Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage (41191 Views)

My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village / My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me / My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by swissgoldenpro2: 11:58am On Jun 21, 2022
I understand your worries bro
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by biggz82: 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
My guy, no try am oh na set up she won set you up so.

Make i tell you wetin you go do to continue to enjoy you 3 months old (kpekus) relationship

Collect the material go give Tailor and beg the Tailor to disappoint you. The whole blame go dey the Tailor head. If e work for me e go also work for you and your knacking will not stop.

Thank me later
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Baamm(m): 12:07pm On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all
My girlfriend wants me to wear same native attire to her niece wedding on Friday. I thought she was joking when she suggested it last week, because I don't even plan on going due to my busy schedule. But to my surprise she's just came to my house with some yards of the material she bought with her money.

Though I appreciate her good gestures, but I don't think it's right.. We are not married. What will her people say when dey see me with her like that because her father, mother, brothers and sisters will be there, not talking about her extended families.

I had to confide with a friend and he told me blantly that it is a set up, I should abort. That he had witness a similar case in a party when a guy was behaving as if he had paid his girlfriend bride price...what happened was the guy didn't leave the way he came. I won't want that to happen to me but before I decide I like to hear from you all.

relationship is 3months
I don't know her family house, talkless to know who born her.. not yet ready to.
if you like her listen to your friend and refund the Aso ebi money to her. She is probably under pressure or wants to show u off. No be every time
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2022
Zonefree:
Don't fall for that cheap manipulation from her. Na over familiarity dey cause all this nonsense!

You can decide to go for the wedding if you're less busy but don't wear same attire with her. She's just a girlfriend...don't let your girlfriend stops you from finding the love of your life. The love of your life might be in that wedding. Be wise!
Abeg forward ur Account for Cold Beer.
I know say person like you already get money but still forward ur stuff for very chilled Origin!
.... na MAN u be..
U carry head enter this WORLD..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 12:16pm On Jun 21, 2022
Mariangeles:

Bia! Gini wu nsogbu gi? Ihe I na chughari'm, e nwee ugwo m ji gi?
E nwere ihe jikoro mu na gi?
Lekwe k'obi na a kpogbu gi n'okwu gbasara umu nwaanyi n'elu nairaland!

A kpasukwala'm iwe!
Empty ranting, mak u cum do your worst mak i see
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 12:17pm On Jun 21, 2022
Slynation:
Asin ehh... wahala dey O grin
Gender that Jah regretted creating
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Shedrill(m): 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2022
She's simply trying to let you know she's expecting a ring on her fingers not later than this year. When i talk about ring, i don't mean engagement ring. Engagement ring will only extend the date your premium tears will flow by 3months, but it must surely flow because that girl will surely use monday hammer and scatter your heart.

So comrade if your mission is to love without marriage 100meters close to the radar, ABORT MISSION AND BRACE FOR IMPACT.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by MtDave55: 12:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
Personally I see nothing wrong with wearing same attire to an occasion, though the relationship is too young for that level of familiarity.

But OP it seems you are not comfortable with the idea, why wanting to displease yourself in an attempt to please someone else?
Are you convince that you will be wearing genuine smile seeing yourself on the same attire with your GF and our family during her family event?

Bet me today may be attire, tomorrow might be something more serious, avoid being manipulated by anyone
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mariangeles(f): 12:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Gender that Jah regretted creating

I nwekwara ako n'uche?
O wu ihe Chukwu gwara gi?
E kwekwala ka Chineke kpoo gi oku!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mariangeles(f): 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Empty ranting, mak u cum do your worst mak i see

Are you into men?
As in, do you prefer men sexually? Answer honestly, so that we can all understand where your hate is coming from.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Stevo35: 12:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
Apostle must hear of this' grin run oh!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Eldee54321(m): 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2022
OP HOW OLD IS SHE? COS IT REALLY MATTERS...SHE MIGHT BE A DESPERADO cool
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Pallaz(m): 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2022
The facts is that she is already in love and believe you are her man.. We can 3 days, 3weeeks or 3 months,,, e don't take years to love but minutes. So bro
If you are in love and see her as your future wife, then no problem see the clothes with her. But if you don't then abort the plan, but bear it in your mind that if you abort it,, she's gonna kick your ass from her life. Because you're not serious
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Ameduedwin: 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2022
Let me give you a final solution, collect the cloth take it to the tailor, make arrangement with the tailor that, he should not work on the cloth till so so time, make sure you told him The reason for the arrangement, any time you are with your girl friend be calling the tailor challenge him while he is not still work on the cloth and the wedding is near, something something like that, later your girl friend will know that that fort is not from you. If not you will get problem your girl. Do that and thank me later.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Zonefree(m): 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Abeg forward ur Account for Cold Beer.
I know say person like you already get money but still forward ur stuff for very chilled Origin!
.... na MAN u be..
U carry head enter this WORLD..
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 12:42pm On Jun 21, 2022
Mariangeles:

