Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage (41189 Views)

My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village / My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me / My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by emonis88: 10:44am On Jun 21, 2022
MrMcJay:
She is trying to mark her territory.

That girl is marking her territory, staking ownership on the guy and showing off her prize before her family members. The guy will now get there, her family members will be telling the guy to do quick and pick date.

Pick which date? Guy wey just pay for IELTS.
Exam date hahahaha!!!!!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by latolz: 10:45am On Jun 21, 2022
I can hate that thing ehn.. Very local approach..

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by casualobserver: 10:50am On Jun 21, 2022
adedayoa2:
So, why is that a problem? You don't have plans for her?

You women sef are your own problems. This is how you put pressure on men and drive men away. How can you ask a man to wear aso ebi with you after 3 months…..kilode!!!!!

Invite him to the wedding, if he doesn’t want to come, you know he has no plans for you because he doesn’t want to meet your family. But when you ask him to wear aso ebi, you are the one creating issues by trying to force the issue which will often backfire on you.

It is one thing to meet your family, it’s another to participate in a family event as a family member in waiting after just 3 months!!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mariangeles(f): 10:51am On Jun 21, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Take advice from that gender at your early grave. Hv u ever come across good advice from caused gender before

Bia! Gini wu nsogbu gi? Ihe I na chughari'm, e nwee ugwo m ji gi?
E nwere ihe jikoro mu na gi?
Lekwe k'obi na a kpogbu gi n'okwu gbasara umu nwaanyi n'elu nairaland!

A kpasukwala'm iwe!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Slimsaj: 10:54am On Jun 21, 2022
Oga wats d worst that can happen
It could be dat she wants to flaunt you for her people.
Ask her wat role she wants you to play so you can really understand.
Then bill her for it.. cos na our profession to act as fiance and the billing ranges btw 150k-5m depending on the role you agree to.
Warn her not to cross the agreement if not you will cast her..
Watch wat you say how you reply to whining
"Our inlaw when are you coming to do introduction, you know shes not getting older""
U- "when the time comes, we are still knowing our sef thats y i came to know her more,"
Them- " but you can still present wine and cola so that we will know that you are there"
U- "we are forbidden to do such without a member of the family present
If (not when) the time comes we will prepare properly and come. GOD'S time is the best."
Dont be generous

Or you can just not go form busy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by ozo13(m): 10:55am On Jun 21, 2022
shantti:
Something is fishy. Hmmmmmmmm

O.p, what if that so called ceremony is your igbankwu secretly mapped out without your knowledge.

What if, when you get there, the village youths will beat you into paying her dowry, then you will sit down, her father will give her wine and she will dance with her ashebi and bring it to you. You go dey drink the wine dey shed tears. Then the village youth will beat you again into dropping some currency into the wine tumbler. Then they will beat you again into dancing with her. U go dey dance buga with her dey cry. Then they will finally beat you into taking you newly wedded wife home
lol
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Slynation(m): 10:55am On Jun 21, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Take advice from that gender at your early grave. Hv u ever come across good advice from caused gender before
Asin ehh... wahala dey O grin
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by phemmyfour: 10:56am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all
My girlfriend wants me to wear same native attire to her niece wedding on Friday. I thought she was joking when she suggested it last week, because I don't even plan on going due to my busy schedule. But to my surprise she's just came to my house with some yards of the material she bought with her money.

Though I appreciate her good gestures, but I don't think it's right.. We are not married. What will her people say when dey see me with her like that because her father, mother, brothers and sisters will be there, not talking about her extended families.

I had to confide with a friend and he told me blantly that it is a set up, I should abort. That he had witness a similar case in a party when a guy was behaving as if he had paid his girlfriend bride price...what happened was the guy didn't leave the way he came. I won't want that to happen to me but before I decide I like to hear from you all.

relationship is 3months
I don't know her family house, talkless to know who born her.. not yet ready to.
Your friend is right, you LL be meeting your in-law to be, courtesy demands that you conduct yourself as a responsible guy before them
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 21, 2022
Na set up grin
She want to commit you.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by godofuck231: 10:59am On Jun 21, 2022
Uou wan blow her then run away abi, you have no good agenda for her
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by hardon1(m): 11:01am On Jun 21, 2022
Any man that needs public opinion for decisions like this is a simp
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Zonefree(m): 11:02am On Jun 21, 2022
Mariangeles:

Zonefree, o wu oke egwuregwu na e bute udi nonsense a na nairaland.
You and who is doing nonsense...seems your head is paining you undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by pongwa(m): 11:05am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all
My girlfriend wants me to wear same native attire to her niece wedding on Friday. I thought she was joking when she suggested it last week, because I don't even plan on going due to my busy schedule. But to my surprise she's just came to my house with some yards of the material she bought with her money.

Though I appreciate her good gestures, but I don't think it's right.. We are not married. What will her people say when dey see me with her like that because her father, mother, brothers and sisters will be there, not talking about her extended families.

I had to confide with a friend and he told me blantly that it is a set up, I should abort. That he had witness a similar case in a party when a guy was behaving as if he had paid his girlfriend bride price...what happened was the guy didn't leave the way he came. I won't want that to happen to me but before I decide I like to hear from you all.

relationship is 3months
I don't know her family house, talkless to know who born her.. not yet ready to.
no big deal, it doesn't mean anything
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Bruno3000(m): 11:09am On Jun 21, 2022
Guy u just made laff hard
shantti:
Something is fishy. Hmmmmmmmm

O.p, what if that so called ceremony is your igbankwu secretly mapped out without your knowledge.

