Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account (32655 Views)

Dangote, Widow At Loggerhead Over 37 Acres Of Land At Ajah / Is Joint Account Good? / 21 Years Old Boy Sacked His Boss And Wedded His Boss Fiance Within 3 Momths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Zeezenho: 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Madam the truth is that you don't trust your guy at least business wise or financially in general, which to me is a big red flag.

My advice he is not your husband why not free the poor guy so you too can be free.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by juniorstar(m): 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:
My people please I need your advice.

I'm having a lil loggerhead with my Fiance.

My fiance works in a company, which doesn't give him time to come home or live in his rented apartment for long.
I currently run a confectionery shop in my father's house.

My Fiance however wants to have a joint account with me when we get married soon in this my confectionery business. According to him, he'll support me, to help him get free in the future to stop his salary work and probably start another business without affecting the family.

But I don't want to have any joint account or partner with anyone in this my confectionery business. I want my business without any check or partner.
He's insisting on joint account to run the business and its getting into our relationship.

Please what do you advice?
Let him do his business and you do yours..if you want to have a joint account let the purpose be known if its to invest and for what purpose..whoever has the business idea you both deliberate and invest the money into the project..don't allow him interfere into your business.it has ruined many enterprising women..I heard of a woman who was doing well in her stock fish business racking in millions only for her husband to join her in the business and he started womanising and squandered the who business na yhe woman is looking older than her age..its good to support each other but money brings out the beast in most ppl so be careful dont fall for it.

1 Like

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Iretii0511(m): 5:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
He wants to support you to grow your business so that when he starts his own, the income will be enough for the family till his business pick. Please is anything wrong with this? Didn’t you say he wants this after your marriage?
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by ABANGWABOI(m): 5:37pm On Jun 20, 2022
If it is as you put it here...then your fiancee is a Fool
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Acidosis(m): 5:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
I understand that some people do not have interest in growing their business beyond micro-scale/one-shop level. But have you thought about enlarging the scope and scale of your business?

If you answered yes to the above question, then take him in as an investor and allocate some equity (maybe 30% max).

The idea of operating a joint account should be totally discarded. That's a choice you have to make yourself.

Don't ever make the mistake of taking a fiance as a business partner (investor is a better term). It's a disaster waiting to happen unless you're 1000% sure about your future together.

Even in marriage, the idea of joint account is totally unnecessary. What's the essence of having a joint account when both partners already have more than 7 different accounts before even meeting each other? Better to make your cards and pin accessible than a joint account.

2 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by swuftz: 5:43pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

My fiance works in a company, which doesn't give him time to come home or live in his rented apartment for long.

My Fiance however wants to have a joint account with me when we get married soon in this my confectionery business. According to him, he'll support me, to help him get free in the future to stop his salary work and probably start another business without affecting the family.

But I don't want to have any joint account or partner with anyone in this my confectionery business. I want my business without any check or partner.
He's insisting on joint account to run the business and its getting into our relationship.

There is nothing wrong with Joint Account. But it should not be your business account.
You can both open a Joint Account separate from your Business and his salary account in which both of you will contribute certain percentage of your income jointly.
Your business account is not your income account so you need to open your own personal account in which you deposit the money you pay yourself from your business.
In that way you both can agree on a certain amount to contribute jointly every month.
My take.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by kafeii123: 5:43pm On Jun 20, 2022
Business account must be separated from expenses account...it's only after the financial year can the profits be shared
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Nikkganc08(m): 5:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

First, Have a personal account.
Secondly, a business account for ur confectionery.

Business is Business.
What u r supposed to jointly have with him is d 'personal' account.

YES, Jointly own ur personal account with him as he requested.

To be honest, men that do this nowadays are scammers.

Don't get me wrong...

In d olden days, it was purely out of love.

My aunt owns a school and that was exactly what happened.
The man borrowed a car as show off and came to marry her.

Insisted they have a joint account and other stuffs.