I nwekwara ako n'uche?
O wu ihe Chukwu gwara gi?
E kwekwala ka Chineke kpoo gi oku!
Is their in d Bible na,
As for ako n'uche, go and ask your ancestors that one.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by brandsoncharlie: 12:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all
My girlfriend wants me to wear same native attire to her niece wedding on Friday. I thought she was joking when she suggested it last week, because I don't even plan on going due to my busy schedule. But to my surprise she's just came to my house with some yards of the material she bought with her money.

Though I appreciate her good gestures, but I don't think it's right.. We are not married. What will her people say when dey see me with her like that because her father, mother, brothers and sisters will be there, not talking about her extended families.

I had to confide with a friend and he told me blantly that it is a set up, I should abort. That he had witness a similar case in a party when a guy was behaving as if he had paid his girlfriend bride price...what happened was the guy didn't leave the way he came. I won't want that to happen to me but before I decide I like to hear from you all.

relationship is 3months
I don't know her family house, talkless to know who born her.. not yet ready to.
This is one mistake most men do, not setting boundaries at the start of the relationship with their girlfriend, you have a busy schedule, don’t go , some ladies don’t like men they can easily tame.
Why not be like i really appreciate your efforts in this but I have a tight schedule these days.
She might appreciate your presence or willingness at first but with time she gonna throw anything at you.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Stevo35: 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
My friend! Go and wear that one love regalia.

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by horia: 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2022
Zonefree:
Don't fall for that cheap manipulation from her. Na over familiarity dey cause all this nonsense!

You can decide to go for the wedding if you're less busy but don't wear same attire with her. She's just a girlfriend...don't let your girlfriend stops you from finding the love of your life. The love of your life might be in that wedding. Be wise!

A true comrade spoken
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by adedayoa2(f): 12:54pm On Jun 21, 2022
casualobserver:

You women sef are your own problems. This is how you put pressure on men and drive men away. How can you ask a man to wear aso ebi with you after 3 months…..kilode!!!!!

Invite him to the wedding, if he doesn’t want to come, you know he has no plans for you because he doesn’t want to meet your family. But when you ask him to wear aso ebi, you are the one creating issues by trying to force the issue which will often backfire on you.

It is one thing to meet your family, it’s another to participate in a family event as a family member in waiting after just 3 months!!!!
I don't see any pressure in this my brother, the relationship is more than 3 months. They should know where they are heading to already before he turns her to evening newspaper (according to Nairalanders).
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Saintmary(f): 1:09pm On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months

She should break up with you if you see possible marriage as manipulation.

You're both not on the same page.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Socialsunny14(m): 1:10pm On Jun 21, 2022
Sirmee:
How old is your girlfriend wey she don dey get niece wey ripe for marriage?
Possible, my neice is less than 5yrs my junior while her mother my sister is over 20yrs my senior
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by sisisioge: 1:15pm On Jun 21, 2022
Mariangeles:

Sisi ehn... cheesy

I took note of that, just in case shaa.✍️

Abi nau....simple solutions o. Tailors are different kind of ogas grin
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by goldfish27(m): 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
mayday mayday a brother is about to be setup by a vagina person
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by diamondy: 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
grin grin grin
Baba you are not ok lol
MrMcJay:
She is trying to mark her territory.

That girl is marking her territory, staking ownership on the guy and showing off her prize before her family members. The guy will now get there, her family members will be telling the guy to do quick and pick date.

Pick which date? Guy wey just pay for IELTS.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by brandsoncharlie: 1:35pm On Jun 21, 2022
Zelenskyy:
A sign of no True love...

This OP is asking this question because he has no plans to marry her. If he is convinced that she is the one for him, he would not think twice about this matter.

3 months is enough time to know whether you truly love someone and want to continue this relationship down to the Altar...