What if, when you get there, the village youths will beat you into paying her dowry, then you will sit down, her father will give her wine and she will dance with her ashebi and bring it to you. You go dey drink the wine dey shed tears. Then the village youth will beat you again into dropping some currency into the wine tumbler. Then they will beat you again into dancing with her. U go dey dance buga with her dey cry. Then they will finally beat you into taking you newly wedded wife home
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mariangeles(f): 11:11am On Jun 21, 2022
Zonefree:

You and who is doing nonsense...seems your head is paining you undecided

Mkpari a nahu a ranu gi ahu.
O wu onye I wu.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Cutehector(m): 11:20am On Jun 21, 2022
Many ladies do not know how to get a man to give them a ring.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by ImaIma1(f): 11:23am On Jun 21, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Sometimes we men need a push...sometimes a man will never be ready until his woman makes him see being ready is not really a bad idea....

You are right for some men. Some others are just time wasters that no matter the push they won't take the bait.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by GustoAfrica: 11:25am On Jun 21, 2022
You should do as she says and;
also shoot your bespoke wedding videos for 100k

https://www.instagram.com/weddingswithgusto/?hl=en
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Zonefree(m): 11:25am On Jun 21, 2022
Mariangeles:

Mkpari a nahu a ranu gi ahu.
O wu onye I wu.
Ga'wa gi biko, iwu onye nsogbu oge obula.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by frozen70(f): 11:26am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months

After some guys will say that women have fish brain

Just look at the smart thing she is planning

We all know that her plans is to show you to her family as the next future groom

The issue now is

Wether you want to marry her or not

Don't wear uniform with her when going or collect the materials and wear any other cloth

I hate people using indirect ways to do things

Come out straight let me understand what you are planning

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by WatchYourSix: 11:29am On Jun 21, 2022
ImaIma1:

You are right for some men. Some others are just time wasters that no matter the push they won't take the bait.

Na pregnancy fit those ones...

Plenty guys u see today saying their wife is the best thing that hapened to them are pushed to tge alter by positive pregnancy test..
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Enumerator(m): 11:30am On Jun 21, 2022
Confirm!
Zonefree:
Don't fall for that cheap manipulation from her. Na over familiarity dey cause all this nonsense!

You can decide to go for the wedding if you're less busy but don't wear same attire with her. She's just a girlfriend...don't let your girlfriend stops you from finding the love of your life. The love of your life might be in that wedding. Be wise!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Enumerator(m): 11:31am On Jun 21, 2022
Confirm!
MrMcJay:
She is trying to mark her territory.

That girl is marking her territory, staking ownership on the guy and showing off her prize before her family members. The guy will now get there, her family members will be telling the guy to do quick and pick date.

Pick which date? Guy wey just pay for IELTS.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by ThePlugg(m): 11:33am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
her niece is older than her with months. shes the last of their family
oh wow....juss go shaa,but not on the same outfit though
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mariangeles(f): 11:36am On Jun 21, 2022
Zonefree:

Ga'wa gi biko, iwu onye nsogbu oge obula.

A choola m gi okwu mbo? Juo onwe gi.

A si a kpoputawa ndi nwere nsogbu na forum a, I wu onye ishi ha!

A nahu m a cho o, mana onye choo m...
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by newdawn2017(f): 11:40am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months
don't even go for d wedding, that's a huge step in 3months. It's a red flag I warn u. Because that's how toxic, narcissistic manipulators move to lock d relationship with moves like that just before their spell fades away from their victim. Since u don't feel right about it, do not betray urself by going what ur body is rejecting. Watch her behavior towards onwards. She will not honour ur boundaries.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 11:41am On Jun 21, 2022
Angelfrost:

So, while he was 'eating between her legs', what exactly was she doing?!! Merely enduring and feeding him while starving?!!

Sex is consensual and supposed to be enjoyed by two consenting adults!

It's irritating when one gender claims to be doing the other a huge favor by opening her legs! Please, stop it already!

Does a sensible lady or girl need to be told not give into sex before marriage?!! Sex is just what it is... Leave it out of this abeg!
DONT MIND ALL THESE DAUGHTERS OF EVE, AS IF SEX IS AN ACHIEVEMENT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:43am On Jun 21, 2022
Abort mission,it will make you look stupid and immatured.pls abort.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by aspabay(m): 11:43am On Jun 21, 2022
If it is a general attire worn by others (what the Yorubas call Aso Ebi), you can wear it and just blend with others.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Truvelisback(m): 11:47am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months
Are u ashamed of her? Do u really love her or u just her acting Bf? If u love her, u should be proud of her and not to be ashamed of her. She loves u, she is proud of u and she isn't ashame of u. So, u should do likewise.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by WatchYourSix: 11:53am On Jun 21, 2022
Truvelisback:
Are u ashamed of her? Do u really love her or u just her acting Bf? If u love her, u should be proud of her and not to be ashamed of her. She loves u, she is proud of u and she isn't ashame of u. So, u should do likewise.

Dont blackmail the guy with love ....
If hes not ready to meet family..then hes not ready...its not about love
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by PreetyAngel4U: 11:56am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months

So why is she your girlfriend? To catch feelings abi? Is she the one that asked you out? Is it not to get to know all about her to be able to decide if you are compatible to spend a lifetime together? How would you achieve this if you don't get to know her family. You need to check your intentions about the relationship. I doubt you even care about her sef. I only hope she hasn't gone 'too far ' with you. See a caring lady that you want to take for granted. If you are not interested, leave her and stop wasting her time and let someone who would appreciate such gestures find her. jessicamediaopinions.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Only Type Of Partners Who Enjoy The Best Marriage. / 10 Things Married Ladies In Akwaibom Talk About When They Meet / Pastor Marries Corpse Of Church Member He Impregnated In Akwa Ibom

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.