Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account (32656 Views)

Dangote, Widow At Loggerhead Over 37 Acres Of Land At Ajah / Is Joint Account Good? / 21 Years Old Boy Sacked His Boss And Wedded His Boss Fiance Within 3 Momths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Fearyourcreator: 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
kapelvej:
Depends on your motive. Are you just being greedy ?. Ask your self, if this guy was earning over 2million naira or he has a multi million naira business, will you refuse his merger proposals ? Your answer should determine the solution to this problem. Okay
Smiles...
This your angle tight ooo
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by NigerianAngelo(m): 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:
My people please I need your advice.

I'm having a lil loggerhead with my Fiance.

My fiance works in a company, which doesn't give him time to come home or live in his rented apartment for long.
I currently run a confectionery shop in my father's house.

My Fiance however wants to have a joint account with me when we get married soon in this my confectionery business. According to him, he'll support me, to help him get free in the future to stop his salary work and probably start another business without affecting the family.

But I don't want to have any joint account or partner with anyone in this my confectionery business. I want my business without any check or partner.
He's insisting on joint account to run the business and its getting into our relationship.

Please what do you advice?

Tell him No even if it costs the relationship. If he's 100% ok, it won't be a problem. Fast and pray for nine 9 days. You are preparing for marriage. Such things are always necessary. (6-12 could do. Pray for God's direction for you both).
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Fearyourcreator: 3:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
MadarasBlade:

Men are eternally stupid, i don't know why they can't see through women.

Ever i kept love far from my eyes, i have been able to make rational decisions no matter how "wicked".
Even my mama shenk me sef....
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Grandkay21(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
He is afraid of tommorow and so are you too, my suggestion is that you guys open a separate joint account that has nothing to do with the business, then agree on who much each of you pays into the account on monthly basis, at the end he can start up something without interfering in your own business, he owing a stake in your business might be dangerous in future ,e get why
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Martinez39s(m): 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
MadarasBlade:
Men are eternally stupid, i don't know why they can't see through women.

Ever i kept love far from my eyes, i have been able to make rational decisions no matter how "wicked".
That's the way, bro. Always remove love and pity from the equation and put your best interests first.

Men are really stupid.

3 Likes

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by emsco(m): 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2022
Dump him and let's get married

1 Like

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Oturatetuala(m): 4:01pm On Jun 20, 2022
Joint account? Who does that
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by deebrownneymar: 4:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

My fiance works in a company, which doesn't give him time to come home or live in his rented apartment for long.

My Fiance however wants to have a joint account with me when we get married soon in this my confectionery business. According to him, he'll support me, to help him get free in the future to stop his salary work and probably start another business without affecting the family.

But I don't want to have any joint account or partner with anyone in this my confectionery business. I want my business without any check or partner.
He's insisting on joint account to run the business and its getting into our relationship.

Don’t agree at all. If your relationship packs off..packs off. If you give in you’ll regret it. He’ll take over the business and send you back home to be a house wife while sleeping around with prostitutes from the proceeds of the business you started. It is what it is. Men can be very selfish.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:07pm On Jun 20, 2022
Martinez39s:
If you are earning millions, they want a joint account.
If they are earning millions, they don't want to have a joint account with you.

If you are earning millions, they don't want a prenup.
If they are earning millions, they want a prenup.

Lesson: when it benefits them, they keep it strictly business. When it doesn't, they want you to do it for love. They know what they are doing.

That is why men needs to be smart. I don't do joint ownership of assets
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Olumaeme: 4:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
Please do not accept joint account.

But if he was the one that funded your business, you have to look for a way to pay him back sha o
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Glowqueen3(f): 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
My Sister better tell him your mind that you don't want a joint account,don't let somebody Son use your money anyhow ooo,Some Men may not be prudent in their spendings and it might backfire on your finances.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by tete7000(m): 4:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
IamMobisola:

So she should use use up her own money from her business to setup a business for the guy? Really?
What then happens to her business? Fold up?
All because of Love? LMAO
Check her profile, then you will understand my comment.

1 Like

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by drnoel: 4:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

You must not have joint account with your spouse. You may not like how the other person spends and what the said person buys. So in the sake of peace to avoid side comments and being angry over nothing. Best no joint account for now till you are ok with the idea.
But when you see that the issue is causing troubles. Then you can agree to own a joint account with him but for other things not for your business. That one is a backbreaker. Some relationships don't recover from it
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

My Fiance however wants to have a joint account with me when we get married soon in this my confectionery business. According to him, he'll support me, to help him get free in the future to stop his salary work and probably start another business without affecting the family. .

He is not your husband yet,so there's absolutely no reason to have a joint account with him. Use your head. Just serve the controlling motherfucker bf.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by stephenponti(m): 4:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

no try am
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by litaninja(m): 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
This story is NOT complete.

Adeleketoyin:

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by litaninja(m): 4:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
LOL. Business running out of her father's house lucrative? How na? How's a business that can't pay for it's own premises lucrative??

