Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. (34285 Views)

Nairalanders Please I Need Your Input On This Job I Have Gotten / Q I Group Of Companies Your Advice Is Needed / I Just Got A Job From Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by kureincy(m): 2:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
How Much is minimum wage? Well, manage the one you see! Go for the 15k, at least it is certain! May God help Nigerians!!
Das1mama:
Good evening to all great men, women, boys and girls in Nairaland.
without wasting your precious time i will cut the long story short; as the topic stated, I just got a job in a pure water factory as a Driver, after much interaction and oral interview with the manager of the factory and gave me two options to accept either he will be paying me 15k per month or in every sale I made per bag that i will be earning #4. and aside from the salary he promised of giving me #200 everyday to serve as a meal, so out of curiosity I accepted the second option which is #4 per bag... pls which is more preferable, #15k monthly or #4 per bag sold? thanks and remain blessed. Note: Am to resume on Monday.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by johnnychuks(m): 2:36pm On Jul 03, 2022
tctrills:
That's the point, with service, you acquire knowledge and are better prepared for the next job. It doesn't matter if it's a high skill or low skill. Again, If you have your own business, you would understand that many job owners are not exploiting their workers. 15k could be a fair salary for such a job in Nigeria.
Do you think the owner of the pure water business is making millions? It is very hard in Nigeria to own and manage a business. I am telling you this as a business owner. Let the
youngg man work and grow from this job.
Finally, if you say mechanics is a high-skill job, do you not know that marketing is equally a high-skill job?
. Bro this your idea is going to help us, this are the reasons all Nigerian and foreignes do exploit Nigerians in terms of labour of which you can not try it in foreign land there law will never allow that, that's the reason Nigeriand always japa to that end to make a good living, let's work together and stop these nonsense here, those are the reason we don't need people like Tinubu and Atiku as leaders.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by piyoo91: 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
Alright sir i will definitely appreciate thanks,I'm in kogi state precisely Lokoja the state capital.
you are in kogi, and you can't get your self to come over here to ajaokuta? my advice, look for someone that stays in ajaokuta kogi state that you can stay with for one or two months, I can get you a job with BN ceramics, the lowest pay there is 50k per month.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Jokkarm2: 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
Don't accept any of them , keep searching, you will get a better job that will multiple that your salary.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Thylord(m): 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
doggedfighter:
15k is assured.

There will be too much stories in the 4₦ parole .

But how do you intend to survive on 15k a month?

We are talking of 15 notes of 1k shocked

Sizable loaf of bread is ₦900 here grin

Just asking !
#1000 here in Lagos

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by mzeepositive: 2:45pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
Bro i have no any other choice after much job hunting.. may God help me.
AMEN BRO
U ARE A REAL HUSTLER, JUST KEEP YOUR HEADS HIGH GODS FAVOR WILL LOCATE U
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Zulu2022: 2:47pm On Jul 03, 2022
Nozino:

There’s no way in hell you’re trying to rationalize this rubbish. How do you pay a driver, not even a casual worker 15k? If you can’t afford to run a business, close it. Don’t engage grown folks in slave labour because you know their options is limited.
even in China with cheap labour won't pay dat
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by SPAMBOX7: 2:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
OMO PEOPLE ARE REALLY SUFFERING IN THIS COUNTRY. CHAI
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by babadee1(m): 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm not unhuman or inhumane for asking you how much you should pay a worker. Y'all so quick to analyse and criticise without giving ANY VALUABLE ANSWER to the questions asked on this forum.
You don't even look at the items bought in order to produce the satchet water you look at so commonly.

15k small o, I say how much make e d pay am, you the cap emotions

Minimum wage in Nigeria is 30k. This is a minimum wage job so that's how much he should be paid. No salaried person in Nigeria should be earning less than 30k per month by law.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by mzeepositive: 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2022
WatchYourSix:
People are evil ooo..15k per month in this harsh economy....when the employee now steal your money you'll start lamenting how you helped him with a job and pay you back with wrong.....

