Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 (64217 Views)

Ekweremadu's Donor Was Given A Passport Of A 41-Year-Old - UK Doctor / Ekweremadu's Kidney Donor Visa Application Letter To British High Commission / Olisa Metuh Laughing In Ekweremadu's House (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by Oplomo: 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2022
Nna eh.. Ndi a jikwa ekweremadu na mkpuru amu. Oga a ba kwanu nsii ooo! grin
Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by int0x80(m): 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2022
Organ donation is not a crime if done the right way and under the law. I don't know how Ekweremadu got into this mess but the way some ignorant folks here are talking about this, is quite disappointing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by iscom(m): 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2022
OK
Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by Mrsprof(f): 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2022
mickeymimi:

since the boy is homeless, he might not even have a portfolio or credentials

How did you come to the conclusion the guy is homeless? Homeless but has bank account, abi no be bvn I dey see so? I'm not fan of all these polithiefians, but let's always say the truth when we see one regardless
Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by HqBoss: 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2022
Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by bigtt76(f): 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2022
From what I read and heard on the news, when the doctor rejected him due to the age declaration, the family now started maltreating the boy who also saw that he was going to be set back home high and dry, decided to escape from their home to the police. The senator and wife were arrested on their way to Turkey.

HRprof:

The boy isn't the one that reported it to police it was doctor whom they boy told he is 15 yrs and doctor was like how can a minor consented to this agreement and doctor reported the matter to police

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by HRprof: 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2022
Jman06:
Who knows the sort of slavery that boy was subjected to in the hands of the Ekweremmadus before he ran to the authorities.

The political class in Nigeria see the ordinary Nigerians as slaves, hence they unleash all manner of inhuman treatment on Nigerians.

If that boy wasn't treated badly, he wouldn't have reported.
Let try to get the information right before we conclude. It wasn't the boy that reported to police it was the doctor who was to carry the operation , I guess he informed the boy the implications of the donation of his kidney which they didn't inform him before then, as a Nija guy his only option to claim minor and the doctor reported the matter to police. The issue here is the minor he claim not that people don't donate organs .
Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by emmykk(m): 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2022
Jashub:
Na wah o. But that boy doesn't look 15. Anyway, I hope justice is served

The boy is a yahoo boy...catching cruise.as eh reach UK e say e nor do again
Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by Chopcy29: 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2022
You get luck. Your organ for dey another man picking body.

If this does not motivate the boy to hustle hard in life, then I don’t know what else will...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by Mayeldah(m): 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2022
dplordx:
Ibos love lies so so much
Does that look like a 21 year old?
Mumu
Go meet the Scotland Police and argue with your detained organ harvesting senator

Take it easy bro

Did Ekweremadu forged the BVN of the boy too?
Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by Denko2721987(m): 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2022
Aflix:
It’s obvious you are defending Ikweremadu. It either you’ve been paid or you are close to him or maybe he is your favored politician. If not, I don’t see how you can come up with this fairy tale rather than believe he was taken to UK under false pretense.

Everything for una side na sentiment.. How does what he said reflect or indicates that he was paid to do so.. So someone cannot make logical point on an issue without been labelled a supporter?? Na wa oh
Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by Agadinaagwuofe: 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2022
Paxlovid:
What if all the Nigerian documents he has were procured during the period he made the senator's acquaintance? If that's the case, then it boils down to the boy's and family's word.

If the footballers you used as example had come out and said that the age published on their behalf was wrong, they would not have been allowed to play, if the age they claim to be fall outside the accepted benchmark.

Firstly as long as the documents tally with NIMC and passport office portal it means the documents are genuine and by Nigeria categorization he is not minor. He would have had a case if documents forged were not the same with the data kept in Nigerian government agency. Yes it will boil down to his words and his family against the senator and courts don't decide cases like that. My point is it will be difficult to prove the senator "intentionally" used him as a minor if the docs and nigerian data bank prove otherwise.

