Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account (32653 Views)

Dangote, Widow At Loggerhead Over 37 Acres Of Land At Ajah / Is Joint Account Good? / 21 Years Old Boy Sacked His Boss And Wedded His Boss Fiance Within 3 Momths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Fearyourcreator: 3:08pm On Jun 20, 2022
Sanchez01:

You can't make such ridiculous proposal to have a stake in an already running business. If he was setting her up to start the business, say from the beginning, then he can actually put up the proposal. She doesn't look like she needs help but he is offering to buy get her some things and expect to own a stake of her business.

Giving her the money on loan is better than the embarrassing proposal.

Divorce isn't a thing I consider and wouldn't want to dwell on that. Plus, you can make a woman sign a prenup before anything.
I guess I need read the writeup from OP again
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by MadarasBlade(m): 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2022
ivolt:

Get a lawyer.
If he wants to be a partner draw up a contract where he will have to invest certain amount for
a percentage of your business say 20%. In this case, he will be an investor with a stake while
you run everything and share profits.
Also, have a clause that will ensure you can buy him out at anytime you want.

NEVER agree to a blank joint account!
It is a trap.

Very good idea.

I won't blame the OP because i can't trust any woman with my finances either and i don't expect any woman to trust me too, everybody should keep their money abeg.

1 Like

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Fearyourcreator: 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2022
Thanos5555:

the mentality of the OP is terribly poor.
people who are conmenting havent really understood her write up.

in summary the husband wants to invest so much into her business, so that he can resign his work, and then use that time to set up, his own business and use proceeds from her business to keep a source of income in the family., while he develops his business.

so her she thinks, he can invest into her business, but without expecting that she will use it in the future to take care of the house, during emergencies.

meaning when they get married she will in no way contribute to the family, but only provide vagina every night.

people are very wicked
Calm down... Man hasn't talk his own na...
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by PROPEACE: 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
xtivin:
Mtchew. Half story!!!, The guy gave you funds to start business and now wants joint account you are now putting the message as if he is the problem. Better agree with him quickly. These people sef undecided
You got the message bro. These vjay people and their ingratitude.

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by IamMobisola(f): 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:
My people please I need your advice.

I'm having a lil loggerhead with my Fiance.

My fiance works in a company, which doesn't give him time to come home or live in his rented apartment for long.
I currently run a confectionery shop in my father's house.

My Fiance however wants to have a joint account with me when we get married soon in this my confectionery business. According to him, he'll support me, to help him get free in the future to stop his salary work and probably start another business without affecting the family.

But I don't want to have any joint account or partner with anyone in this my confectionery business. I want my business without any check or partner.
He's insisting on joint account to run the business and its getting into our relationship.

Please what do you advice?

Please and please, DO NOT run a joint account with him when you get married.

1 Like

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by cococandy(f): 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
A business account should be separate.

You can have a joint account on the personal one. You both need to come to a compromise. But business should be business
Adeleketoyin:

My fiance works in a company, which doesn't give him time to come home or live in his rented apartment for long.

My Fiance however wants to have a joint account with me when we get married soon in this my confectionery business. According to him, he'll support me, to help him get free in the future to stop his salary work and probably start another business without affecting the family.

But I don't want to have any joint account or partner with anyone in this my confectionery business. I want my business without any check or partner.
He's insisting on joint account to run the business and its getting into our relationship.

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by kwasoly(m): 3:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

I don't think you are ready for marriage, make una read in between the lines. Marriage means us not me, selfish people are not supposed to get married. If you are not ready to sacrifice better take a walk.
Won't he bring his own money
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Fearyourcreator: 3:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
Thanos5555:

the mentality of the OP is terribly poor.
people who are conmenting havent really understood her write up.

in summary the husband wants to invest so much into her business, so that he can resign his work, and then use that time to set up, his own business and use proceeds from her business to keep a source of income in the family., while he develops his business.

so her she thinks, he can invest into her business, but without expecting that she will use it in the future to take care of the house, during emergencies.

meaning when they get married she will in no way contribute to the family, but only provide vagina every night.

people are very wicked
I dont understand the last parts in your message here
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Rhozabeth(m): 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
If u get to know the motive behind his insisting on having a joint account with you, then u will know he doesn't mean well! You probably does not know this person u call your fiance very well! I have always been against joint account with my spouse from the onset and any form of insistence does not mean well! My advice os that u just stand your ground, he will of course threaten you that he will call the relationship off, that should be a red flag for you that he does not mean well!

