Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. (34315 Views)

Nairalanders Please I Need Your Input On This Job I Have Gotten / Q I Group Of Companies Your Advice Is Needed / I Just Got A Job From Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by mdgreen(m): 1:26pm On Jul 03, 2022
My advice for you is quite the job.
My reason is this, a shop owner buy and resale pure and they make 50naira per bag. My advice for you is either you get a small car or a selling spot close to market then go to the company, let them give you the pure water, when you sale it ,you return their money and keep your profit or better still raise like 50k and start the business. You can start selling your own pure water for 220naira per bag compare to shops who sale 250naira per bag.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by torqque7(m): 1:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Another tout that thinks running a business is only about subtracting cost from profit and payimg workers whatever you like....

its not by force to own business...if your business has not matured beyond paying a full graduate with responsibilities 10-15k for 30days work...then that business is doing more than it should, has too many staff than it should or isnt just ready to be an employer of labour

.if your business has not matured....do it yourself with your family...your justification for paying a graduate 10k-15k month is a bunch of nonsense....its exploitation...
dont sugarcoat it cost of running business and how much you make..

Obviously you don’t have the capacity to reason well so I shouldn’t have engaged you in any form of discourse. Children whey still de chop for mama house wan de follow talk where men dey smh.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by ibechris(m): 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
Alright sir i will definitely appreciate thanks,I'm in kogi state precisely Lokoja the state capital.

With that Lokoja hot sun...kai that employer is indeed wicked.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Rapht933: 1:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
be focus and remember where you are coming from
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Gerrard59(m): 1:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
Trojan8:

Are you dumb? So a graduate asking for more than $25 a month is sense of entitlement? Just look at the way you reason. Nothing in this world would make me do this kind of job.

Yes, and to add it means the "graduate" lacks a basic understanding of economics. Did he tell you where he is located? If you don't like the wage, decline the offer and go work elsewhere.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Peres247(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
Please use your head
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by torqque7(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
DaInferno:
make he d pay am 100k?

U dn run business before so?
Tax, fuel/diesel, light bill and other expenses...anyway undecided

Leave that boy he still de chop mama food for house so he no sabi anything.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by ollybasa: 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
Pls make sure u sign agreement on the 15k per month because l don't trust the managing director, he like u to collect 4 per bag sale
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by MummyE(f): 1:32pm On Jul 03, 2022
Where is your location at the moment .I need someone for a job
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Offpoint1: 1:32pm On Jul 03, 2022
DaInferno:
more and more analysis, op said he was deliberating on which salary structure to take and here you're analysing...still no talk how much make he d pay am. You wanna paint a facade that's in your head. Talking about sane country and stuff that dont apply in the reality we are right now. If you like, make dem pay you 2million naira a month, who no want dey honest no go dey honest.
We live in a country where people are barely trynna make it to the next day, but you say people shouldn't employ people till they have the full capacity to, Really? You need to understand the job ain't by force.

Bro, I say How much make e d pay am?! undecided
I've never insulted anyone since I joined Nairaland 8 years ago.... But guy you be mumu aswear
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Escobar7(m): 1:32pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
Good evening to all great men, women, boys and girls in Nairaland.
without wasting your precious time i will cut the long story short; as the topic stated, I just got a job in a pure water factory as a Driver, after much interaction and oral interview with the manager of the factory and gave me two options to accept either he will be paying me 15k per month or in every sale I made per bag that i will be earning #4. and aside from the salary he promised of giving me #200 everyday to serve as a meal, so out of curiosity I accepted the second option which is #4 per bag... pls which is more preferable, #15k monthly or #4 per bag sold? thanks and remain blessed. Note: Am to resume on Monday.

Wise choice l will say, gets you up and running. Try and work on restaurants, party people and family homes. Be respectful to everyone and trust me, you will make above 50k at month end. Increase your drive, connect with the right market like l mentioned and never forget to look up to God.
You will make it.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by OlawaleBammie: 1:33pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
without wasting your precious time i will cut the long story short; as the topic stated, I just got a job in a pure water factory as a Driver, after much interaction and oral interview with the manager of the factory and gave me two options to accept either he will be paying me 15k per month or in every sale I made per bag that i will be earning #4. and aside from the salary he promised of giving me #200 everyday to serve as a meal, so out of curiosity I accepted the second option which is #4 per bag... pls which is more preferable, #15k monthly or #4 per bag sold? thanks and remain blessed. Note: Am to resume on Monday.
ask to work for some days before u finally decide
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Henryfocoyo(m): 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
WatchYourSix:

You that know how to run business should understand that slavery employment is only being penny wise pound foolish in the long run....u will only set your business up for theft when you pay people scrap money..

