Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. (34368 Views)

Nairalanders Please I Need Your Input On This Job I Have Gotten / Q I Group Of Companies Your Advice Is Needed / I Just Got A Job From Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Diligent1(f): 12:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm not saying I'm the best business man out there. Y'all are so quick to analyse and criticise without giving ANY VALUABLE ANSWER to the questions asked.
You don't even look at the items bought in order to produce the satchet water you look at so commonly. You have no idea the money involved in setting up and managing a water factory because of course,you haven't sat down to look at it critically. Satchet water of 200 naira?!
You whom is talking here is not even an entrepreneur to start with. I don't think you have paid upto to 10 people salary at once in your life. 15k is small, but trying paying 10 people after buying diesel and light bill amongst other things lemme see if you can take home any reasonable thing to still maintain the business.

(I know you'll pretend not to care or know, after all, you're just after your money) So I ask again, na how make e d pay am? 100k?

NO PUN intended
There is no justification for this, N15,000 can not feed him in a month.
The employer is wicked for a driving job that requires energy.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
Good evening to all great men, women, boys and girls in Nairaland.
without wasting your precious time i will cut the long story short; as the topic stated, I just got a job in a pure water factory as a Driver, after much interaction and oral interview with the manager of the factory and gave me two options to accept either he will be paying me 15k per month or in every sale I made per bag that i will be earning #4. and aside from the salary he promised of giving me #200 everyday to serve as a meal, so out of curiosity I accepted the second option which is #4 per bag... pls which is more preferable, #15k monthly or #4 per bag sold? thanks and remain blessed. Note: Am to resume on Monday.

Anyone help how can I Unread this Please Eeeei. What exactly Is going on. God please Abeg oOoo..

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by DaddyNimo(m): 12:26pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
without wasting your precious time i will cut the long story short; as the topic stated, I just got a job in a pure water factory as a Driver, after much interaction and oral interview with the manager of the factory and gave me two options to accept either he will be paying me 15k per month or in every sale I made per bag that i will be earning #4. and aside from the salary he promised of giving me #200 everyday to serve as a meal, so out of curiosity I accepted the second option which is #4 per bag... pls which is more preferable, #15k monthly or #4 per bag sold? thanks and remain blessed. Note: Am to resume on Monday.
Firstly never take such decision on the spot....you could have said you'd go and think about it and come back. You pick earning N4 per bag sold is putting your earnings to chance....if the company doesn't produce enuf bags to sell you earn small, if customers don't buy many bags of water you earn small.....
Secondly, 15000 per month (25 working days is 600 per day) that means you'd have to sell 150 bags of water earning N4 to make that 15k....do you think dats possible?? Well you might be a hard worker tho and sell even up to 500 bags on few good days and dip down to less than 100 bags on bad days....so the choice is yours really...but if I were you, I'd pick 15k monthly, and still make extra by over pricing to some customers.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 03, 2022
Just resign

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by bluefilm: 12:26pm On Jul 03, 2022
WatchYourSix:
People are evil ooo..15k per month in this harsh economy....when the employee now steal your money you'll start lamenting how you helped him with a job and pay you back with wrong.....

Some employers are just setting themselves up with all these cheap labour.....i domt care how much your cost of production is... if you cant pay decent salary, then you are not ready to be an employer of labor...

Why are you complaining?

Did you ask the OP where the office is located?

Did you think of how much the pure water company is really making before they can pay wages?

You just assumed it is slave labor already because you heard 15K wages angry

Don't let your entitlement mentality send you to an early grave.

Nonsense. sad
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Proudlyomonna: 12:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
bmdmix11:
Both is a no no, rest

Rest and do what?
Cross his feet and let hunger shift his waist?
Let him do d job,then use 5k to register with Job agencies that will give him something better.
There is nothing that can be worse than staying idle as a man undecided

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Ceejay8: 12:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
Quit the job
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by damoobaba: 12:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
NEIGHBOUR:

God!!! Can't believe this!!!���
Omo, that's suffering.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by livinbygrace: 12:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
bachelor degree in biology at benue state university. 2011 second class lower 2.2.

