Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,744 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage (41209 Views)

My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village / My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me / My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by ImoleNaija: 1:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
If her niece could be getting married, it means she's old enough for marriage. I understand her worry; she just wants to send a message to her family. I feel for her sha.

A 3-motnths relationship is a NO NO though.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by casualobserver: 2:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
adedayoa2:
I don't see any pressure in this my brother, the relationship is more than 3 months. They should know where they are heading to already before he turns her to evening newspaper (according to Nairalanders).

You wont see pressure because you are a woman and all that is on your mind is marraige. 3 months is too early to be asking a guy to wear aso-ebi with you. How old are you that 3 months is enough time, if you are that old then what were you doing with your life? Like I said invite him to family functions yes but if a man has not given you any indication he plans to marry you, never ask him to wear aso-ebi with you.

A woman does not find a husband, a man finds a wife, things like that should come from the man without pressure. If you pressure a man, when he is not ready, you will most likely lose him, even if he had good intentions for you. and you will encounter the same problem with the next man.

Again I repeat, a woman does not find a husband, a man finds a wife....many women need to understand that. Your job as a woman is to put yourself in a position where the man you want to marry cannot think of a life without you. This is why many women get it wrong and repeat the same mistakes till they are on the shelf. the more pressure you give a man the more a life without you is not such a bad idea to him!!!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mariangeles(f): 2:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
nighter:

It's not too early if they're already having sex. I wish women would learn to practice abstinence before marriage. What a pity. I just wish I knew the girl personally to advise her to forget about the relationship and move on with her life. Smh.

My dear, there's so much that could be said/typed on this matter, but...

It could even be that the op didn't open up to the lady that he wasn't comfortable wearing the same material with her (which might possibly be what most of the guests would be wearing) to their family event, instead he brought it here and made a big deal of what could've been a simple matter.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Osobi32(m): 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all
My girlfriend wants me to wear same native attire to her niece wedding on Friday. I thought she was joking when she suggested it last week, because I don't even plan on going due to my busy schedule. But to my surprise she's just came to my house with some yards of the material she bought with her money.

Though I appreciate her good gestures, but I don't think it's right.. We are not married. What will her people say when dey see me with her like that because her father, mother, brothers and sisters will be there, not talking about her extended families.

I had to confide with a friend and he told me blantly that it is a set up, I should abort. That he had witness a similar case in a party when a guy was behaving as if he had paid his girlfriend bride price...what happened was the guy didn't leave the way he came. I won't want that to happen to me but before I decide I like to hear from you all.

relationship is 3months
I don't know her family house, talkless to know who born her.. not yet ready to.
Run ooooo Run ooooo! Women don't do anything without a motive and I can bet u that whatever her plan may be it is not in ur interest.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Truvelisback(m): 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Dont blackmail the guy with love ....
If hes not ready to meet family..then hes not ready...its not about love
How did i blackmail him? If it's not abt love, then, he shouldn't have anything to do with her. I would assume that he has another Gf in mind.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Zelenskyy(m): 2:17pm On Jun 21, 2022
nighter:

My ex took me to meet not only his parents but his entire family clan within 1 month of dating. He's very decisive about what he wants and proactive too.

Exactly... Good

That is a man that may not be planning to eat and run.... Very important

Majority of them would eat , eat and Finally runaway. Delaying the Marital Destiny of the lady and also scaring away other potential suitors .

Ask them about family members, they would start giving you stories and presenting friends as their family members because they have an agenda...
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Nezero(m): 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
If na asoebi, Everyone is wearing it. Nobody cares who you are
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by romanterrorist: 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
MrMcJay:
She is trying to mark her territory.

That girl is marking her territory, staking ownership on the guy and showing off her prize before her family members. The guy will now get there, her family members will be telling the guy to do quick and pick date.

Pick which date? Guy wey just pay for IELTS.
op IELTS? laff don murder me
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
Mariangeles:

My dear, there's so much that could be said/typed on this matter, but...

It could even be that the op didn't open up to the lady that he wasn't comfortable wearing the same material with her (which might possibly be what most of the guests would be wearing) to their family event, instead he brought it here and made a big deal of what could've been a simple matter.

If he isn't comfortable wearing the same attire with her, he should Bleep off. Wearing matching outfits is a big deal. You shouldn't be fckingg who you don't want to marry.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by tonididdy(m): 2:22pm On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all
My girlfriend wants me to wear same native attire to her niece wedding on Friday. I thought she was joking when she suggested it last week, because I don't even plan on going due to my busy schedule. But to my surprise she's just came to my house with some yards of the material she bought with her money.