1 Like

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Jeromejnr(m): 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
ebuka1511:

Dear OP,

This is really a red flag, you are not yet married and he is insisting on a joint account? Let him know that you will always support him both

financially and otherwise, (and be honest with this, if you can't there is no need for you guys to be married together), but respectively let him

know you would like to operate your account on your own, if he insists on a joint account or no married, my sister, I am a man, married for 8

years, just take a walk from that relationship, it is not worth it, he is a control freak in the making, and there are signs that he might in future

let you handle all the family bills alone.

Bros, calm down.

The guy said after marriage he wants a joint account not before.

The kind relationships with out trust una dey get these days sef.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by toujurs: 3:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
My dear, Don't ever accept that shit. This your fiance is not to be trusted. You are about to accept the worst.

Handle your business by your self, enjoy your profits and suffer the losses by your self.

You can share with the family your profits, and life goes on.

1 Like

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by frozen70(f): 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

What has uoir source of income hot to do with him, I mean why should your source of income be needed for his future plans

How are you sure he is not into the relationship because of his intent

Tell him openly that you don't make profit and as such you can't risk the survival of the little one you are doing

He can save his salary and use it for whatever

1 Like

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by AloneTK: 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
It is very possible.

Each of you should and MUST continue to run your respective private accounts.

Decide on a fixed (equal) amount that you both will be putting in the joint account (whether weekly/monthly or yearly). Terms and conditions must be put in place too- No withdrawal without both parties agreeing to it.

You both MUST be recipients of bank alerts (phone and email) and each of you must be in agreement as to when and what the funds would be used for.

However, my take is this-
Joint bank accounts is not COMPULSORY for Relationships/marriages to hold!
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by IamMobisola(f): 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
Connected1:
If you can't trust him with your money, then the relationship is not worth it.

End it now because una marriage nor go get head.

There's a young lady in the street next to mine, she runs a phone charging and pos business with her Fiance, the guy works in the market as a real hustler, I hope you understand, nor be white collar job, they are currently building their own house.

It's all about love and trust, sacrifices must be paid, if you don't agree now, you may regret it or enjoy it later, it's all about trust, if he's a trustworthy person, then I don't see a problem there.

Did you even read her post well? Her fiancee wants her to use her own money from her business account to help him setup a business for him so he can quit his job. Lol, is that even sensible at all?

And IF they break up today, who owns the businesses and the house they are building? Let me guess, the man will throw the woman out. LOL

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Sanchez01: 3:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
Thanos5555:

wow your mentality surprises me, so in conclusion the point you have driven at is.

1. a woman shouldnt support the Family, when she has an income inflow.
A woman should support the family not by asking her to own a stake in her business. That is not the way to ask her to support.

2. the only thing a woman should contribute in a home is vagina.
Most men of this generation have no shame. I understand the Nigerian economy is tough but banking on a woman's business is all the signs you need to know that a man isn't financially stable to get married.

you may say it a lie, but read the story again, the guy says he wants to invest into her business, so that he will resign and during that space of time, that he is setting up his business, as a family, her incone will sustain the family.
for God sake i dont know what is wrong with that. you guys are really terribke with this stuffs
If he had half the shame, he wouldn't have brought that up. Why not use the same money in setting up a small business? Why must it be in her business? Why suggest a joint account? I guess you are one of the lazy men who expect women to feed them in marriage?

Such a shame.

4 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Sanchez01: 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

I guess I need read the writeup from OP again
You are only blabbering here, nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by tete7000(m): 3:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

You said you love him for all that he is, and that he will be. Yet you dey complain.

1 Like

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Kkk777: 3:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
Your man is another SIMP.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by IamMobisola(f): 3:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
tete7000:

You said you love him for all that he is, and that he will be. Yet you dey complain.

