Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) (53593 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by SEYIOKE: 1:26pm On Jul 04, 2022
No new testament church should ever collect tithe.

[/quote]
Hardly will you see new testament churches collecting 10 percent, they now collect above 50%
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Trybes(m): 1:27pm On Jul 04, 2022
thesicilian:
After making millions of dollars from it. Is he going to return all the tithes he has received over the years?

Not possible they have been consumed
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by babzo(m): 1:28pm On Jul 04, 2022
clems88:
This one don miss road.
As for I'll continue paying because I know what happens when ever I don't pay my tithe angry

But why are you giving 10% ( Tithe); does that mean the rest 90% is yours?.So 10% to God and 90% to you?
As a Christian, did you not promise to give God everything.?
Why 10% then? The New Testement seems to indicate that 100% of all your income and all you possess belongs to God.

I think the problem is that most Christians don't hear from God personally. If they did, then all they have is for God and He will instruct them whether to give 1% one month, 80% another and 100% another month. Afteall God is faithful and will take care of them even when they give 100%.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Nosayer: 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2022
IrepChrist:
I have listened to the message.
You can pay your tithe it's not unscriptural. But all the punishment for non payers are laws in the old testament. Mal: 3:7-10.
In the new testament, you are no more under those laws if you default.

All giving are voluntary and should be done according to how God has blessed you.

I still pay tithe and I will continue but I am not under the old testament law but under grace.

And tithe is not your ticket to heaven.
https://www.nairaland.com/7208619/tithing-does-not-guarantee-make

What God desires the most is the heart and not tithe or no tithe. When the heart is totally sold to God, a man can be giving 50% of his income voluntarily.

Tithes aim to reduce the need in God's house but a sold-out person won't wait for tithing before meeting the needs of God's house.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by TimeArena1(f): 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2022
He said,

"Religion is sustained by two things.

Fear and guilt"

I felt that.

3 Likes

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Trybes(m): 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2022
Are you sure this man is not watching Daddy Freeze videos
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by oglalasioux(m): 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2022
Did he say anything about refund?
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Onewazobia(m): 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2022
[quote author=Wisejohnson47 post=114410835]Whatever you are doing that is working for you please keep pushing and doing it, nobody should confused you [/quotep]

What do you mean by "working for you?"
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by LordReed(m): 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2022
GreyLaw:
Interesting position.

How far? When is that event overturning Biden's presidency gonna happen? Abi e no dey happen again?
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by SarkinYarki: 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2022
Dingdongbells:

Yes. E don sharply post or go live on his Facebook page.

cheesy cheesy
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Amalekki: 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2022
4tunebest:

If giving 10% of what I earn is not tithing, then what is tithing
Tithing is a specific law in the old statement.

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by etenyong(m): 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2022
I guess you are a member of The Church Of Christ. The ground and pillar of truth[color=#006600][/color]

Thank God! We do not practice tithing among the Saints and I have never paid tithe all my life in the church Christ paid for with His blood. I pray others come to this truth too very soon.

No new testament church should ever collect tithe.

Nice one by this influencial member of the clergy. I am particularly happy that he is black. He should write his own 99 thesis too like Martin Luther.

There are still other errors like the concept of denominationalism with one senior head and branches, use of musical instruments in worship, sprinkling of water for baptism instead of full immersion, creating titles like Reverend, General Overseer, Archbishop etc,
confusing the post of an evangelist with a Pastor, appointing those who have not met the qualities of an Elder/Pastor as a Pastor and having a single pastor leading a congregration instead of having 2 or more among many other errors still in place.

Meanwhile,if you want free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! to download, read and use, please check my signature. Cheers.[/quote]
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by uncleteeh(m): 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2022
thesicilian:
After making millions of dollars from it. Is he going to return all the tithes he has received over the years?
Leave him and the ugly mofos saying shits up there.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by deflover(m): 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2022
will he return all the tithe collected
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by prizeless(m): 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2022
Be happy as people are denouncing. Tithe is between you and GOD not you and any church, just stay there
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by workchopNG: 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2022
iwatchandlisten:

New International Version
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. (Matthew 5:17)

He fulfilled them and ushered us into the dispensation of grace. But if you still want to keep the laws, make sure you keep all and not a few, otherwise you'll be attracting a curse. Christ confirmed it even before he fulfilled the law. Mathew 23:23

So, if you pay tithe, make sure you keep all other laws to avoid curses.

