Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) (53486 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by dragunov: 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Thank God! We do not practice tithing among the Saints and I have never paid tithe all my life in the church Christ paid for with His blood. I pray others come to this truth too very soon.

No new testament church should ever collect tithe.

Nice one by this influencial member of the clergy. I am particularly happy that he is black. He should write his own 99 thesis too like Martin Luther.

There are still other errors like the concept of denominationalism with one senior head and branches, use of musical instruments in worship, sprinkling of water for baptism instead of full immersion, creating titles like Reverend, General Overseer, Archbishop etc,
confusing the post of an evangelist with a Pastor, appointing those who have not met the qualities of an Elder/Pastor as a Pastor and having a single pastor leading a congregration instead of having 2 or more among many other errors still in place.

Meanwhile,if you want free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! to download, read and use, please check my signature. Cheers.

Of all the things you said the only lie you told is about the use of musical instruments. If you try any argument, I will just ignore you.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by iramure(m): 2:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
Even if all Nigeria god of men decide to denounce tithing, a particular one in Ogun state WILL NEVER follow suit. Bunch of deceivers!
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Anetorfavour: 2:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
Throwback:
The Devil is finally loosing the battle of monetised religion.
but wait oo. All d books and messages preached all through during course of obeying d call of God was d devil behind his motivation?
If God is the unchanging changer, den i wont b wrong if i say he never really heard d voice of God or was led by d spiritof God wen he preached and wrote on d message of tithe!
Conclusion: most believers usually go with the accepted way of life biblicaly without first seeking d mind of God directly! Which can b prone to changes anytime! As one begin to grow certain believe systems are subject to change! Make sure u hear from God well. Rather Dan claiming He spoke to u only to come and later expose urself ds way! Not everyone who claims to b led by d spiritof God s actually led! Some are led by emotions and d devil or maybe d general crowd!
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by desiredhome: 2:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Daddy Freeze will be happy ooo
A confirmation of his message..

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kplusfooties20(m): 2:11pm On Jul 04, 2022
Check Malachi 3 vs 10 and be justified [color=#990000][/color]
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by iramure(m): 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2022
You lied[quote author=Bkdson2121 post=11
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Emmyvics: 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2022
thesicilian:
After making millions of dollars from it. Is he going to return all the tithes he has received over the years?
a very good question

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by dogmart(m): 2:18pm On Jul 04, 2022
Timfreds:

God bless you Brother.
I normally tell other believers that if the Early Church paid tithe, Apostle Paul would have written about it.
Nevertheless, I choose to pay Tithe for 2 reasons:- To show gratitude for God being my source of my income; and the Church needs the money to continue the work of God.

U should give offering In appreciation to God and not tithe. Let's speak up against wrong doings.

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by okuta007: 2:19pm On Jul 04, 2022
thesicilian:
After making millions of dollars from it. Is he going to return all the tithes he has received over the years?

You took the word right out of my mouth

He should make restitution not empty talks

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by ikdaddy01(m): 2:19pm On Jul 04, 2022
I respect him for his truthfulness and ability to accept new wisdom

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by yinkbell: 2:20pm On Jul 04, 2022
Batam:
For me to take him serious, all the one he has collected before must be returned to the givers as a form of restitution.

Tithe is a covenant between a believer and his God. If you have been forced or you are against tithe as a believer, you will pay more to lesser gods.

Can we now say Malachi 3:10 is removed from the Bible.
Thanks bro. Let them also remove Mathew 23:23
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by begge: 2:25pm On Jul 04, 2022
My pastor won't be happy to hear this
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by tunjidachosen(m): 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2022
Olodo listen well before you post, he never said tithing is wrong neither did he say it is not biblical. He simply said there are things about tithing he has said in the past that were wrong and he wanted to correct them. To be specific he was addressing the fact that some preachers instill ungodly fear in the heart of the church by emphasizing on the consequences of not paying tithe and attributing people's negative experiences to not tithing. He is trying to now emphasize that tithing is an act of worship to God and not something of a compulsory levy. Tithing is a choice

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by pasuma(m): 2:28pm On Jul 04, 2022
The proper thing to do like the Jews are doing right now since there is no temple in jerusalem, take the tenth and give to the needy in your family, if you still have excess give to the poor in your area and so on... After all the whole concept is to give whatsoever gathered to feed the needy and the poor and the Levites are entitled to only a tenth of whatever is gathered..

4tunebest:
For me, personally, the reason why I pay tithe is not because the Bible commands it or not. I pay tithe just to show God that I am grateful for provision and would willingly give a part of it to show my gratitude. I know how poverty dealt with me in the past and how God intervened to make me swim in the abundance I have now. So for someone like me, tithing is an act of gratitude to God and no propaganda can make me stop paying tithe.

My conviction is beyond what is written in the scriptures or what pastors preach

There is so much controversy about payment of tithes because some pastors chose to preach tithe by instilling fear and telling congregants "the Bible commands it". They failed to approach and teach tithing from a place of deep love for God and willingness to give. Nobody should be compelled to pay tithe. Rather, pastors should focus on genuinely winning the hearts of congregants to have genuine love for God and they wont have to compel, force, preach, harass or guilt-trip them into paying tithes.

