Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,655 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche (43958 Views)

Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? / Peter Obi & Jonathan At Pastor Paul Enenche's Daughter's Wedding (Photos) / 2023: What I Said When Asked To Predict Next President – Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by Prettychild(f): 3:29pm On Jun 29, 2022
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by IbadeHQ: 3:30pm On Jun 29, 2022
RandyOku:

PETER OBI is the NEXT PRESIDENT of NIGERIA.

Save this message.

#VOTE PETER OBI

Save which message, u will deactivate your account that day. The only escape route for many of your type is that it was rigged. He cannot even win Anambra state talk more of the northern part.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by plaindealer: 3:36pm On Jun 29, 2022
Igbo can be president, of course, they just don't know how and they are not willing to learn how.

Not until they see themselves as an integral part of Nigeria, learn how to play politics of inclusion, civility, cooperation, consultations, reaching out, and forming honest alliances with other regions, work hard like the other candidates instead of expecting the residency on a platter of gold because they are igbo.

Igbo's away lo kan mentality and the cries for the presidency is a temporary phase and feature, they'll go back to their usual anti-Nigerian and anti-social activities, including terrorist activities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by Achilles881: 3:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
Diligent1:
Because they are not accommodating, they are not united, they don't respect their elders, they have been given the position of the third citizen of the country and we know what they did.
Also, they are always angry.

Noooo!!!!! The the theeeeey can't be fresidentiiii!!!

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 29, 2022
Pastor Paul Enenche, you are wrong on the issue of the major political parties zoning the presidency to the South West in 1999.

Sir, with all due respect, I know Dunamis as at 1999, the smallest church at the then Church Viiage at Area1/Durumi . Rev Yinka Yusuf was your Spiritual Father as at that time. He officiated at One Year Anniversary of the Church building, with the invited guests which included your mother and we were not up to 90 people in the Church. Pastor Becky was pregnant that time. It was Rev Yinka Yusuf that preached as your Spiritual Father. We thank God today how the Church has exploded.

The above preamble was for reference purposes to show that I know you very well as at 1999.

Sir you forgot to mention the battle between Obasanjo and Ekwueme. You forgot to mention hullabaloo, the insult, assault and blackmailing of Obasanjo by the IBOs. You forgot to mention how the polity was saturated just because Obasanjo was contesting against Ekwueme. Was that zoning to South West? AD pulled out of APP at inception because of Adedibu. AD was a party formed by Afenifere.

In your Benue State, I have argued with the Tivs why IDOMA, IGEDE & other minorities are not allowed to win governorship election, they quoted population of Tivs except the post is zoned by major political parties to IDOMA.

While I have no control over what happened in PDP. It is on record, the chairmanship of PDP was zoned to South West after Markarfi's tenure. Bode George was in PHC twice or thrice with South West team, he was humiliated and disgraced with the team, he vowed never to come to PHC again. The post was given to Secondus by Wike and the IBOs who claimed ownership of the party (PDP). They said APC is a Yoruba Party.

Obasanjo as a President contested Primary with Ekwueme for second term.

It is a divine injustice for people or somebody to labour for years to establish a party and grow the party only to be denied the fruit of his labour. The Scripture says I will not labour for others to eat. The Scripture says he that does not work is not supposed to eat.

In 1999, Yorubas never requested for zoning. No party or Political party constitution zoned Presidency to South West. The Yorubas died, imprisoned, oppressed and laboured for it.

Yorubas have never had it easy in Nigeria, but yet, we keep faith with Nigeria. The God of Nigeria is a God of Justice. Our forefathers have laboured for the faith. Baba Adeboye, Oyedepo, Wale Oke and other wild prophets in the mountains and forests cannot afford to keep quiet at this conspiracy.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by MadamExcellency: 3:44pm On Jun 29, 2022
Diligent1:
Because they are not accommodating, they are not united, they don't respect their elders, they have been given the position of the third citizen of the country and we know what they did.
Also, they are always angry.