Again there are instances many of the footballers opponent especially lower cadre (under 20, 17 etc) came out and claim their ages are above required age and because of lack of proof it was thrown out, the similarity is in the two cases they have to be proof that one party is saying correct thing against the other party.

1 Like

Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by WatchYourSix: 7:26pm On Jun 24, 2022
bigtt76:
Its the boy's words against the senator's. I noticed that the passport was issued in Abuja a month before the visa application meaning he might have been housed in Abuja for a while and before this trip whereas his BVN details placed his location at Ikotun, Lagos.

Questions are bound to be asked who connected them to him. Perhaps he's an accomplice BUT what if the real intent was not made known to him? What if he was recruited as a domestic staff for oga and he was hoodwinked into doing the tests and landed UK. In the UK nau instead of work he may have been promised, he ended up in hospital to donate kidney.

My question again would be how the boy knew the police station to report to ....well may be he sort directions when he escaped.

I dont think the senators can be stupid to hide and deceive the boy and bundle him the uk... remeber he brought him to the uk legally under his account details specifically using the medical trip option to donate his organ..

Ma,with this it will be hard to prove the senator wanted to steal the boy's organ without his knowledge....

The plausible explanation is that the boy knew what he was doing...he just decided to run under the system that his sympathetic to minors
Unless theres an agent willing to come foward that he connected the two for a price

1 Like

Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by KazikageSama: 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2022
DOTian:
We always like to pretend like we don't know how things go in this country because the person at the receiving end is either not one of us or don't agree with us.

If you have had a relation with kidney problems in Nigeria, and kidney problems are very common these days, you would have known that getting a donor most times depends on how much you want to pay, if the donor is not a family member.(

Obviously this guy was promised a huge sum to donate, they got to The UK and it was noticed that his kidneys can't match with hers, which means that he has to go back to Nigeria. Aware that he might not be paid as promised because he didn't donate as agreed and not sure of a good future in Nigeria after returning, he bolted away with all sorts of sickening tales.

This is the plausible pattern of events and although Ekweremmadu is not my favorite politician, this accusations of human trafficking and organs harvesting as far as I'm concerned, all look staged to dramatize the whole story for media effects.

Bros, your analysis is sound but I do not think (personally) that it was the case based on some reasons:

1. There is no way Ekweremadu won't have tested the boy's compactibility before his travel. Absolutely no way. It takes an average of 12-15 tests on unrelated persons (25% chance for siblings) to get a match for Kidney transplant. Ekweremadu won't be flying people one by one to test if they are a match for his daughter abroad. The testings can conveniently be done in Nigeria( or in worst case scenarios, the testing specimens would be flown abroad before working the donor's papers. So there is no way they didn't test that boy to be a match.

2. According to the prosecution (in Channels TV report yesterday), the transplant was already scheduled and it was on the said date that it was cancelled by the doctor when the doctor found out about his age. Now, we all know compactibility tests don't happen on the day of operation (other tests may but definitely not compactibility test) so the doctor must have been sure of the boy's organ before scheduling the procedure.
While it's possible the boy developed cold feet on the day of the operation and lied to the doctor, the Police won't just take up a case on that based on hearsay. There must have been some investigations into his entry documentations.

All these are just my assumption. I may be wrong and stand corrected.
Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by HRprof: 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2022
bigtt76:
From what I read and heard on the news, when the doctor rejected him due to the age declaration, the family now started maltreating the boy who also saw that he was going to be set back home high and dry, decided to escape from their home to the police. The senator and wife were arrested on their way to Turkey.