2 Likes

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Pastorsmile: 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2022
Money failed in Egypt
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by orlaglobal234: 1:53pm On Jul 04, 2022
After enriching himself with lot of dollars from members tithes now you're condemned it as if you're a saint
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by petra1(m): 1:55pm On Jul 04, 2022
IrepChrist:
I have listened to the message.
You can pay your tithe it's not unscriptural. But all the punishment for non payers are laws in the old testament. Mal: 3:7-10.

I.listened to the full message also . the OP is misleading . He said not to give out of fear and guilt . he said any tape of his that didn't align with that fact should be destroyed

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by GardenOfGod(m): 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2022
Very good... Tithing is a non Christian practice. Those who are paying tithe are under the law of Moses.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by sinkhole: 1:57pm On Jul 04, 2022
thesicilian:
I wonder o, why can't he follow Lazarus' foot step and return every penny collected to everybody?
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by GardenOfGod(m): 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2022
workchopNG:

He fulfilled them and ushered us into the dispensation of grace. But if you still want to keep the laws, make sure you keep all and not a few, otherwise you'll be attracting a curse. Christ confirmed it even before he fulfilled the law. Mathew 23:23

So, if you pay tithe, make sure you keep all other laws to avoid curses.
To support your point let's read from Galatians 3:10
3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by AreaFada2: 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2022
Hotfreezer:
It takes a lot of balls for a beneficiary of tithing to do this.
Yep! You are correct. I have said that tithing as preached by MoGs today is wrong.

I commend his courage to finally admit.

2 Likes

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2022
Deborah98:
Lol this tithing of a thing has been a disputable topic over ages. People will just wake up and say their own version of what they feel is really right to do.
But the Truth of Jesus Christ aka the Gospel of the Kingdom of God has not changed at all in over 2000 years though. undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 04, 2022
Onosb1990:
Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-P4dbx-dNw

I was wrong- US clergyman, Creflo Dollar, denounces his position on tithing, asks his followers to destroy every book and tape he has ever written and preached on tithing because it's not biblical.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cflj6bmgGj1/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Stop talking in your videos. Those who watcj are wise enough to decipher. Stop using your horrible voice to spoil video. Not yours, you lifted it? Why talk?
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Great0ne1: 2:03pm On Jul 04, 2022
Throwback:
The Devil is finally loosing the battle of monetised religion.
Well said bro
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by dogmart(m): 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2022
Imstrong2:
Am not against paying of tithe but the emphasis by most pentecostal pastors is wrong

If u are a Christian, you should be against it. It is false teaching.

The truth is that we are only practicing Religion and Not being Christ like.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Premiumwriter: 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2022
Throwback:
The Devil is finally loosing the battle of monetised religion.
Lolz.

You don't know how religion works.

Now is the time more people will start tithing
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Godside: 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2022
Impregnable101:
Finally! Next is TD Jakes then every other Nigerian pastors except church of Christ that doesn't believe in tithing

You can see that again... church of Christ...the pillar of truth
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Timfreds(m): 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2022
4tunebest:
For me, personally, the reason why I pay tithe is not because the Bible commands it or not. I pay tithe just to show God that I am grateful for provision and would willingly give a part of it to show my gratitude. I know how poverty dealt with me in the past and how God intervened to make me swim in the abundance I have now. So for someone like me, tithing is an act of gratitude to God and no propaganda can make me stop paying tithe.

My conviction is beyond what is written in the scriptures or what pastors preach

There is so much controversy about payment of tithes because some pastors chose to preach tithe by instilling fear and telling congregants "the Bible commands it". They failed to approach and teach tithing from a place of deep love for God and willingness to give. Nobody should be compelled to pay tithe. Rather, pastors should focus on genuinely winning the hearts of congregants to have genuine love for God and they wont have to compel, force, preach, harass or guilt-trip them into paying tithes.

Payment of tithe should come from a place of deep love for God and not because a pastor said the Bible commands it.

I wish others that have a contrary view to tithing, all the best
God bless you Brother.
I normally tell other believers that if the Early Church paid tithe, Apostle Paul would have written about it.
Nevertheless, I choose to pay Tithe for 2 reasons:- To show gratitude for God being my source of my income; and the Church needs the money to continue the work of God.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Sexuality: No Matter How You Color Them, Only One Set Would Fit (Photo) / Helen Oritsejafor Lies On The Rug In Church As Choristers Sing (p / Lady Leading Praise & Worship Dies In Delta Church After Collapsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.