Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,457 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. (34362 Views)

Nairalanders Please I Need Your Input On This Job I Have Gotten / Q I Group Of Companies Your Advice Is Needed / I Just Got A Job From Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by AgentGoat: 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
Good evening to all great men, women, boys and girls in Nairaland.
without wasting your precious time i will cut the long story short; as the topic stated, I just got a job in a pure water factory as a Driver, after much interaction and oral interview with the manager of the factory and gave me two options to accept either he will be paying me 15k per month or in every sale I made per bag that i will be earning #4. and aside from the salary he promised of giving me #200 everyday to serve as a meal, so out of curiosity I accepted the second option which is #4 per bag... pls which is more preferable, #15k monthly or #4 per bag sold? thanks and remain blessed. Note: Am to resume on Monday.

Don't take that useless job. Look for schools they pay better.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by advanceDNA: 3:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
panini:
This topic and some comments are demoralising. Left to some people, they'll bring back slavery.
If the business model cannot accommodate at least the minimum wage, it's a non viable business model.

U will not die young jaré...

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by sherylbaky(f): 3:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
WatchYourSix:
People are evil ooo..15k per month in this harsh economy....when the employee now steal your money you'll start lamenting how you helped him with a job and pay you back with wrong.....

Some employers are just setting themselves up with all these cheap labour.....i domt care how much your cost of production is... if you cant pay decent salary, then you are not ready to be an employer of labor...do it with your family
This is exactly what I use to tell people
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Das1mama: 3:50pm On Jul 03, 2022
Laideabdulahi:

Do you have an experience driving an Executive or better still are you an "Executive Driver) (e.g. MD, COO, CCO, CFO), pls dm me for discussion . Salary is above #100,000.

Please if you don't have such experience don't bother. Reference will be carried out to your last employer for confirmations.

Thank you.
Sir i'm 100% sure and competent if a trial is given. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by FaithBrain1994(m): 3:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
Shea your phone calculator spoil ni na im make you no calculate well? 100bags of pure water is how much? Barely 400naira plus daily. This is raining season and you may not sell that number everyday. Are there no other water factories there that are competitors? What will happen in a case the vehicle is faulty and may take hours or a day(s) to fix? Baba suffer no dey tire you?
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Das1mama: 3:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
homegirl1:

God of Mercy N15,000 In this harsh economy. Chai!!. How I wish I can help you with a better job. God please raise men and women that can help this young man . He needs a better job. I am emotionally down now.
Thanks so much for your care and affection, God's Blessing shall never depart from you and your family. Amen.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by OChimex: 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
without wasting your precious time i will cut the long story short; as the topic stated, I just got a job in a pure water factory as a Driver, after much interaction and oral interview with the manager of the factory and gave me two options to accept either he will be paying me 15k per month or in every sale I made per bag that i will be earning #4. and aside from the salary he promised of giving me #200 everyday to serve as a meal, so out of curiosity I accepted the second option which is #4 per bag... pls which is more preferable, #15k monthly or #4 per bag sold? thanks and remain blessed. Note: Am to resume on Monday.

The 15k monthly is evil. Thats how wicked Nigerians are to each other but they choose to blame their leaders.
Just take style ask their daily sales to see how many bags they sell daily/monthly. That shows you what to expect. Then if the sales can fetch you 15k or almost 15k accept to be paid per bag. All you need do is increase your hustle, advertise your water, look for new customers, and give special treatment to the existing customers. Be friends with your customers. You are good to go.

Avoid cutting corners, God will bless your hustle.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Das1mama: 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2022
kingdestiny:

Go for d 15k
Noted sir.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Zealoy(m): 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2022
Chai #15k is too poor man! Here in lagos the lowest sales girl receive is #25,000, i pay my staff #30k and even thinking of increasing the salary mext year
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by MediMedi(m): 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
Oh God,we I feel like crying
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by longifilis(m): 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
ok sir, i will be forever grateful and indebted to you. thanks in anticipation.

Indebted?
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by PeaceNexus(m): 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
This shows that you have never owned a business before. Entrepreneurship doesn't look at your face.....make the slightest mistake and your business goes under.