All I see is evidence of poor home training. Someone or some people failed you.

Chai, what a lost soul.
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by olas24u(f): 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2022
SmartPolician:
The truth is that Nigeria is a fraudulent contraption. It is not built to uphold justice, fairness and equity, so not even the NTA, which preaches it every day, upholds those virtues.
You created the unitary system and it backfired ,that NTA belongs to western Nigerian television.you changed the system.it backfired .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by JudasNaKarrot: 3:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
Righthussle:

Akuko ! Taaaa shutup!

Jehovah will change what ? Ehn ? Jehovah is arresting which situation? So Jehovah can arrest? Jehovah that watched the Owo killing without arresting the killers is now arresting what ? Wetin una dey smoke sef?

See this pulpit bandit. Tell your Jehovah to change things now that a pastor is the vice president of Nigeria.
Mumu talk by a hungry urchin. Have you eaten today?
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by olas24u(f): 3:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
MadamExcellency:

All I see is evidence of poor home training. Someone or some people failed you.

Chai, what a lost soul.

HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE OF HATRED

By Dr Adenike Marinho

I had the privilege of attending some meetings of the Yoruba and Igbo Leaders. I was not a leader but a youth who knew how to wash his hands. At one of those meetings in Owerri, I think in 1989, I think, I listened to Uncle Bola Ige and other Yoruba Leaders take the likes of Mbakwe, R. B. Okafor and others to the cleaners when the Igbo said the Yoruba were betrayers, citing that Chief Obafemi Awolowo led them into secession with a promise that if the Igbo left Nigeria, the Yoruba would follow suit. They accused him of not following up on his promise. Trust Uncle Bola Ige! He pointed to Chief Mbakwe and said, "you were there in the meeting between Awolowo and Ojukwu as I was. Is that statement correct?".He turned to two other Igbo and two Yoruba Leaders who were at that meeting and asked the same question, saying he had transcripts of the meeting between Awolowo and Ojukwu. They kept quiet while the Yoruba Leaders affirmed that Awolowo never promised to follow the East into secession. What he said was that if the Igbo were "driven" out of Nigeria the Yoruba would take it seriously and reassess their own position. Igbo Leaders DID NOT CONTEST this version. Then Chief Bola Ige threw in the clincher! "Who are you to accuse the Yoruba of betrayal?" he roared, and continued:

1. At Independence Awolowo offered a joint government between the NCNC and AG, with Zik as Prime Minister and Awo as Finance Minister. Awo and Zik "were still negotiating" when it was announced that Zik would be President in a coalition with NPC of the North. The East then collaborated in destroying the West and unfortunately Awolowo got charged was sent to prison for an act of Treason and Felony and his leutenants to jail!

2. What of the 1965 elections which the West and the East agreed to boycott? We met all night and reached agreement about 3am on the day of the election. In the morning, while the Yoruba boycotted the election, the Igbo went to vote

3. After the 1979 elections Yoruba (UPN) and Igbo (NPP?) Leaders were still at the negotiating table for a coalition when to their surprise, an announcement was heard that the Igbo (APP) had agreed to a coalition with the North (NPN)

4. After the 1983 elections, 1979 repeated itself. Not giving up, Awolowo reached out to Azikiwe again for cooperation. Talks started and they met in Benin where Awo pleaded passionately that only a collaboration between The Igbo and the Yoruba could save Nigeria. They didn't reach agreement but promised to meet again. Before the next meeting, the Igbo had again teamed up with the North
Uncle Bola paused and then continued "we can go on and on. So how dare you accuse the Yoruba of betrayal? How many Igbo have been killed in Lagos, Ibadan, Akure, Oshogbo (he mentioned other Yoruba towns)? You have your businesses in the West and went to Western schools. Yet you count the Yoruba as your enemy. You get killed in Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi, Zaria etc and have your goods looted yet you consider the Hausa/ Fulani your friends. It's your choice. If you want to be slaves for ever, we can't help you"
I had never been so scared in my life. I thought the roof was going to fall. There was a pin drop silence and no Igbo dared interrupt Uncle Bola Ige because he was telling the truth. The Yoruba Leaders ended the meeting at that point and left. I hope Chief C. O. Adebayo's memoirs will give more details of those exchanges.

