Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,261 members, 7,815,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account (32660 Views)

Dangote, Widow At Loggerhead Over 37 Acres Of Land At Ajah / Is Joint Account Good? / 21 Years Old Boy Sacked His Boss And Wedded His Boss Fiance Within 3 Momths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by zedegit: 12:42am On Jun 21, 2022
Connected1:

Nawa

It seems you are even the man.
Go ahead quoting everyone instead of sleeping.

Siblings betray each other talkless of different people coming for marriage. If he needs money from her to setup his business after marriage that's another thing but let that money he's requesting not affect her own business.

But joint account, is cancelled. I said so.

AdelekeToyin
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Connected1: 12:48am On Jun 21, 2022
zedegit:

It seems you are even the man.
Go ahead quoting everyone instead of sleeping.

Siblings betray each other talkless of different people coming for marriage. If he needs money from her to setup his business after marriage that's another thing but let that money he's requesting not affect her own business.

But joint account, is cancelled. I said so.

AdelekeToyin
You must be troublesome in nature.

She can go ahead to decline his request, what do I care.

She requested for a public opinion and I dropped mine, then I replied some of those who qouted me.
Tell me where I do bad now, I don't have time for rubbish now, I am in a sober mood because I am at work now.

It's her life and her money, she can do whatever she likes with it.

I don't need bad energy at all.

1 Like

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Iretii0511(m): 5:09am On Jun 21, 2022
zedegit:

If that's the true motive, then a joint account is not necessary. Let him be remitting a certain percentage of his money into her account for say 10 years before stopping work.

It seems Dude want to put in #500 000 and claim #3 million for his own business. MMM pattern.

Wait, what’s bad with having a joint account in marriage?

Why are you guys so sensitive with money? I mean, we are supposed to own everything together innit? If I can’t trust you with my money or vice versa, why am I getting married to you?
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by zedegit: 6:32am On Jun 21, 2022
Iretii0511:

Why are you guys so sensitive with money? I mean, we are supposed to own everything together innit? If I can’t trust you with my money or vice versa, why am I getting married to you?

Simp. Your breakfast will be sweet. Wait for it.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Nellsworld(m): 6:35am On Jun 21, 2022
Iretii0511:

Nothing is bad abt it, but not in business, if it was personal joint account where the two wil be remitting their income, but for business, that is no cos the business is her sweat, if any wrong move or investment, or unnecessary spending from any parties will bring down the business
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Iretii0511(m): 6:54am On Jun 21, 2022
zedegit:

Simp. Your breakfast will be sweet. Wait for it.

I think you just learnt the word “simp” and you are trying to use it any chance you get.

And don’t quote me again if you have a peanut size brain.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Iretii0511(m): 7:08am On Jun 21, 2022
Nellsworld:

Nothing is bad abt it, but not in business, if it was personal joint account where the two wil be remitting their income, but for business, that is no cos the business is her sweat, if any wrong move or investment, or unnecessary spending from any parties will bring down the business

Did you read the OP? Let me give it a recap.

1. Dude works and make his own money.
2. Propose to support the woman’s business when they get married.
3. Propose to have a joint account or family account with the wife.
4. Said he has plans of leaving his current job to have his business and will be depending on the wife’s business pending when he kicks his business up. (This is after investing in the business)

You could deduce that the family account (joint account if you will) is not mutual exclusive of his support for the wife’s business. Only wants the wife’s business to be big enough to carry the family pending when he gets comfy with his business.

This OP is just being a typical woman, self centred and selfish, I’m sure if the guy earns way higher, she would rather see that as a Blessing rather than this complaining.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by worldclass68(m): 7:17am On Jun 21, 2022
I think the guy man is trying to avoid the "my money is my money, while your money is our money" grin grin...

Reason ham...
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by EvenBlogger: 9:51am On Jun 21, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
You are not his WIFE.
So let him know.
U Guys should learn to distinguish Bedmates from Husband & Wife. Top
Until he marries you then you Guys can step up!
At this level, ur name is still written with a temporary marker. He can delist you or vice versa. U may wake up one morning & decide to delist him.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Fearyourcreator: 11:56am On Jun 21, 2022
kapelvej:
well it may be tight. However most times when we have imbroglio like this, the best way to solve it is to reverse the situation back to ourselves and see how it feels.
I met a man who said marrying two wives is very ok. I asked him to pray that his only daughter becomes a second wife or marry into polygamy,
and dude went berserk.
Lolz
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
atobs4real:
that's too harsh

what do you mean? do you believe that the minute they get married, she should allow her husband to dictate how she should run her own business?! she succeessfuly ran a biz before she met the dude, and she certainly doesnt need her future husband to now jump on the bandwagon and use that same biz as leverage for him to quit his job. the whole issue is fishy to begin with...

imagine if the future husband had a successful biz and suddenly future wifey says:" i am gonna quit my job and now will be going to your biz and make it our biz and i will take decisions about this biz with you?!
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Nellsworld(m): 10:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
Iretii0511:

Did you read the OP? Let me give it a recap.

1. Dude works and make his own money.
2. Propose to support the woman’s business when they get married.
3. Propose to have a joint account or family account with the wife.
4. Said he has plans of leaving his current job to have his business and will be depending on the wife’s business pending when he kicks his business up. (This is after investing in the business)

You could deduce that the family account (joint account if you will) is not mutual exclusive of his support for the wife’s business. Only wants the wife’s business to be big enough to carry the family pending when he gets comfy with his business.

This OP is just being a typical woman, self centred and selfish, I’m sure if the guy earns way higher, she would rather see that as a Blessing rather than this complaining.
She's not if d man wants to plan ahead, he should open his own, cos if she around him with his terms, he will control the business not letting her do wat she's good at, and it will cause a vry big problem in the business and marriage.
Are u into business
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Nellsworld(m): 10:40pm On Jun 23, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

what do you mean? do you believe that the minute they get married, she should allow her husband to dictate how she should run her own business?! she succeessfuly ran a biz before she met the dude, and she certainly doesnt need her future husband to now jump on the bandwagon and use that same biz as leverage for him to quit his job. the whole issue is fishy to begin with...

imagine if the future husband had a successful biz and suddenly future wifey says:" i am gonna quit my job and now will be going to your biz and make it our biz and i will take decisions about this biz with you?!
business go spoil na, even igbo guys that allow their wives run the businesses with them, always put their wives in finance and marketing, but decision making na them the men dey make am, their wives go just chip in advices on her to do this or that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Requirements In Opening A Corporate Bank Account In Nigeria / Sadiq Jambo: "Arthur Eze puts Me Through Oil Business As My Surrogate Father" / What Can He Do With His 350k Contribution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.