Some of these businesses manage to survive in this harsh economy. If the guy feels that the pay is poor he should open his own business or better still get a Keke or taxi. Do not steal your employers money else you are common criminal!
WatchYourSix:
People are evil ooo..15k per month in this harsh economy....when the employee now steal your money you'll start lamenting how you helped him with a job and pay you back with wrong.....

Some employers are just setting themselves up with all these cheap labour.....i domt care how much your cost of production is... if you cant pay decent salary, then you are not ready to be an employer of labor...do it with your family
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Das1mama: 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
ojun50:

I will advice you reject that job and look for another, in my area they pay them #10 per bags and those are doing well with other runs
Seen. thanks for your input brother.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Das1mama: 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
Gbadespet:

I will advice you base on the experience I had will working in that same company.
1.This is raining season and don't expect much sales on water .
2. You sales per day will depend on the effectiveness of your sales rep since you are new to the work.
I would have advise you to go out for sales maybe Saturday first before deciding on the plan you like.most time na weekend sales dey come ....
OK brother, Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by iamL(f): 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2022
tctrills:

Nobody is exploiting you. Just learn to be hardworking and you would be blessed. We all want plenty money but you need to start from somewhere.

I noticed that comments like this usually comes from very wicked employers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Das1mama: 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
ask to work for some days before u finally decide
ok sir. thanks
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by rockyh(m): 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
send me your account details privately

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by iamL(f): 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
Noted sir.

E be like say suffer nor dey tire you.

Why haven't you been replying those who reached out to you on the thread with better options?

Or is this a format?

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Sheuns(m): 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm not saying I'm the best business man out there. Y'all are so quick to analyse and criticise without giving ANY VALUABLE ANSWER to the questions asked.
You don't even look at the items bought in order to produce the satchet water you look at so commonly. You have no idea the money involved in setting up and managing a water factory because of course,you haven't sat down to look at it critically. Satchet water of 200 naira?!
You whom is talking here is not even an entrepreneur to start with. I don't think you have paid upto to 10 people salary at once in your life. 15k is small, but trying paying 10 people after buying diesel and light bill amongst other things lemme see if you can take home any reasonable thing to still maintain the business.

(I know you'll pretend not to care or know, after all, you're just after your money) So I ask again, na how make e d pay am? 100k?

NO PUN intended

At least 40k is okay. 15k is too meager. An astute business person should take his staff welfare very seriously, that’ll drive better productivity from the staff.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Das1mama: 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
japhethGold:

Haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil
Heey heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

This is how wicked and bad Nigeria has become? you have degree and some one wanted to pay u 15k salary per month ?

Hmm. God have mercy on our generation and deliver us all in Jesus Name.

Do you see that we need to start stoning politicians who have been in politics since 2009 whenever we see them?

Before I left Nigeria, my driver had just finished secondary school then but I used to pay him 40,000 Naira salary monthly. After 6 months of service I confirmed him and increased the pay to N50,000 monthly. Personally, I have a degree and I know the pain people go through to study for degrees so I can not pay a degree holder N15k per month. I will never.

I will advise you to leave Lokoja and go to lagos even if you have no place to sleep. Go to Unilag or Yaba tech and be sleeping there while searching for job. I am not a theorist; I am telling you what I did when I first got to Lagos. I had no one but I refused to sit in my home state Benue to earn N10k salary after obtaining 2.1 degree in Economics.

It was not an easy journey for me ooo. But I am a Born Again Christian so I studied the Bible and prayed and fought toothlessly until God Almighty settled me.

I became a chartered accountant in Lagos; I owed my audit firm and employed graduates and chartered accountants to work for my firm. I lived in lekki with my family uptil last year. And today my family and I have left Nigeria when the economic situation began to deteriorate beyond repairs under Buhari tsunami regime.

I have shared my story just to motivate you. Your God and degree can make way for you in Lagos if you know what you studied in the Uni.

Today my wife, my three handsome sons and I are all living in the United Kingdom.

I pray my God will make a way for you in Jesus Name.

Finally, connect me on facebook(Japheth Jev), perhaps you may qualify for one of my scholarships to learn IT skill or take ICAN professional exams which can change your story, through Jesus Christ.

