Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,641 members, 7,851,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:13 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1539401 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (4777) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 11:59am On Jun 30, 2022
Soo much guess work being done. cheesy cheesy

I've told people before that the vast majority of nigerians were apathetic to voting. You cannot use the numbers of previous elections where ; 1, those numbers were largely manipulated and are 30% incorrect and 2, the vast population were just uninterested in the voting process.

The mad rush for PVC is telling a different story. A whole lot of fresh voters are being activated and we all know the source of that enthusiasm.
Tinubu announced his candidacy as far back as January, we didn't see this mad rush for PVC.
The Obi-dient movement has swept across the nation with youths ready to take back their stolen mandates.

2. The election in ekiti showed that there was no increase in optimism despite the emergence of Tinubu. The voting numbers were actually reduced from the past elections, you would think that with the way tinubu campaigned there, it would produce a better turnout than the previous elections but a key SW state wasn't really moved.

.3. we see soo many defections from APC to PDP in the north. The NW and NE regions are not as strong for APC as thought. PDP and APC are on course for the largest shares but kwankwaso has a strong support there and the christian minority and southern minority tribes there would give Obi a sizable slice of those votes.

Study this map below of the last election and see how much things changed from just 5 years earlier.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:05pm On Jun 30, 2022
Elder0001

What's happening in the camp of PDP?
Wike Fayose and Ortom dey Para.
If you lose one of them to APC that will be fatal

Where is Atiku? Back in Dubai?

https://www.nairaland.com/7203774/ortom-atiku-denied-wike-popular
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 1:08pm On Jun 30, 2022
You cannot listen to Peter Obi for 5 minutes and not fall in love with the man. If there is one thing the man knows, it's consistency in messaging.

Nigerians would miss a very huge opportunity if they do not go and thumbprint for labor party come February.

It's unfortunate that some parts of our Yoruba brethren are not looking beyond tribalism. It's unfortunate that some of our Yoruba brethren believe that politics is tribal and you have to vote within your tribe. Please my dear brothers, that's an archaic way of thinking.

Tinubu is old and sick! This man is constantly on pharmaceuticals! We cannot afford another old and sick president. From yaradua to Buhari to Tinubu, say Dem swear for us??

Please vote right! Vote Peter Obi. Let us make a statement through Peter Obi. Let us usher in a new era of doing things in Nigerian politics.

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2022
Yorubas are usually the most sophisticated voters.
I trust the vast majority of them to look beyond tribal sentiment and choose the most competent, the most educated, the most physically fit and the most intellectual candidate in this coming election.

Peter Obi is a goal.

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 30, 2022
raumdeuter:
Elder0001

What's happening in the camp of PDP?
Wike Fayose and Ortom dey Para.
If you lose one of them to APC that will be fatal

Where is Atiku? Back in Dubai?

https://www.nairaland.com/7203774/ortom-atiku-denied-wike-popular

Fatal? Maybe with Wike.

Ortom and Fayose are ekukes.
Fayose is now politically irrelevant. A cat mistaking himself for a lion, that's what he is.. His candidates have been losing back to back since he left power.
Atiku and PDP should try and put the house in order sha. A United front is better than a divided front.

I believe Atiku is too laid back. Infact, the party itself has been too laid back since GEJ lost power. In pdp, it seems like everything was built around GEJ, so immediately the man/party left power everything came crashing. If you ask me, I'd say Pdp is yet to recover from the 2015 lost.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:26pm On Jun 30, 2022
Elder0001:

Fatal? Maybe with Wike.

Ortom and Fayose are ekukes.
Fayose is now politically irrelevant. A cat mistaking himself for a lion, that's what he is.. His candidates have been losing back to back since he left power.
Atiku and PDP should try and put the house in order sha. A United front is better than a divided front.

I believe Atiku is too laid back. Infact, the party itself has been too laid back since GEJ lost power. In pdp, it seems like everything was built around GEJ, so immediately the man/party left power everything came crashing. If you ask me, I'd say Pdp is yet to recover from the 2015 lost.