U be graduate since 2011,oboy stop wasting your time,go and learn hand work,trade or skill.
Stop wasting your time.I know someone with 2.1 best graduating in his department and till date he is gotten no reasonable offer.
Nigerian graduate ,stop wasting your time,by waiting for white collar jobs.Go learn hand work,Trade or any skill.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Monzze: 12:29pm On Jul 03, 2022
merit455:
Were is your location,I can get you a better job

Pls, you can also help me if there's slot available.
I also reside in Kogi State, Bsc Sociology.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by TollMind: 12:29pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:

If I were you I would go for that #4 per bag, theys no way you won’t sell up to a 1000 bags a day, do your calculations, especially when the dry season comes in, some days you might sell up to 8000bags depending on how smart you are and how interactive you are with your costumers, especially when you know the area too well, I know guys who are hustling make up to 500k a month during the dry season and you could even get your own vehicle thereby raising the bar on your commission, work smart guy not hard, if you even sell the least of 200 bags a day at that commission of #4, you would get more than that 15k, although you would sell more than 200bags a day, you would regret your decision if you ever take that 15k, just to be clear, ask other drivers working there what their deal was with the management

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by generalwo(m): 12:29pm On Jul 03, 2022
Nigeria has failed you... Nigeria has failed me... It has failed us all... If not, man for no dey ask for opinions on 15k.... Less than $30....that being said, I suggest you go with the fixed sum of 15k...whixh means, whether u sell or u no sell.... 15k is sure at the end of the month...... Please don't get comfortable on such a job..... While at it, improve yourself and seek better opportunities...... 150k no be money.... Talkless of 15k.....May God see us all through... Especially those who have chosen the path of hardwork and not crime...... One love bro

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by johnnychuks(m): 12:29pm On Jul 03, 2022
Unclesamo:

GOLDEN WORDS.

I DOUBT IF HE WOULD BE ABLE TO COMPREHEND FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEW.
. He will never comprehend, cause he has a bandict hart and slavery hart too, those are the kind of people supporting Tinubu and Atiku.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by AKEEMNAS(m): 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
Nozino:

The employer suggested a base salary of 15k. This wasn’t commission based. Minimum wage aside, how do you pay someone 15k? Why is this an option? A T shirt is 20k and a Jean 30k. How would the workers survive present day Nigeria?

Dear OP, if you do decide to take this job, please steal as much as you can.

It is morally wrong to offer adults such compensation and the only reason employers do this is because they know people have no choice but to take it.

Dear Nozino, thus is a very bad advise to give anyone. Even if the conditions of the job isn't favourable in the current situation in the Nigerian economy. He didn't state he was forced to take the job.
Nozino don't be part of the problem we have today in this Country. Be content and avoid stealing everyone.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by akanbiaa(m): 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
You already choose one naw, or can the terms be changed to just salary ? My advice is if the pure water has household name (good will) the per bag sales is best for you but if it is a pure water yet to penetrate the market and have reputation of its own then salary is best.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by funshint(m): 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
What kind of slave work is this? Take the 15,000 per month job while looking for other jobs. If you know you can drive why don't you look for a transport company to work for? Hanhan what is this for God sake cry

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Proudlyomonna: 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
Thank you so much sir

What's your location?
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
bluefilm:

Why are you complaining?

Did you ask the OP where the office is located?

Did you think of how much the pure water company is really making before they can pay wages?

You just assumed it is slave labor already because you heard 15K wages angry

Don't let your entitlement mentality send you to an early grave.

Nonsense. sad

Guy rest abeg, Na nonsense you dey yarn. Be careful make I no send Alabi come your side con deal with you..grin
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by pocohantas(f): 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
Opmic:
Both Pay are useless, but the 4 naira par bag is better you can work hard and be blessed with selling 200 bags daily.

