Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account (32657 Views)

Dangote, Widow At Loggerhead Over 37 Acres Of Land At Ajah / Is Joint Account Good? / 21 Years Old Boy Sacked His Boss And Wedded His Boss Fiance Within 3 Momths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by odoemenacelevian(m): 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Tell him after you guys get married you will think about it..
That now is not favourable owing to self it doesn't make you happy

1 Like

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Kobicove(m): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
This is a sign of things to come in that marriage undecided

Do not agree to the idea of a joint account at this stage

3 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by DARLINGTON869(m): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
Early signs of things to come. Beta breakup if money is bringing dis kinda isuues.

T O DARLING

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by koyyess: 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
Better don't try it !!!! Not even after marriage.

Negroe is up to no good.

Adeleketoyin:

My Fiance however wants to have a joint account with me when we get married soon in this my confectionery business.

But I don't want to have any joint account or partner with anyone in this my confectionery business.
Please what do you advice?

5 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by LadySarah: 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
Nothing concerns me with joint account in this my marriage but contribute I must.
If he insists,both of you should decide %of your earnings that'd go into the account.Its not to carry everything and put there then one day someone will just decide to clear it.

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Romanoff(f): 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
Abort mission o.

4 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by tempex88(m): 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:
My people please I need your advice.

I'm having a lil loggerhead with my Fiance.

My fiance works in a company, which doesn't give him time to come home or live in his rented apartment for long.
I currently run a confectionery shop in my father's house.

My Fiance however wants to have a joint account with me when we get married soon in this my confectionery business. According to him, he'll support me, to help him get free in the future to stop his salary work and probably start another business without affecting the family.

But I don't want to have any joint account or partner with anyone in this my confectionery business. I want my business without any check or partner.
He's insisting on joint account to run the business and its getting into our relationship.

run from that relationship

5 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Truthshotcrazy: 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
You are not his WIFE.
So let him know.
U Guys should learn to distinguish Bedmates from Husband & Wife.
Until he marries you then you Guys can step up!
At this level, ur name is still written with a temporary marker. He can delist you or vice versa. U may wake up one morning & decide to delist him.
Temporary marker grin grin grin
No where is safe these days especially into this joint account matter.Even husband and wife with permanent marker names are not so permanent these days Divorce is more rampant than the previous generation.
One can even just wake up one day, and the husband has Yul edoched the wife

4 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
Cha E!
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Cousin9999: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
What he wants doesn't make sense. And you need to have your financial affairs in order around your business, so you can sustain it and grow.

Just tell him it introduces unnecessary work and risk.

4 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by prophetfire: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:
Better break up the relationship. If you cannot agree on money issues, you won't agree on anything.
You nailed it.

3 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by harmargedon: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
You are not his WIFE.
So let him know.
U Guys should learn to distinguish Bedmates from Husband & Wife.
Until he marries you then you Guys can step up!
At this level, ur name is still written with a temporary marker. He can delist you or vice versa. U may wake up one morning & decide to delist him.
you didn't read the write up bah?

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by medropoly(m): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
K
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by gassbee: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
Joint account is demonic
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by rajiedreez: 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
grin
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by emanobis(m): 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
To be frank, if you are FRANK with him, you wouldn't have any problem if he decides to invest in your "Confectionery" business.
He wants to have a joint account with you where he also puts in his own salary/money, so why are u nt comfortable with that?
Or is there something you are not telling him?

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Thomthom(m): 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
confectionery Shop.. I have never had about this shop.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by NaijaFutbol: 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

My fiance works in a company, which doesn't give him time to come home or live in his rented apartment for long.

My Fiance however wants to have a joint account with me when we get married soon in this my confectionery business. According to him, he'll support me, to help him get free in the future to stop his salary work and probably start another business without affecting the family.

But I don't want to have any joint account or partner with anyone in this my confectionery business. I want my business without any check or partner.
He's insisting on joint account to run the business and its getting into our relationship.

You guys are not financially compartible.
Just like sexual, religious and moral compatibility, this can make or mar the relationship.

Do not start what you cannot continue.
You guys can have a joint savings where a percentage is contributed into monthly.

3 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by bigdammyj: 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
Not a problem.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by TenQ: 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

I run a joint purse with my wife, however a Joint Purse must be separate from a Business account.

The proceeds of your business account is what goes into your joint purse except it is a joint business.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Ximenez(m): 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
Another transactional, give and take relationship.
It's obvious you two are not in love, lest you won't even be bothered about this. You just want to date and marry cos some people are doing it or cos people are telling you to.

5 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Unrated900(m): 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
You aren’t on untop now
This is why you do not want a joint account
But if he is untop
You would insisted on joint account
Women and uncontented life Shaaaa
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Fourwinds: 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:
Alright. Thanks.
hmmmmmm.....love love in the air
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Miyachi: 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
Firstly, personal accounts shouldn't be used for business. It is not suitable to used a joint personal account for your business. Preferably it should be a business or corporate account. If I understand you correctly, it means he want to be a signatory to your business account.

The way I see it, you don't trust this man. How long have you been together? What are you afraid of?

I don't think there's anything wrong in your fiance wanting to invest in your business. You guys are a team, you're making the money for your family and so is he, so what's there to be possessive about if you understand that what you have is for each other?

I think you should let him know that you have reservations concerning joining your business with him. Hopefully, he'll understand.

If you can't trust your fiance with your finances, I don't think that marriage is a good idea just yet.

1 Like

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by prophetfire: 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

. Better break up that relationship. You aren't meant to be together. You aren't compatible.
If you can't work money issues together, you can't move forward together.

Obviously you don't trust him. You don't feel comfortable with him having a part of your finances.
Two of you are a relationship disaster waiting to happen. You can't separate money matters from a relationship.
A relationship that can't find a rythm on money matters can't flourish.
Don't deceive yourself thinking you can make it with this very serious red flag.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Dynamicbliss: 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
Don't try it

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by ivolt: 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

Get a lawyer.
If he wants to be a partner draw up a contract where he will have to invest certain amount for
a percentage of your business say 20%. In this case, he will be an investor with a stake while
you run everything and share profits.
Also, have a clause that will ensure you can buy him out at anytime you want.

NEVER agree to a blank joint account!
It is a trap.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by OvaSabi1(f): 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
He has seen that the business is lucrative and he believes that it will grow better if he is the person who makes the rules. This can go either of 2 ways. Well or terrible.
Tell him that if he wants that to happen, you will want to be paid a certain amount of salary or share of profit every month. Then, he will have his account. You will have your own account too. Then, you guys can now have a joint account.
Remember that you may need the services of a lawyer to decide things like if you need to file new agreements to change the form of the business. It will be changed from a sole proprietorship to a partnership business. Ensure that your name appears on anything that is formed and filed.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Housing(m): 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin please don't agree to that. If wants a joint account that can be set up but not joint account for your business. If he doesn't agree please leave him.

3 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Wapgod(m): 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
Break up with him.
He's your enemy in disguise.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by DrDunamis(m): 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

�‍♀️ �‍♀️ �‍♂️ �‍♀️ �‍♂️ Run oh!
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Whiteshield: 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2022
If you run that account with him, you will regret it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Requirements In Opening A Corporate Bank Account In Nigeria / Sadiq Jambo: "Arthur Eze puts Me Through Oil Business As My Surrogate Father" / What Can He Do With His 350k Contribution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.