Though I appreciate her good gestures, but I don't think it's right.. We are not married. What will her people say when dey see me with her like that because her father, mother, brothers and sisters will be there, not talking about her extended families.

I had to confide with a friend and he told me blantly that it is a set up, I should abort. That he had witness a similar case in a party when a guy was behaving as if he had paid his girlfriend bride price...what happened was the guy didn't leave the way he came. I won't want that to happen to me but before I decide I like to hear from you all.

relationship is 3months
I don't know her family house, talkless to know who born her.. not yet ready to.

In the end.
The answers are with you. Do you love her?
Is she a wife material?
Will you marry her?
If everything ticks yes, then why the delay.
Flaunt yourself to her family

BUT if na just catching cruise relationship. Then abort.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2022
Zelenskyy:

Exactly... Good

That is a man that may not be planning to eat and run.... Very important

Majority of them would eat , eat and Finally runaway. Delaying the Marital Destiny of the lady and also scaring away other potential suitors .

Ask them about family members, they would start giving you stories and presenting friends as their family members because they have an agenda...

Eat and run ke? Never. Then after that we attended a big family event where he made sure I was introduced to everyone.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by psgodwin: 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2022
Zelenskyy:
A sign of no True love...

This OP is asking this question because he has no plans to marry her. If he is convinced that she is the one for him, he would not think twice about this matter.

3 months is enough time to know whether you truly love someone and want to continue this relationship down to the Altar...

I see someone that came to EAT AND RUN

And most men behave like this when they see the lady as not adding anything to their life... sad

One question for the OP...

If na Dangote , Otedola or Governor's daughter that you love ask you to wear the same Asho ebi, would you come to Nairaland to ask for public opinion ... ?

Would you not jump at the offer.... ?

Answer Truthfully and don't deceive yourself.

Like I said, No True Love here.

She sees you as Husband material but you are still wearing your EAT AND RUN cap. If not you will not be here asking this question

That your girlfriend is not getting any younger. That is why she is doing what she is doing.

So let her know as soon as possible your intentions for the relationship. There is no Crime telling her that you don't intend to marry her. So that she can prepare her heart for her missing ribs..

But you may not tell her that because your plan is to EAT, EAT, EAT AND RUN and possibly delay her marital Destiny

The most painful thing is to want someone who doesn't want you and doesn't have plans for you....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Abiscodi11: 2:29pm On Jun 21, 2022
Treat has been detected, my guy run like Usain Bolt
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mattwillz: 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2022
Shedrill:
She's simply trying to let you know she's expecting a ring on her fingers not later than this year. When i talk about ring, i don't mean engagement ring. Engagement ring will only extend the date your premium tears will flow by 3months, but it must surely flow because that girl will surely use monday hammer and scatter your heart.

So comrade if your mission is to love without marriage 100meters close to the radar, ABORT MISSION AND BRACE FOR IMPACT.
How do you mean she would use hammer to scatter his heart?...the guy has nothing to lose..the girl is the one being desperate for marriage here..as old age is tellin on her already
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Positiveme2020: 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2022
MrMcJay:
She is trying to mark her territory.

That girl is marking her territory, staking ownership on the guy and showing off her prize before her family members. The guy will now get there, her family members will be telling the guy to do quick and pick date.

Pick which date? Guy wey just pay for IELTS.

Hahahaha. I don't even like this uniform of a tin.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mariangeles(f): 2:36pm On Jun 21, 2022
Positiveme2020:

I am in this situation now, the girl is doing everything to pin me down but I always resist . Me wey dey plan travel na him she wan pin down , God forbid.

Why not call off the relationship, instead of deceiving and leading her on?

She tie you?
You dey use her hold body abi?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Mariangeles(f): 2:38pm On Jun 21, 2022
Nezero:
If na asoebi, Everyone is wearing it. Nobody cares who you are

Tell them o.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by adedayoa2(f): 2:38pm On Jun 21, 2022
casualobserver:

You wont see pressure because you are a woman and all that is on your mind is marraige. 3 months is too early to be asking a guy to wear aso-ebi with you. How old are you that 3 months is enough time, [b]if you are that old then what were you doing with your life? [/b]Like I said invite him to family functions yes but if a man has not given you any indication he plans to marry you, never ask him to wear aso-ebi with you.

