow d same Jesus. Or is dia smth hidden dat we didnt know?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 22, 2011
Jehovah witnesses aren't just a christian denomination.
THEY ARE A SECT
they are like the boko haram of christianity

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by duno: 11:10am On Jul 22, 2011
careytommy:

THEY ARE A SECT
they are like the[b] boko haram of christianity[/b]

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Eeeewoooooo! Then get ready for the BOMBS!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by JAkpayen(m): 11:13am On Jul 22, 2011
gloriuss:

Then my dear, you havent lived life AT ALL

I SAY THIS BECAUSE I'VE ATTENDED SO MANY CHURCHES.

@OP
EVEN IF THE LOVE AND RESPECT IS THERE, IF BOTH OF YOU ARE NOT COMPATIBLE THE MARRIAGE WON'T WORK.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 22, 2011
Sike:

But Wait! I thought U are both Christain? JW OR RCCG? Why cant U marry eachother sinz u both follow d same Jesus. Or is dia smth hidden dat we didnt know?

No mind dem johovah witness
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 22, 2011
Posted by: careytommy
THEY ARE A SECT
they are like the boko haram of christianity

Dont you think yourself ABSURD for drawing such irrelevant conclusion? What has that got to do with the TOPIC? Do you just post because you can? How many times have Jehovah's Witnesses been in the NEWS for the wrong reasons? Like the Boko haram? Have you seen them as a"SECT" acting violently? If your answer to any of the above questions is NO, then learn how to contribute to issues logically, and if you cant, just SHUT IT! undecided
PLS STICK TO TOPIC!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 22, 2011
@POSTER! Why dont you just invite one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES to your house and let them defend themselves on this issue! Save us the stress! undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by snowdrops(m): 11:27am On Jul 22, 2011
sexkillz:

How many times have Jehovah's Witnesses been in the NEWS for the wrong reasons?

A number of occasions. A woman refusing to accept life saving blood transfusion after child birth surely is news worthy
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Jamesdman(m): 11:31am On Jul 22, 2011
sexkillz:

Quote from Odiaero
"My guy, the way things are there, if they have the power, they may

And that scares you?  grin Pls get your facts right! Nigeria has a population of over 150,000,000
Jehovah's Witnesses are less than 400,000!
Are you seeing any Co-relation with your above statement? I believe that there are weighter issues to fry, than castigating Jehovah's Witnesses and their beliefs! Just give the LOVE STRUCK OP your advice and move to the Next Thread, abi? undecided

sexkillz:

Who's asking? And WHY? I am a free Moral Agent! undecided
Mike, u've bn defending JWs all tru ur replies on diz thread. N ur pattern n choice of words is typical of JWs! As an example, luk at dat stats up there, abt the number of JWs in Naija. That shows u kinda have the inside connection. ~~ However, I'll understand if u don't wanna profess ur alliegance to d Christain Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, ON DIZ THREAD!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 22, 2011
James-dman:

Mike, u've bn defending JWs all tru your replies on diz thread. N your pattern n choice of words is typical of JWs! As an example, luk at dat stats up there, abt the number of JWs in Naija. That shows u kinda have the inside connection. ~~ However, I'll understand if u don't wanna profess your alliegance to d Christain Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, ON DIZ THREAD!!!
Blame that on my vast Knowledge of some things i choose to engage in! I'm a silly forumite that just refuses to go with the crowd on MANY issues on this forum! I know you are aware of that already! wink
snowdrops:

A number of occasions. A woman refusing to accept life saving[b] blood transfusion[/b] after child birth surely is news worthy

Forgive me to say that you dont know "ALL" about blood transfusions!
PLS STICK TO TOPIC! angry angry
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Logba: 11:39am On Jul 22, 2011
@gloriuss.

Why did it take u this long to let me know you are still single.   I wish i could send this to u  offline.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 22, 2011
James-dman:

As an example, luk at dat stats up there, abt the number of JWs in Naija.
grin grin grin Dude! You are cracking me up! Don't you make research at all? Guy try dey google some times o! IT HELPS! cool
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by snowdrops(m): 11:53am On Jul 22, 2011
sexkillz:

Forgive me to say that you dont know "ALL" about blood transfusions!
PLS STICK TO TOPIC! angry angry

I can sense you have been spoiling for a fight with any and everybody since the start of this thread. I have handled your types and even better so many times on NL.

And yes, i know "all" about blood transfusion. More than you can ever know. I have done so many. And btw, i am not a vampire lol.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 22, 2011
snowdrops:

I can sense you have been spoiling for a fight with any and everybody since the start of this thread. I have handled your types and even better so many times on NL.

And yes, i know "all" about blood transfusion. More than you can ever know. I have done so many. And btw, i am not a vampire lol.
I beg o! Fight wetin? See me running O! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by ronia(f): 11:59am On Jul 22, 2011
But mak una no verse oooo,dis witness of a church,is it a christain church or e get anoda tin dey de do there Why cnt dey marry frm oda churchit has to be investigated ooo,which kind church be dat.there ladies go old for there be dat!!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by lareine1: 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2011
We're in the same shoe. My boyfriend is a muslim but not a fanatic. Yoruba by tribe. He has no problem with me being a witness. To him, i can practice my religion as long as i remain a good wife but i'm scared if his family will allow him. Although his mum is a strong CAC member. I don't know how to go about this. We are really in luv.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I'm Scared Of Marriage Because Of The Married Women I Dated. / Can You Marry Someone That Can't Read Or Write But Gives You Peace Of Mind? / Fellow Nairalanders You All Are Specially Invited To My Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.