After the 2015 loss everyone disappeared. Only Wike and Fayose were sustaining the party
It's obvious that the PDP social media arm has moved to Obi.
Atiku the flagbearer is not on ground, he wasn't in Ekiti and we are not sure he will be in Osun in the next 2 weeks

Benue is one of the states PDP should be winning but if you lose the governor you are likely losing the state and that na minus 1
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 30, 2022
raumdeuter:

After the 2015 loss everyone disappeared. Only Wike and Fayose were sustaining the party
It's obvious that the PDP social media arm has moved to Obi.
Atiku the flagbearer is not on ground, he wasn't in Ekiti and we are not sure he will be in Osun in the next 2 weeks

Benue is one of the states PDP should be winning but if you lose the governor you are likely losing the state and that na minus 1

Atiku wasn't in ekiti... He'll likely not be in osun either.
Man is too laid back, he isn't acting like the presidential candidate of PDP at all. He wasn't this redundant in 2018 when he won the primaries though, I wonder what's up with him this time.

Atiku seems like someone that cares only about himself. If he becomes president he'll start acting like buhari, I mean he won't come to the party's aid in troublesome times, he'll leave them to solve their issues by themselves.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:41pm On Jun 30, 2022
Elder0001:

Atiku wasn't in ekiti... He'll likely not be in osun either.
Man is too laid back, he isn't acting like the presidential candidate of PDP at all. He wasn't this redundant in 2018 when he won the primaries though, I wonder what's up with him this time.

Atiku seems like someone that cares only about himself. If he becomes president he'll start acting like buhari, I mean he won't come to the party's aid in troublesome times, he'll leave them to solve their issues by themselves.

I agree with you and many PDP governors are feeling the same way too

Obaseki is talking about Labor Party, Ortom Fayose are speaking out, Wike Ikpeazu and Makinde are lukewarm
Of all the southern PDP governors only Okowa is happy.

They will be thinking that are they going to be on their own after Atiku wins or loses

Maybe he has confidence in PDP structure but with the inroads Obi is making into Atikus turf he needs to be more active
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 30, 2022
raumdeuter:

I agree with you and many PDP governors are feeling the same way too

Obaseki is talking about Labor Party, Ortom Fayose are speaking out, Wike Ikpeazu and Makinde are lukewarm
Of all the southern PDP governors only Okowa is happy.

They will be thinking that are they going to be on their own after Atiku wins or loses

Maybe he has confidence in PDP structure but with the inroads Obi is making into Atikus turf he needs to be more active

Anyhow sha.. But I believe they(pdp governors) will benefit more from an Atiku presidency than a Tinubu presidency. They should chill.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2022
Oasis007:
grin

Atiku is no longer rated online.... LMFAO!
Twitter Warriors that used to cook for him are with PO now.

I like that you're beginning to like the polls.
I hope you won't start castigating them when Obi's name is involved?

When it comes to the vote of the educated! Obi will win this demography by 90%.
When it comes to fresh voters and unaligned voters, Obi will win this group by 95%.

Come to the right side. Vote right!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2022
donjazet:

I like that you're beginning to like the polls.
I hope you won't start castigating them when Obi's name is involved?

When it comes to the vote of the educated! Obi will win this demography by 90%.
When it comes to fresh voters and unaligned voters, Obi will win this group by 95%.

Come to the right side. Vote right!!

I hope you are encouraging people to go and capture.

Registering online amounts to nothing without capturing.

I'm hearing collection of cards begins in September
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2022
izzou:

I hope you are encouraging people to go and capture.

Registering online amounts to nothing without capturing.

