Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,754 members, 7,831,419 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. (34413 Views)

Nairalanders Please I Need Your Input On This Job I Have Gotten / Q I Group Of Companies Your Advice Is Needed / I Just Got A Job From Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Bifas1: 12:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
15k is better.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Shigabs(m): 12:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
Alright sir i will definitely appreciate thanks,I'm in kogi state precisely Lokoja the state capital.
Kogi state is the worse state to be now in Nigeria, The hardship there is second to none.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by clockwisereport: 12:50pm On Jul 03, 2022
Monzze:

Pls, you can also help me if there's slot available.
I also reside in Kogi State, Bsc Sociology.
go and read longman6's post to understand what you can do with a degree in sociology
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Candidlady: 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2022
Nozino:

The employer suggested a base salary of 15k. This wasn’t commission based. Minimum wage aside, how do you pay someone 15k? Why is this an option? A T shirt is 20k and a Jean 30k. How would the workers survive present day Nigeria?

Dear OP, if you do decide to take this job, please steal as much as you can.

It is morally wrong to offer adults such compensation and the only reason employers do this is because they know people have no choice but to take it.

@bolded
cheesy cheesy
Although this your advice is wrong
But you are indeed a good person..
Lol
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by zedegit: 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2022
Nozino:

The employer suggested a base salary of 15k. This wasn’t commission based. Minimum wage aside, how do you pay someone 15k? Why is this an option? A T shirt is 20k and a Jean 30k. How would the workers survive present day Nigeria?

It is morally wrong to offer adults such compensation and the only reason employers do this is because they know people have no choice but to take it.

Which T-shirt is 20k? Are you going for designer wears patronized by celebrities that earn in millions while managing #20 000 monthly salary.

Are you doing me? Yes I know things are expensive but even at that don't complicate issues for yourself.
Go for okrika.
#second hand
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Holysax29(m): 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
Good evening to all great men, women, boys and girls in Nairaland.
without wasting your precious time i will cut the long story short; as the topic stated, I just got a job in a pure water factory as a Driver, after much interaction and oral interview with the manager of the factory and gave me two options to accept either he will be paying me 15k per month or in every sale I made per bag that i will be earning #4. and aside from the salary he promised of giving me #200 everyday to serve as a meal, so out of curiosity I accepted the second option which is #4 per bag... pls which is more preferable, #15k monthly or #4 per bag sold? thanks and remain blessed. Note: Am to resume on Monday.

You need capital to start a business and if not, learn handwork. I pray you don't regret taking the job.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by ibinaboonline: 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
A wise man is talking. More wisdom to you, bro.
WatchYourSix:

You that know how to run business should understand that slavery employment is only being penny wise pound foolish in the long run....u will only set your business up for theft when you pay people scrap money..

..if your business has not grown to the level of paying people minimum wage...dont employ full grown adult with responsibilities for 10-15k and expecting them to do 50k job....its from your busimess they will balance their remaining needs
u think those people doimg their business themselves are stupíd..
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by sseunth(m): 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
i once worked with a pure water factory and i remember then that we do nothing less than 400bags daily in sales. if you can connect with retailers, u will be doing high figures easily with the 4/bag.....i cant say if this is possible in kogi but can be done easily in ib
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by johnnychuks(m): 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
tctrills:

Ok let him sleep in his house and die of hunger. You guys fail to understand that 9ja is a very poor country and you must be willing to work hard to survive.
Must people are not as privileged as you. Must need to do these kind of jobs to make ends meet.
What would you advise him to do, to beg?
bros it is better we know what we need, that man will not die, I will advice him to stay clear of that job, so the job we not lead him into crime, a better job is coming for him, that's not a job not to talk of work, that's total slavery, wudnt him transport to the place you are calling work for him, calculate the transport first.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Saintinoo(m): 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
bachelor degree in biology at benue state university. 2011 second class lower 2.2.

OP go and manage 15k teaching job, then use the free time to look for other Jobs and di other side hustle. It is better than working morning till night for 15k.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Mogajunior(m): 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
merit455:
Were is your location,I can get you a better job
Good day sir. Please I am a job seeker residing in Lagos state. I would appreciate if you can help me secure a job here. Thank you.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Reeb2244: 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
DaInferno:
make he d pay am 100k?

U dn run business before so?
Tax, fuel/diesel, light bill and other expenses...anyway undecided
You are too stupid to reason like a human being.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by zedegit: 12:54pm On Jul 03, 2022
OJURONGBE1:

This cannot get a loaf of bread and nuts, not to talk of mama put anymore.
Take the job and be on the look out for better job.
You must have heard stories of people earning half a milli to a million naira monthly telling stories of how they started.

Mamaput is #300 rice - #500 swallow in my area but #150 can get you bread Sha.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Psoul(m): 12:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
Good evening to all great men, women, boys and girls in Nairaland.
without wasting your precious time i will cut the long story short; as the topic stated, I just got a job in a pure water factory as a Driver, after much interaction and oral interview with the manager of the factory and gave me two options to accept either he will be paying me 15k per month or in every sale I made per bag that i will be earning #4. and aside from the salary he promised of giving me #200 everyday to serve as a meal, so out of curiosity I accepted the second option which is #4 per bag... pls which is more preferable, #15k monthly or #4 per bag sold? thanks and remain blessed. Note: Am to resume on Monday.