She refused and that was d end of d marriage/love.

Let me state this clearly again...

BUSINESS is BUSINESS.

your husband is NOT ur business partner.

Open a business account for ur confectionery.
Then a second account as personal account.

You can even do such in same bank. Its allowed.

Afterwards, u guys can have a joint account using that 'personal account'.
And not d business account.

A man with a pure heart would easily accept d idea I told u.
But just watch out...!!! He won't.

He'd get offended cos he's after d money from that ur business.

He'd then use manipulative tactics like: "we r lovers, we should trust each other", "we should be sincere to each other" , etc

If he insists, he needs to bring an active business account in order to merge with your business. And its not even advisable to do such for any reason.

Imagine Dangote business having same account with maybe, a Fashion company simply because the owner is his wife.

It doesn't work that way

That ur husband is a fraudster and is hiding something from u. Just mark my words, You'd find out later.

If u ignore this advice, you'd still come back here for advice.

He'd run ur business down with excessive withdrawals while adding little or nothing.

He'd still secretly own other bank accounts apart from d one u guys jointly owned.

That 'joint account' would be d cause of problem in that relationship.

Once d business shuts down , he'd lay allegations on u, then get another woman thats already on standby.

Be wise oo, its 21st century. Not 18th

NOTE:
If u love d man and want d relationship to be as sweet as honey...

Open d joint account with him using that confectionery business account.

Load 1 million to it monthly (even if he contributes nothing)

Then allow him to withdraw as much as he wants.

NEVER question any debit alert u see even if he withdraws d whole money.

Whenever he withdraws Money there, just kneel down beside him and say...

"Honey , thank u for withdrawing money from our joint account today. I know u r doing it for d both of us"

In appreciation, prepare a good meal for him.
Then give him good s*x same night.

DON'T ever question what he used d money for
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by ogawisdom(m): 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
The joint account should not stop you from having your own account and it should be a separate account both of you contribute something to monthly. This must be after you are married
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by kapelvej: 6:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Smiles...
This your angle tight ooo
well it may be tight. However most times when we have imbroglio like this, the best way to solve it is to reverse the situation back to ourselves and see how it feels.
I met a man who said marrying two wives is very ok. I asked him to pray that his only daughter becomes a second wife or marry into polygamy,
and dude went berserk.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by BlueAir: 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2022
Morally retardedd. Op should ignore this morally bankruptcyy rants. Even tho his insistence for joint account is close to bullying just let him know u don't buy the idea. Doesn't mean u don't trust or love him..tell him u would feel confident running the biz for Both of u without such account length or does he want u to spend the money or risk money clash? For someone to suggest joint account with his own money tells he trusts u and shouldnt be classified as bedmate. Ignore this morally bankrupted dullardd pls. Even with marriage,u still can't trust people anyhow.so whatsvd senseless tag on marriage about or una no dey read news?.
MALIGNANTGuest:
You are not his WIFE.
So let him know.
[/b]U Guys should learn to distinguish Bedmates from Husband & Wife[b].
[/b]Until he marries you then you Guys can step up!
At this level, ur name is still written with a temporary marker. He can delist you or vice versa. U may wake up one morning & decide to delist him[b]
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Connected1: 6:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
IamMobisola:

Did you even read her post well? Her fiancee wants her to use her own money from her business account to help him setup a business for him so he can quit his job. Lol, is that even sensible at all?

And IF they break up today, who owns the businesses and the house they are building? Let me guess, the man will throw the woman out. LOL

I am sure you are against women helping men.

If you like spend on a man or don't spend on him, the one that will marry you will do so, it's all about what the man wants, how well the relationship goes along the line and not how you do it.

If she rubs it in his face then they will surely breakup.