A woman does not find a husband, a man finds a wife, things like that should come from the man without pressure. If you pressure a man, when he is not ready, you will most likely lose him, even if he had good intentions for you. and you will encounter the same problem with the next man.

Again I repeat, a woman does not find a husband, a man finds a wife....many women need to understand that. Your job as a woman is to put yourself in a position where the man you want to marry cannot think of a life without you. This is why many women get it wrong and repeat the same mistakes till they are on the shelf. the more pressure you give a man the more a life without you is not such a bad idea!!!
well I am old enough to know a time waster, very soon Nairalanders (like you) will start asking her the above question.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Positiveme2020: 2:42pm On Jun 21, 2022
Kingozymandias:
angry

It is men like you the late Prophet and Godfather of blessed memory his royal Highness Kevin Samuels tried to save with his gospel...

Comrade what is wrong with you ? You already know it's everything wrong to show up there with her firstly, secondly to show up there and identify as her significant other, thirdly to show up there to identify as her SO and wear the same material? Bros what is wrong with you ? Except you know you are going to marry her otherwise, my guy dodge it immediately!!

Or else all family events in your family she will want to accompany you dressed in his and her clothing .

Brother be wise now... Eat your share and move along...

See go and purge your mind of SIMPlicitic ways of thinking and find the late Prophet Kevin Samuels teachings and thank me later .

Wait hold up!! Did you say neice's traditional wedding?
How old is this your GF? Na old layer be that o!! Bros how old are you ? shocked

Is she in her thirties ? Your wording even shows you might likely be younger than she is? Please if she is the one feeding and clothing you, then jejely respect yourself and wear whatever uniform she has ordered for you. For her neice to be getting married she isn't a young girl, likely in her mid thirties , no man in his late thirties or fourties calls a woman he is dating GF, so likely you are younger in your late twenties .. you are likely her toy boy... So better bend down and take it up the anus like a toy you are. You have been eating her money now you don't want to identify with her because you are afraid people will laugh at your for dating your mother's age mate? grin The path we choose has its rules

Wise One I salute. Bro can I DM you.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by adedayoa2(f): 2:43pm On Jun 21, 2022
Zelenskyy:
A sign of no True love...

This OP is asking this question because he has no plans to marry her. If he is convinced that she is the one for him, he would not think twice about this matter.

3 months is enough time to know whether you truly love someone and want to continue this relationship down to the Altar...

I see someone that came to EAT AND RUN

And most men behave like this when they see the lady as not adding anything to their life...

One question for the OP...

If na Dangote , Otedola or Governor's daughter that you love ask you to wear the same Asho ebi, would you come to Nairaland to ask for public opinion ... ?

Would you not jump at the offer.... ?

Answer Truthfully and don't deceive yourself.

Like I said, No True Love here.

She sees you as Husband material but you are still wearing your EAT AND RUN cap. If not you will not be here asking this question

That your girlfriend is not getting any younger. That is why she is doing what she is doing.

So let her know as soon as possible your intentions for the relationship. There is no Crime telling her that you don't intend to marry her. So that she can prepare her heart for her missing ribs..

But you may not tell her that because your plan is to EAT, EAT, EAT AND RUN and possibly delay her marital Destiny

Thank you my brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Grandkay21(m): 2:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
My Brother run oooh

This is your family party, and this is automatically introduction if you go there with her on the same attire , the bani get target
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by franksam2009: 2:49pm On Jun 21, 2022
Seriously with the comment I'm seeing ehh, the hate towards women is getting out of hand oo ahhh grin..
Op just sit her down and explain to her that you ain't ready for such introduction yet, there's no need for this panic
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Born2winnx: 2:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
Kingozymandias:
angry

It is men like you the late Prophet and Godfather of blessed memory his royal Highness Kevin Samuels tried to save with his gospel...

Comrade what is wrong with you ? You already know it's everything wrong to show up there with her firstly, secondly to show up there and identify as her significant other, thirdly to show up there to identify as her SO and wear the same material? Bros what is wrong with you ? Except you know you are going to marry her otherwise, my guy dodge it immediately!!

Or else all family events in your family she will want to accompany you dressed in his and her clothing .

Brother be wise now... Eat your share and move along...

See go and purge your mind of SIMPlicitic ways of thinking and find the late Prophet Kevin Samuels teachings and thank me later .

