Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. (34356 Views)

Nairalanders Please I Need Your Input On This Job I Have Gotten / Q I Group Of Companies Your Advice Is Needed / I Just Got A Job From Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Trojan8(m): 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
bluefilm:

Why are you complaining?

Did you ask the OP where the office is located?

Did you think of how much the pure water company is really making before they can pay wages?

You just assumed it is slave labor already because you heard 15K wages angry

Don't let your entitlement mentality send you to an early grave.

Nonsense. sad

Are you dumb? So a graduate asking for more than $25 a month is sense of entitlement? Just look at the way you reason. Nothing in this world would make me do this kind of job.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by zedegit: 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
Proudlyomonna:
15k per month shocked
God how did we get to this level undecided
What does the manager expect a grown up man like you to do with 15k angry
Do that job for only one month,then go and register with Job agencies.
I believe you will get something better than this.
Bro Country hard oo 15k no fit carry you reach half of the month now sef.
May God give you something better.

This thought keeps me awake at night. I was thinking I am extravagant o. If #10k is my hands, it disappears before 2 weeks.

Baba o.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
If u sell upto 150bags per day, go for 4naira

Let assume u have 22working days..

150bags x 22days x 4naira = 13,200naira

Feeding allowance of 200naira x 22days = 4,400naira

Total = 17,600naira

Damn! Difference of 2,600naira

Which kind employer dey place 4naira per bag sef..
We still dey era of coins? Country where 5naira no get usefulness again, u dey reason 4naira...

Tell am make hin shift that 4naira up abeg
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Some employers are just setting themselves up with all these cheap labour.....i don't care how much your cost of production is... if you cant pay decent salary, then you are not ready to be an employer of labor...do it with your family
They will never learn.

Private school owners and wannabe entrepreneurs will not be happy with your comments.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by akanbiaa(m): 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
tctrills:

Are you saying that people earn 15k are criminals. Don't you know that it is idleness that leads to crime? When you say a better job is coming for him, are you going to give it to him. Jobs don't come for us, we apply for jobs, we search for jobs. Unfortunately, Nigeria is a poor country so most of the jobs are poor jobs.
You obviously don't know the meaning of slavery. If you do, you would know that idleness is a curse. Don't you know that it is much easier to get a better job if you have years of experience even from poorer jobs? You obviously are one of the privileged ones, you don't understand what is going on. Please don't advice anyone to be jobless.
People who advise others to stay jobless rather than accept low paying job are people that live in free house, free food and consistent pocket money from parents and guardian and probably freedom to ride a car and gets fueled by same parent / guardian so they will find it difficult to understand why a person will accept monthly pay of what they spend (thru their parent /guardian ) on a daily average.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 03, 2022
Do your job and go home. Your fellow employees are not ur friends.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by johnnychuks(m): 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2022
tctrills:

Are you saying that people earn 15k are criminals. Don't you know that it is idleness that leads to crime? When you say a better job is coming for him, are you going to give it to him. Jobs don't come for us, we apply for jobs, we search for jobs. Unfortunately, Nigeria is a poor country so most of the jobs are poor jobs.
You obviously don't know the meaning of slavery. If you do, you would know that idleness is a curse. Don't you know that it is much easier to get a better job if you have years of experience even from poorer jobs? You obviously are one of the privileged ones, you don't understand what is going on. Please don't advice anyone to be jobless.
. I will never engaged in doing that, but I am saying it from experience, he will regret the hole thing if he engage in such work, when he begin to see the tax of the job he will comprehend what I am saying,pls let us not advice some one what we can not take.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by aimsbaba(m): 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
Good evening to all great men, women, boys and girls in Nairaland.
without wasting your precious time i will cut the long story short; as the topic stated, I just got a job in a pure water factory as a Driver, after much interaction and oral interview with the manager of the factory and gave me two options to accept either he will be paying me 15k per month or in every sale I made per bag that i will be earning #4. and aside from the salary he promised of giving me #200 everyday to serve as a meal, so out of curiosity I accepted the second option which is #4 per bag... pls which is more preferable, #15k monthly or #4 per bag sold? thanks and remain blessed. Note: Am to resume on Monday.