Thanks and stay blessed.
Your words are full of light, it lift's the spirit of Christ in a man. Thank you so much for your time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by tctrills: 4:08pm On Jul 03, 2022
iamL:

I noticed that comments like this usually comes from very wicked employers.
You are free to call me wicked if that makes you happy. It's time you guys stop being lazy and put in your best effort to rise from poverty.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Das1mama: 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
excess4luv:

At this point I paused.

A BSC as far back as 2011 and you are facing this option as a job
What have you been doing all these years?? Simply shows you aren't adding value to your life.

Oga go and get a skill no matter how small. There is no way you will not make 1k daily.
Try generator repairs, electrical wiring, hair cut services, laundry services, bike mechanic, or look into growing agricultural crops ranging from pepper, vegetables etc, these things will put more money into your pocket with peace of mind
Noted sir thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by iHart(m): 4:11pm On Jul 03, 2022
Trojan8:

If after reading what I said, this is what your brain could come up with. Then I don't have words for you.
come on, let's have a discussion. It is easy to say an employer of labour should pay minimum wage without considering what the company makes. There are a lot of factors that determine the price of labour; the worth of the firm requesting for the labour, the demand for the labour, value of service/product the labour offers, what the employer of labour makes from the services of the labourer etc. This is why a medical doctor does not earn the same as a nurse, neither does a cook earn the same as an accountant, a mason will not earn the same as an architect etc.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Das1mama: 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
iamL:

E be like say suffer nor dey tire you.

Why haven't you been replying those who reached out to you on the thread with better options?

Or is this a format?
My Battery has being down since morning and pertaining the reply, you can refresh to review my replies. thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Das1mama: 4:18pm On Jul 03, 2022
rockyh:
send me your account details privately
Jesus!!! thank you so much sir God Almighty Bless you and reward you richly Amen.
2171721641, UBA
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by showbiz4all27(m): 4:18pm On Jul 03, 2022
I love how you outlined and emphasized on your points.

You're 100% correct on not having loyal staff hence it might be the beginning of collapsing the business cos the few staff around will be staging an avenue to catch out quickly either by stealing or eluding with the owners money.

WatchYourSix:

Business men like you only understands profit and cost implications to maximize your gain... running a business goes beyond profit minus cost..
...that's why many of you come abroad and start breaking laws because you want to maximize profit ...

.... i dont care how much your cost of production is...i said it to you before...if your business is not ready to employ many staffs and pay minimum wage.....then dont.... run it with few people or run it yourself or with your family

One of the disadvantages of paying people scrap is that you are not only setting yourself up for possible theft...you will never have loyal people..

you will keep hiring because no one will grow with you...even petrol station business in nigeria does these things...pay sales attendant that work from 6am to 9pm 10k for a month...most of them complain of the same thing .."theft and staff leaving after a fee months"

. if you are in a sane country, where the goverment enforces minimum wage accross all sectors...u think u can pay any one 10k per month because of your cost of production or because you have not broken even...
Its exploitation, theres no how you want to justify it......

.u dont even know me and u are just assuming whats not...because you want to show yourself... tellimg me i pretend not to care....who doeant care btw me and you....you that want to employ people to do 50k job but pay them 10k and expect them to be loyal...

anyways you are in useless country .... u can employ people and pay them 5k per month all you want...its people like you that even ask for HND and BSC....
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by DaInferno(m): 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2022
Offpoint1:

I've never insulted anyone since I joined Nairaland 8 years ago.... But guy you be mumu aswear
likewise...u be goat
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Nozino: 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2022
Neddyogu:

It's also morally wrong for u to ask someone to steal. Haba!
@op pls show that although u ain't rich, u ain't no thief either. Work with honour and ur way will open. Whatever you do, don't steal.

When you pay adults 15k, you are essentially asking then to steal. How else do you expect them to survive? From the salary?
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by iHart(m): 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2022
Nozino:

There’s a reason we have a minimum wage law which I’m sure applies to this employer ( I’m sure a pure water factory has more than 10 workers). If we were in a country that works, the employer should be in jail.
if we are in a country that works, you will pay nothing less than #100 for just one sachet of water.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Das1mama: 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2022
longifilis:

Indebted?
Yes sir i know what I'm saying...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Dear Scammers If You Must Post A Fake Job Do It Right... Lol / What Is A Cover Letter? How To Write One. Sample Template. / How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.