Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix (47652 Views)

From Salt Lake City To Las Vegas: My Road Trip Pictures / Update Pictures Of My ROADSIDE Trip From California to Las Vegas / Vegas Is Open! Cypaid Traveled To las Vegas Despite Covid 19 Restrictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by newmoney133: 4:56pm On Jul 05, 2022
This will be me in few years to come.Amen

14 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2022
Yes o my brother! Never give up!

newmoney133:

4 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2022
Noted. [quote author=FlippersCare123 post=114434673][/quote]
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 06, 2022
naijamanyoutube:

End of chapter 2.

Let me know if I should make it shorter, or una like this long story form?

Next chapter will be about Uruguay and the things that shocked us for there. Stay tuned.

The long story sweet but anyone wey you prefer and wey go easy for you dey fine.

2 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 6:22am On Jul 06, 2022
Cool.
Felixamos:

The long story sweet but anyone wey you prefer and wey go easy for you dey fine.
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Kuruptnigga: 8:45am On Jul 06, 2022
newmoney133:
Me too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:01am On Jul 06, 2022
Yes o!

Kuruptnigga:
Me too
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Kuruptnigga: 9:08am On Jul 06, 2022
naijamanyoutube:
Yes o!

This year or next year bro. I will be in Canada by the grace of God! Thanks for the post op. Nice job. May God continue to bless you. Please post more pictures.
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by All4good: 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2022
naijamanyoutube:
I went to the mall to use free Wi-Fi at the Apple Store cause it's fast and I had to upload a very big file.

I went to the Fashion Show Mall located on the Las Vegas Strip. The moment I got in, na Afrobeats
them they play o! Naija to the World! Naija for life!

Even when I was in the Apple Store, they also started playing another Afrobeats song.

We dey take over small small.

I love the positive energy you showing on this thread and how you quietly taught kiddo some manners without having to lose yours. You handled it much better than I would.
Great Job, reping the shit-hole grin
Definitely, subscribed to your channel and supporting in anyway I can. More grease man.

7 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by All4good: 3:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
naijamanyoutube:
Where will I start? lol Story long well well.

Let me know if I should make it shorter, or una like this long story form?

Next chapter will be about Uruguay and the things that shocked us for there. Stay tuned.

Wetin long, this one wey you cut, cut grin
Abeg full disclosure required. Things that happened inside the hotel room (pictures if any) grin
Whatever you are comfortable with man, it’s your diary.
More Grace Bro.

1 Like

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 4:04pm On Jul 06, 2022
Yes o! Your dreams will come true, just keep at it.

I have a post on Canada on nairaland. An interview of a Nigerian there. Check it out and learn from his experience.

Thank you for the compliments, and I will post more. Please subscribe on my YouTube channel. I'm trying to hit 100 before I hit the road again.

cc Kuruptnigga

Kuruptnigga:
This year or next year bro. I will be in Canada by the grace of God! Thanks for the post op. Nice job. May God continue to bless you. Please post more pictures.

1 Like

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 4:06pm On Jul 06, 2022
Thank you bros! I will keep reping correct, that way the doors are not closed on the ones yet to travel out.

Thank you for subscribing bro! It means a lot to me. Please share with friends that might benefit from it.

cc All4good

All4good:

I love the positive energy you showing on this thread and how you quietly taught kiddo some manners without having to lose yours. You handled it much better than I would.
Great Job, reping the shit-hole grin
Definitely, subscribed to your channel and supporting in anyway I can. More grease man.
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 4:07pm On Jul 06, 2022
lol

Next chapter is on it's way!

All4good:

Wetin long, this one wey you cut, cut grin
Abeg full disclosure required. Things that happened inside the hotel room (pictures if any) grin
Whatever you are comfortable with man, it’s your diary.
More Grace Bro.
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 4:11pm On Jul 06, 2022
Uruguay -

Here are some of the things that shocked us for Uruguay

Once we arrived at the airport and passed immigration, my brother’s lawyer, who is a lady, came to pick us up. She was there with her boyfriend who also is a lawyer.
I stretched my hand out to shake her, but she instead came close and pecked me on the cheek. That’s how you greet women that are not total strangers.

It took me a while to get used to, but later I started enjoying it. Lol
My older brother got used to it fast because him na bad man. Lol

Second shock: People pay for their own bus fare.

There was a couple we met at church, they will always be hugging and kissing in public, but when they got into the bus, the guy paid for himself and the girl paid for herself. And that’s normal over there.

It was a big shock for me because while in Nigeria going to school in my Oshodi High School uniform, any senior that gets on the same bus pretty much paid for me, even though we don’t know each other.

Shock number 3: When someone invites to go eat outside, it doesn’t mean they are paying for your food. Make sure you have your own money and order according to your pocket.

My brother fell into that trap, and he had zero money for pocket. The other guys had to donate to bail him out. Lol

Shock number 4: Eat well well before going to house party o! They don’t serve food like Naija. Na only biscuits, drinks and cake you go smell.