Wahala dey for Naija oooo. 15k? Bro, he better make you go join Nigerian Police Force or Nigerian Army. 15k no be money o
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
As a teacher, you definitely earn more than that plus home lessons. You must realise ₦50 or more every month
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by WatchYourSix: 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
LagbajaTheBEREAN:

They will never learn.

Private school owners and wannabe entrepreneurs will not be happy with your comments.

Na those ones worse pass...the most exploitative employers in the country are private school owners..before i went for NYSC one school owner offered to pay me 8k permonth to teach chemistry, biology and maths... see witchcraft

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by japhethGold: 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
bachelor degree in biology at benue state university. 2011 second class lower 2.2.

Haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil
Heey heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

This is how wicked and bad Nigeria has become? you have degree and some one wanted to pay u 15k salary per month ?

Hmm. God have mercy on our generation and deliver us all in Jesus Name.

Do you see that we need to start stoning politicians who have been in politics since 2009 whenever we see them?

Before I left Nigeria, my driver had just finished secondary school then but I used to pay him 40,000 Naira salary monthly. After 6 months of service I confirmed him and increased the pay to N50,000 monthly. Personally, I have a degree and I know the pain people go through to study for degrees so I can not pay a degree holder N15k per month. I will never.

I will advise you to leave Lokoja and go to lagos even if you have no place to sleep. Go to Unilag or Yaba tech and be sleeping there while searching for job. I am not a theorist; I am telling you what I did when I first got to Lagos. I had no one but I refused to sit in my home state Benue to earn N10k salary after obtaining 2.1 degree in Economics.

It was not an easy journey for me ooo. But I am a Born Again Christian so I studied the Bible and prayed and fought toothlessly until God Almighty settled me.

I became a chartered accountant in Lagos; I owed my audit firm and employed graduates and chartered accountants to work for my firm. I lived in lekki with my family uptil last year. And today my family and I have left Nigeria when the economic situation began to deteriorate beyond repairs under Buhari tsunami regime.

I have shared my story just to motivate you. Your God and degree can make way for you in Lagos if you know what you studied in the Uni.

Today my wife, my three handsome sons and I are all living in the United Kingdom.

I pray my God will make a way for you in Jesus Name.

Finally, connect me on facebook(Japheth Jev), perhaps you may qualify for one of my scholarships to learn IT skill or take ICAN professional exams which can change your story, through Jesus Christ.

Thanks and stay blessed.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by dazzlingd(m): 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
Advise and advice are two different things

But na wa for africa oo, africans breed poverty and encourages it. How will I employ someone to be paying the person 15k per month?

And na them dey go church pass

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by tctrills: 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2022
akanbiaa:
People who advise others to stay jobless rather than accept low paying job ate people that live in free house, free food and consistent pocket money from parents and guardian and probably freedom to ride a car and gets fueled by same parent / guardian so they will find it difficult to understand why a person will accept monthly pay of what they spend (thru their parent /guardian ) on a daily average.
You said it all. We should be teaching others the value of labor. Japan became a wealthy nation because its people were willing to work longer hours for less pay. They built a strong working culture and today, their kids are reaping the reward.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by 79733139(m): 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2022
Can you sell a lot of bags? Maybe you know how to meet party and event organisers and sell pure water bags to them... anyway, just ask him if you can change the arrangement later, if you aren't able to sell enough.

