Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,724 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage (41174 Views)

My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village / My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me / My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Kingozymandias(m): 3:15pm On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
she's the last Born, her niece is older than her

Liar.. your hubby is in her late thirties...

Thief . You wan dey get free money

Come on follow your hubby
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by princewarri1985: 3:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
If you really love respect and appreciate her, then that is the least you can do for her! She just want to show you off that she gat a real man normal girls character

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by kingsceemark(m): 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all
My girlfriend wants me to wear same native attire to her niece wedding on Friday. I thought she was joking when she suggested it last week, because I don't even plan on going due to my busy schedule. But to my surprise she's just came to my house with some yards of the material she bought with her money.

Though I appreciate her good gestures, but I don't think it's right.. We are not married. What will her people say when dey see me with her like that because her father, mother, brothers and sisters will be there, not talking about her extended families.

I had to confide with a friend and he told me blantly that it is a set up, I should abort. That he had witness a similar case in a party when a guy was behaving as if he had paid his girlfriend bride price...what happened was the guy didn't leave the way he came. I won't want that to happen to me but before I decide I like to hear from you all.

relationship is 3months
I don't know her family house, talkless to know who born her.. not yet ready to.

The time you dey nack her toto you no seek for our advice, just ordinary clothes you take dey disturb us, if I cures you now them go ban me

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mariangeles(f): 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2022
Divay22:

The relationship is still early na..
Just 3 months grin grin
Op go las las do husband duty for there

Hehehehehehe cheesy

The thing is, if you're from or based in the SW, you'd understand that aso ebi is no big deal at events.
Almost, if not all, the guests will be wearing them. cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by chubbyG(m): 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all
My girlfriend wants me to wear same native attire to her niece wedding on Friday. I thought she was joking when she suggested it last week, because I don't even plan on going due to my busy schedule. But to my surprise she's just came to my house with some yards of the material she bought with her money.

Though I appreciate her good gestures, but I don't think it's right.. We are not married. What will her people say when dey see me with her like that because her father, mother, brothers and sisters will be there, not talking about her extended families.

I had to confide with a friend and he told me blantly that it is a set up, I should abort. That he had witness a similar case in a party when a guy was behaving as if he had paid his girlfriend bride price...what happened was the guy didn't leave the way he came. I won't want that to happen to me but before I decide I like to hear from you all.

relationship is 3months
I don't know her family house, talkless to know who born her.. not yet ready to.

Traditional wedding of her NIECE? �� DON'T GO.

It screams desperation. Traditional wedding is supposed to be mainly between the 2 families, nothing really concerns you. Don't go.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by jeff1607(m): 3:56pm On Jun 21, 2022
I am still wondering what is the big deal in wearing the same clothes to a function

If you don’t see her a potential mate abeg bounce

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Wwwq: 4:39pm On Jun 21, 2022
Why
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by jamesbridget13(f): 4:51pm On Jun 21, 2022
Better don't take it to a tailor. Just tell her u would be busy on that day but if you can make out chance, you would try to put on a touch of d colour of d day n not some asoebi. Tell her u would sew it n still wear to church or other events.

She doesn't mean any harm. She is just a caring person. If you are convinced you won't end up with her I suggest u start taking a walk

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Kingsean(m): 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months

I don't really see any issue here. the only thing I see is that you don't love her as much as she loves you. your guys tell you to abort and you sef abort. funny thing is that your friend might be eyeing your babe. be careful with friends. It's not everything about your relationship you should be telling them.you can go with her. don't allow negative energy kill your relationship. she is proud to show you off to her people. she wants you to marry her. you can let her know you're not comfortable with it and I believe she should understand

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mariangeles(f): 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
Kingsean:

I don't really see any issue here. the only thing I see is that you don't love her as much as she loves you. your guys tell you to abort and you sef abort. funny thing is that your friend might be eyeing your babe. be careful with friends. It's not everything about your relationship you should be telling them.you can go with her. don't allow negative energy kill your relationship. she is proud to show you off to her people. she wants you to marry her. you can let her know you're not comfortable with it and I believe she should understand

You're a reasonable human.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by TheMostComplex1: 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2022
Kingozymandias:
angry

It is men like you the late Prophet and Godfather of blessed memory his royal Highness Kevin Samuels tried to save with his gospel...