Payment of tithe should come from a place of deep love for God and not because a pastor said the Bible commands it.

I wish others that have a contrary view to tithing, all the best
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Unity19(m): 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2022
Are you a Church of Christ member?

FreeStuffsNG:
Thank God! We do not practice tithing among the Saints and I have never paid tithe all my life in the church Christ paid for with His blood. I pray others come to this truth too very soon.

Nice one by this influencial member of the clergy. I am particularly happy that he is black. He should write his own 99 thesis too like Martin Luther.

There are still other errors like the concept of denominationalism with one senior head and branches, use of musical instruments in worship, sprinkling of water for baptism instead of full immersion, creating titles like Reverend, General Overseer, Archbishop etc,
confusing the post of an evangelist with a Pastor, appointing those who have not met the qualities of an Elder/Pastor as a Pastor and having a single pastor leading a congregration instead of having 2 or more among many other errors still in place.

Meanwhile,if you want free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! to download, read and use, please check my signature. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by tunjijones(m): 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2022
bennybuhari:
Tithing is not by force

A very popular GO of the most popular Pentecostal church in Nigeria said to his pastors "Go and tell your church members that if they don't pay tithe they will go to hell"

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by simplesearch: 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2022
He was never wrong to have preached tithing as one of the fundamental teachings of the Bible. What is wrong with many prosperity preachers is the tenacity with which they major on minor and diminish weightier matters of God's law. Tithing was commanded by God in old testament and approved by Jesus in the new testament. It is God's foremost way of financing his work on earth and also a means by which his people enter into covenant of perpetual blessing with him. If government were to allow everyone pay whatever they like as tax or levy, there will be no meaningful development due to paucity of fund. Same way, if God were to allow everyone give according to their desire, God's work on earth will suffer; not because those serving him don't love him enough to give for the furtherance of his work, but becasue since the fall of Adam, human always need some extra prodding to do what's right. Banks are rich financial organizations and yet they charge interest on loan, we don't question them on that. So also God, even though he's rich in all things but because we are dealing with him in our own currency we need such an exchange to keep us appreciative of the free air, water, sunlight, rice,yam,millet,vegetable orange,apple,banana plantain sorghum,cocoa,sugarcane,fish,meat,milk,and the good soil he freely bestow on us each day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by hohafrank(m): 2:32pm On Jul 04, 2022
He should be stoned.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 2:33pm On Jul 04, 2022
IrepChrist:
I have listened to the message.
You can pay your tithe it's not unscriptural. But all the punishment for non payers are laws in the old testament. Mal: 3:7-10.
In the new testament, you are no more under those laws if you default.
All giving are voluntary and should be done according to how God has blessed you.
I still pay tithe and I will continue but I am not under the old testament law but under grace.
And tithe is not your ticket to heaven.
You sin against when you claim to pay your tithe and offering in His name. undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 2:35pm On Jul 04, 2022
Imstrong2:
Am not against paying of tithe but the emphasis by most pentecostal pastors is wrong
Tithing for those who believe in Jesus Christ is a sin against God. Has been that way since more than 2000 years ago when Jesus Christ came and made this clear. undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 2:35pm On Jul 04, 2022
Amalekki:

Tithing is compulsory for those it was meant for in the old testament.
Tithing for those who believe in Jesus Christ is a sin against God. Has been that way since more than 2000 years ago when Jesus Christ came and made this clear. :-
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 2:36pm On Jul 04, 2022
4tunebest:
For me, personally, the reason why I pay tithe is not because the Bible commands it or not. I pay tithe just to show God that I am grateful for provision and would willingly give a part of it to show my gratitude. I know how poverty dealt with me in the past and how God intervened to make me swim in the abundance I have now. So for someone like me, tithing is an act of gratitude to God and no propaganda can make me stop paying tithe.

My conviction is beyond what is written in the scriptures or what pastors preach

There is so much controversy about payment of tithes because some pastors chose to preach tithe by instilling fear and telling congregants "the Bible commands it". They failed to approach and teach tithing from a place of deep love for God and willingness to give. Nobody should be compelled to pay tithe. Rather, pastors should focus on genuinely winning the hearts of congregants to have genuine love for God and they wont have to compel, force, preach, harass or guilt-trip them into paying tithes.

Payment of tithe should come from a place of deep love for God and not because a pastor said the Bible commands it.