Some employers are just setting themselves up with all these cheap labour.....i domt care how much your cost of production is... if you cant pay decent salary, then you are not ready to be an employer of labor...do it with your family
THOUGH THE MONEY IS SMALL, BUT IF THE GUY ASK YOU FOR LOAN OF 5K WILL YOU GIVE HIM?
BRO DONT ALLOW ANYONE ONLINE TO MISLEAD YOU PLEASE TAKE IT FOR A START I PROMISE YOU THATS THE LOWEST YOU CAN GO… SUBSEQUENT OPPORTUNITIES WILL BE HIGH
EVEN IF YOU DONT NEED THE MONEY DO THE WORK FOR A MONTH & OUT OF IT GIVE YOUR PARENTS EVEN AS LITTLE AS 1K OUT OF 15K & SEE THE DANGEROUS PRAYER THEY WILL PRAY FOR YOU
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Arielle: 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
bachelor degree in biology at benue state university. 2011 second class lower 2.2.
My God!! This country is gone. Totally screwed!
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by tctrills: 2:56pm On Jul 03, 2022
johnnychuks:
. Bro this your idea is going to help us, this are the reasons all Nigerian and foreignes do exploit Nigerians in terms of labour of which you can not try it in foreign land there law will never allow that, that's the reason Nigeriand always japa to that end to make a good living, let's work together and stop these nonsense here, those are the reason we don't need people like Tinubu and Atiku as leaders.
Nobody is exploiting you. Just learn to be hardworking and you would be blessed. We all want plenty money but you need to start from somewhere.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by odimbannamdi(m): 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2022
Trojan8:
That #4 would pay you more sha. You can easily do 500 bags, and during dry season it's easy to do a thousand if the company is well known.

15k is useless. Though as a graduate, wouldn't advice you to do something like that. Then again can't say for your current situation. The job can be depressing with loads of insults.

OP, take this advise
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Rickmann: 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ezmans:
but how can a company pay someone who ill be siting untop of car engine 15 k per month?

Honestly, I'm as shocked as you but what can the guy do..this is just modern-day slavery

May God help us.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Ofadaman(m): 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2022
He is being greedy, normally he should offer you your steady 15k base salary and then add commission payment per bag, so if you sell more bags you make more.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by vickydevoka(m): 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
Good evening to all great men, women, boys and girls in Nairaland.
without wasting your precious time i will cut the long story short; as the topic stated, I just got a job in a pure water factory as a Driver, after much interaction and oral interview with the manager of the factory and gave me two options to accept either he will be paying me 15k per month or in every sale I made per bag that i will be earning #4. and aside from the salary he promised of giving me #200 everyday to serve as a meal, so out of curiosity I accepted the second option which is #4 per bag... pls which is more preferable, #15k monthly or #4 per bag sold? thanks and remain blessed. Note: Am to resume on Monday.
Oga make sure na written agreement. Na so one tell me 5 naira per create, na so I begin come de make plenty sale base on say na my language people plenty for de retail line. Omo dis man reduce am to 3 Naira I gree, later him say him no do again.
Rich men are always scared of young prospective people ( just know dis). They all believe you will soon over take them or outshine them in that line of business (Especially Anambra people)
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Majesty33(m): 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2022
Mark my words, you are the cause of your own idleness cos you have limited scope of reason and u have failed to develop yourself if all this year a whole graduate like u could settle for this offer. Mehnn, many other better offers than this. I was doing fine when I was not a graduate and I never did such horrible job for a living.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by vickydevoka(m): 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2022
doggedfighter:
15k is assured.

There will be too much stories in the 4₦ parole .

But how do you intend to survive on 15k a month?

We are talking of 15 notes of 1k shocked

Sizable loaf of bread is ₦900 here grin

Just asking !
Please don't discourage him or her. It's better than begging. If she's a gal she go combine am with hook up during weekends..
Have you ask yourself how Abuja secretaries survive with 50 thousand salary. Staying in an apartment of 400k.
During weekends they all going into prostitution. Abuja men are useless from day 1
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Goldmaxx(f): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
Nozino:

The employer suggested a base salary of 15k. This wasn’t commission based. Minimum wage aside, how do you pay someone 15k? Why is this an option? A T shirt is 20k and a Jean 30k. How would the workers survive present day Nigeria?