Stop reading from cheap blogger, how would they maltreat the boy when they could easily send him back to Nigeria. Mind you this boy went with medical visa meaning they fellow due process but what I though would have happened is that he wasn't clearly informed of the implications of kidney donation and he got to discover when he arrived UK probably informed by the doctor and he change his mind and claim 15 years

1 Like

Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by President2001(m): 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2022
Kidney donating business in Nigeria is a scan can you imagine after spending so much money the guy turn against them

1 Like

Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by EmekaBlue(m): 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2022
dplordx:
Mumu
Go meet the Scotland Police and argue with your detained organ harvesting senator
Hater
Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by watersideboys: 7:30pm On Jun 24, 2022
Morphinne:

Bless you brother. I like people who think and argue objectively, throwing away differences and sentiments. This man is far from being my favorite but God and humanity detests dishonesty. Although it’s too early to judge but if found guilty of false accusation, this boy should be thoroughly dealt with and promptly deported to Nigeria and vice-versa for the Ikweremmadus too. The UK government should not condone wrongdoing in the form of asylum. Same thing should apply to rape cases and false rape accusations. Lastly, we pray God heals the ailing girl

That guy mere looking at him he takes drugs and the senator preferred to wisk him away like that to uk based on his ignorance instead of proper consultation from a Nigerian doctor . I'm very sure he wasn't a good candidate for the surgery and he aroused suspicion. Any which way the guy had a plan B if he couldn't cash out from plan A. Finally the senator na client

1 Like

Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by watersideboys: 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2022
Uk can even be sued for improper handling of this case . Investigate properly, you just carry the case to court dey form boss . The matter might not end well for the UK govt. This is an assassination of character

1 Like

Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by Nobleman80: 7:36pm On Jun 24, 2022
dplordx:
Mumu
oga sentiment aside that boy is not minor, he played the senator street which they have for the past two decades paying nigeria citizens.Actualy the dude was three years old when ekweremmadu won his first senate seat.l

1 Like

Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by bigtt76(f): 7:39pm On Jun 24, 2022
True. I think the guy knows what he's up to and lied to gain sympathy cheesy

WatchYourSix:

I dont think the senators can be stupid to hide and deceive the boy and bundle him the uk... remeber he brought him to the uk legally under his account details specifically using the medical trip option to donate his organ..

Ma,with this it will be hard to prove the senator wanted to steal the boy's organ without his knowledge....

The plausible explanation is that the boy knew what he was doing...he just decided to run under the system that his sympathetic to minors
Unless theres an agent willing to come foward that he connected the two for a price
Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by Michcole: 7:40pm On Jun 24, 2022
ArewaNightmare:
That's absolutely Nonsense bcuz u can use any Age u want at Immigration office

Even if you want a new Birth certificate with different Age , just walk inside any LGA office around u and fill in the forms and case closed bcuz Nigeria as a nation doesn't have Database

Even TINUBU is close to 90 but he keeps claiming 70 and we believed hook line and sinker

Point of correction. You just cannot used any any age to have access to the Nigeria passport at the Nigeria immigration service. Immigration now heavily rely on the data in your NIN to issue you a Nigeria passport.

1 Like

Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by bigtt76(f): 7:40pm On Jun 24, 2022
Well Sky News is not a cheap blogging site though undecided

HRprof:

Stop reading from cheap blogger, how would they maltreat the boy when they could easily send him back to Nigeria. Mind you this boy went with medical visa meaning they fellow due process but what I though would have happened is that he wasn't clearly informed of the implications of kidney donation and he got to discover when he arrived UK probably informed by the doctor and he change his mind and claim 15 years
Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by tegrianonigltd(m): 7:40pm On Jun 24, 2022
Reinaldo:
Nigerian passport? Are you living under a rock

Look bvn, don’t be too fast to reply.
Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by Badgers14: 7:41pm On Jun 24, 2022
DOTian:
We always like to pretend like we don't know how things go in this country because the person at the receiving end is either not one of us or don't agree with us.