Now to make three points from all this:
A. The Yoruba have been stretching their hand across the Niger for a handshake for a long time. The Igbo refused to take it for a long time until recently.

B. Many Igbo Leaders of the 70s, 80s and 90s deliberately perpetrated the legend of Awolowo's role betraying them into the civil war and his role in prosecuting the war, to rally the Igbo population behind themselves. The Igbo agreed on Yoruba hatred than on any other issue. So it was the fabric that held them together for a long time.

C. Time heals all things. Many Igbo reading this will be hearing for the first time that their leaders of old knew for a truth that Awolowo did not break his word to Ojukwu as alleged.

Copied

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by einsteine(m): 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2022
Because Igbos are the only ethnic group in Nigeria that has seceded.

Were it not for Obasanjo (who asked all political parties to have Igbos on the ballot in 1979), even Ekwueme would not have been the VP. In 1979, Awolowo despite being from the South, was compelled to have an Igbo as his VP candidate due to Obasanjo's directives. The only way an Igbo man becomes president is either he is from Igbo or Igboid groups in Delta or Rivers or all political parties are somehow compelled to present only Igbo presidential candidates.
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by PresidObi: 4:28pm On Jun 29, 2022
dgr8truth:
Peter Obi ticks all the boxes.

If you are for fairness and equity, then it's Peter Obi.
If you are for brilliance, then it's Peter Obi
If you are persuaded by quality experience, then it's Peter Obi, tested and trusted.
If you are for a non controversial candidate with solid background, then it's Peter Obi.
If you are for hope, then surely it's Peter Obi.

Atiku is good, Tinubu is better, but Peter Obi is the best for the future of this country.

You are awesome with words.
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by homegirl1: 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2022
Parachoko:
The Pastor should tell us who is stopping Igbo candidates from contesting?

Can you list out the legacies of Peter Obi? I want to see the reason you are saying Peter Obi is better than the man who have legacies such as the Lekki Free Trade Zone, Eko Atlantic City, Lekki deepsea port, BRT etc.

Who are you? How can you be this bitter because of my comment?

Can you show me when I said Ijaws hate Igbos?

Support who ever you like, is none of my business, this is democracy, we all have this freedom.

I am supporting Bola Ahmed Tinubu, a man who worked for companies like Delloite, GTE Services Corporation, Arthur Andersen etc

Here in Nigeria, he worked for Mobil, he resigned and join Politics, he became a senator and a Governor, now, he is a Presidential candidate and by God grace, he will win the election next year.

Some of his legacies as a Governor can still be point at in Lagos today. The Lekki Free Trade Zone, Lekki Deepsea Port, Eko Atlantic City, BRT etc This is some of the achievement of the person you are bitter about.

I hope you won't give yourself High Blood Pressure because of Tinubu and Parachoko wey no know if you dey exist or not.

I'm an Ijaw Man, and my vote is for The Jargaban Borgu

And don't forget to screenshot my post and show me where I stated that All Tribe's Hate Igbos.

The Pastor has the right to his opinion even though he is wrong. He can't defend some of the statements he made on the pulpit. PDP and AD didn't microzone to the South West. There is no time power has been microzone in Nigeria.

On Bola Ahmed Tinubu Mandate I Stand Gidigba

So how many companies and industries did he build for his people to create employment?
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by Anaerobi(m): 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2022
membranus:

I am facing my christianity bro.