So she should use use up her own money from her business to setup a business for the guy? Really?
What then happens to her business? Fold up?
All because of Love? LMAO

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by GloriousGbola: 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

if your partner wants to set up a joint account in your confectionery, then he must come with EQUITY.
no need for long story. he wants to be a PARTNER, then he has to actually INVEST in the business
not sexually transmitted business ownership.partnership

would a stranger just join up in your business like that? no?

in the words of men everywhere, what is your fiance bringing to the table in the business?

does he have connections to potential clients ? does he have unique skills? is he great at accounting or sourcing materials?

anyway, its up to you. Nigerian men have a way of bullying women into wrong financial/business decisions in the name of love /marriage

i hope you are able to stand your ground. it is your business. you built it up. from everything you have said, he was not there from the onset, he has not provided any kind of support [financial, technical etal]

i cannot recall off the bat any nigerian businessmen whose wives became part of the business because of marriage

you know what to do. of course there will be tantrums and emotional blackmail, which is why you are here in the first place

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by IamMobisola(f): 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
Jeromejnr:

Bros, calm down.

The guy said after marriage he wants a joint account not before.

The kind relationships with out trust una dey get these days sef.

Forget trust now sef, He wants his fiancee to use her own money from her business to help setup a business for him so he can quit his job, then open a business account where they would both be putting money.

The question is what will happen to the OP's capital when that happens? Is her business supposed to fold up because she wants to help her fiancee setup a business?
Why can't the fiancee be saving money from his salary until he is able to get enough to open his business?

This is not a wise decision at all.

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by InvertedHammer: 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

/

No advice necessary.

You people chose to pursue your relationship the Oyibo way. So be ready to deal with Oyibo relationship problems that make their divorce rate greater than 50%.

/
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by skillmyman(m): 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
why is he insisting?
it is not by force to have a joint account with your spouse especially if the spouse is not well disposed to it.
he must understand that.

and for you, what are you hiding that you dont want a joint account?
you guys can agree on what percentage of income will go into the joint account
so both parties have their personal account and the family is run on the joint account.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Sterope(f): 3:34pm On Jun 20, 2022
It is still her business. If he wants a favour, he should say.

xtivin:
Mtchew. Half story!!!, The guy gave you funds to start business and now wants joint account you are now putting the message as if he is the problem. Better agree with him quickly. These people sef undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Martinez39s(m): 3:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
If you are earning millions, they want a joint account.
If they are earning millions, they don't want to have a joint account with you.

If you are earning millions, they don't want a prenup.
If they are earning millions, they want a prenup.

Lesson: when it benefits them, they keep it strictly business. When it doesn't, they want you to do it for love. They know what they are doing.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by AfroKnight: 3:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
Tell him to bring his lawyer and you bring yours to draft a contract. He’s acting suspiciously. Let him go and start his own business.

1 Like

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:43pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

Encourage your guy to have his own thing.

There was a case of a guy who was claiming right over the house his wife inherited from her father because of this joint account issue.

Let him know that your current business is an heritage business funded by your parents, with 100% shareholding in the business belonging to you and whoever you want to give minority shares to

5 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by MadarasBlade(m): 3:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
Martinez39s:
If you are earning millions, they want a joint account.
If they are earning millions, they don't want to have a joint account with you.

If you are earning millions, they don't want a prenup.
If they are earning millions, they want a prenup.

Lesson: when it benefits them, they keep it strictly business. When it doesn't, they want you to do it for love. They know what they are doing.

Men are eternally stupid, i don't know why they can't see through women.

Ever since i kept love far from my eyes, i have been able to make rational decisions no matter how "wicked".

1 Like

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by saintnegroid(m): 3:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

please don't try that... You can only have a joint account with him if you guys are married... He shouldn't even be talking about your own finance when he is not yet married to you... If he does not like it that way he should move to the next person... A better man will come your way.. so next time he mentions it, tell him you won't do any joint account with him
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by kapelvej: 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

Depends on your motive. Are you just being greedy ?. Ask your self, if this guy was earning over 2million naira or he has a multi million naira business, will you refuse his merger proposals ? Your answer should determine the solution to this problem. Okay
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Fearyourcreator: 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
Sanchez01:

You are only blabbering here, nothing more.
I said I need read from OP again... Wetin be wahala again now... Nawa ooo
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by President2001(m): 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

All what I seen is lack of trust, deceive and eating what you did not work for
On the side of man he knew is salary is more or less than what you earn in your shop to put 80% of burden on you even from now
On your own side you don't really love him you're also thinking of relationship security in the future so both of you keep on deceiving each other

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) / Requirements In Opening A Corporate Bank Account In Nigeria / Sadiq Jambo: "Arthur Eze puts Me Through Oil Business As My Surrogate Father"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.