..if your business has not grown to the level of paying people minimum wage...dont employ full grown adult with responsibilities for 10-15k and expecting them to do 50k job....its from your busimess they will balance their remaining needs...its that simple
u think those people doimg their business themselves becos the business hasnt grown well are stupíd..??
thank you so much, I have never seen reasonable guy like you for long time. I always tell people this shit but dey will be like what the Bleep are you saying.
You can't be paying a full grown man 20k and expect him not to theft, how will he keep up.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by blesskewe(f): 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
MyExpression:
Please ooo, when did a Driver become a Marketer?

Na you go help them find customer?

Oga, licenced driver no dey find job.
When I buy my car tomorrow, I would still employ a driver.
So you see say, even for my future, you still get job wey dey wait for you!

Get your licence and apply elsewhere.
Atleast 50k monthly, where all you do is DRIVE.

15k divided by 26 working days= 576 naira per day.
You will have to sell 144 bags @N4 to meet N576.

If you can sell more than 144 bags daily, take the N4 per bag.
If not, jejely take the 15k monthly.
Totally agree with you
A licenced driver cannot take that money

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Gbadespet(m): 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:

I will advice you base on the experience I had will working in that same company.
1.This is raining season and don't expect much sales on water .
2. You sales per day will depend on the effectiveness of your sales rep since you are new to the work.
I would have advise you to go out for sales maybe Saturday first before deciding on the plan you like.most time na weekend sales dey come ....
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by coputa(m): 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
You did'nt state who will fuel the truck,if they will fuel the truck for you,the commission is better than the salary.Although,you will be making little money at first,since you ve not gotten much customers but as time goes on,you will make enough sales.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Gbadespet(m): 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
Gbadespet:

I will advice you base on the experience I had will working in that same company.
1.This is raining season and don't expect much sales on water .
2. You sales per day will depend on the effectiveness of your sales rep since you are new to the work.
I would have advise you to go out for sales maybe Saturday first before deciding on the plan you like.most time na weekend sales dey come ....

But to b Candid ,I did that same work 2012 and my salary then was 12k as a sales rep...
15k too small bro...e know really worth am compare to the stress
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by betamannew: 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2022
This is so sad....15k per month is very bad.

In any case, if you need a job and you are around Dopemu)/ Iyana Ipaja axis in Lagos, holla zero-eight-one-six-5-9-0-four-zero-8-4

Or mail imperialhealthandeyeclinic@gmail.com to be booked for an interview on Monday.

Position- Office assistant
Salary- 25k-30k

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by johnnychuks(m): 1:40pm On Jul 03, 2022
tctrills:

Just so you know, I have worked for free in a mechanic village just for the experience. This made me very valuable in my industry at the time. Laziness is never an option. I would instead work for 5k than stay at home doing nothing. We build skills, capacity, and a sense of responsibility through work.
Please stop discouraging young men who are ready to work. Again, we grow from the bottom up and not the other way around.
what did you just say? you work as mechanic just for free, the person you work with is a nice man, you are supposed to pay before acquiring such knowledge, a mechanic that's is a high class skill that's what you are using to compare a driver in a pure water company that you will not add anything into your brain, bro I am not advicing any body to stay idol but Nigerian are good in exploiting people in terms of employment, I want you to comprehend that first, that what some has being trying to illustrate here from the first comment page, because they know you can not do anything, which is very bad, that's what we are trying to put to extinction in Nigeria.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Ezmans: 1:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
Rickmann:

Pls go for the 15k monthly..
but how can a company pay someone who ill be siting untop of car engine 15 k per month?
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by excess4luv: 1:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
bachelor degree in biology at benue state university. 2011 second class lower 2.2.

At this point I paused.

A BSC as far back as 2011 and you are facing this option as a job
What have you been doing all these years?? Simply shows you aren't adding value to your life.

Oga go and get a skill no matter how small. There is no way you will not make 1k daily.
Try generator repairs, electrical wiring, hair cut services, laundry services, bike mechanic, or look into growing agricultural crops ranging from pepper, vegetables etc, these things will put more money into your pocket with peace of mind

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Halo22: 1:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
Chai.... Look at where this country has reached in declination. A university graduate collecting 15k monthly, God forbid. How much I dey pay sales girl that just stays one place to attend to customers? Why don't you find teaching job? I think it z better off.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by doggedfighter(f): 1:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
pocohantas:

4 * 200 is N800. Or is my Maths skills messed up? 800 * 30 days, assuming he works every single day of the month is N24,000.

You mean 24000 a month is part of being blessed?