I'm hearing collection of cards begins in September

Anybody who registered online, surely knows he has to go there for physical capturing.
I'm just so angry that INEC is not doing enough to capture these new enthusiastic voters. They are systematically disenfranchising them.
In many centers only one machine is brought out to capture more than a thousand people per day and they end up registering not up to 100.at this pace the max they could register even if they expanded the deadline is 200 thousand. It's a frustrating situation.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2022
donjazet:

Anybody who registered online, surely knows he has to go there for physical capturing.
I'm just so angry that INEC is not doing enough to capture these new enthusiastic voters. They are systematically disenfranchising them.
In many centers only one machine is brought out to capture more than a thousand people per day and they end up registering not up to 100.at this pace the max they could register even if they expanded the deadline is 200 thousand. It's a frustrating situation.

If they really want to salvage this country, this is a sacrifice they must offer.

I spent a whole day to do mine, paid a bribe of 1,000 coupled with violence that erupted with thugs. I still did mine.

Every hand should be on deck to send APC to retirement at the Presidency level

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 2:54pm On Jun 30, 2022
izzou:

If they really want to salvage this country, this is a sacrifice they must offer.

I spent a whole day to do mine, paid a bribe of 1,000 coupled with violence that erupted with thugs. I still did mine

You need to see me smile when I was reading this. I don't know why I'm just soo happy seeing people wake up politically for the very first time.

You know I don't believe in the existence of "God" but I hope he blesses your efforts.

May our labor never be in vain.
How about your immediate family, are they also motivated to vote?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:56pm On Jun 30, 2022
donjazet:

You need to see me smile when I was reading this. I don't know why I'm just soo happy seeing people wake up politically for the very first time.

You know I don't believe in the existence of "God" but I hope he blesses your efforts.

May our labor never be in vain.
How about your immediate family, are they also motivated to vote?

Mum is voting. My sis hasn't captured yet.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 2:58pm On Jun 30, 2022
izzou:

Mum is voting. My sis hasn't captured yet.

But is the noise around you for Obi? I remember you once saying you were in Lagos, based on Uber stuff. How is the noise there right now?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:06pm On Jun 30, 2022
donjazet:

But is the noise around you for Obi? I remember you once saying you were in Lagos, based on Uber stuff. How is the noise there right now?

Obi has noise in places dominated by people people from the SE/SS.

In local governments like Ojo and Amuwo Odofin,
Obi is the mandate because they are mostly dominated by these people. I can't say for others

Some educated class irrespective of tribe believe we need a change too.

Then we still have the religious ones who are getting aggrieved that it's a Muslim ticket for VP.

But then, we all know the illiterates and those who would collect 500 naira for their votes are in the majority

For me, it's too early to forecast anything. I still think he Obi may not win for now. Let's keep watching sha.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 3:24pm On Jun 30, 2022
izzou:

Obi is the mandate because they are mostly dominated by these people. I can't say for others

Then we still have the religious ones who are getting aggrieved that it's a Muslim ticket for VP.

But then, we all know the illiterates and those who would collect 500 naira for their votes are in the majority

For me, it's too early to forecast anything. I still think he Obi may not win for now. Let's keep watching sha.

Many Obi supporters know that they are the underdogs that is why they are pulling all the stops to ensure that everyone around them is on the train.
I can tell you that I have made innumerable people close to me get their PVCs. My entire extended family on our general family Whatsapp group have all done their registration! And I mean all of them and we're 97 people on that group. We decided on this 2 months ago and today, every single person has complied.

I'm sure there are many families like mine out there too.
The Peter Obi fever is spreading rapidly.

We acn only wait, watch and see how it all turns out.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2022
donjazet:

Many Obi supporters know that they are the underdogs that is why they are pulling all the stops to ensure that everyone around them is on the train.
I can tell you that I have made innumerable people close to me get their PVCs. My entire extended family on our general family Whatsapp group have all done their registration! And I mean all of them and we're 97 people on that group. We decided on this 2 months ago and today, every single person has complied.

I'm sure there are many families like mine out there too.
The Peter Obi fever is spreading rapidly.

We acn only wait, watch and see how it all turns out.

My headache is just the Presidency level.

We have not had it this bad in the country, yet people are still clamouring for the same party that dumped us here.

