Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account (32652 Views)

Dangote, Widow At Loggerhead Over 37 Acres Of Land At Ajah / Is Joint Account Good? / 21 Years Old Boy Sacked His Boss And Wedded His Boss Fiance Within 3 Momths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Gentlerespect76: 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:
My people please I need your advice.

I'm having a lil loggerhead with my Fiance.

My fiance works in a company, which doesn't give him time to come home or live in his rented apartment for long.
I currently run a confectionery shop in my father's house.

My Fiance however wants to have a joint account with me when we get married soon in this my confectionery business. According to him, he'll support me, to help him get free in the future to stop his salary work and probably start another business without affecting the family.

But I don't want to have any joint account or partner with anyone in this my confectionery business. I want my business without any check or partner.
He's insisting on joint account to run the business and its getting into our relationship.

Please what do you advice?
Speaking as a married man your fiance is foolish. Ask me why.

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Raychee(f): 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
There's no long story. Either you refuse or you accept. Both might come with consequences or benefits. Be reasonable with no sentiments about what you really want. Nobody here can give you the best answer because we only have this part of the story and not what you want the future of your business to be like, or what your relationship is like. Goodluck.

Btw, i think joint account should be only between married couples for the purpose of family runs but that's just my own opinion.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Rrchrd(m): 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
Get this
Never do joint account with anybody even with your husband

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by juman(m): 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
Red flag.
Ready to dump him and move on.

1 Like

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by WatchYourSix: 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

My fiance works in a company, which doesn't give him time to come home or live in his rented apartment for long.

My Fiance however wants to have a joint account with me when we get married soon in this my confectionery business. According to him, he'll support me, to help him get free in the future to stop his salary work and probably start another business without affecting the family.

But I don't want to have any joint account or partner with anyone in this my confectionery business. I want my business without any check or partner.
He's insisting on joint account to run the business and its getting into our relationship.

You Women are naturally redpilled ....una no fit let one man manipulate una..

.....you know what to do.....if you are earning more and your business is self sustained....take more pills

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by King2019(m): 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2022
There is something called shares just specify individual percentages and the issue is solved.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by atobs4real(m): 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
let him know ASAP that you are not comfortable sharing this biz with him and/or having any interference by anyone on how to run your biz.... also remind him that his idea could be a big disaster that will not only affect your biz but also your r/ship with him.

as much as he wants to find some free time to be with you, your biz is NOT the solution

that's too harsh
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by chukwuibuipob: 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
sad very simple stuff.As long as the mandate state both of u to sign(reject ATM pls) no wahala
Adeleketoyin:

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by DMerciful(m): 2:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
You wanna get married or not?

If you show a tendency to be selfish, he'd leave!

You want a situation where you can hide your income and enjoy his?
Adeleketoyin:

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Ayanya(f): 2:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
It is good you know what you want as an individual because you must hold on to that even in marriage(talking from experience). Since you want to have your business as an individual,try to make him see what you want,if he can't respect that, it is a red flag,i do hope he's not controlling or showing signs of it. The truth is that finance is one of the causes of frictions in marriage.
Personally, i had a joint account with my partner but he decided to close it though i ddnt like the idea,the purpose was abused so i couldn't fight it cuz he has a right to his decision as an individual if joint account can't work.
I suggest you follow Pst kingsley and Mildred on youtube on topics like ds and many more b4 you go into marriage, na eye opener after all d euphoria of love me i love you don clear.
A partner that you can communicate and reason with is the goal,discuss it ,let him know your stand on the topic and listen to his,then decide.
He could look for another business to set up in order to get free from his job,it mustn't have to be yours.

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by LadyTara(f): 2:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
ivolt:

Get a lawyer.
If he wants to be a partner draw up a contract where he will have to invest certain amount for
a percentage of your business say 20%. In this case, he will be an investor with a stake while
you run everything and share profits.
Also, have a clause that will ensure you can buy him out at anytime you want.

NEVER agree to a blank joint account!
It is a trap.
ororo dey your head, sense will not kill you. @ adeleketoyin follow this advice.

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by todaynewsreview: 2:52pm On Jun 20, 2022
Surprisingly, it's him that will soon find out he's doing himself great harm. Allow him please if that's what he wants. Na him go later beg to opt out.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by chukkystar(m): 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
He can have his own business but must not be the same with Yours. Business is mainly doing what You Like and Know in and out else problem. He has to know You want Your own Business. I feel he is insecure and wants to control the Business thereby Controlling Your Financial Power. As for the Joint Account, You don't need to put all Your money there, things change with time, You both can invest into shares just don't put all your Penny there. Plus he isn't Yet Your Husband and he is dictating to You, Marriage na Chains be that ooo.

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by ebuka1511(m): 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

Dear OP,

This is really a red flag, you are not yet married and he is insisting on a joint account? Let him know that you will always support him both

financially and otherwise, (and be honest with this, if you can't there is no need for you guys to be married together), but respectively let him

know you would like to operate your account on your own, if he insists on a joint account or no married, my sister, I am a man, married for 8

years, just take a walk from that relationship, it is not worth it, he is a control freak in the making, and there are signs that he might in future

let you handle all the family bills alone.

5 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Fearyourcreator: 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
Sanchez01:

That's him indirectly requesting a stake in your business and taking out money when he needs it. It is better to reject it outrightly. If he can't support you without partnering with you, then it can only mean the help he wants to render is expected to be paid back through owning a stake in your business.

If he wants to walk after that, just know he isn't your peace of mind.
Can't he have a stake?
But if man grow business and divorce come ... Woman can take from his wealth
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by VicM6: 2:57pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

If u venture in to a joint acct with him, it will end in tears......The guy go show u pepper.....i don talk my own o.