OvaSabi1:
He has seen that the business is lucrative and he believes that it will grow better if he is the person who makes the rules. This can go either of 2 ways. Well or terrible.
Tell him that if he wants that to happen, you will want to be paid a certain amount of salary or share of profit every month. Then, he will have his account. You will have your own account too. Then, you guys can now have a joint account.
Remember that you may need the services of a lawyer to decide things like if you need to file new agreements to change the form of the business. It will be changed from a sole proprietorship to a partnership business. Ensure that your name appears on anything that is formed and filed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by cavreek: 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2022
U should be able to differentiate between ur personal account and business account as that will help u to know ur profit and loss
Do not try a joint account unless with ur personal account
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by litaninja(m): 4:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
Only problem is that, what you typed and what she typed are totally different. So she either provides full and true details or you stop assuming and adding to it.
Thanos5555:

the mentality of the OP is terribly poor.
people who are conmenting havent really understood her write up.

in summary the husband wants to invest so much into her business, so that he can resign his work, and then use that time to set up, his own business and use proceeds from her business to keep a source of income in the family., while he develops his business.

so her she thinks, he can invest into her business, but without expecting that she will use it in the future to take care of the house, during emergencies.

meaning when they get married she will in no way contribute to the family, but only provide vagina every night.

people are very wicked
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Powersurge: 4:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

This your story is one-sided and incomplete. I feel there are things you are holding back. You look too clean in this story.

Notwithstanding, if this your story is as clean as you claimed, which I strongly doubt, all you need do is convince him the benefit of any business having independent account. Let him know that you planned to register the business as LLC and by law, such firm must have a separate account different from the shareholders/owners.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Advancedman(m): 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

Business and joint account are two different stuff.
The question should be if he wants to be a joint venture with you which is fine then do your research and get business lawyer to draft the partnership terms.
Moreover he is not your husband but fiance so there is no legal bidding yet, even if you were married your business is solely yours while family joint account is different, then you should have the following accounts as couple.....
Joint account
Saving account
Personal account
Family trust or retirement account.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by eyinjuege: 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
You really should have a completely separate account for your business.
And you as the CEO should be the sole signatory.
I assume you also have your personal account where you pay yourself a salary from your business
You can have an account where you both put certain amounts monthly from your salaries as a family savings account
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by RPG2020(m): 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
My brother is going in to hell fire but he don't know

The lord is your strength brother
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by upper(m): 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
IamMobisola:

Did you even read her post well? Her fiancee wants her to use her own money from her business account to help him setup a business for him so he can quit his job. Lol, is that even sensible at all?

And IF they break up today, who owns the businesses and the house they are building? Let me guess, the man will throw the woman out. LOL

You obviously have comprehension problem
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by alizma: 4:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

Any joint account should be personal account not on your business account.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Juoflife1(f): 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2022
Chewing gum fiance abi finance spotted. Girl be careful.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2022
Shebi Na wetin you tell am say you dey earn him go believe....Abi Na him go be the accountant?

Open the joint account, and be dropping a particular amount... Then, leave the rest in your account for your other needs

Case closed

Una never even marry, una don dey get issues upndown
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by Imjustagirl(f): 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2022
Adeleketoyin:

For no reason should you agree. Why should he insist? Red flag right there. Joint account is by agreement not by force.

Or is he planning to leave his job later on, then have full access to your money via joint account later? Think about it.

I'm not against giving your spouse money. But it should be willingly and transparent.

Not by force, by coercion or by manipulation.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by zedegit: 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2022
Connected1:
If you can't trust him with your money, then the relationship is not worth it.

End it now because una marriage nor go get head.

There's a young lady in the street next to mine, she runs a phone charging and pos business with her Fiance, the guy works in the market as a real hustler, I hope you understand, nor be white collar job, they are currently building their own house.

It's all about love and trust, sacrifices must be paid, if you don't agree now, you may regret it or enjoy it later, it's all about trust, if he's a trustworthy person, then I don't see a problem there.

That's how love Scammers operate.
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by upper(m): 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
After reading this your incoherent write up, I thanked God for the kind of wife he gave me.

Having read your post severally, I can conclude that you're small business startup operating out of your father's house. You have a struggling fiancé who is a salary earner. Thinking about future together, your fiancé suggested that immediately after your marriage, a joint account should be opened where both of will contribute unstated amount and after a period, you can take out that money and invest in your busines to take it to another level. If the business does well, then he can comfortably resign and join the business or Start up his own. This is a good idea in all ramifications.
However you are the one that knows your fiancé and I guess you don't trust him enough to form partnership with him.

So do what you want but be ready for the consequences
Adeleketoyin:

Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by franksam2009: 5:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
Personally I don't think this is a good idea, things like this will only breed problems in the future,,,...

Explain to him why u ain't okay with it and stand by your word
Re: A Loggerhead With My Fiance Over Joint Account by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
Did he give you the funds to start it

Even if he did, setting up a joint account with you is recipe for disaster especially at the start of the marriage.

A joint account is a wrong term to describe what he wants you to do.

He wants to run the business with you , be a partner In your confectionery business.

What skills is he bringing to the business?

If not skills, what amount of capital is he going to put into the business

Does he have a proven track record of running any business in the time past?

Both of you running a business now won't be right because both partners must not be entrepreneurs in this Nigeria we are in

Get a lawyer to help you out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gas Plant Explodes, On Fire In Baruwa, Lagos (Video) / Requirements In Opening A Corporate Bank Account In Nigeria / Sadiq Jambo: "Arthur Eze puts Me Through Oil Business As My Surrogate Father"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.