LoL... Thank God you are a Christain too. So why making it looks like am wrong using the word Daddy?
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by wonderr(m): 5:23pm On Jun 29, 2022
oluseyiforjesus:
I'm not ibo ooo
But on a serious note, dis people hv being highly marginalized.
It's their turn in a fair Nigeria
That's d only reason I'm supporting Peter Obi. He is not a saint though, an average Nigerian is a criminal but for d reason of one Nigeria it's ibo's turn....
an Igbo man will never be Nigeria's president because ibos want Nigeria to split. Peter Obi is Ip0b project..... I wish he wasnt, so that power can change from pdp & apc criminals but the truth is: PETER OBI IS AN IPOB PROJECT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by wonderr(m): 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2022
massinola:
They should tell us abeg
imagine the disaster that will fall on Nigeria if their Obi becomes president, he will release that Ipig terrorist and they will work together to take all Nigeria resources to the east, then split after leaving Nigeria stranded stupid set of momparas
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by wonderr(m): 5:25pm On Jun 29, 2022
Quest7777:
We cannot continue to deny the truth for too long.
Anyone who is honest & claims to believe in Equity, Justice & One Nigeria knows that the Presidency should be zoned to SE.
imagine the disaster that will fall on Nigeria if their Obi becomes president, he will release that Ipig terrorist and they will work together to take all Nigeria resources to the east, then split after leaving Nigeria stranded stupid set of momparas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by SaintLucia: 5:42pm On Jun 29, 2022
omoharry:
I have a message for you '"Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 says

5"For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten.
6 Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished, never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun"

So what is your profit in hating other people? Revenge? Does It make you feel better than them? Does it gives you the satisfaction that you are hitting back at them? I really dont understand the hatred btw The Yorubas and the Igbos online only.

We shall all pass through this world someday and all these hatred and prejudices we have toward one another person shall disappear like the breeze and never to be remembered. What do you now gain from hating another person or ethnic group?. I am not from the SE but I are really sick and tired of this e-war that never end. This hatred btw the Igbos & Yoruba's does not even exist in reality ,so why this hatred online?
Vote for your Jagaban and let others support and vote for their own candidate without any malice.
Jagaban is Nigeria project while obituary is Ipob project.
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by SaintLucia: 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
IGoComotYaTeeth:
why can't you put sentiment aside and vote for the right person, why vote for somebody that will be clocking 90 years? I cry for this nation
U mean we should vote for a labourer that has no tangible projects to showcase during his 8 years as the governor of an erosion state or should we vote for a clown who majority of supporters are ipob terrorists. So you want Nigerians to be doing sit at home every Monday when everyone is suppose to be at work. Una no well for that una region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by steveodo(m): 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2022
Use your mouth to say God forbid, Tiv that has rendered BENUE state almost useless, a backward state like BENUE shouldn't be talking of ruling Nigeria, prove you can by developing BENUE state.
PDPdestroyer:
Why can't a Tiv man be President? grin
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by CaptainFM1: 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2022
EdwardRandy:

Y’all are scared, but I don't think we will do that. If you are honest to yourself you will know that the marginalization of the SE is part of the reasons this country is not progressive.

Now the question is, how long do you all want to keep living in fear of the unknown at the expense of the entire country?

Nobody is living in fear of Biafra. We just don't want retrogression in any form. The main reason you see the SE not having a national control/command is because no region trust them.

Imagine if you have 3 children and one of them demanded inheritance while you are still alive? And after he lost everything, would you still trust him unless he convinced you?

It is that convincing part that the SE are getting wrong. Even with the noise about "Peter Obi", they are further affirming that they are not ready to live as one Nigeria. I support segregation anyway....but how will they achieve this goal when everything is rigged against them.

Need I remind you that the SE is the only region with 5 states. And there's a reason why it was made so. Everything is mathematically and systematically done so.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by Goke7: 6:11pm On Jun 29, 2022
is he ready to empty the church account for Obi to win the presidency? no be by mouth and noise o grin
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by unclejb2(m): 6:20pm On Jun 29, 2022
Righthussle:

Akuko ! Taaaa shutup!

Jehovah will change what ? Ehn ? Jehovah is arresting which situation? So Jehovah can arrest? Jehovah that watched the Owo killing without arresting the killers is now arresting what ? Wetin una dey smoke sef?