3 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Tzar(m): 2:57pm On Jun 20, 2022
So you want us to advise you on what to do with an insecure, opportunistic, gold digger?
If you don’t mind the aforementioned clear characteristics of your so called partner, why not meet in the middle & ask for a contributory joint account where you both agree in trust to put a percentage of your income into the account.
If he still disagrees with this, you better leave his gold digging ass & dm me ASAP! People like us dey look for better, financially independent babe with wife value o!

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by jrusky(m): 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2022
Joint account what?

In this 21st century you are doing joint account with woman bro? Na wa oo.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Sanchez01: 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Can't he have a stake?
But if man grow business and divorce come ... Woman can take from his wealth
You can't make such ridiculous proposal to have a stake in an already running business. If he was setting her up to start the business, say from the beginning, then he can actually put up the proposal. She doesn't look like she needs help but he is offering to buy get her some things and expect to own a stake of her business.

Giving her the money on loan is better than the embarrassing proposal.

Divorce isn't a thing I consider and wouldn't want to dwell on that. Plus, you can make a woman sign a prenup before anything.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Thanos5555: 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2022
emanobis:
To be frank, if you are FRANK with him, you wouldn't have any problem if he decides to invest in your "Confectionery" business.
He wants to have a joint account with you where he also puts in his own salary/money, so why are u nt comfortable with that?
Or is there something you are not telling him?

the mentality of the OP is terribly poor.
people who are conmenting havent really understood her write up.

in summary the husband wants to invest so much into her business, so that he can resign his work, and then use that time to set up, his own business and use proceeds from her business to keep a source of income in the family., while he develops his business.

so her she thinks, he can invest into her business, but without expecting that she will use it in the future to take care of the house, during emergencies.

meaning when they get married she will in no way contribute to the family, but only provide vagina every night.

people are very wicked

5 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Fearyourcreator: 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2022
ivolt:

Get a lawyer.
If he wants to be a partner draw up a contract where he will have to invest certain amount for
a percentage of your business say 20%. In this case, he will be an investor with a stake while
you run everything and share profits.
Also, have a clause that will ensure you can buy him out at anytime you want.

NEVER agree to a blank joint account!
It is a trap.
Everything laslas... No one will be buried with all these things na... E no reach like this na
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Fearyourcreator: 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2022
Rrchrd:
Get this
Yeye
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by nedekid: 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2022
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Fearyourcreator: 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2022
Rrchrd:
Get this
Yeye...
Many wey no do nko....
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by dejio42(m): 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
Connected1:
If you can't trust him with your money, then the relationship is not worth it.

End it now because una marriage nor go get head.

There's a young lady in the street next to mine, she runs a phone charging and pos business with her Fiance, the guy works in the market as a real hustler, I hope you understand, nor be white collar job, they are currently building their own house.

It's all about love and trust, sacrifices must be paid, if you don't agree now, you may regret it or enjoy it later, it's all about trust, if he's a trustworthy person, then I don't see a problem there.
Finally I sited an Elder, more wisdom. But from what she typed, the guy was suggesting till after marriage. He could be testing her loyalty sef. Meanwhile I don't like the idea of joint stuff
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Toktee(m): 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
post=113984979:
Important thing to know about Joint Account
: While no account holder can remove another account holder from a joint account without that person's consent, few banks will stop you from withdrawing or transferring the entire balance on your own.

Na for where you read this one for her story?!
Some of you people here sha.
Una go just type rubbish and annoying lies with so much confidence.
But the story is in complete pls...she's economical with truth...make we hear from the guy first.

How man go just wakeup one day just begin the force joint account on him girlfriend.....think natural
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Fearyourcreator: 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
todaynewsreview:
Surprisingly, it's him that will soon find out he's doing himself great harm. Allow him please if that's what he wants. Na him go later beg to opt out.
Someone you dont know his mind... People funny sha
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by JesusIsAMuslim: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2022
He deserves a lot better than you. Serve him breakfast so that he can go to someone he can develop with. I pray not to meet someone like you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Thanos5555: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2022
Sanchez01:

You can't make such ridiculous proposal to have a stake in an already running business. If he was setting her up to start the business, say from the beginning, then he can actually put up the proposal. She doesn't look like she needs help but he is offering to buy get her some things and expect to own a stake of her business.

Giving her the money on loan is better than the embarrassing proposal.

Divorce isn't a thing I consider and wouldn't want to dwell on that. Plus, you can make a woman sign a prenup before anything.

wow your mentality surprises me, so in conclusion the point you have driven at is.

1. a woman shouldnt support the Family, when she has an income inflow.

2. the only thing a woman should contribute in a home is vagina.

you may say it a lie, but read the story again, the guy says he wants to invest into her business, so that he will resign and during that space of time, that he is setting up his business, as a family, her incone will sustain the family.

for God sake i dont know what is wrong with that.

you guys are really terribke with this stuffs

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Fearyourcreator: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2022
Tzar:
So you want us to advise you on what to do with an insecure, opportunistic, gold digger?
If you don’t mind the aforementioned clear characteristics of your so called partner, why not meet in the middle & ask for a contributory joint account where you both agree in trust to put a percentage of your income into the account.
If he still disagrees with this, you better leave his gold digging ass & dm me ASAP! People like us dey look for better, financially independent babe with wife value o!
Yimmu
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Olamide0001: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2022
You can agree but let it be both to sign and not either to sign
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by emkz: 3:08pm On Jun 20, 2022
There is no issue here.

You don't want a joint account. Just tell him so. If that is a reason he wants to end things, so be it.

Don't lose yourself to please a man or woman. Even in a relationship, protect your interest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) / Requirements In Opening A Corporate Bank Account In Nigeria / Sadiq Jambo: "Arthur Eze puts Me Through Oil Business As My Surrogate Father"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.