It's not as if he collecting money from her to squander it. All the same, she has the decision to make.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by KingMarlhyk: 6:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
I don't want to act like i want to come in between what God has joined together buh there are chances of him using you to CASH OUT if he can't find an alternative to his problems and respect your feelings rather than letting it separate you both. It seems the guy won CASH OUT SIS
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by KingMarlhyk: 6:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
Connected1:

If you like spend on a man or don't spend on him, the one that will marry you will do so, it's all about what the man wants, how well the relationship goes along the line and not how you do it.

It's not as if he collecting money from her to squander it. All the same, she has the decision to make.
I wonder the angle that you are using to calculate this issue
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Connected1: 6:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
zedegit:

That's how love Scammers operate.
Look, in life we have our own load of lucks.

I know men who trained women to the university or a professional skill and the women left them, same way I know men that the women married them and they have children now.

Whether she chooses to take the risk or not, it won't change the person in question, that's why I said if he is a trustworthy person, she should support him.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by xtivin(m): 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
Sterope:
It is still her business. If he wants a favour, he should say.

See sense of entitlement o. Without his Capital business no go dey o.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Joe4real1988(m): 6:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
Thanos5555:

the mentality of the OP is terribly poor.
people who are conmenting havent really understood her write up.

in summary the husband wants to invest so much into her business, so that he can resign his work, and then use that time to set up, his own business and use proceeds from her business to keep a source of income in the family., while he develops his business.

so her she thinks, he can invest into her business, but without expecting that she will use it in the future to take care of the house, during emergencies.

meaning when they get married she will in no way contribute to the family, but only provide vagina every night.

people are very wicked
She doesn't want her pin to go into the family's financial needs while the man builds up his planned business. That's pure wickedness and self-centeredness. It's so unfortunate the commenters are unable to read her mind. If u truly love your man, u wouldn't have any problem with him knowing the in and out of your financial/business dealings by taking part in it.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by zedegit: 6:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
Connected1:

Look, in life we have our own load of lucks.

I know men who trained women to the university or a professional skill and the women left them, same way I know men that the women married them and they have children now.

Whether she chooses to take the risk or not, it won't change the person in question, that's why I said if he is a trustworthy person, she should support him.

Either way it's not a good way to lay a marital foundation. It's like putting the cart before the horse.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Connected1: 6:47pm On Jun 20, 2022
zedegit:

Either way it's not a good way to lay a marital foundation. It's like putting the cart before the horse.
Take Note.

She said he wanted it after marriage.

To think I never saw that part baffles me, It's hard to trust people but sometimes we have to especially when we claim to love them.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Nellsworld(m): 6:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

I will advice you not to permit that, i am a business person, i am married, i can't even do that with my wife or even my blood, i will advice you to register ur business as limited liability company, where u can sell shares, now he will be coming as a partner, you draw up terms and conditions legally, and if with all these he can't ve access to the ur business account, cos business is an entity on itself and don't let anyone come between u and ur business even if it is ur blood, u started it, u know where u want to take it to. If ur bf don't want to ve a legal deal, like investing or partnering in terms of selling a certain % share to him, don't sell above 10%, then break up with him immediately, cos he is not a gardener that can garden ur future but a destroyer. Get a man that will build u up in everything unconditionally, when it comes to ur business, treat it professionally, don't let love or emotion cloud ur hrt and eyes
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by IamMobisola(f): 7:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
Connected1:

I still don't understand why some of you guys aren't getting the point, I have a small business that I do, my bf has a job but he wants me to use the money I get from my small business to help him setup a business for himself so he can quit his job. Question is; Haven't I become jobless with no income? How will I survive financially? What happens if this business he wants to venture into folds up or doesn't yield anything, how do we survive?
Another thing is, why can't the BF save money from his current job, atleast to be accumulating something so as not to put the burden on his GF?

Only a selfish person does this.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by lookingfly: 7:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:
Alright. Thanks.
I am a man, I don't advice you to open a joint account. Tell him this with a straight face and know peace later on. If there is anyway you can support each other financially, pls do and don't always see it as the man's duty to always give you money or support you alone. Sometimes, support him too, na human being him be too.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by GoodIsGod: 7:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
Joint account is not a good thing. You can both have personal accounts and one joint account though. That means you will both work out how much each of you put in the joint account monthly. Joint account without each of you having personal accounts will cause serious problem bin the future.