Das1mama:
without wasting your precious time i will cut the long story short; as the topic stated, I just got a job in a pure water factory as a Driver, after much interaction and oral interview with the manager of the factory and gave me two options to accept either he will be paying me 15k per month or in every sale I made per bag that i will be earning #4. and aside from the salary he promised of giving me #200 everyday to serve as a meal, so out of curiosity I accepted the second option which is #4 per bag... pls which is more preferable, #15k monthly or #4 per bag sold? thanks and remain blessed. Note: Am to resume on Monday.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by bluefilm: 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
Trojan8:
Are you dumb? So a graduate asking for more than $25 a month is sense of entitlement? Just look at the way you reason. Nothing in this world would make me do this kind of job.

Don't be stupid.

Do you have any idea how much the company is making before you start with your GRADUATE entitlement mentality?

You may not need the job because of your useless GRADUATE status but the fact remains that there are some people who will need the job so please stop discouraging such persons with your GRADUATE mentality.

I wonder why your status as a GRADUATE did not equip you with the necessary skills to start your own business rather than looking for a job where you can leech from.

Nonsense. angry
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by mrkings84(m): 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
The total pay is around 20k that's adding the daily 200 naira for lunch. My advice is, if you truly know how to drive, go get a driver's license, then go hunt for driving jobs in other institutions. Driving job is not an easy or cheap job, so you can be paid much more.

Taxi and bus drivers go home with at least a thousand naira on a bad day.

It's better remaining an applicant than doing some yeye jobs!
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by zedegit: 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
Diligent1:

There is no justification for this, N15,000 can not feed him in a month.
The employer is wicked for a driving job that requires energy.

Honestly brother, It's not easy. When I was earning #30 000 I was just able to feed and transport myself with little change left.

How can someone earning #30 000 reason wife when now I am earning close to #75 000 it's barely enough for me talkless of naija wife that will want me to carry all the burdens alone.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by MrHighSea: 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2022
ibinaboonline:
Thank you for giving him this advice. Chai, people dey suffer for this country o. I'll never look down on anybody in this life. Chai. Na wa o. It's there anybody here on nairaland who can reach out to this guy and post him a meaningful job?/
I've a job that can pay him at least twice of that. There's a lodge sef. But who to TRUST.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by jericco1(m): 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2022
15k salary?
What shocked
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by damoobaba: 1:17pm On Jul 03, 2022
zedegit:

This thought keeps me awake at night. I was thinking I am extravagant o. If #10k is my hands, it disappears before 2 weeks.

Baba o.

Lol, #10k dey hardly stay my hand for 10 days
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by tctrills: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2022
johnnychuks:
. I will never engaged in doing that, but I am saying it from experience, he will regret the hole thing if he engage in such work, when he begin to see the tax of the job he will comprehend what I am saying,pls let us not advice some one what we can not take.
Just so you know, I have worked for free in a mechanic village just for the experience. This made me very valuable in my industry at the time. Laziness is never an option. I would instead work for 5k than stay at home doing nothing. We build skills, capacity, and a sense of responsibility through work.
Please stop discouraging young men who are ready to work. Again, we grow from the bottom up and not the other way around.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Trojan8(m): 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2022
bluefilm:

Don't be stupid.

Do you have any idea how much the company is making before you start with your GRADUATE entitlement mentality?

You may not need the job because of your useless GRADUATE status but the fact remains that there are some people who will need the job so please stop discouraging such persons with your GRADUATE mentality.

I wonder why your status as a GRADUATE did not equip you with the necessary skills to start your own business rather than looking for a job where you can leech from.

Nonsense. angry

Now I know that I am wasting my time with a senseless clown that's far from reality. Imagine this idiot calling looking for job "leeching". If everybody had a business, who would be your customer? I am trying to wrap my head around how you would call selling my time and services for money as leeching.

I pity anybody that would work with someone with a f.uc.k.ed up mindset like you.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by seyimailbox: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
bachelor degree in biology at benue state university. 2011 second class lower 2.2.
Life is in stages. Know the stage where you are now, don't settle long on each stage, keep moving.
It is good to ask questions, just as you have done now. Ask people around how they make money legitimately, take interest in how that comfortable man on your street earn his living with a view to improving your earnings too.
Have a plan of what you want and find out how to get there. Don't be complacent.
Finally, pick the 15k option but don't stay there for more than 4 months or you renegotiate for ₦20 per bag. Good luck
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Abujason: 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:

You just got a job and now you want advise?
Then go to work.
That’s my advise.
I hope this advise helps.

