Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,474 members, 7,850,635 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:30 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1538058 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (4776) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:22pm On Jun 30, 2022
donjazet:
Lagos pre 1999.

Imagine having the deepest seaport in Africa, the biggest international airport in Africa for a very long time.
More than 100 countries building their embassies in one place.
Many international bodies building their regional headquarters in one place.

Many multinational corporations situating their corporate headquarters in one place.

All these before 1999.

And someone comes here and says Tinubu built Lagos. That's the highest fallacy and blunder one could commit.

TINUBU DIDN'T MAKE LAGOS!
LAGOS MADE TINUBU!

He made Lagos or not is even the issue. I have no issues with him as a person

The party has failed. Its as simple as I typed it.

Before it was just the North. We dismissed it as Bokoharam
It came to the East. We said its IPOB and probably Igbos and their gra gra.
Today, we are witnesses of how over 40 people were killed in Ondo state.

Till now, no reasonable arrests, no prosecution, and sadly, no justice

It could be me in a church tomorrow. It could be your sister in the market. It could be anybody.

APC don try. Make we rest small

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Jodera: 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2022
Oasis007:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

My Bruh.... Politics no be war. I am supporting Tinubu 100%, but it doesn't mean Obi or Atiku is my Enemy.

We all want same for Naija, Progress! Obidients see Obi as the right man for the Job; Atikulates believe Atiku is the one with magic wand to turn Nigeria to UAE; Kwankwasiyas wanna turn everywhere red; Batifieds believe its the Turn of a competent Leader with excellent track records to lead.... all in all, better Nigeria is all we're seeking!
Na so ooo boss...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2022
donjazet:
Lagos pre 1999.

Imagine having the deepest seaport in Africa, the biggest international airport in Africa for a very long time.
More than 100 countries building their embassies in one place.
Many international bodies building their regional headquarters in one place.

Many multinational corporations situating their corporate headquarters in one place.

All these before 1999.

And someone comes here and says Tinubu built Lagos. That's the highest fallacy and blunder one could commit.

TINUBU DIDN'T MAKE LAGOS!
LAGOS MADE TINUBU!

The problem with your argument is in the decayed empires all around us.

No matter how great a place is, if it has lousy leaders it will fall into disrepair

Happened with Rome for instance.

I can remember vi in the early 2000s.all the roads in vi were shit. Every single one. Bar beach was flooding every weekend and everyone had accepted this as a fact of life. People had to be at cms by 5am if they wanted avoid traffic snarls.

Today roads within vi are paved. It is a pleasure driving along ozumba mbadiwe. Same with Muritala mohd. My aunt can count the number of floods in her house on one hand. Whereas in the past every weekend, her home in vi would be flooded. I have a long enough memory to remember dreading some roads because those roads that should have been 10 minutes were 2 hours.

No empire of any kind is self sustaining without good leadership. All this lagos has always been great is just talk.

Lagos is full of different agencies that in one way or another improve the quality of life. Yes we hate lastma, but lastma actually makes traffic move. You can and people have called lasepa out on neighbours making a public noise nuisance.

Multinationals had headquarters in pH as well. Why did they leave? PH is an oil rich garden city. How many people will remina there with the constant soot? By your talk, all that it takes for a nation, or state or city to progress is to just have money and resources. Which is empirically wrong.

You want to make arguments against Tinubu make better ones please

9 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2022
raumdeuter:
For those in Lagos pre 1999. This was what Oshodi used to look like

Byebye molue.

There is even a plan to phase out danfo, but it is taking longer and longer.

Some of the buses for the scheme were burnt during the end sars riots
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2022
All this waste of time over something that has an obvious winner

At least obvious to me and any other neutral person who isnt dogmatic with delusions. Especially with a candidate whose economic policies and spouts are incredibly underwhelming

All you have to do is take a look at the numbers and the skew. A like for like comparison should be made with the 2015 elections not 2019 (for obvious reasons), Then u'll see what every rational person sees.