Talking from experience.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Connected1: 8:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
IamMobisola:

I still don't understand why some of you guys aren't getting the point, I have a small business that I do, my bf has a job but he wants me to use the money I get from my small business to help him setup a business for himself so he can quit his job. Question is; Haven't I become jobless with no income? How will I survive financially? What happens if this business he wants to venture into folds up or doesn't yield anything, how do we survive?
Another thing is, why can't the BF save money from his current job, atleast to be accumulating something so as not to put the burden on his GF?

Only a selfish person does this.
Madam that's your formulated own story, not the she wrote up there.

I don't have time for explanations abeg,
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by VirileNelly2420: 8:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
He is just a lazy man and may kill the business if you allow him.
Una no dey read before commenting?
Which one is lazy again, .... someone who's working? He only wanted to support d fiancee financially in her own biz to make it bigger while dey run a joint account.

But my fear is, dey aint married yet. What if d guy isn't sincere? What of he's just seeking for a tactful way to get closer to d lady's pocket? What if he siphons d whole money tomorrow and move away?

Well, street is just so rough diz days, anything can happen.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by CHARLOE(m): 8:39pm On Jun 20, 2022
Thanos5555:

wow your mentality surprises me, so in conclusion the point you have driven at is.

1. a woman shouldnt support the Family, when she has an income inflow.

2. the only thing a woman should contribute in a home is vagina.

you may say it a lie, but read the story again, the guy says he wants to invest into her business, so that he will resign and during that space of time, that he is setting up his business, as a family, her incone will sustain the family.

for God sake i dont know what is wrong with that.

you guys are really terribke with this stuffs
Nigerian women don't like spending their money, they have a saying; 'ur money is our money, my money is my money". Young men out there, invest in yourself b4 marriage o!
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by efficiencie(m): 8:58pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

Aunty whoever you cannot trust with your finances should not be your husband. Unless ofcourse the reason you are marrying him is for his wealth. You must be aligned in every possible way with your spouse. Any area where you are not united with your spouse becomes the origin of animosity, violence and divorce. If you do not agree with your fiance joining his finance with your I will advice you to call the relationship off. You will not like the consequences of marrying such a man. It will end badly.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by ejieddy: 9:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
My advice, GET MARRIED FIRST
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by ImaIma1(f): 10:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
Are you earning more? Would he have insisted on a joint account if you were earning much less than him?

1 Like

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by zedegit: 12:10am On Jun 21, 2022
Connected1:

Take Note.

She said he wanted it after marriage.

To think I never saw that part baffles me, It's hard to trust people but sometimes we have to especially when we claim to love them.

Forget it. We are dealing with human beings and joint account is not advisable. I will even be skeptical for even mentioning it because that's a red flag.

That man is money conscious and could be dangerous just like Osinachi's husband.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Connected1: 12:20am On Jun 21, 2022
zedegit:

Forget it. We are dealing with human beings and joint account is not advisable. I will even be skeptical for even mentioning it because that's a red flag.

That man is money conscious and could be dangerous just like Osinachi's husband.
Nawa undecided
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by zedegit: 12:22am On Jun 21, 2022
Iretii0511:
He wants to support you to grow your business so that when he starts his own, the income will be enough for the family till his business pick. Please is anything wrong with this? Didn’t you say he wants this after your marriage?

If that's the true motive, then a joint account is not necessary. Let him be remitting a certain percentage of his money into her account for say 10 years before stopping work.

It seems Dude want to put in #500 000 and claim #3 million for his own business. MMM pattern.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) / Requirements In Opening A Corporate Bank Account In Nigeria / Sadiq Jambo: "Arthur Eze puts Me Through Oil Business As My Surrogate Father"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.