I would vote Sanwo-Olu in the governorship election because he did perform and there's no match for him (I don't know anything about Jandor)

But for Presidency, I wish Nigerians would collectively send this party out the same way we did to PDP

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 30, 2022
izzou:

SS/SE? Abi SE folks only
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 30, 2022
izzou:

Fact.
Apc? Never again.
Only PDP can redeem this country.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:43pm On Jun 30, 2022
Elder0001:

SS/SE? Abi SE folks only

SS.

There are those who are aggrieved that power must return to the South. They believe Wike was the man, and he was robbed.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2022
Elder0001:

Fact.
Apc? Never again.
Only PDP can redeem this country.

Whatever, my brother.

If na your party win sef, I go rejoice
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 4:02pm On Jun 30, 2022
I've always said that the Yorubas are the most sophisticated voters!
This man in this tweet below was the campaign coordinator for Buhari Osibanjo and he is publicly declaring for Peter Obi on the basis of fairness and equity.

Millions more are like him. Something is brewing.

https://twitter.com/UchePOkoye/status/1542401061520039936?t=taOS2LG_A9QUae__3FMdNw&s=19
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 6:13pm On Jun 30, 2022
I laugh when people say tinubu built Lagos, if anything, he destroyed it!!
Lagos cannot be compared to any other big city around the world despite it's potential.

Poor electricity
Poor public transportation
Poor health facilities
Poor education: except very few rich private schools but with outdated teaching curriculums. Poor universities.
Even a gross mismanagement of public funds!

The only pass mark was his ability to increase tax revenue but even at that, he failed at it's effective utilization and keeps legally stealing a large portion of it.

Lagos state is supposed to be soo much better than it is. Do you know what it means to be both the economic hub and administrative hub of the richest country in Africa?

America has newyork and Washington separate, south Africa has Cape town and Johannesburg separate. Nigeria had the 2 centers, both financial and political HQ in one place and that place can still not be developed properly.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 6:17pm On Jun 30, 2022
donjazet:
You cannot listen to Peter Obi for 5 minutes and not fall in love with the man. If there is one thing the man knows, it's consistency in messaging.

Nigerians would miss a very huge opportunity if they do not go and thumbprint for labor party come February.

It's unfortunate that some parts of our Yoruba brethren are not looking beyond tribalism. It's unfortunate that some of our Yoruba brethren believe that politics is tribal and you have to vote within your tribe. Please my dear brothers, that's an archaic way of thinking.

Tinubu is old and sick! This man is constantly on pharmaceuticals! We cannot afford another old and sick president. From yaradua to Buhari to Tinubu, say Dem swear for us??

Please vote right! Vote Peter Obi. Let us make a statement through Peter Obi. Let us usher in a new era of doing things in Nigerian politics.

I have and all I see is a man who is sanctimonious, cunning, and a liar.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 6:17pm On Jun 30, 2022
Lagos pre 1999.

Imagine having the deepest seaport in Africa, the biggest international airport in Africa for a very long time.
More than 100 countries building their embassies in one place.
Many international bodies building their regional headquarters in one place.

Many multinational corporations situating their corporate headquarters in one place.

All these before 1999.

And someone comes here and says Tinubu built Lagos. That's the highest fallacy and blunder one could commit.

TINUBU DIDN'T MAKE LAGOS!
LAGOS MADE TINUBU!

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 6:19pm On Jun 30, 2022
Itsrm:

That's what happens when you close your mind to any new information. You choose not to absorb better information and harden your opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 6:24pm On Jun 30, 2022
donjazet:

That's what happens when you close your mind to any new information. You choose not to absorb better information and harden your opinion.

You would have seen it too and you will later. I understand why you're not seeing it now

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2022
Itsrm:

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:17pm On Jun 30, 2022
For those in Lagos pre 1999. This was what Oshodi used to look like

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:18pm On Jun 30, 2022
With an average of 10K immigrant into Lagos on a daily basis, Its a miracle and a testament to be superb administration that has kept it going till now

If other states were doing their part Lagos would be much better than t is currently

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (4777) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick, izzou(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.