A fresh election (first term) is always gonna be about the personality, tribe and momentum of the aspirants and less about the party. Mentioning 2019 is you trying to fit it into your cage and project the answer you want
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CAPdan21(m): 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2022
APC government has failed...Dem don try, how do u even rationalize giving this shitshow another 4 years...Spits

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 10:15pm On Jun 30, 2022
GloriousGbola:
Byebye molue.

There is even a plan to phase out danfo, but it is taking longer and longer.

Some of the buses for the scheme were burnt during the end sars riots

Some of the newcomers in Lagos and young ones didn't even know what life was with Molue and how Oshodi was like. when you are going to oshodi from Agege, your bus will already be in a standstill hold up just after Ikeja along before Bolade and you have to respectfully get down and trek the rest because of giant potholes

If all it takes is for a good environment is resources then PH, AkwaIbom, Bayelsa etc will be paradise now. But Lagos has been turned around into a city where everyone from all these wonderful states flee to if they want to make a living

All these companies need a safe environment to thrive, If the administrators of Lagos didnt give an enabling environment, will the companies stay?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:17pm On Jun 30, 2022
elder0001

what do you think is going on here

https://www.nairaland.com/7204947/ortom-ill-resort-fasting-prayers

See Ortom dey wan change mind
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 30, 2022
raumdeuter:
elder0001

I dey come...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 30, 2022
raumdeuter:
elder0001

They'll all change their minds after Atiku and other elders of the party reassure them.
All these wailings wey Ortom and Co dey do for media na because Atiku never send their papa.

Once he reassures them and also grease their palms, everything will be settled.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:03am On Jul 01, 2022
LOL
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 01, 2022
larride:
LOL

Say something
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:49am On Jul 01, 2022
Sanwo-Olu increases BRT fares by 100 naira.

Long overdue. I was even expecting it could be more sef
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 10:15am On Jul 01, 2022
In a dilemma now. Want to get my PVC but won't be In the country to vote. Worried if I get a PVC without voting, I may aid in rigging in an undesirable.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:41am On Jul 01, 2022
DeadPresidents:
In a dilemma now. Want to get my PVC but won't be In the country to vote. Worried if I get a PVC without voting, I may aid in rigging in an undesirable.

You can leave it then.

Just put us in your prayers grin

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 11:08am On Jul 01, 2022
DeadPresidents:

Please do! It's better to have it than not to.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 11:09am On Jul 01, 2022
Please fellow Nigerians, don't make this mistake, I beg of you!

Let us not repeat what we did 7 years ago.

Let's chart a new path. To hell with the establishment.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:24am On Jul 01, 2022
donjazet:
Please fellow Nigerians, don't make this mistake, I beg of you!

Let us not repeat what we did 7 years ago.

Let's chart a new path. To hell with the establishment.

David is blowing hot this morning grin

Sadly, the same mistake might be made. Nigerians never learn

Joezinho is leaving us soon, and probably DeadPresidents, but no, let's give APC the chance to present Einstein once more

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 01, 2022
izzou:
Sanwo-Olu increases BRT fares by 100 naira.

Long overdue. I was even expecting it could be more sef

Your reasons?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:43am On Jul 01, 2022
Elder0001:

Your reasons?

I used the BRT around September from Ikorodu to TBS. I paid 500 naira

In September 2021,
Diesel was around 280 or so
Dollar exchange rate would be around 520 too

As at June 2022, they were still collecting 500 naira
Diesel is 820 naira today
Dollar is about 620

I don't even think that scheme makes any money sef, with the way they run their business. Maybe na just camouflage to siphon funds.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 11:53am On Jul 01, 2022
Elder0001:

Say something

There's nothing to say.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 11:54am On Jul 01, 2022
izzou:

In September 2021,

Dollar is about 620

I don't even think that scheme makes any money sef, with the way they run their business. Maybe na just camouflage to siphon funds.