I am suspecting your maths skill cheesy
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Kingkum: 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
@JaphetGold

which year did you graduate in benue state university? you must be super intelligent to pull a clean 2:1 in that cursed economics department cos during my time, only 3 out of 600+ that got it. there was not a single first class during my stay there.

i can never forget my stay in that school cos i really went through alot in the hands of those saddist lecturers, las las i drop out because of sickness with no certificate till now.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Trojan8(m): 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
bluefilm:

Since you are only good in selling your time and services for money, I'd advise you then to carry your nonsense self, time and services to a higher bidder rather than telling me to change my Wage structure for you simply because you are the first & ONLY graduate in Nigeria.

Thunder faya you. angry

Did I tell you that I would like to work for you? You must think everyone is as pathetic as you are. I have a worker, with an OND. And she receives more than 60k every single month. I am not heartless like you.

Have a lovely day!
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Mattwillz: 1:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
merit455:
Were is your location,I can get you a better job
sir pls help me with a job with accomodation..i'm an ssce holder in anambra
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by WatchYourSix: 1:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
torqque7:

Obviously you don’t have the capacity to reason well so I shouldn’t have engaged you in any form of discourse. Children whey still de chop for mama house wan de follow talk where men dey smh.

Nairalanders..always wanting people to agree with them..lol....
U dont have to agree with me..
I dont have to agree with you..
But u feel insulting me will make you lool bigger...welldone...plus and minus business man...
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Biggers82(m): 1:44pm On Jul 03, 2022
I advise you to leave the job and become jobless again. That's will be good
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Trojan8(m): 1:44pm On Jul 03, 2022
Gerrard59:

Yes, and to add it means the "graduate" lacks a basic understanding of economics. Did he tell you where he is located? If you don't like the wage, decline the offer and go work elsewhere.

Sure I understand where you are coming from, but what is the essence of beating a dead horse? The man graduated since 2011, and yet still contemplating if he should do a "job" of 15k. That aside, this doesn't excuse the employer paying such an outrageous amount.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Sacrednes: 1:44pm On Jul 03, 2022
Abeg delete this stuff
. No be watin them fit read twice..
What nonsense angry
Nozino:

The employer suggested a base salary of 15k. This wasn’t commission based. Minimum wage aside, how do you pay someone 15k? Why is this an option? A T shirt is 20k and a Jean 30k. How would the workers survive present day Nigeria?

Dear OP, if you do decide to take this job, please steal as much as you can.

It is morally wrong to offer adults such compensation and the only reason employers do this is because they know people have no choice but to take it.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Emeraldfynest(m): 1:45pm On Jul 03, 2022
I just sent you a request on Facebook sir, I will like to benefit from the scholarship for IT skills.
japhethGold:

Haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil
Heey heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

This is how wicked and bad Nigeria has become? you have degree and some one wanted to pay u 15k salary per month ?

Hmm. God have mercy on our generation and deliver us all in Jesus Name.

Do you see that we need to start stoning politicians who have been in politics since 2009 whenever we see them?

Before I left Nigeria, my driver had just finished secondary school then but I used to pay him 40,000 Naira salary monthly. After 6 months of service I confirmed him and increased the pay to N50,000 monthly. Personally, I have a degree and I know the pain people go through to study for degrees so I can not pay a degree holder N15k per month. I will never.

I will advise you to leave Lokoja and go to lagos even if you have no place to sleep. Go to Unilag or Yaba tech and be sleeping there while searching for job. I am not a theorist; I am telling you what I did when I first got to Lagos. I had no one but I refused to sit in my home state Benue to earn N10k salary after obtaining 2.1 degree in Economics.

It was not an easy journey for me ooo. But I am a Born Again Christian so I studied the Bible and prayed and fought toothlessly until God Almighty settled me.

I became a chartered accountant in Lagos; I owed my audit firm and employed graduates and chartered accountants to work for my firm. I lived in lekki with my family uptil last year. And today my family and I have left Nigeria when the economic situation began to deteriorate beyond repairs under Buhari tsunami regime.

I have shared my story just to motivate you. Your God and degree can make way for you in Lagos if you know what you studied in the Uni.

Today my wife, my three handsome sons and I are all living in the United Kingdom.

I pray my God will make a way for you in Jesus Name.

Finally, connect me on facebook(Japheth Jev), perhaps you may qualify for one of my scholarships to learn IT skill or take ICAN professional exams which can change your story, through Jesus Christ.

Thanks and stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Oluchiugo: 1:46pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
bachelor degree in biology at benue state university. 2011 second class lower 2.2.
@OP, pls download"LinkedIn" and update your status. It is painful that a fully grown Graduate in Nigeria has to settle for a 15k job. However, the Lord is your strenght never give up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook / Today Is My Last Day Of Work, Wish Me Good Luck. / Pastors & Evangelists Wanted: The Punch Advert I Saw Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.