We learned the hard way. We were starving ourselves before party so we go chop well well like we do in Naija, just to find out no food. Imagine the hunger we endured before getting back home to eat.

Also it's very common to live together as boyfriend and girlfriend in Uruguay, without getting married, and even have kids. Nobody dey push anybody to marry like we do in Nigeria.

Uruguayans are very welcoming.
I made a lot of friends on the streets, and sometimes go to their homes just hours after meeting and sometimes sleep there for some days. It was crazy and fun.

Getting papers for there was pretty easy. You just had to show that you have been in the country legally for 6 months, and you will be issued their temporary residential permit for 1 year. After 1 year you can get permanent for 2 years, then after 5 years become a citizen.

Uruguay being a very small country, it was easy to meet a lot of foreigners from more developed countries, mainly through hip hop, because we were the minority and had to organize the hip hop parties ourselves.
Uruguay was dominated by Cumbia type of music, and Rock n Roll was the only other genre the youth listened to.

So I started chilling with children of rich foreigners in Uruguay for work or business.
It later to a job for me as a Graphic designer.

I also got two acting gigs for tv commercials, for being different.

A funny story: Don’t bring your girlfriend around here!

I met this Uruguayan guy, we became friends, months later he brought his brand new girlfriend to our house to show off. Weeks later, the girl dumped him for my brother. Lol I no tell una say my brother na bad man? Lol

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Samskid310(m): 4:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
Wow everybody looks genuinely happy,in Jax the youngeen are just outside trying to catch a body.News4Jax lost who be doing all the killings
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2022
Samskid310:
Wow everybody looks genuinely happy,in Jax the youngeen are just outside trying to catch a body.News4Jax lost who be doing all the killings
Is this English or pidgin?
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Samskid310(m): 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2022
Lol it's Ebira
Jax mean Jacksonville
News4Jax- TV station
Youngeen- Young gang members
Catch a body- To kill opps

Felixamos:

2 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
Samskid310:
Lol it's Ebira
Jax mean Jacksonville
News4Jax- TV station
Youngeen- Young gang members
Catch a body- To kill opps

Okay, thanks for explaining

2 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 7:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
Lol!
Felixamos:

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Kuruptnigga: 9:54pm On Jul 06, 2022
naijamanyoutube:
Yes o! Your dreams will come true, just keep at it.

I have a post on Canada on nairaland. An interview of a Nigerian there. Check it out and learn from his experience.

Thank you for the compliments, and I will post more. Please subscribe on my YouTube channel. I'm trying to hit 100 before I hit the road again.

cc Kuruptnigga

I will do just that sir! Stay blessed
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by TNORWAY: 11:03pm On Jul 06, 2022
Deltayankeeboi:
Finally, a travel journal thread. Nairaland travel section has been boring for sometime now. Miss the days of Franknetter, Blowjobs, Mackynaija, Lionlee.

Nice thread Mr Naijamanyoutube. Let’s enjoy this.

na danielhouston pain me pass......that Germany guy.

7 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 11:12pm On Jul 06, 2022
Thank you sir!

Kuruptnigga:
I will do just that sir! Stay blessed
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by newcommer: 4:06am On Jul 07, 2022
Great thread OP. Please don't stop posting. I'm enjoying it. My observation is that everywhere is so clean!!!

How do they keep the streets so clean? Do they have street sweepers or something?

2 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 8:44am On Jul 07, 2022
Thank you for viewing and for your feedback.

Yes we have street sweepers, that come one or twice a week. And also the population has been educated on not throwing trash around.
Though some people still throw trash on the floor, but their numbers is very small, so it helps to keep the place clean.

A lot more people will be employed in Nigeria, if they hired a lot of people to keep the streets clean.

And by the way the street sweepers are machines driven by people. I've attached an image below.

And if you have not, please kindly subscribe to my YouTube channel. Thank you.

newcommer:
Great thread OP. Please don't stop posting. I'm enjoying it. My observation is that everywhere is so clean!!!

How do they keep the streets so clean? Do they have street sweepers or something?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:15am On Jul 07, 2022
I had to take my car in to the mechanic, and it was going to take few hours before I can pick it back up, so I walked 1 block
to the nearby park, that has a skateboard park.

It was empty when I got there, this was around 8:45 AM. People started coming later.

I skateboarded for an hour, then sat down and watch others skate.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:17am On Jul 07, 2022
Going up and down a ramp.

4 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:17am On Jul 07, 2022
Down the ramp.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:19am On Jul 07, 2022
Up and down the ramp from a different angle.

6 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:20am On Jul 07, 2022
Down the ramp.

6 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:24am On Jul 07, 2022
Popping an Ollie(skateboard term for making the board go up) into a ramp.

10 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:25am On Jul 07, 2022
Ride down the ramp after the Ollie.

5 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:26am On Jul 07, 2022
Just doing an Ollie on a flat surface.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' / Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) / 3,500 Years Ago, Stone Pillar Was Abandoned During Construction In Egypt(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.