See this pulpit bandit. Tell your Jehovah to change things now that a pastor is the vice president of Nigeria.
in Nigeria, people are still burnt for blasphemy.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by Friend22(m): 6:21pm On Jun 29, 2022
JuicCR:
Why Can't Power Go To South East for Once?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPAP9K0DTrI

https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/28/2023-who-says-an-igbo-man-cant-be-president-pastor-enenche-blasts-apc-pdp/?utm_source=break.ma&amp=1

These vile hordes think leadership is gifted.
It is earned!
You don't curse people from other tribes and think they are subhumans while you think you can earn their respect and love.
Let Igbo's learn to respect and tolerate others before seeking to lead over people otherwise, none of them will be rulers over us.

Leadership is earned not gifted.
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by Tomilola360: 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
Because hating on others cant get them there.

They are very hateful beings
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by HilcomTech(m): 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2022
DonMekino:

Unfortunately abi fortunately....that Hausaman is not you and can't be you....you need to understand beyond this and know that these political elites don't give a damn about u

Here you are foaming at the mouth and barking like a rabid dog because of politicians.

Do you realise how DUMB and ST00PEED you sound?
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by membranus: 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2022
Anaerobi:

LoL... Thank God you are a Christain too. So why making it looks like am wrong using the word Daddy?

Just teasing you.
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by Mfetenang: 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2022
Because only a Nigerian can be the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by paduzman: 7:25pm On Jun 29, 2022
dgr8truth:
Peter Obi ticks all the boxes.

If you are for fairness and equity, then it's Peter Obi.
If you are for brilliance, then it's Peter Obi
If you are persuaded by quality experience, then it's Peter Obi, tested and trusted.
If you are for a non controversial candidate with solid background, then it's Peter Obi.
If you are for hope, then surely it's Peter Obi.

Atiku is good, Tinubu is better, but Peter Obi is the best for the future of this country.
well said.
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by HeroicMeastro: 7:31pm On Jun 29, 2022
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by zomby(m): 7:42pm On Jun 29, 2022
Why can’t an Igbo man be president?

Answer:
1. They don’t have strategy, therefore they mostly don’t have much to offer
2. They are too selfish to understand the concept of leading a nation…their minds are so narrow that their final benchmark is only to become a governor. A broad mind is required to lead a nation of over 220m population with multiple tribes
3. They are not United…in fact, bokoharam group has completely stopped killing the igbos simple because the igbos are doing a fantastic job of killing each other.
4. They can’t be trusted; they are very greedy and taking senseless risk is in the blood.
5. They remain the cheapest thing in Nigeria; cheaper than a sachet of pure water…therefore, selling each other at a very cheap price remains business as usual among this group of people.
6. They don’t understand politics and lack basic common sense…This is why Peter Obi (local champion) is yet to visit Owo, Ondo state. I guess, Owo is not Anambra.
FYI: Jagaban visited Owo less than 17 hrs after the killings at the Catholic Church. He also donated money for the victims and the church.

In a nutshell, it takes a lot to be president; a cat must not sit on a lion’s throne; the igbos are the cat, the yorubas and the Hausas are the lion. Until the Igbos understand the power of selflessness, unity, sincerity and integrity, we will never witness an Igbo president for the next 183 yrs.
PRESIDENTIAL POSITION IS NOT FOR EVERY TRIBE
Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by Anaerobi(m): 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2022
membranus:

Just teasing you.

LoL...Am So sorry for taking it serious. I got an annoying mention before yours.... Which made me saw yours from different point of view.

Once again... Am so sorry about that.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche by Mainmanpadi(m): 7:54pm On Jun 29, 2022
Everlastingson:

He's not an ethnic jingoist like you
Charity begins at home

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Saraki Reacts As Buhari Signs Minimum Wage Bill Into Law / Why Buhari Should Not Be Impeached, Kwankwaso Warns Senators / APC Governors Line Up For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.