Any reasonable govt will not just hike prices the way they want, with the way inflation is biting the country, it will be insensitive to just increase the fare without reason.

Even the 100 naira that was added now, you will still see alot of people spewing rubbish against him.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2022
izzou:

David is blowing hot this morning grin

Sadly, the same mistake might be made. Nigerians never learn

Joezinho is leaving us soon, and probably DeadPresidents, but no, let's give APC the chance to present Einstein once more

God knows I really did my best to not reply that joezinho guy when he announced he was about to japa. Because I for open him yansh.
All these while, you were planning to leave Nigeria but you dedicated your last days here becoming a bitter tribal warlord on the internet, stoking division and the flames of tribal unrest.

Wishing your fellow Nigerians to have another bad leadership while you escape the hell you are wishing on them. Is that not wickedness??

It's just like the other tribal baboon here that has spent years and years insulting a whole other tribe and it's people, while enjoying fresh air outside the country. Some people are just naturally wicked.

It has to be said that David is a blessing to Peter Obi's campaign. He has been injecting soo much energy into the campaign, let him keep pressing those necks. grin grin

Politics is deeply personal,I keep telling people this. This is not football. That I'm buying diesel that used to buy for 300 naira a litter 1000 naira today is no laughing matter.

That I'm spending 78k today on the exact same things I used to spend 45k is no laughing matter. The price of every single thing in Nigeria has more than doubled. One's earning capacity is not matching the increasing outflow of expense. Education, poor. Security, poor, infrastructure, poor, healthcare, poor. What exactly is working in this country?

Bro, I'm tired! And people are still talking about maintaining the status quo. People want fashola to remain power minister for 16 years.
For Ngige to remain labor minister for 16 years.
For aregbasola to remain interior minister for 16 years.

For the present cabinet to be more or less the same. I curse them all!

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2022
larride:

Any reasonable govt will not just hike prices the way they want, with the way inflation is biting the country, it will be insensitive to just increase the fare without reason.

Even the 100 naira that was added now, you will still see alot of people spewing rubbish against him.

Bros, even before now, that price is too cheap compared to the service offered.

You have a secluded lane devoid of traffic
The bus is air-conditioned
Ease of payment
Adheres to standard sitting arrangements

Then you travel a distance of about 18km (Ikorodu to TBS) for 500 naira? Less than a dollar?

No wonder some don't have air conditions anymore. The amount it would take to replace the compressor of that Scania bus would eat up what that bus made in one month sef.

Let's not talk about Maintaining the bus stations like Ikeja and Oshodi, servicing and repairs, paying staff, Maintaining servers....Lol

For me, that service shouldn't come cheap.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2022
donjazet:

God knows I really did my best to not reply that joezinho guy when he announced he was about to japa. Because I for open him yansh.
All these while, you were planning to leave Nigeria but you dedicated your last days here becoming a bitter tribal warlord on the internet, stoking division and the flames of tribal unrest.

Wishing your fellow Nigerians to have another bad leadership while you escape the hell you are wishing on them. Is that not wickedness??

It's just like the other tribal baboon here that has spent years and years insulting a whole other tribe and it's people, while enjoying fresh air outside the country. Some people are just naturally wicked.

It has to be said that David is a blessing to Peter Obi's campaign. He has been injecting soo much energy into the campaign, let him keep pressing those necks. grin grin

Politics is deeply personal,I keep telling people this. This is not football. That I'm buying diesel that used to buy for 300 naira a litter 1000 naira today is no laughing matter.

That I'm spending 78k today on the exact same things I used to spend 45k is no laughing matter. The price of every single thing in Nigeria has more than doubled. One's earning capacity is not matching the increasing outflow of expense. Education, poor. Security, poor, infrastructure, poor, healthcare, poor. What exactly is working in this country?