Dear OP, if you do decide to take this job, please steal as much as you can.

It is morally wrong to offer adults such compensation and the only reason employers do this is because they know people have no choice but to take it.
I tell you. Nigerian employers are so wicked. No body to regulate all these. That's how you know Nigeria is messed up.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by doggedfighter(f): 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2022
vickydevoka:

Please don't discourage him or her. It's better than begging. If she's a gal she go combine am with hook up during weekends..
Have you ask yourself how Abuja secretaries survive with 50 thousand salary. Staying in an apartment of 400k.
During weekends they all going into prostitution. Abuja men are useless from day 1

If she's a gal she go combine am with hook up during weekends..

Vickydevoka, so this is a side hustle grin grin grin
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by panini(m): 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2022
This topic and some comments are demoralising. Left to some people, they'll bring back slavery.
If the business model cannot accommodate at least the minimum wage, it's a non viable business model.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by mike70(m): 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2022
Paying per bag is better but #4 is too small.
You'll enjoy it in dry season.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Goldmaxx(f): 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2022
pocohantas:

Hah!! This is sad!!
I am speechless.
it's so painful too.
I wish I could help him with a job.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Goldmaxx(f): 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2022
bluefilm:

Why are you complaining?

Did you ask the OP where the office is located?

Did you think of how much the pure water company is really making before they can pay wages?

You just assumed it is slave labor already because you heard 15K wages angry

Don't let your entitlement mentality send you to an early grave.

Nonsense. sad
shut it!
Anybody paying any employee anything less than 30k for a full time work 24/7 is wicked.
Stop justifying evil. That's why we keep getting bad leaders, we the people are equally bad
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by ankaravillageng: 3:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
Take the 15k salary, add 5 or 10 naira to each bag of pure water you are selling, especially when you source for your own customer, once you are certain of selling at least 500 bags of pure water daily then switch to commission based. I don't know of your location but it's possible in Lagos, at least my mom sells @least700 bags weekly. Find those selling to hawkers and get them to buy from you.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Solatium(m): 3:39pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
bachelor degree in biology at benue state university. 2011 second class lower 2.2.

Move away from that your lokoja,go to Abuja or Nasarawa,you will find a teaching job at worse in a mushroom nursery and primary school.
Lagos is not an option for you now,i would have suggested that.
Just move if you want to be better in future
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Das1mama: 3:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
mzeepositive:

AMEN BRO
U ARE A REAL HUSTLER, JUST KEEP YOUR HEADS HIGH GODS FAVOR WILL LOCATE U
thank you so much bro
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Worldbest281: 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2022
I have done it before, accept the salary because you will still be making money everyday
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by DaviesCool: 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2022
Das1mama:
Alright sir i will definitely appreciate thanks,I'm in kogi state precisely Lokoja the state capital.

Please WhatsApp message on 0903fourfourfour333zero

15k is fucking just too low
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Das1mama: 3:45pm On Jul 03, 2022
piyoo91:
you are in kogi, and you can't get your self to come over here to ajaokuta? my advice, look for someone that stays in ajaokuta kogi state that you can stay with for one or two months, I can get you a job with BN ceramics, the lowest pay there is 50k per month.
ok sir, i will be forever grateful and indebted to you. thanks in anticipation.
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by kareemkamil(m): 3:45pm On Jul 03, 2022
Tell them u aren't working again
Re: I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. by Das1mama: 3:45pm On Jul 03, 2022
kureincy:
How Much is minimum wage? Well, manage the one you see! Go for the 15k, at least it is certain! May God help Nigerians!!
Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Guinness Nigeria Plc Latest Graduate Job Recruitment 2016 / A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook / Pastors & Evangelists Wanted: The Punch Advert I Saw Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.