I wish others that have a contrary view to tithing, all the best
Tithing for those who believe in Jesus Christ is a sin against God. Has been that way since more than 2000 years ago when Jesus Christ came and made this clear. undecided

Whatever the reasons you use to justify your doing it in God's name does not remove from the fact that you sin against the Almighty each and every time you claim to tithe or give offering in your churches in His name. undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by SeriouslySense(m): 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2022
shocked shocked shocked
tunjijones:

A very popular GO of the most popular Pentecostal church in Nigeria said to his pastors "Go and tell your church members that if they don't pay tithe they will go to hell"
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by SeriouslySense(m): 2:38pm On Jul 04, 2022
Where was it approved by Jesus in the new testament. Don't worry i have seen the answer to my question. Thank you.

simplesearch:
He was never wrong to have preached tithing as one of the fundamental teachings of the Bible. What is wrong with many prosperity preachers is the tenacity with which they major on minor and diminish weightier matters of God's law. Tithing was commanded by God in old testament and approved by Jesus in the new testament. It is God's foremost way of financing his work on earth and also a means by which his people enter into covenant of perpetual blessing with him. If government were to allow everyone pay whatever they like as tax or levy, there will be no meaningful development due to paucity of fund. Same way, if God were to allow everyone give according to their desire, God's work on earth will suffer; not because those serving him don't love him enough to give for the furtherance of his work, but becasue since the fall of Adam, human always need some extra prodding to do what's right. Banks are rich financial organizations and yet they charge interest on loan, we don't question them on that. So also God, even though he's rich in all things but because we are dealing with him in our own currency we need such an exchange to keep us appreciative of the free air, water, sunlight, rice,yam,millet,vegetable orange,apple,banana plantain sorghum,cocoa,sugarcane,fish,meat,milk,and the good soil he freely bestow on us each day.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by 00FFT00(m): 2:39pm On Jul 04, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Daddy Freeze will be happy ooo

His position on the Nigeria pastorpreneurs fraud called Tithes has been vindicated, again.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by DrDunamis(m): 2:40pm On Jul 04, 2022
Onosb1990:
Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-P4dbx-dNw

I was wrong- US clergyman, Creflo Dollar, denounces his position on tithing, asks his followers to destroy every book and tape he has ever written and preached on tithing because it's not biblical.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cflj6bmgGj1/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Go and listen to the whole message, don't just take a piece and mislead people with it.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by FIRDAUS3(m): 2:42pm On Jul 04, 2022
longetivity:
Nigerian pastors should denounce their positions on tithing too tongue

That thing go choked them angry
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by back2sender: 2:43pm On Jul 04, 2022
DADDY FREEZE WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Mubiola360: 2:45pm On Jul 04, 2022
donofdons:

God Punish Jeso �. This man is has turned around and other pastors will not like this. You don’t arrange your racket finish come dey go talk another thing.
Be careful with what you play with, I am a Muslim but will never accept you say this to my beloved prophet of God. I pray God guide you and grant you forgiveness. Be careful man. (Referring to the statement " God punish ....)
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by RichyRoma: 2:46pm On Jul 04, 2022
[you should be a membercof the Lord's church, the pillar and ground of truth=FreeStuffsNG post=114409905]Thank God! We do not practice tithing among the Saints and I have never paid tithe all my life in the church Christ paid for with His blood. I pray others come to this truth too very soon.

Meanwhile,if you want free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! to download, read and use, please check my signature. Cheers.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by SeriouslySense(m): 2:46pm On Jul 04, 2022
https://mobileaxept.com/2019/07/28/tithing-in-the-new-testament/

Old Testament vs. New Testament Tithing Breakdown
Tithing in the new testament - new testament bible
It’s an age-old debate — whether or not the tithe applies to only the Old Testament or if it is

truly included in the New Testament.

No one will argue against the fact that tithing is most frequently used throughout the Old Testament, with Malachi 3:8-12 being one of the commonly referenced passages:

“Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. “But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’ “In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me. Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the LORD Almighty. “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the Lord Almighty.”

But, as mentioned previously, the New Testament also features tithing.

In Matthew 23:23, Jesus condemns the Pharisees for tithing and ignoring the more important issues of justice, mercy, and faith:

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.”

Notice how He doesn’t say how tithing is wrong but rather suggests that they should have tithed in addition to practicing justice, mercy, and faithfulness.

When Is It Appropriate To Tithe At A Church?
tithing in the new testament which church to tithe to
Ultimately, where and when you choose to invest money is your prerogative. When deciding if you should tithe to a church or not, there are a few general rules we like to keep in mind.

For starters, don’t give money to a church because you feel guilty or if they make you feel guilty. Romans 8:1 makes it very clear there is no condemnation for those who believe. Consequently, churches should not use guilt or condemnation as a tool to get money from their church body.

Another area we like to say you don’t have to give is if you are visiting the church. When the pastor makes an offering call, they are talking to the regular attenders of their church. If their message moved you, or you feel prompted to give, then give away! But you shouldn’t feel obligated to tithe just because you attended one service.

There are a lot of reasons to NOT tithe at a church. To make things a bit easier, here are three general rules you should make sure are true for you and your church before you tithe.

You strongly agree with the church’s mission, and those running it.
You regularly attend the church and are invested in its community and growth.
You tithe happily, not because you have to or are obligated to, but because you authentically want to.
This isn’t a perfect system, but following these general rules will help you determine when and where you should be tithing your money. We are all about happy and healthy giving because its the most sustainable form of support a church can ever receive. A happy and supportive church body makes all the difference when it comes to building a lasting financial foundation for your ministry.d

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

"Insult The Prophet TB Joshua & Evoke Curses Upon Yourself" - Fan / The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches / Kenneth Copeland Lays Hands On Oyedepo At Winners Chapel's 36th Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.