Wait hold up!! Did you say neice's traditional wedding?
How old is this your GF? Na old layer be that o!! Bros how old are you ? shocked

Is she in her thirties ? Your wording even shows you might likely be younger than she is? Please if she is the one feeding and clothing you, then jejely respect yourself and wear whatever uniform she has ordered for you. For her neice to be getting married she isn't a young girl, likely in her mid thirties , no man in his late thirties or fourties calls a woman he is dating GF, so likely you are younger in your late twenties .. you are likely her toy boy... So better bend down and take it up the anus like a toy you are. You have been eating her money now you don't want to identify with her because you are afraid people will laugh at your for dating your mother's age mate? grin The path we choose has its rules

feeding me?

you must be a fool if you can't read between the lines when I said I wasn't planning to go because of my busy schedule.

and a bigger fool, for not noticing when I said she bought the cloths to my "house" meaning we don't cohabit like most of you broke folks...she lives in her family house.

how come na she dey feed me.

once again your a fool

mind you her niece is older than her with some months

she a fresh wine in her mid 20s
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by culf: 2:54pm On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months

You are 3 months into the relationship, do you feel you can settle down with her or have anything serious with her, if yes, then wearing same clothes with her is not a problem. If you just want to have sex and go, then, no need.

You should appreciate her really, it seems you are not being sincere with her. Aside marking her territory, thats a good lady.

My wife was like that too.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Divay22(f): 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2022
Mariangeles:
The materials she bought could be the aso ebi that most of the guests would be wearing.
Find out before concluding that she might have an ulterior motive.
It could be that she's just being generous.
Men though.
The relationship is still early na..
Just 3 months grin grin
Op go las las do husband duty for there
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Zelenskyy(m): 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2022
psgodwin:

The most painful thing is to want someone who doesn't want you and doesn't have plans for you....

It is very painful oo

That is why ladies that are serious for marriage must ask any nigga dancing around them what are their plans for coming close...

If he is Looking for a girlfriend, then that is not a Husband material... He is not Mentally ready.

A man that wants to marry a lady should be able to say it on the spot.

And not pass through the Corridors of Boyfriend and Girlfriend where all manner delays, unwanted pregnancy and eventual heartbreaks take place.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Kingozymandias(m): 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

feeding me?

you must be a fool if you can't read between the lines when I said I wasn't planning to go because of my busy schedule.

and a bigger fool, for not noticing when I said she bought the cloths to my "house" meaning we don't cohabit like most of you broke folks...she lives in her family house.

how come na she dey feed me.

once again your a fool

mind you her niece is older than her with some months

she a fresh wine in her mid 20s

U are a liar...hungry gigolo

Better follow your husband to her event ..

Poor man
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Kingozymandias(m): 3:09pm On Jun 21, 2022
Positiveme2020:

Wise One I salute. Bro can I DM you.

Feel free my man... Though I no sure if I remember the email pswd sha but anyhow e be
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Born2winnx: 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2022
Kingozymandias:

U are a liar...hungry gigolo

Better follow your husband to her event ..

Poor man
you surprise say you never experience this thing before. for woman to be desperate enough like this supposed tell you say me and you not in same rank.
my last comment to you
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Positiveme2020: 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2022
Mariangeles:

Why not call off the relationship, instead of deceiving and leading her on?

She tie you?
You dey use her hold body abi?

I have told her many times am not ready for anything long term since it will drag me back . So she hanging out with me is her cup of tea.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Franklinshaddy(m): 3:12pm On Jun 21, 2022
Just 3 months relationship hmmm she just want to show off so that her family will see that she have a serious relationship maybe you are not even the only one she is dating but you are the soft one
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Kingozymandias(m): 3:14pm On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

you surprise say you never experience this thing before. for woman to be desperate enough like this supposed tell you say me and you not in same rank.
my last comment to you

Bro we can never be the same.. I ain't no gigolo... I work and own my own property.. nigga u still living off women's money... grin

You have a looooooooooooong way to go before being considered a man..

I bet even your boxers she bought it for you... Your car, house rent na her house Una dey stay sef...

Guy u are the wife .. make sure you dress up and follow your husband or else I go treat your f up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What Is The One Thing You Regret Not Asking Your Spouse Before Marriage? / My Husband Films Me During Sex, Leaks Video — Woman / SORROW TO JOY: Woman Delivers Triplets Day Murdered Son Was Buried (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.