If you have had a relation with kidney problems in Nigeria, and kidney problems are very common these days, you would have known that getting a donor most times depends on how much you want to pay, if the donor is not a family member.(

Obviously this guy was promised a huge sum to donate, they got to The UK and it was noticed that his kidneys can't match with hers, which means that he has to go back to Nigeria. Aware that he might not be paid as promised because he didn't donate as agreed and not sure of a good future in Nigeria after returning, he bolted away with all sorts of sickening tales.

This is the plausible pattern of events and although Ekweremmadu is not my favorite politician, this accusations of human trafficking and organs harvesting as far as I'm concerned, all look staged to dramatize the whole story for media effects.

I wanted to think like this but I stopped for minute..

For a person of Ekweremadu's calibre.. I would like to imagine he has common sense.

Didn't his family test the boy at a hospital here in Nigeria to determine compatibility before spending the amount to sponsor him abroad for the actual donation??

But again I thought about another thing, since the politicians don't invest in infrastructure here in the motherland Nigeria. They don't give a rat as§ about the basic infrastructures of the common man, so Ekweremadus family probably didn't trust the analysis of a Nigerian hospital and that's why they didn't do the tests here first to determine compatibility. So shame on him.. former deputy senate president of the federal republic of Nigeria.. he is been in Abuja since 1999

But I still think they determined compatibility before the travel, the boy just got cold feet.

I have not donated any organ before but I have donated blood. They usually counsel you prior to the donation.. they give you paperwork to sign, they explain everything to you etc.. frankly speaking even to donate blood sef, after counseling and see the paperwork sometimes I feel like I no wan do again grin grin but again, it is something for the greater good. Some people donate one time and they don't do it again grin

I think it was at the moment that the boy said nah nah.. he is not doing again. Even though the success rate for a kidney transplant is high even in Nigerian hospitals but again, nothing is guaranteed. Things happen, someone could still loose their life even if the transplant is done at Mayo Clinic or John Hopkins or Cleveland clinic.

So, me thinks the boy got cold feet and said he no do again.

1 Like

Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by frog12: 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2022
igbos are expanding their criminal enterprise. they are no longer content with baby factories. na organ harvesting be the new game

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by starz100: 7:44pm On Jun 24, 2022
DOTian:

Nothing to add
Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by bahaushe1: 7:44pm On Jun 24, 2022
Reinaldo:
Nigerian passport? Are you living under a rock

BVN nko, you never see that one?
Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by WatchYourSix: 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2022
bigtt76:
True. I think the guy knows what he's up to and lied to gain sympathy cheesy

If it were me...i would gladly do the same....he has stepped on uk soil..what could the senator do to him at that point....??

I just have a feeling that If the whole parole was illegal and forced baba would have done that transaction on nigeria's soil where he holds all the cards except if God just wants to show himself....

..i just saw the bvn validation...the boy has officially been 21 since 2019.....so its likely hes lying

1 Like

Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by mamaluwe22(f): 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2022
. Some Nigerians are terrible; I know of a guy who had kidney issue and donor agreed 7million but few days to he said he has changed his mind. Its either 12million or nothing.
SunMusk:
How is he guilty. Abeg keep ur hatred
Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by Jobola1: 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2022
DOTian:

Sentiments don't work in UK, Na wetin sweet pass for this news be that. So u mean d senator is stupid enough not to run all manner of tests before flying the boy out.

If this happened in Nigeria, people like u will claim it's APC witch hunt.

He has a better chance in America than Britain. British public defenders no get joy
Re: Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 by peesleem(m): 7:53pm On Jun 24, 2022
fourboys:
Truth is the boy is not 15... Dude just want to japaa grin.. but make dem jail that Ike and his wife,
Jail them for what ooo this is for you

Anyway check out how to detect a toxic relationship here

https://www.getinspiredhub.com/toxic-relationships-and-signs-to-detect-toxic-relationships/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

EndSARS Protesters Who Kept Vigil In Front Of CBN HQ Under Attack / Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable / Hausa-Fulani And Igbos Clash In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.