Accepting the second option made you to be on dual job.
You will be a driver and at the same time the salesman.
So, know it that any day you did not work, no money for you.
During rainy season, your pay will drop so much.
Your pay will depend on market demand and how ready you are to work extra time.
If your vehicle becomes faulty on the way, no money.

On the other hand, if you can sell very well atleast up to 20 to 25 days in a month, you will have slightly more pay than the one with fixed pay
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by damoobaba: 12:56pm On Jul 03, 2022
Archworld:

If you have a smart phone and you are not ashame, you don't need this job
I distribute POS nationwide and most of my sales are from marketers . They earn commission from each sales and here you are intending to depend on 15k/month. My brother put your brain to work.
Some of my marketers earn 60-90k per month just buy using their phone to share my promotional materials

Apart from mine, there are so many things I believe you can learn from the comment here. Plan your life and get started. Stop enslaving yourself

What's the details of this job?
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Konjiboii: 12:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
Mehnn people are truly struggling and to think you write English so we'll.. God help us in this country, hope you have your PVC and know who to root for sha, for your own good and ours.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by alloy123: 12:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
God forbid 15k for a job as a driver...he should better make an urgent plan b...15k in Buhari regime.....its nonsense.....
WatchYourSix:

You that know how to run business should understand that slavery employment is only being penny wise pound foolish in the long run....u will only set your business up for theft when you pay people scrap money..

..if your business has not grown to the level of paying people minimum wage...dont employ full grown adult with responsibilities for 10-15k and expecting them to do 50k job....its from your busimess they will balance their remaining needs...its that simple
u think those people doimg their business themselves becos the business hasnt grown well are stupíd..??
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by zedegit: 12:58pm On Jul 03, 2022
AmazingELixir:
shocked

Good gracious N15k per month in this country at this particular time.....paddyman how on earth do you intend to survive with that peanut.

Guy instead of this kind of underemployment why not consider selling of bulk foodstuffs...like travelling to the country side to buy harvested crops from local farmers transporting it to the city centre to trade off or even supply to hotels and eateries, its far better and more profitable than suffering for N15k a month.

You forgot insecurity challenges in your country. Op can easily get kidnapped or slaughtered by Buhari's kinsmen.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by tctrills: 12:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
johnnychuks:
bros it is better we know what we need, that man will not die, I will adviy him to stay clear of that job, so the job we not lead him into crime, a better job is coming for him, that's not a job not to talk of work, that's total slavery, wudnt him transport to the place you are calling work for him, calculate the transport first.
Are you saying that people earn 15k are criminals. Don't you know that it is idleness that leads to crime? When you say a better job is coming for him, are you going to give it to him. Jobs don't come for us, we apply for jobs, we search for jobs. Unfortunately, Nigeria is a poor country so most of the jobs are poor jobs.
You obviously don't know the meaning of slavery. If you do, you would know that idleness is a curse. Don't you know that it is much easier to get a better job if you have years of experience even from poorer jobs? You obviously are one of the privileged ones, you don't understand what is going on. Please don't advice anyone to be jobless.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Ahmedie28(m): 12:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
bachelor degree in biology at benue state university. 2011 second class lower 2.2.
you could have learn a skill since you graduated, please think out of box you can do better than this,
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 1:00pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
I'll rather starve to death Dan accepting those offers.. why not try catering work?
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by damoobaba: 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
Mogajunior:
Good day sir. Please I am a job seeker residing in Lagos state. I would appreciate if you can help me secure a job here. Thank you.

There are several jobs that will give you accommodation sef. Where do you stay in Lagos?
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Trojan8(m): 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
iHart:
can you pay #50 per sachet of water so the driver can earn more?

If after reading what I said, this is what your brain could come up with. Then I don't have words for you.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by babyfaceafrica: 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:

This is sad

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by tctrills: 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
damoobaba:

There are several jobs that will give you accommodation sef. Where do you stay in Lagos?
Please try and get the young man a job, don't just raise his hope. If the jobs come with accommodation, it doesn't matter where he stays.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by babyfaceafrica: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2022
Nozino:

The employer suggested a base salary of 15k. This wasn’t commission based. Minimum wage aside, how do you pay someone 15k? Why is this an option? [b]A T shirt is 20k and a Jean 30k. [/b]How would the workers survive present day Nigeria?

Where are you people buying your things? 30k for jeans me? And it will still fade o
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by akanbiaa(m): 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
Nozino:

Hope you know you can still get T Shirt of 200k and above and jeans of 300k and above and likewise get for 2k and 3k respectively.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by eleko1: 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
sad cheap labour or simply put,SLAVERY. A driver should earn more than that.How much come be motor boy money,7k I guess?

If those ones decide to steal his money/abscond with the day money now sad

Beta leave his kabu kabu
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
U Don minit. shocked
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by zedegit: 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
Kindness218:
Where is your location? I have a driving job of 40k per month, with accommodation. 3 people to 1 room

Das1mama

Check out the feasibility of this offer. I hope you're security conscious too.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by moshuur(m): 1:08pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
ahhhhh.....mehhnnn.
May God punish those politicians that made our country this way.
Unfortunately, curse no dey work for their body.
oga oooo
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by dangoteinlaw: 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
Op why not migrate to anambra state. The other tread I saw alot of good comments about it being the Nigeria investment hub lol.
If u enter Lagos now u start planning how to take Lagos from the original founders hehe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Important: Notice to Jobseekers / How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / Lagos State To Engage 4,000 Graduates In Internship, To Pay 40,000 Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.