Comrade what is wrong with you ? You already know it's everything wrong to show up there with her firstly, secondly to show up there and identify as her significant other, thirdly to show up there to identify as her SO and wear the same material? Bros what is wrong with you ? Except you know you are going to marry her otherwise, my guy dodge it immediately!!

Or else all family events in your family she will want to accompany you dressed in his and her clothing .

Brother be wise now... Eat your share and move along...

See go and purge your mind of SIMPlicitic ways of thinking and find the late Prophet Kevin Samuels teachings and thank me later .

Wait hold up!! Did you say neice's traditional wedding?
How old is this your GF? Na old layer be that o!! Bros how old are you ? shocked

Is she in her thirties ? Your wording even shows you might likely be younger than she is? Please if she is the one feeding and clothing you, then jejely respect yourself and wear whatever uniform she has ordered for you. For her neice to be getting married she isn't a young girl, likely in her mid thirties , no man in his late thirties or fourties calls a woman he is dating GF, so likely you are younger in your late twenties .. you are likely her toy boy... So better bend down and take it up the anus like a toy you are. You have been eating her money now you don't want to identify with her because you are afraid people will laugh at your for dating your mother's age mate? grin The path we choose has its rules

For your info some of my colleagues nieces are older than her, one of them is an academic Dr. While my young colleague graduated like two years ago, so stop this your assumptions
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Kingozymandias(m): 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2022
TheMostComplex1:

For your info some of my colleagues nieces are older than her, one of them is an academic Dr. While my young colleague graduated like two years ago, so stop this your assumptions

That is your own experience. That isn't the case here undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Yinkus057: 6:32pm On Jun 21, 2022
Go plan with Ur tailor make him pieces the clothe but shouldn't sew it.. My candid advice
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by caesymore(m): 6:34pm On Jun 21, 2022
Mariangeles:

Okay, 3 months is still quite recent.
Tell her you're not comfortable with that arrangement, that it might send the wrong message, and you wouldn't want that.

hmmm that statement alone will end the relationship, special adviser you no won make my man enjoy the toto dey go embarassed
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by BRATISLAVA: 6:55pm On Jun 21, 2022
babyfaceafrica:

Even marriage of 10 years doesn't guarantee you will know anything about a woman, life is deep

Then why are you against the OP color matching clothes with her?

Besides, even in 10 years of dating a man, a woman will know nothing about a man. Life is deep.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by myike2(m): 7:14pm On Jun 21, 2022
enonche85:

Some niece dey senior their aunty o... cheesy grin

Hehehe you’re correct; that’s why I said “all other things being equal”

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Poleski: 9:32pm On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months

Don't do it!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Pastorjohn2: 7:05am On Jun 22, 2022
Zelenskyy:
A sign of no True love...

This OP is asking this question because he has no plans to marry her. If he is convinced that she is the one for him, he would not think twice about this matter.

3 months is enough time to know whether you truly love someone and want to continue this relationship down to the Altar...

I see someone that came to EAT AND RUN

And most men behave like this when they see the lady as not adding anything to their life...

One question for the OP...

If na Dangote , Otedola or Governor's daughter that you love ask you to wear the same Asho ebi, would you come to Nairaland to ask for public opinion ... ?

Would you not jump at the offer.... ?

Answer Truthfully and don't deceive yourself.

Like I said, No True Love here.

She sees you as Husband material but you are still wearing your EAT AND RUN cap. If not you will not be here asking this question

That your girlfriend is not getting any younger. That is why she is doing what she is doing.

So let her know as soon as possible your intentions for the relationship. There is no Crime telling her that you don't intend to marry her. So that she can prepare her heart for her missing ribs..

But you may not tell her that because your plan is to EAT, EAT, EAT AND RUN and possibly delay her marital Destiny

Finally a sensible comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Pastorjohn2: 7:07am On Jun 22, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months

That woman is clearly in love with you and sees a future with you, She is trying to show you off to her family members.
From this write-up, it's obvious you don't love or want a future with her because 3 month is enough to know if you really love someone or not.

I wonder why you people go into relationships with people you don't love.