You’ve never known everything about a person, i

I see someone that came to EAT AND RUN

And most men behave like this when they see the lady as not adding anything to their life...

One question for the OP...

If na Dangote , Otedola or Governor's daughter that you love ask you to wear the same Asho ebi, would you come to Nairaland to ask for public opinion ... ?

Would you not jump at the offer.... ?

Answer Truthfully and don't deceive yourself.

Like I said, No True Love here.

She sees you as Husband material but you are still wearing your EAT AND RUN cap. If not you will not be here asking this question

That your girlfriend is not getting any younger. That is why she is doing what she is doing.

So let her know as soon as possible your intentions for the relationship. There is no Crime telling her that you don't intend to marry her. So that she can prepare her heart for her missing ribs..

But you may not tell her that because your plan is to EAT, EAT, EAT AND RUN and possibly delay her marital Destiny

You’ve never known everything about a person,
Even while dating any lady they will always say 40 percent is for you the rest is their privacy, Same everyone.
Don’t assume you’ve known your girlfriend all , that’s why you hear of ladies cheating on their boyfriends or suddenly dumb him or her.
Pastors wife even divorce and cheat after long years of friendship, marriage even with kids.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mariangeles(f): 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
sisisioge:

Abi nau....simple solutions o. Tailors are different kind of ogas grin

Azin! cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Zelenskyy(m): 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

You’ve never known everything about a person,
Even while dating any lady they will always say 40 percent is for you the rest is their privacy, Same everyone.
Don’t assume you’ve known your girlfriend all , that’s why you hear of ladies cheating on their boyfriends or suddenly dumb him or her.
Pastors wife even divorce and cheat after long years of friendship, marriage even with kids.

I repeat

3 months is enough time to know whether you love someone and want to marry her...

The lady has seen a husband material in that guy and the guy is not seeing likewise probably because he has an ulterior motive...

If he thinks the lady is trying to lead him to where he is not ready to go yet, simply tell her to back off...

But guyman would not do that because he wants to keep Fuking the lady all in the name of "we are still dating and trying to know ourselves..."

That is Hogwash....

You can never truly Know your Spouse or Girlfriend

There are couples married for 20 years and are still getting to know and understand themselves...

Marriage is a school where you don't graduate...

3 months is enough time to know if the relationship would result in marriage...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
Mariangeles:

Okay, 3 months is still quite recent.
Tell her you're not comfortable with that arrangement, that it might send the wrong message, and you wouldn't want that.

It's not too early if they're already having sex. I wish women would learn to practice abstinence before marriage. What a pity. I just wish I knew the girl personally to advise her to forget about the relationship and move on with her life. Smh.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by yusufmurry: 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2022
MrMcJay:
She is trying to mark her territory.

That girl is marking her territory, staking ownership on the guy and showing off her prize before her family members. The guy will now get there, her family members will be telling the guy to do quick and pick date.

Pick which date? Guy wey just pay for IELTS.

Abobi, your last line caught me. Man go dey reason wayforward, girls go dey reason marriage as if e go just end there.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2022
Zelenskyy:

I repeat

3 months is enough time to know whether you love someone and want to marry her...

The lady has seen a husband material in that guy and the guy is not seeing likewise probably because he has an ulterior motive...

If he thinks the lady is trying to lead him to where he is not ready to go yet, simply tell her to back off...

But guyman would not do that because he wants to keep Fuking the lady all in the name of "we are still dating and trying to know ourselves..."

That is Hogwash....

You can never truly Know your Spouse or Girlfriend

There are couples married for 20 years and are still getting to know and understand themselves...

Marriage is a school where you don't graduate...

3 months is enough time to know if the relationship would result in marriage...

My ex took me to meet not only his parents but his entire family clan within 1 month of dating. He's very decisive about what he wants and proactive too.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by tosyne2much(m): 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2022
There's no big deal in this... You're definitely going to get negative responses here, which I believe, was the reason why you brought a matter as little as this to the public

Someone loves you enough to the extent that she's willing to let everyone know that she's at least entangled with someone and all you have to do is use the desperation tag on your own supposed partner undecided

For you to bring a trivial issue like this to the public, OP is clearly not mature enough for long term commitment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Only Type Of Partners Who Enjoy The Best Marriage. / 10 Things Married Ladies In Akwaibom Talk About When They Meet / Pastor Marries Corpse Of Church Member He Impregnated In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.