Don’t be a Tinubu with lifetime ambition of becoming president but can’t decide on a running mate almost 1 month after convention.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Chachamiliano: 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2022
SlavaUkraini:
Collect the 4 Naira per bag : he get why..

Your marketing skills will improve.

Apart from being a driver, it will help your marketing skills because your earnings depends on how many bags you can sell.

Set Sales target for yourself.

You should start with a monthly target of selling at least 4000 bags a month. It is possible even in this rainy season because people don't drink gutter Water in raining season. Pure water is still selling this period.

When you become good in marketing your product, you would be earning even much more than that 15k salary .

Make sure whatever agreement you are making with your employer is written in Black and White, Because when you start making more than the 15k monthly , you employer may "Change it" for you .

He may tell you that he will not pay more than 3 Naira per bag and then you can't do anything because your agreement was only verbal.

So 4 Naira per bag income is a good way to improve your marketing skills while you are still getting paid.

Take this word. Simple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:

Nigeria is completely finished. Completely.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Ikpongiton: 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2022
WatchYourSix:
People are evil ooo..15k per month in this harsh economy....when the employee now steal your money you'll start lamenting how you helped him with a job and pay you back with wrong.....

Some employers are just setting themselves up with all these cheap labour.....i domt care how much your cost of production is... if you cant pay decent salary, then you are not ready to be an employer of labor...do it with your family
who are you blaming now, the employer or the government?Do you know that a litre of diesel is#850 now.Believe me, some manufactures are running on loss.The distribution truck is out of reach now, and the competition is stiff.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by cutieme(m): 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
Why not go into educational line and teach biology ?
It will pay you better especially when you organize home. Lessons too,think about it please

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by bluefilm: 1:23pm On Jul 03, 2022
Trojan8:
Now I know that I am wasting my time with a senseless clown that's far from reality. Imagine this idiot calling looking for job "leeching". If everybody had a business, who would be your customer? I am trying to wrap my head around how you would call selling my time and services for money as leeching.

I pity anybody that would work with someone with a f.uc.k.ed up mindset like you.

Since you are only good in selling your time and services for money, I'd advise you then to carry your nonsense self, time and services to a higher bidder rather than telling me to change my Wage structure for you simply because you are the first & ONLY graduate in Nigeria.

Thunder faya you. angry
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by BRATISLAVA: 1:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
Thank you so much sir

Obviously the man expects you to steal from him in order to augment the wages.

Do not disappoint.

That's how you'll get the money you need to make your next move.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Gerrard59(m): 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
WatchYourSix:
People are evil ooo..15k per month in this harsh economy....when the employee now steal your money you'll start lamenting how you helped him with a job and pay you back with wrong.....

Some employers are just setting themselves up with all these cheap labour.....i domt care how much your cost of production is... if you cant pay decent salary, then you are not ready to be an employer of labor...do it with your family

Written by someone who has never started a business or managed one.

Nigeria is one of the world's most populous countries with anaemic GDP growth rates, thus, leading to more people available for the few businesses that exist. Low salaries would be the norm. Nigeria is not Taiwan or Singapore where birth rates are low but the economy is growing. Also, have you seen the price of diesel and the never-ending punitive taxes by various arms of gov't?
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by damoobaba: 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
MrHighSea:

I've a job that can pay him at least twice of that. There's a lodge sef. But who to TRUST.

Abeg help the guy but make sure you just put an eye. Sometimes you wonder what he's been doing 11 years since he graduated from university. Many things running through man's mind but help if you can.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Dear Scammers If You Must Post A Fake Job Do It Right... Lol / What Is A Cover Letter? How To Write One. Sample Template. / How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.