If you have no feelings or see no future with her then don't wear it because it would be a great disgrace for that woman if in the future you dump her after showing you off.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Munzy14(m): 9:10am On Jun 22, 2022
Mariangeles:

Are you into men?
As in, do you prefer men sexually? Answer honestly, so that we can all understand where your hate is coming from.
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

I am imagining listening to this comment said verbally than written.. grin grin

Gi na Emma..smh
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by seangy4konji: 10:58am On Jun 22, 2022
You want to start what you cant finish...

Remember Buhari is still there and we dont know the bastard that will enter...even if its same aso ebi...3 months relationship and you are doinf and co...old cargo is trying to set you up and force marriage on uoi..

Be wise oo..never...

If she is trying to manipulate you with food,toto and money...run away from here...

they are all looking for who to tie down after sexing all the good men on earth with their i am beautiful ..no age don enter,na to carry u enter family house say i don get man...

Unless they have used your destiny as well and you know you are usless ini life then you can go with her.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Ximenez(m): 1:52pm On Jun 22, 2022
TheMostComplex1:

Lol
A niece can never be older than her aunt na.
Just like a nephew can never be older than his uncle.
Just that people find it difficult to differentiate among uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews, nieces.

According to Op's story, his girlfriend is an aunt to the niece.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mariangeles(f): 3:15pm On Jun 22, 2022
Munzy14:

Gi na Emma..smh

All that constant hate can never be ordinary. cheesy
It stems from a deep place.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 3:45pm On Jun 22, 2022
nighter:

If he isn't comfortable wearing the same attire with her, he should Bleep off. Wearing matching outfits is a big deal. You shouldn't be fckingg who you don't want to marry.
Says According to the book of @nighter chapter 1 vs 2
Una go dey cum on nairaland dey yab rubbish, did bros force her to hv sex with him?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 4:00pm On Jun 22, 2022
Mariangeles:

Hehehehehehe cheesy

The thing is, if you're from or based in the SW, you'd understand that aso ebi is no big deal at events.
Almost, if not all, the guests will be wearing them. cheesy
Since op did not tell us d location or tribe, he has no business going for d traditional wedding, then putting on same attire with d aunty
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mariangeles(f): 4:02pm On Jun 22, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Says According to the book of @nighter chapter 1 vs 2
Una go dey cum on nairaland dey yab rubbish, did bros force her to hv sex with him?

Once they talk about ladies not having sex with whom they're not married to, most of you men become perturbed, then start with the reverse psychology tactics.

If only ladies know the power they possess before ever giving it up, then they would never give it up, except at the right time and with the right person.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 4:09pm On Jun 22, 2022
Munzy14:

Gi na Emma..smh

Nwanemous, I no get wahala wit any human being for dis life, but some things man dun take eye see for dis life ehhh,me and u no say women no dey like men wey no dey gree for them, tthat's just my offence for where women dey. I no believe in let go for dem
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2022
Mariangeles:

All that constant hate can never be ordinary. cheesy
It stems from a deep place.
At all at all, it can't be ordinary and it will never be
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 4:12pm On Jun 22, 2022
Mariangeles:

Once they talk about ladies not having sex with whom they're not married to, most of you men become perturbed, then start with the reverse psychology tactics.

If only ladies know the power they possess before ever giving it up, then they would never give it up, except at the right time and with the right person.
They can only do that shit with simps and lover boys, real men don't beg for sex. Rather na women dey beg sex from real men. By d way, what's so special about this shit sex women always talk about as if sex is something that nourishes d body and soul?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Ximenez(m): 4:14pm On Jun 22, 2022
Mariangeles:

Unfortunately, most ladies have no choice and it's not up to them.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mariangeles(f): 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

They can only do that shit with simps and lover boys, real men don't beg for sex. Rather na women dey beg sex from real men. By d way, what's so special about this shit sex women always talk about as if sex is something that nourishes d body and soul?

There's that tactic.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mariangeles(f): 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ximenez:

Unfortunately, most ladies have no choice and it's not up to them.

They do have a choice not to give it up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Woman Who Gave Birth To Triplets Sacked (Photo) / Update On My Brother - He has Been Found / The Only Type Of Partners Who Enjoy The Best Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.