4 * 200 is N800. Or is my Maths skills messed up? 800 * 30 days, assuming he works every single day of the month is N24,000.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Leo81(m): 12:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
15 k guaranteed.
This is a job slavery.....
A Security job that's a day in and a day off duty pays 30k least......
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by naija4life247: 12:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
bachelor degree in biology at benue state university. 2011 second class lower 2.2.

HAAAA. After 11 years of graduation, you are talking about 15K job? This is very disheartening, but your own time too is coming. God will lift you too up. Me, I have to advice ooo, I am just too sad to read this
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by awoo47: 12:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
Nozino:

The employer suggested a base salary of 15k. This wasn’t commission based. Minimum wage aside, how do you pay someone 15k? Why is this an option? A T shirt is 20k and a Jean 30k. How would the workers survive present day Nigeria?

It is morally wrong to offer adults such compensation and the only reason employers do this is because they know people have no choice but to take it.
bros calm down...

how many people dey buy 30k jeans grin grin

if e pass 4k abeg i no want angry

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by fineboynl(m): 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2022
15k and you called that a job. That's slavery. Money nor de pure water business.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by damoobaba: 12:33pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
#15k a month for a university graduate. This is suffering. Problem is if you guys find your way to Lagos that the government worked so hard to make the state an investment destination, you'll start thinking of how to vote out that government. Hopefully, you'll have a good Government in Kogi state one day.I wish that God will give you a better job to do Sha.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by alamin0506(m): 12:33pm On Jul 03, 2022
OP your analysis were poor, but never too late since you’re here. My 10kobo.

Re-negotiate the pay, I will advise you seek #5 per bag, persuade him if he can offer such and I bet you, you will get a percentage from his sales.

Imagine selling 500bags daily, multiple by 25 days in a month.

The #15 is never an option. Listen less to people and believe you can start from somewhere. The next phase is to start saving, long story short your building your customers/market, You can secure loan in the long run plus your savings and continue from what you’ve built.

Do this and thank me later.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by pharmaking: 12:33pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:

Are u serious u had a degree in Biology?

Ooomo, why I no go thank God for this life.

I wish you something better soon, cos I can't imagine 15k per month.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by zedegit: 12:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:

Even a primary school pupil will tell you to collect #15000 that is sure every month.

Asking for #4 per bag means that even if you sell 100 bags every day for 30 days in a month, you will get #12 000. Besides it puts you under pressure affecting your health and peace of mind.

Be sensible and accept #15000

Last bullet: How will you even survive on #15 000 monthly? What is your level of education? We might advice you better or give you a better offer.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Neddyogu(m): 12:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
Nozino:

[color=#990000][/color]

It's also morally wrong for u to ask someone to steal. Haba!
@op pls show that although u ain't rich, u ain't no thief either. Work with honour and ur way will open. Whatever you do, don't steal.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Tbagwell1(m): 12:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
the manager is trying to exploit you sir, the pay for a driver is #8 per bag sold not #4 like he said. Asked other companies around to get the exact amount before you start.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by funshint(m): 12:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
At OP; no you didn't get a job. You just got work!
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Originalsly: 12:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
50 bags to make meal money. Under the hot sun ... you will soon burn up the food energy selling and get hungry again.... another 25 bags profit gone in the stomach as fuel. Then you need to drink water.... dehydration.... maybe 4 satchels for the day?.... that's from your pocket and N16 less from income. At the end of the day.... you need to sell at least 80 satchels just for feeding. You have no clue how many you can sell. So come Monday.... just remember the number 80.
N15K per month... just as driver... no shouting no sweating... at least N500 per day. You need to sell 125 satchels to make that .... plus a other 80 for feeding.... like 200 satchels a day plus shouting and sweating to earn the same.
Is there nothing else you can do to earn N500 per day? .... must you be an employee?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

What Is A Cover Letter? How To Write One. Sample Template. / How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / Important: Notice to Jobseekers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.