Bro, I'm tired! And people are still talking about maintaining the status quo. People want fashola to remain power minister for 16 years.
For Ngige to remain labor minister for 16 years.
For aregbasola to remain interior minister for 16 years.

For the present cabinet to be more or less the same. I curse them all!
are you talking about dayo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:29pm On Jul 01, 2022
Donjazet

That's why I don't believe Tinubu would change anything, even if it's little. The same systems that has hindered growth would be maintained.
It can only be changed by a new system.

Tinubu is not bad, but Lagos is not Nigeria.

In Lagos, he could plan every ministry and position by himself. He could pick the best men all by himself. He didn't owe any group any favours or though of appeasing any aggrieved sect. He worked and earned all loyalty.

Nigeria is not like that, and besides, systems and people brought him there. The Tinubu I know
would have had his VP planned out, even to his ministers. But as at now, he hasn't even come up with a choice because of appeasings here and there.

Tinubu is a Muslim and he never considered Muslim Muslim ticket in Lagos, but somehow, he wants to convince us that it doesn't matter in the Federal level.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 12:57pm On Jul 01, 2022
izzou:
Donjazet

That's why I don't believe Tinubu would change anything, even if it's little. The same systems that has hindered growth would be maintained.
It can only be changed by a new system.

Tinubu is not bad, but Lagos is not Nigeria.

In Lagos, he could plan every ministry and position by himself. He could pick the best men all by himself. He didn't owe any group any favours or though of appeasing any aggrieved sect. He worked and earned all loyalty.

Nigeria is not like that, and besides, systems and people brought him there. The Tinubu I know
would have had his VP planned out, even to his ministers. But as at now, he hasn't even come up with a choice because of appeasings here and there.

Tinubu is a Muslim and he never considered Muslim Muslim ticket in Lagos, but somehow, he wants to convince us that it doesn't matter in the Federal level.

This post below sums it up nicely.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:57pm On Jul 01, 2022
izzou:

Bros, even before now, that price is too cheap compared to the service offered.

You have a secluded lane devoid of traffic
The bus is air-conditioned
Ease of payment
Adheres to standard sitting arrangements

Then you travel a distance of about 18km (Ikorodu to TBS) for 500 naira? Less than a dollar?

No wonder some don't have air conditions anymore. The amount it would take to replace the compressor of that Scania bus would eat up what that bus made in one month sef.

Let's not talk about Maintaining the bus stations like Ikeja and Oshodi, servicing and repairs, paying staff, Maintaining servers....Lol

For me, that service shouldn't come cheap.

Yes I also believe the fare are cheap but then the govt needs to make it affordable. It's a mass transit and the volume of people they pick should cushion the cost.

I sincerely hope they won't do the same with the light rail once it commence operations. I believe they should concession these businesses with a PPP agreement where the private sector run and maintain it while the government holds a controlling stake.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:05pm On Jul 01, 2022
larride:

Yes I also believe the fare are cheap but then the govt needs to make it affordable. It's a mass transit and the volume of people they pick should cushion the cost.

I sincerely hope they won't do the same with the light rail once it commence operations. I believe they should concession these businesses with a PPP agreement where the private sector run and maintain it while the government holds a controlling stake.

I heard the light rail would be cheaper than the BRT sef.

Maybe all these projects na to siphon money sef, because you can't run it like this and make profits to expand and sustain it.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:07pm On Jul 01, 2022
seankafor:
are you talking about dayo

By the time I serve him now he will be crying all over the internet people will now be saying that na me be bad person

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:32pm On Jul 01, 2022
izzou:

In September 2021,

Dollar is about 620

During lockdown they increased with the excuse of maintaining social distancing
Covid have been gone for over a year they didn't reduce the fareeven though they will fill the buses with excess passengers
Now that diesel have increased they decided to increase, what happen if diesel reduce tomorrow grin grin
Na we we oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (4776) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick, RevFrEbuka(m), cephasdultimate, DeadPresidents and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.